setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Calling in the Calvary

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:00 am

Thread Details

index wolf den | clear | late afternoon

The clearing usually used for training was empty now, the last of the wolves long gone off to do whatever the hell the pleased. But even though the session itself was over I'd hung back. The whole business of trying to track down custom body armor with the specs I could recall was still going nowhere but I wasn't ready to give up on it yet. It was fucking stupid really, you'd think something like that would be easier to find not the other way around. My best guess was that kinda... suit or whatever you'd call it would be custom built and even when you got in contact with a place that did shit like that you'd still end up at a standstill because it's not like they'd just hand over stuff like customers records because you asked nicely.

But maybe there was someone who could? I mean shit, when I'd thought about it I could've kicked myself for not coming up with it sooner but maybe there was someone who could find a way to get access to that kinda of this? Or at least be able to provide some viable advice about how to go about it.

So that's why I was hanging back and waiting for Khan in the clearing, after asking her to meet me here. I wasn't sure how I was going to ask what I wanted yet, whether to be outright about it or to just be vague. I got the feeling that vague probably wouldn't cut it with her, she was shrewd as hell and from what I'd seen was pretty good at seeing through crap anyway. But while there was shit I probably couldn't go into, the stuff I did feel I could say... well I figured if I was going to say it to anyone it was safe saying it to her. She really did come across as a no bullshit, straight shooter and it was actually something I liked. I mean shit, yeah I could be way off about that but my gut instinct told me that she could be trusted at the very least to not go running her mouth about anything I asked.

If they body armor was a no go then there were a couple of other things I wanted to ask her about. I was way out of my depth and the was the kind of shit that seemed right up her alley. She was a detective after all, I mean it was so damn obvious that I should have sought her out sooner. It was just... taking anyone's advice seemed weird, seeking it out seemed even weirder. But maybe it felt just a little less weird knowing the person you were looking for it from probably wouldn't hold it over your head. And again I just had a feeling she wouldn't do shit like that.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Calling in the Calvary

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:37 am

OOC Message

I'd made it to the training session initially but then had been called out on a work matter and had to leave. It felt unusual returning after everyone was gone, still kitted in my workout gear and wondering why Peyton had wanted to meet. I was slightly skeptical that it may have been my lack of presence in the training sessions recently - but I couldn't just drop everything to attend them, not all the time. I had a job to do too.

It wasn't difficult spotting Peyton's tall, lean figure in the clearing. I tried to clear my mind as I walked up to her, flashing a smile. There was no point in letting any preconceived notions influencing whatever would happen.

Quote Begin Hey, how are you?Quote End I arrived by her side, Quote Begin Did training go okay?Quote End I asked, unable to stop myself slipping into detective mode already and watching her for how she'd react. Maybe something had happened in training, or within the pack, that they needed a detective for rather than simply me as a wolf. It would figure. With how some of the wolves were I felt I was waiting for when they'd cause some trouble, rather than if.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:23 pm

My gaze stayed rooted firmly on the ground as I waited and thought over what I wanted to ask and the best way to phrase it. Fuck, keeping things all cloak and dagger or whatever the hell you called it was harder than you’d think. Harder than I’d have ever figured it’d be anyway. I understood the need to keep certain shit quiet, I really did. It was just frustrating that it made my task a whole lot harder than it might’ve been if I didn’t have to. A frown etched it’s way between my brows the more I thought about it and it was hard not to feel irritated by the whole situation. But maybe anyone would feel goddamn irritated if they felt like they’d been going around in circles for weeks.

The sound of footsteps drifted across the clearing and I looked up, working to clear my face as I spotted Khan making her way over. I wasn’t pissed at her and didn’t need to start this off giving off that impression. Somehow that kinda thing just didn’t strike me as being very productive towards achieving what I was aiming for here. I’m fine... uh, you? It was still kinda disconcerting how polite she could be, especially when it was just so at odds with how many of the other wolves acted. But it wasn’t a bad contrast, not by a long shot. Training was the same as ever. Any particular reason you had to go? 

My mind kept going back to what I’d wanted to quiz her about and it wasn’t like I’d asked her here to make small talk, which she’d probably already figured out herself. It’d be better to just cut to the point but at the same time I still wasn’t sure how to. I glanced around the clearing and then at the treeline. Are you okay if we walk? I asked, gesturing towards the trees  with a nod of my head. I knew it was just us here but a little more distance between us and the rest of the pack couldn’t hurt.

Back to top Go down

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:09 pm

Peyton wasn't the most over-friendly of people, I could say that without feeling bad at all. She had other qualities that far outshone her lack in that area, which only made the small steps I felt she'd made even more of an achievement in my eyes. Maybe Peyton didn't even know she'd been making these achievements, but I wasn't going to ruin it by telling her and making her self-conscious about it, or cause her to feel bad. It wasn't even myself prompting any changes because I couldn't stand that, manipulating people. I wasn't entirely certain what was causing Peyton to slowly be more courteous back to me, and maybe even friendly. All I could think was that she might not have experienced it before. But, just as I didn't want to force anything on her, I didn't want to pry or make assumptions either. Not willingly, anyway. Working things out and seeing patterns or explanations didn't just turn off when I left the police department. It was a part of who I was.

So I only smiled wider when she asked how I was. Quote Begin I'm great thanks you Peyton - a little tired, but great. It was just work earlier, I had to go in and help out. A few people called in sick and apparently today was a popular day from crime.Quote End  I joked a little, trying to annoy the irritating niggle in my mind - what was I there for?

Quote Begin Yeah, sure.Quote End I nodded, feeling a little more uneasy as we started walking away from the clearing. It inferred that Peyton wanted a very private conversation and while it could end up being good that she didn't want anyone to overheard, I knew it might be bad as well. What if she knew about Sam? There had been another wolf go missing just over a week ago and while I didn't have the damning evidence as before, I couldn't help but dread that it had been him. I glanced sideways at Peyton but stayed quiet on that subject, at least for the time being. It wasn't a secret that I could just spill. It would have consequences and while I had a certain amount of faith in Peyton, I didn't feel I had enough to tell her everything, or endanger Sam.

I cleared my throat lightly and gazed around the woodland surrounding us, but I couldn't simply wait. I felt I had to prompt something. Quote Begin Quote Begin So..Quote End I clasped my hands together in front of me and plastered a smile over my face, Quote Begin I'm guessing there's a reason you called me out here?Quote End

I didn't know a lot about Peyton, but I knew her well enough to know she wouldn't just invite me - or anyone else for that matter - out for a wandering stroll through the forest. I could just imagine what she'd say to the idea.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:02 am

My opinion of Khan surprised even me, especially when you considered the fact that most of the time I went out of my way not to even have a fucking opinion on anyone. It wasn't that I knew her well or anything like that but... shit what I did know about her was enough to confirm that I didn't think she was just someone who went around pretending to be a fucking saint with hidden motives underneath. It was crazy but all of her 'niceness' or whatever really came across as genuine. I wasn't exactly sure how much I trusted her but... fuck, I'd asked her here hadn't I? That probably said a lot more than I wanted to think about at that moment.

I cleared my throat and threw a quick smile back at her. That's, uh, good I guess. I mean not the tired part obviously- I broke off and barely resisted the urge to roll my eyes at myself. And whatever, I get that with a job like yours you'll miss shit around here occasionally. Just fucking... I dunno, common sense really. I said with a shrug, but underneath that there was a flicker of curiosity. What was being a detective in Index like now that she knew what she did? All the kinda supernatural shit. Did it effect how she looked at cases? I took a breath and pushed thoughts like that away, knowing that being curious about anything was just gonna be a distraction right then.

My brow rose when she agreed so readily but again that was probably just because of contrasts and all that. No questions or back talk or anything like that. It was... different. Fuck if I was being honest it was a breath of fucking fresh air. Not having to answer any questions gave me some time to mull shit over as we walked. I bit at my lower lip, thinking again on the best way to bring it up but in a way she ended up giving me a way out by piping up and asking me herself. I looked over, the corner of my lip pulling up a little. Cutting to the chase, I could do that. Yeah, I did. Actually there was some shit I wanted to ask you about and I wondered if you might be able to... fuck it, help me out on some shit. I paused, again trying to work out what to tell her. Maybe just starting small was the way to do it? How much experience do you have with tracking shit down? Like purchases when you've only got a description to go on, that sorta thing?

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics