setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Blame it on the Demon Cat

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:57 pm

Thread Details

Clear & Cool | 8:30 pm

OOC Message
Outfit | Song

I set a drink down in front of a sleazy-looking guy in his mid-thirties and accepted his money with a polite smile. I watched him leer at me out of the corner of my eye while I counted his change and slapped it down in front of him. Thankfully, all he did was leer, and I grabbed a rag and started wiping down the bar in peace.

I'd been there to open just an hour or so ago but I was already nursing a cup of coffee despite the slow night. I'd meant to power nap before my shift but one of Landon's friends needed a cat sitter and the damn thing hated me. Every time I was on the verge of falling asleep it would nip at my toes or claw me or some other evil act. It's not like Landon even has that many friends. Why anyone would ask him to babysit their cat was beyond me. Of course, the cat did love him. More than it liked me, which isn't saying a lot. He found the whole thing hilarious and refused to stop the evil little bastard from interrupting my precious sleep cycle.

Fortunately, it was a slow night and Mr. Sleazeball was the worst I'd had to deal with. Humans weren't bad because I could take on even the males. If a super-drunk wolf got handsy my chances of taking him down were slightly lower, although if he was drunk enough I could usually use his lack of coordination against him. I had the radio on a mediocre classic rock station (they played a little too much Stairway to Heaven for my taste) and a good CCR song came on. With no one to serve and the fact that I was slowly going downhill since I'd started the shift I figured a little mini dance-session was in order. I looked around and then started shaking my hips to the beat, just a little bit, and then more and more.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Blame it on the Demon Cat

Olivier Ngouabi | Wolf; Warrior/Fighter

Posted on Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:15 pm

OOC Message
Outfit + Sweatshirt

Index was an easy place to be a fire-fighter, that was for damn sure. But it was probably like that in any place that wasn't a thriving big city. Not that there wasn't shit to do, there was always something to do in the job. It didn't surprise me when people thought that all we did was wait around waiting for a fire to happen, hell I'd even thought that was all there was to it when I was a kid. 

But there was way more to it. I'd spent the last few days with one of the other guys with a couple of probies, in an under construction building, learning about they way they were building it and how to deal with different scenarios in an emergency. Routes and possible blockages of those routes and doing some preliminary work on pre-fire plans for the building. And that was just one type of job among many. So yeah, there were things to do but those thing weren't exactly trying.

But today had been the last day on the site which meant going through everything again. Mostly it was for the probies since it was all part of their training, the drills especially. But that didn't mean we hadn't had to run through each one with them. It'd been humid all damn day and spending hours doing that, both in and out of gear, had left me with an insane craving for a cold one. I hadn't spent as much time at One-Shot as I'd planned too but I headed there now. I'd sent Keme a message asking what he was up to but figured he was probably out in the workshop and chances were he wouldn't see it any time soon. I pushed open the door, heading for the bar but paused. The corner of my lip pulled up at the site of the bartender, the hot blonde one, who seemed to be branching out and maybe adding entertainer to her job description. I crossed the rest of the space between myself and the bar, leaning on it and tapping my knuckles against the surface. I hate to interrupt. I paused, eyes straying downwards to the tops of her legs for a second. Shorts were just the best damn invention, right? Really hate to interrupt but I feel dead as hell and an ice cold beer is the only thing that'll do anything about that. Or maybe I should've kept my mouth shut and just watched her dance. I could imagine something like that having some rejuvenating properties.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:35 pm

My hips were moving with the beat and I was in the zone. I might have looked stupid, I don't know, I'll be the first to admit that I can't really dance, but I can keep a beat and I was on it and it's not like I don't have a great ass. I worked hard for this booty. It was my greatest asset, so yeah I was shaking it around and gettin' mah groove on and it was glorious and I wasn't even in One Shot with a long shift ahead of me - I was in some better place where I got to dance around and then go to bed whenever I felt like it.

All good things must come to an end, I guess. The end of this good thing wasn't so bad though, because it came in the form of a huge wolf - all muscle and a nice accent to boot. I shot him a grin and got his drink - I'd been working the bar for long enough to have pretty much figured out whose favorite drink was what. I'd served this guy a few times when the bar was too busy to actually have a conversation, so I served him his usual. If I was lucky the dancing and the drink would combine into a nice tip for moi and maybe I wouldn't murder that damn cat.

I set the drink down in front of him, Man, you too? I haven't been here that long and I've already resorted to that shit. I gestured toward the cup of sludge that the coffee maker in the back room produced. I wasn't really that into coffee, but on nights like these I could force myself to swallow a good amount of the stuff. I'd tried adding cream and sugar and all that but nothing really helped so I took it black and it tasted like ass.

Back to top Go down

Olivier Ngouabi | Wolf; Warrior/Fighter

Posted on Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:12 pm

My mouth pulled up at the corners properly this time, a grin forming on my face at the way she got me the same beer I'd ordered the last couple of times I'd been in here without having to say anything. Hell if that didn't make you think of having a chick that would happily cater to your every need without you having to open your mouth then there was something wrong with you. And imagining this blonde doing exactly that made be even more glad that I'd made this my first stop after work. Thanks. My eyes went to where she'd gestured and I arched my brow. That bad, huh? I'm all for the benefits of caffeine but I'll take a brew over it any day. I took a long drink from the bottle before placing in back down on the counter and freeing up my hand to reach around and try work out some of the tension from my shoulder. We'd be doing some crap on carrying people out and naturally my build meant that I ended up having to demonstrate.

My eyes drifted back to her and I found myself thinking about how much more enjoyable it'd be if she was the one helping me work out that soreness. She sure as hell looked as though she was strong enough to do it. I shook my head slightly and moved around to slide onto one of the barstools, an unexpected yawn taking hold as I did so. Shit, maybe I shouldn't be so quick to dismiss the coffee. If I pass the fuck out on the bar then feel free to be as rough as you need to in waking me up. I smirked at her, the double meaning of my words not exactly accidental. I rolled my shoulder again as another twinge distracted me. A human probably would've been out for a few days with it but I knew that it'd be fine with the next half hour or so. 

I'm Aedus, yanno, just in case I go down and break something on my way. You might even hear someone calling 'timber' but you'll know who to said the damages bill to. I joked, picking back up my bottle and throwing her a quick wink before tipping it back and draining the bottle. I might not have when I'd come in but I was definitely planning to stick around from a few more now.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:34 am

I could tell that he liked that I had remembered his usual and I knew the extra distance I was going would not be in vain. It wasn't that I was only nice to patrons to get their money, but it was nice to feel appreciated - especially if I was fighting through layers of exhaustion to give them the best service possible. The coffee maker in the back is shit, but they won't replace it. I shrugged, I could get you a cup if you'd like to try it I said with a sly smile.

I snorted at his comment as I started pouring a drink, I think I'd probably just draw a couple dicks on your face and let someone else take care of the rest. It's frowned upon to pass out in a bar and also to draw crude images on the faces of patrons, but at One Shot we were a little more relaxed about these things, especially when it came to wolf patrons.

What did you do that made you this tired anyway? I was asking out of genuine curiosity. I was tired because I hadn't gotten enough sleep and I wasn't even really afraid I was going to pass out, but this huge-ass wolf looked exhausted, so I was a little curious as to why.

I gave the drink I'd been pouring to the gal who'd ordered it and grabbed a rag, listening to Aedus's introduction as I wiped down the bar. That accent, damn, I could listen to him talk for days. Men with deep, accented voices were my weakness. Embarrassing as that is to admit. Well, if you're wondering who the bill would be from, my name's Olympia. I gave him a flirty smile and then gestured to his bottle, Another?

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics