setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Dawn of the Dead - Page 2

[Private] Dawn of the Dead

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Dawn of the Dead

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:18 am

Because I don't want any. I frowned the second the words came out of my mouth. I didn't want any when I came in. It sounded good, but I intended to just relax and watch the movie. Now with her here I wanted nothing but popcorn, anything to put in my mouth so I could avoid speaking to her but words just kept coming out. I couldn't shut the fuck up. Even as I was just sitting there, my mind had enlisted little pests to dig through my brain to find something to say. Anything to say, because despite the loud volume of movie theater speakers, it was still too fucking quiet. I was a desperate man, searching for anyway to fill the silence that her presence brought with it.

On top of everything else, my body was a fucking mess. I had to work overtime to keep my eyes on the screen, even though I wasn't really seeing the happenings on it. My hand kept forgetting that the precious popcorn had been taken away from me and kept delving into the side of her seat, causing my knuckles to brush up against her hips every god damned time. Even my leg, it was doing that annoying and persistent bounce thing it does when I'm nervous. It was really fucking annoying. But my mind was so wrapped up in her being here of all people, that I couldn't manage to let it gain control over my body. It was so fucking stupid!

Maybe we should just do it together. - Not... it, it. I just mean, find um... The person, the people, whatever. Fuck... My save had failed, and on top of that, I had just offered to do the one thing I had been trying to avoid, and my mouth was already open and talking before I could tell it to shut the fuck up. There's no point in making it harder than it needs to be. Fuck, you can go around, pull up the memory of dudes face, do that little mind trick bullshit you do, show people what he looks like, and ask them if they've seen him. Once we get our answers, I can erase their memory. Wam bam thank you ma'am. Easy as pie. Everything I said sounded fucking suggestive, but regardless of that, what I said did have some sense to it. Maybe it wasn't the traditional way to go about finding someone, but it sounded fucking effective. Even if I did fucking hate myself for unintentionally forcing myself into her company... Whatever, doesn't matter how it's done. Some progress would be good for morale though.

I pulled my feet down from the back of the chair in front of me and grinned like a kid in a candy store when she put the popcorn in my lap. My hands immediately delved into the bag, and I held a few pieces in my hand as I proceeded to toss them into the air and catch them with my mouth. This was good, this was the best fucking distraction I could hope for in a situation like this. I stopped long enough to look at her and roll my eyes. Don't be stupid. We both know why you're here. For the same reason I am. Not for the movie, I mean yeah, it's a good fucking movie and all, but admit it, it's the best place to hideout. - ''Can you shut the fuck up, please?'' It was that dude, the one with the chick and the tits and the juiced up hairy ass arm. Fuck this idiot.

I stood up, and the popcorn immediately spilled all over the floor. Mind your own business or I'll rearrange your face then fuck that ugly fat girlfriend of yours. I knew the popcorn had spilled the second I started speaking it, but seeing it had me trying my hardest to avoid seeing her reaction to it. I bent over to pick it up and sat back down. Look, it's still good, the stuff in the bag didn't touch the floor it's uh... I finally managed to look at her. I'll just go get another one then?

Back to top Go down

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:31 am

Seriously? 'Cause it kinda looks like you do. My eyes narrowed and I gave him a skeptical look, actually wondering for a second if he was just fucking around. Or was he just one of those people who only wanted something when he saw someone else have it? Do you steal food off other people's plates too? I stopped, just shaking my head and shrugging because it wasn't something to get worked up over anyway. It was hard enough trying to just watch what I said when I had to speak without letting something as small as that become a topic. More topics meant more talking and less chance to at least feign having more interest in the movie than talking with him over stupid inconsequential things. I knew which I should have more interest in, or at least should want to have more interest in but it wasn't like I could just make decisions on shit like that.

And like that wasn't enough I was still just so aware of him just being there in the next seat and as many times as I tried to turn my attention away from that it just seemed drawn there, like the most annoyingly persistent gnat. Worse still was the fact that was the way he kept reaching for where I'd had the popcorn and without the bag to block the path his hand was ending up brushing against me. All I could do was clench my jaw and keep my eyes on the screen, continuously trying to let the movie pull me in like there was even any hope of that still happening. I moved in my seat, uncrossing and recrossing my legs so that I could shift enough to stop it happening again. Doing it in a way that wouldn't make it seem like I was just fucking fidgeting or something because the idea of him knowing that I noticed or that it affected me had me right back to wanting to punch myself.

My gaze snapped back to him when he spoke and I nearly winced when he had to go and correct himself like he did. It wasn't like I'd have jumped to any stupid fucking conclusions about what he'd meant. I just tried to ignore it and concentrate on what he said next instead. Which actually ended up surprising me because... well, what he suggested made a lot of sense. I mean when you tried to look from an objective perspective it did. When you added in the other factors, like that's we'd actually be going around doing this... well that kinda messed with my ability to be just 'objective'. But it was probably too good an idea to turn down just because of stupid crap like not being comfortable with certain aspects of it. Shit, that's actually a good idea. I wouldn't have thought of that, using my own memories like a police sketch because that's not exactly inconspicuous but your gift totally negates that problem. Damn. Okay so maybe I needed to downplay the surprise. It wasn't that I thought he was an idiot or anything but I just hadn't expected the suggestion. I mean there's still a lot of shit to consider, like whether enough people saw him that we'd actually come across someone who does but I think if anything could work then that might. It'd be faster than going in circles trying to chase down something I don't even know where to start looking for. Not that that meant I'd just stop with the body armor but if that was going nowhere then having more options was only a good thing. Do you have time for something like that? hat about the stuff you're look into? Any progress?

So I wasn't expecting much from giving him the popcorn, other than maybe him just annihilating the whole bag and the fact that he wouldn't be trying to reach over and grab a bag that wasn't even there any more. Which alone was probably enough reason to do it anyway. I wasn't expecting the way he grinned and started fucking about with the pieces of popcorn. I watched for a second as he flung them up and caught them, my shoulders lifting briefly with a noiseless laugh. The way he rolled his eyes and the statement that followed didn't bother me, not when he wasn't exactly wrong about what he said. Except for the calling me stupid shit. I was going to answer when another voice chiming in cut me off and looked at whoever owned it, not really giving a shit that he had a problem. The theater wasn't so packed that he couldn't move somewhere else, and I knew I was speaking low enough not to bother anyone. He'd probably back off after a stare down and keep quiet.

Vin's reaction on the other hand, that was a different story. I looked at him as he shot up and said what he did. It wasn't exactly his words that surprised me, it wasn't like I'd never seen him fly off the handle over nothing before. But the way he acted afterwards, offering to go get more popcorn and shit. I looked at him from a second before shrugging, trying not to think about it too much because shit was already weird enough without adding to it. What? No, it's not like I'm gonna freak about about germs or shit like that. You don't need to go get more, it's just popcorn. But then I thought about it more and yeah, I'd guessed that giving him the bag would mean having less of it, but I'd figured it would end up in his stomach not on the damn floor. I looked down at the popcorn I'd taken before giving him the bag and then back up at him before I tossed the handful at his face, showering him in popcorn pieces. You're an idiot though. I informed him and this time it was my turn to roll my eyes before I turned my attention to the movie, which had moved to the part where the main cast was heading out in a chopper.

You weren't wrong before. I said after a bit, not even sure why I was speaking up. I mean about coming here and all that. I guess I just wanted a goddamn break from everything out there so the fact I ended up in here probably proves your point. Seems like as good a place as any to go, like you are paying for a place to chill and watch a movie when your own place doesn't cut it. It wasn't like I'd consciously thought of this as a hideout or anything but it was quiet and dark and that pretty much fit the definition as far as I was concerned. Warm too but like right now that wasn't always a good thing. I leaned forward and pulled my arms out of the sleeves of my hoodie, moving it to the side before leaning back and reached over to take another handful of popcorn from the bag, or what was left of it anyway.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:13 am

Depends, what's on this metaphorical plate? I asked sarcastically before suddenly feeling less interested in the popcorn in my lap. Plate just made me think of steak, and fuck I could go for a juicy one right now. Shit I could have at least smuggled in some beef jerky or some general tso's from down the street. The only good thing at the theater was the popcorn and cabbage patch kids, and even then, only the red ones were good out of those ten dollar boxes anyway.

Her movement didn't go unnoticed. I wanted to tell her how fucking hard it was to not look at her when she was moving around in her seat, constantly catching my peripherals. But then that would require me to admit out loud that I was actively trying to avoid looking at her. Fuck if I could explain that one without insulting her. Or... Making shit more awkward.

The smug smirk on my face made it perfectly clear to her, and I that her ego stroke was effective, even if it wasn't intentional. But that quickly disappeared when I started thinking more about how she reacted, and soon, the smirk was gone completely and replaced with a frown. Don't act so surprised. It's not like the second coming of fucking Christ when I have a good idea. I have them a lot actually. Her reaction made it seem like it was some fucking miracle or something. Yeah well, this town isn't exactly a metropolis so, shouldn't be too hard. You just better hope we find someone in town that knows his face, not sure this plan would work out too well if we have to start heading into neighboring towns and cities. I dreaded the idea actually, it hadn't even crossed my mind until now that this person might not even live in Index.

I don't even have time to take a shit, let alone time for that. But look at me now, does it look like I give a rats ass? There was never enough time. Clearly it didn't matter, I had shit I needed to be doing, but here I was at the fucking theater hiding from the shit I needed to be doing. And yeah I did make progress. Kind of... I guess... As I started recalling the memory of that mage in my bedroom I couldn't help but feel like it was something I wasn't supposed to tell anyone, not even Peyton. It was like there was this ominous warning sign in my head, telling me to dodge around the topic. We can just scratch Pandora off the list. We can talk about it more later.

The moron in isle nine and said something else, but I didn't catch it. I was too busy thinking about fucking popcorn, which irritated the shit out of me because it just proved she herself was a distraction. I couldn't even properly argue with the local theater redneck with her around. How the fuck was I supposed to distract myself from a distraction? Fine, but I heard a lot of creeps wank off in theaters, and that's not just limited to men so, whatever. If you like a little jizz on your popcorn, fine. It was true, I had heard that. And clearly I was on a mission to empty my wallet by trying to turn her against floorcorn. Fuck that was stupid...

I hadn't seen the childish bullshit coming, but I should have. You're mature. I mumbled before trying to catch one of the popcorn kernels stuck to the shoulder of my jacket with my tongue. I failed, and it rolled off my shoulder and onto the floor to join the rest of it's kin.

I managed to laugh when she spoke up again, and just looked at her as she talked. I heard what she was saying, but it was how she started this admission that stuck out the most. She couldn't even just say ''you were right'', she had to say ''I wasn't wrong''. It wasn't important, it was insignificant and probably meant nothing but I still couldn't help but fucking laugh at it. What's wrong with your place right now any-... I shouldn't have turned my head to look at her as I spoke. First she was leaning forward, in the way one does when they don't want to completely get out of their chair to remove a sweater. Completely fucking normal right? Wrong... There was a special way a woman's ass stuck out when they did it, the way their posture straightened up and pushed their tits out... That accompanied with the welcome sight of skin that made me want to yell at the fucking employees of this joint to just turn the goddamned lights on so I could see. ...way... I immediately cleared my throat and pushed up off the ground so I could pull the fabric of my jeans down from the knees. Fuck didn't they believe in air conditioning in this shitty fucking place?

Back to top Go down

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:17 pm

My gaze drifted back towards him unintentionally at his question, like any time he he was going to fucking speak that would happen whether I wanted it to or not. For a second I just looked at him before shaking my head. Of all responses I might have expected from him that wasn't one of them. Doesn't matter, you'd probably eat it just because someone else had it. I replied sardonically, then could've kicked myself because hadn't I just decided I wasn't about to start trading remarks of a fucking pointless topic? This was stupid and if he'd never went for my popcorn and then said shot about not wanting any it'd have never come up anyway. So obviously this was all his fault. Yeah... obviously.

It wasn't like any of this linked back to me and not being able to keep my thoughts in order enough to avoid just saying the first thing that popped into my head just to fill the silence that would've hung there if I didn't. It wasn't as though him just being there messed with my ability to think straight in the first place, especially after everything that had happened and the shit that was still going on. Nope, wasn't any of those things. 

My thoughts were still on the idea he'd come up with when he started speaking again, but when I did tune in on what he was saying my brow arched and I glanced at him. Shit, don't get your panties in a twist. I wasn't surprised at you having a good idea, just at the idea itself. I told him, which was true. The reason I hadn't expected the suggestion was that I figured he'd enough on his plate already without taking on shit like this too. I shrugged, and then turned my attention back to the rest of what he'd said. Yeah, you've got a point there. I don't even want to think about trying to expand that kinda search. If there's anyone around who remembers him then at least it will be something. Which is better than the whole load of nothin' I've got so far. If not... well just means more damn dead ends. And I was fucking sick of those.

His words actually had me choking out a laugh and I bit down on the inside of my cheek to quieten down. Fuck, that doesn't sound healthy. I joked, stopping a grin from spreading across my face. I didn't really believe that he didn't care about his responsibilities and shit, but having your own meant knowing firsthand that sometimes you needed to just step the fuck back from them. That what I was doing right now so it wasn't like I was in any fucking position to judge. Plus it seemed like he'd gotten more done than I had. Sorta. Kind of? Like you've made actual progress or just know enough to know it's not worth looking into further? I frowned, curious now but it wasn't like I was going to bug him about it. Fine, later or whatever.

I felt my mouth drop when he went off explaining what apparently happened in theaters, even though I really would've fucking preferred not to show any reaction to it at. You're full of shit. There's no way that's true, why would anyone do something like that here? I said, unwilling to believe the possibility that what he said might be true. But then looking back at the popcorn in my hand with the image he'd place in my head I knew I wouldn't be able to put another piece in my mouth. My nose scrunched up as I turned so I could drop the popcorn back in the bag and then looked at him. You're the one who said the stuff that hadn't touched the floor would be fine so why'd you have to go and say that shit anyway? I said accusingly, not that it mattered now anyway since the idea of eating any of it was disgusting now. I scowled and sat back in my seat, not even reacting to his remark about my 'maturity' seeing as his lack of the very same thing was what led to my popcorn becoming acquainted with the floor and ending up as the most off-putting thing I could think of eating. So now I was hungry and there was fuck all I could do about it.

This time when I looked back at the screen I was more determined to try and watch the movie but I frowned when I realized it'd gotten farther than I'd expected. There was no way I wouldn't have noticed that much of the movie pass just because I was talking to him, was there? I frowned and moved the layers I'd just taken off so that they hung over the arm of the seat and leaned against it, setting my elbow on them and resting my chin in the palm of my hand. I sighed slightly at his question, not because I was annoyed but just at the idea of explaining the feeling I got whenever I was at home. I don't know honestly. I guess sometimes I just got sick of being in the same place and needed to do something I don't usually do. Fuck, I just felt like going somewhere different might help with... it doesn't matter. I still couldn't even put my finger on what the hell it was so trying to explain it was probably pointless. I dunno, don't you ever just get stir crazy or whatever the hell it's called?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:55 pm

Maybe, not if it was a pile of shit or something fucked up like horse dick though. Guess you don't know me as well as you thought you did. What the fuck did I just say? Why the fuck would I ever fucking say that in my entire fucking life? What was the purpose? Why were the God's putting me in fucked up situations like this with her where I just said one stupid fucking thing right after the fucking other. My mouth tensed as I tried to fight back a growl, I was just so goddamned irritated with myself for even opening up my fucking mouth. Maybe it was the only way I could fucking talk to her without telling her things I couldn't tell her. Maybe making asinine jokes was the only way that I could even fucking talk to her. And I wanted to talk to her, somewhere inside I knew that was fucking true because I was still here and the thought of leaving made me feel like shit so I was just stuck. Stuck saying stupid shit and looking like a fucking moron simply because I didn't want to leave her fucking side it was such fucking bullshit!

Right... I muttered, still feeling angry at what I had said before and wishing I had some liquor or something to take my mind off of it. Fuck only moments before I was hoping for some kind of distraction to take my mind off of pulling her up to the projector room and ripping her clothes off. There was no fucking peace. I couldn't get any peace. We're on a time limit. I can't say what that time limit is, but I do know we probably shouldn't even be here. Every waking minute that isn't spent doing something important, should be spent on finding a solution, on finding him, and the journal. I spoke the truth, ignoring the hypocrisy of it all.

Nothing I do is healthy. I muttered, instantly realizing what an idiot I was for even mentioning taking a shit. No one wants to fuck someone they have mentally pictured shitting before. Not that it mattered, since we'd probably never fuck again. Fuck that was depressing. Because they can't get laid, I dunno... I cringed at how fucking well that linked up with my previous thought. I could get laid if I fucking wanted to. And that was the end of that. Don't ask me, some people get thrills from the most fucked up shit. Maybe movie theater wankers get a thrill from doing it in public. I mean fuck, watch some porn for once in your life, you'll see, people do all kindsa kinky shit in public. It has it's own damn sub-genre. It was true, I'd seen one, one time where some chick... Fuck why was I still eating this popcorn after what I'd just said? Because, I don't like to share my popcorn with people. I joked as I dug my hand into the bag again.

I shifted in my seat before pulling the beanie off of my head to replace it on my dome. The damn thing was sliding off because I couldn't hold fucking still for two seconds. Yeah, stir crazy... I muttered, holding back the truth. That's really infuriating by the way... I shoved some more popcorn in my mouth before looking at her. That thing you do... I added on before moving the popcorn back to her lap, finally feeling guilty for hijacking it. Where you start to say something that maybe I could relate to, or you start a damn subject and lure me in just enough to want to know what the fuck you're talking about, but cut it off. Just say what you mean for shits sake.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics