setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Wine Coolers

[Private] Wine Coolers

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Private] Wine Coolers

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:57 pm

Thread Details

Oakwood Grocery | Sunny & Hot | Late Afternoon

OOC Message

I stood in the alcohol section of Oakwood Grocery, leaning against a shopping cart and glaring at the wine coolers. I probably looked like some kind of lightweight soccer mom with the cart and my apparent choice of beverage, but it was totally justified. I promise.

Oakwood Grocery was this smaller non-chain grocery store by my house that I usually bought our groceries from. They seriously needed to crank the A/C and they ran out of food pretty fast, but the prices were good and it was convenient so I usually ended up there - like I was now. With a grocery cart filled to the brim with an eclectic mix of my health food and Landon's favorite TV dinners. The Kale was next to the beer which was soon to be next to my wine coolers.

They were my guilty pleasure and a major secret. I wouldn't be caught dead drinking one in public and even buying them was a risky operation, considering how fruity they were. I was a wolf and a bartender, I had a rep to protect, y'know? But damn, I couldn't resist that fruity coldness on a hot summer day like this, and the store wasn't too busy. At least, I didn't see anyone that I knew and that was good enough for me.

I cast a quick glance in both directions before leaning forward and grabbing a pack of Seagram's Escapes (the strawberry kind) and quickly putting them in a cart.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Wine Coolers

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:12 pm

I wasn't here to buy groceries.

''Excuse me Sir? Can I help you?'' I poked my head around the display of discounted and nearly expired baked goods from which I was hiding behind and placed my finger against my lip. I'm fine, just... My ex is here. I spat out the first lie I could come up with, but it didn't matter. I immediately had that feeling, the kind you get when someone is looking right at you, and I knew the game was over.

I wasn't here to buy groceries. I was here because it was the nearest place I could enter to get away from the crazy red head that had been stalking me since the park. It started out with her coming up to me and telling me some cryptic ass bullshit about destiny and star crossed what have you's. I knew she was a medium, but I'd recently discovered that I really fucking hated them, even more than I hated prophecy. They fucked with the balance of things. I didn't want to know my future, and that's what she claimed she could provide me. Apparently I ''needed'' to know, her words, not mine. I didn't fucking want to know. That was the point she was missing.

She narrowed her eyes on me and immediately started marching in my direction. I didn't wait around for her to catch me either. I shoved the cart in her direction, and it slowly wheeled itself towards her like some anti climatic version of an action scene when someone is about to be knocked over by a giant rolling display of whatever in a market. My feet pushed me down the first isle I saw, and I caught a familiar scent. I didn't give a fuck, I needed an out.

I rushed towards Olympia and knelt down in front of her. My fingers linked into the loops of her shorts so I could move her around like some kind of shield. Play it cool! I whispered loudly, but I had already been caught. ''She's the one! SHE WILL BE YOUR UNDOING!'' The crazy medium bitch yelled at the top of her lungs. The man at the end of the isle was about to turn down ours, but the second she yelled that crazy ass shit his eyes widened and he quickly pushed his cart past.

She quickly moved down the isle, towards myself and Olympia and grabbed Olympia's hand so she could look at her palm. She leaned in so close I thought they were going to fucking makeout, ''You will bring destruction.'' she said, and I crawled out from between them on all fours to stand at the end of Olympia's cart just watching like this was some kind of public mental breakdown that demanded to be observed.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:45 pm

My wine cooler mission had been a success. The pack was in the cart and no one had magically appeared to witness my weakness for fruity drinks with a low alcohol content. I started to push the cart down the aisle with a conspiratorial smile.

That smile vanished when I saw Onyx. My first thought was "Please don't let him see my strawberry daiquiris" but that was quickly followed up by "The fuck is this?" He was telling me to play it cool when he was the one kneeling on the ground and using me like some kind of shield. And that was nothing when compared to the psycho he was hiding from.

When she saw me she started screaming the craziest shit about how I would be Onyx's undoing. What the actual fuck? Maybe I didn't like him, but I wasn't out to get him. He was so stupid he would probably be his own destruction anyway. And who the fuck was she? What gave her the right to scream crazy shit in the middle of the grocery store. I liked this store and I couldn't show my face here again because of this shit.

I yanked my arm out of her grasp, Fuck off, I said because I couldn't really think of anything else. I shot a partially-pissed-partially-panicked look at Onyx and finally I switched to using my gift. It was just a little bit of calming feeling in her direction because she seriously needed some Valium or something. It seemed to work, or at least she let me take a step away from her without shouting anything more. The worst part was that I'd been having the best day and now it was ruined. Using my gift was kind of a trade off so I wouldn't be able to feel as happy as I had been until the side-effects wore off. Fortunately, I hadn't used enough to really fuck myself up. It was like I had taken a little gas out of the happiness tank and the nearest gas station was an hour away... except that was a terrible analogy and doesn't really explain it.

I'm just gonna, uh, go I said, pushing my cart around where Onyx was standing, doing nothing like a bitch. The redhead was just standing there staring at me with this weird look on her face. She didn't move to stop me, just gave me a knowing look and repeated her warning like a broken record or someshit.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:57 pm

I could handle myself, and maybe I would have acted a little differently had I spotted someone else. Was it fucked up that I was relieved she was no longer on my back, and now she was Olympia's problem? I wanted nothing more than to high tail it outta there once I realized the leech had switched hosts. I really fucking wanted to. The last time I saw Olympia shit happened, I barely remembered it, it wasn't significant, it wasn't important. Other than the vampire part, none of it mattered, but I did know we didn't exactly part on the best of terms. I knew I was pissed when I left the last time, and I was pissed at her. So, that meant she deserved this right?

It wasn't guilt, I knew that wasn't what I was feeling. I didn't feel guilt for giving her what I felt she deserved, but at the same time, there was something that was preventing me from leaving. The thoughts kept flowing as my eyes mindlessly stared at the drinks in the cart, it hadn't even settled in what those drinks were. It wasn't important, but once I really read the label another weird feeling came over me. She was a person. It was something I hadn't ever really noticed before. The way she acted, the way she talked, the way she did everything made her seem false to me. Like she was a little robot clone of the rest of them. On top of that, I couldn't shake this feeling that this medium might not just be crazy. Fuck I'd seen enough shit recently to know first impressions and appearances aren't everything.

I don't know what the fuck to do... I muttered at no one in particular, but my eyes were on Olympia. Get rid of her, and I'll keep your little secret. My eyes looked at the drinks in her cart, then back to her. I wasn't trying to fucking blackmail her, or maybe I was but it wasn't some fucking evil attempt to piss her off, I really needed fucking help here.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:24 pm

I was still trying to edge my way away and leave the chick with Onyx but I stopped when he spoke. At first I wasn't sure what secret he was talking about, but his eyes slid to my cart and I figured it out. If I'd known Onyx was gonna use them to blackmail me I never would've put them in my cart. It was too late now.

I debated the amount of effort it would take to get rid of the prophecy-spouting redhead against how much shit I would get if Onyx spilled about my guilty pleasure. Maybe I would make the prophecy come true and get my revenge on him by... uh... I wasn't sure but his using this against me was kinda annoying and unfortunately effective. I gave him a dirty look and sighed Fuck it.

I abandoned my cart and turned back to the chick, grabbing her arm in the same way she had grabbed me and using the contact as a conduit for my gift. Touching her made it less taxing on me but it kind of skeeved me out with the way she was looking at me. I tried my best to change her mood and induce a kind of drowsy high. Obviously she wasn't really high, and I couldn't actually put her to sleep, but putting her in this state would make her feel out of it and make it easier for me to direct her to the door.

She got this sleepy content look on this face and I almost expected her to start sucking her thumb like a baby. Then I grabbed her shoulders and started pushing her towards the door. She didn't resist much although she looked confused. I got a lot of weird looks which only reinforced the idea that I would not be coming back to this particular store.

Outside of the store there was a park bench a little ways from the entrance. I wasn't really sure what to do with her so I walked her to it and sat her down. I'd never tried to do this kind of thing with my gift but I was surprised at how effective it was. The feeling of intense calm I had transferred into her was so strong that when she sat down she kind of drifted off into a light sleep right there. But this was more than just reducing my happiness. I was probably going to be feeling depressed for the rest of the day.

I stared at her for a moment and then backed away slowly and ran in to the store to get my cart. I don't know who the fuck that was but she's asleep out front. I rubbed my temple and started pushing my cart to the check out. At this point, I just wanted to get out of there.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics