setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Dawn of the Dead

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:25 pm

Thread Details

index dollar theater | mild | late evening

OOC Message

Shit had officially reached a point where I'd had enough. I was sick of dead ends and coming up against walls when it came to the crap I was was trying to find information about, personal or pack related. I'd ended up heading into Seattle earlier to try figure out how someone went about getting their hands on more than the standard body armor you could find online or in gun stores. Just my fucking luck that best info I got was an oh so damn helpful suggestion that I should try a place in Issaquah, which turned out to be a waste of a journey anyway. As soon as I described the kinda equipment I was talking about it was just a load of shit about how I could find superhero costume prop shit on eBay. It didn't matter that I wasn't actually looking for anything like that for myself, it still pissed me off.

So it just meant I'd wasted time driving around in annoyingly hot weather talking to dickheads. Okay so maybe what I was describing was pretty far from the usual shit people looked for but it wasn't like I had access to this kinda information. I wasn't part of the fucking CIA or whatever. 

When I got back to my house it took me no time at all to decide I needed to go right back out and just take a break from all of this. There was a movie showing at the dollar theater, the title had caught my eye when I'd passed it on my way out of town and I'd actually wanted to see it, but with all the things happening it hadn't felt right to just up and go and forget everything else. Fuck it, I didn't care anymore. Or at least wanted to not care for a couple of hours. Checking the time revealed that if I left right now I'd still make the evening showing and that pretty much decided it for me. That and the fact I wasn't about to pass up the chance to watch a Romero film on something other than my tv screen. I grabbed a few bills from my wallet and left that and my my phone behind, just shoved the money into my back pocket and then grabbed a hoodie from a hook beside the door since the weather had gotten cooler as the day wore on. I shrugged it on and pulled the hood up as I left.

The smell of popcorn hit me when I got there, making my stomach cramp in a way that had me remembering I hadn't eaten since that morning. Shit, I'd meant to grab something at some point during the day but I'd ended up so fucking frustrated that it had slipped my mind. As soon as I had my ticket I made my way over and got the biggest portion of popcorn they sold and headed for the doors to the screen. I picked a seat near enough to the back and sat down, crossing my legs and wedging the popcorn between my hip and the arm of the seat. There was a flicker of impatience in me as I waited for the movie to start, which made me realize that maybe I was actually looking forward to this. Okay so I was definitely looking forward to this, but it was Dawn of the Dead, classic zombie shit and as good a reason as any to look forward to something.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Dawn of the Dead

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:05 pm

''Where ya' headin'?'' - ''Central, have some family in Sleepy Hollow. That damn wildfire took their home this week.'' - ''Oh yeah, I 'eard about that. Been followin' that story on the Facebook. You've used that before 'aven'tcha? The Facebook?'' The conversation between the two elderly men had been going on for at least fifteen minutes. It started when one of them needed a jump, and from there on it was nothing but infinite discussions of the five dollar deal at the local diner, the price of gas, and their grandchildren's achievements. Sitting in the unused parking lot of the bowling alley wasn't something I did for fucking fun, but it used to be a place of quiet, now I was wrapped up in this boring ass conversation and my one smoke, had turned into three. I had to admit, some of the shit these old fucks talked about was funny, but it was that thought alone that had me cringing and scowling in disgrace. When did I become this fucking lame? When did I become so fucking boring I found entertainment sitting outside of the bowling alley, by myself, smoking cigarettes and eavesdropping on conversations of the fucking elderly?

When I got back into my truck, I started it up and just drove. I knew what I needed to be doing, but it was just one of those days when I was too tired to even start on my obligations, and too damn stressed the fuck out over those obligations to sleep. If I went to One Shot, no doubt I'd get hammered, not that, that wasn't a viable option, but I was avoiding Ozra and his lectures. I would have headed to the den, but there was some kind of fucking ceremony going on, something for the women, fuck if I knew, maybe they were celebrating the fact they had tits and menstrual cycles. I couldn't go home. Dodging Donna had become my default. I had no fucking clue where Logan was, and maybe I seemed like I didn't give a shit, but not everything was as it seems. So where could I go? I didn't even have any fucking friends to call, not that it mattered. I wanted to avoid everyone, and everything anyway, and having no friends to call right now only made that easier.

I was heading towards Cedar Grove, I wasn't sure what the fuck I would do when I got there, I just knew it was where I wanted to be. maybe I'd head to the river, skip some rocks, kick the sand. I didn't fucking know. But when I passed the flickering sign to the dollar cinema I noticed something that caught my eye. So... Maybe there were people inside of the cinema, but the chances of running into my own kind there were pretty fucking slim, when most of them were either at the den braiding each others hair, or at One Shot betting on infinite games of pool. It was a dark place, not many cars in the parking lot, and quite frankly, as much as I loved the movie, I was hoping I could catch a nap. A dollar for a two our nap, and a movie provided to take your mind off of shit long enough to fall asleep? Hell that sounded fucking perfect right now.

I paid the fee, scratching my head as I entered the building, wondering why the fuck it was a dollar theater but that goddamned bandit of a cashier charged me an additional fifty cents. I would have made a fucking big deal out of it, especially since I heard him charge the blonde barbie behind me only fifty cents, but I wasn't in the mood for a fucking fight right now. Plus it was clear, he wanted to charge her less, so he had to charge me more. Fucking dumb kid. I passed the concessions, even if the smell of popcorn was making me salivate. And when I entered into room B, where the film was playing, I took a moment to pull my underwear out of my fucking ass crack. Just my luck, in the fucking process the screen lit up as the movie was starting, and some girl that looked about fourteen was completely fucking still and staring at me. She held the popcorn in her hand and just fucking stared. Fucking stupid popcorn eating child bitch.

I huffed before moving up the stairs, going for my usual spot in the very back and center. It gave the best view of the screen, and was the perfect way to avoid any teenagers who still thought it was cool to sit in the very front. Not that there were many people in here anyway... My eyes caught a pair of breasts squeezed into some polka dot printed fabric, they were so fucking big they made the circles stretch into wide ovals. I even paused for a minute to take a good look, before my eyes scanned too far and noticed the hairy juiced up arm around her shoulders. An arm that belonged to a sour faced hick staring daggers into my very fucking soul. That was my cue to keep moving...

I looked down the isles as I passed them, the screen flashed dim and bright light over the empty seats... Until I noticed it illuminating something else, someone else. I stopped, suddenly finding the smell of popcorn anything but delicious because my stomach was twisting and turning and heart pounding so fucking hard I thought just seeing her would give me whiplash. My breath caught in my throat before finally exhaling out into another huff of irritation. I ran my hand over the top of my head and let it flop to my side with another huff before my stupid fucking feet acquired a mind of their own and started moving down the isle. What the fuck were they even doing? This wasn't my usual spot, my fucking feet knew that, so why were they taking me down to the one spot I really didn't want to fucking be? I'd been avoiding her for a fucking reason and I could have continued to do that, god fucking damn it...

I plopped into the seat next to her and propped my feet onto the seat in front of me. My hand instinctively reached into her popcorn and I shoved some in my mouth before finally cocking my head to the side to look at her. My cheeks were puffed up from all of the popcorn, and I managed to flash her a one second grin before finally deciding to tear my eyes away from her and chew my food. You stalking me or something?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:32 am

There was something about watching a movie of a big screen, something that was just... fuck, extra about it? Sure you could watch a movie, any movie you wanted really, in your own house but it wasn't as good. Maybe it was the big ass screen you got to watch it on or the way they had the sound set up? It definitely wasn't some kinda misplace sense of nostalgia like some idiots would probably spout off about. Seeing as I was born a whole decade after the movie came out and had never seen in theaters thinking shit like that wouldn't just be bull anyway. Fuck it, whatever the hell it was I was just gonna enjoy watching the damn movie with all the benefits that came from watching it in this place. This was supposed to be me taking a night off from all the the shit giving me a headache, which should mean just turning my brain off and not overthinking shit for the next couple of hours. Which sounded a whole lot easier than it was.

But, surprisingly, when the screen brightened and the first tones of the intro music started I actually did manage to focus on that and that alone. One side of my mouth tugged upwards for a second as the first names appeared, taking in the slight shake to the camera that was something I actually liked about older movies. Those little flickering imperfections on the film and shit like that, gave it it's own quality. That wasn't to say I didn't like newer movies or anything, but it was like each type had something different going for it. But then again... they were called classics for a reason. I just figure there were 'newer' movies that fit into that category too. Or would one day. Whatever.

I reached out, picking up a piece of popcorn and mentally giving myself a pat on the back for the fact that I hadn't already polished off half of it. The smell of it wafting up from where I'd wedged in beside myself was tempting enough that it'd actually been a real possibility. My eyes stayed on the screen and again I almost grinned as the camera zoomed out showing the blonde chick, totally overacting her 'dream'. I wasn't criticizing it either, sometimes the way shit could be overplayed in older movies was another good thing about them, it was entertaining and yeah, kinda amusing too.

But my focus from the movie slipped then as I heard movement coming closer than I'd have expected. I turned my head figuring it was just someone getting a seat in the row behind me. Yeah, I should be so fucking lucky. I had to actually physically concentrate on not letting my body freeze up for just sheer shock as he was not only there but was moving closer and, shit, just dropping down into the seat beside mine. What was this? Some kind of cosmic joke at my expense? What part of 'night off' did the universe not get? My mind just went straight to those dreams and how I reacted to them and what they made me think of and then I was inevitably thinking about that shit and wanting to hit myself for not just staying the hell at home. And then I wanted to hit myself even more for thinking that when really I should just be concentrating on controlling all those dumbass thoughts in the first place.

And then of course he had to reach out and grab some of my popcorn and actually grin with his cheeks full and then I wanted to hit him. Hit him or just- ugh, no, no goddamn 'or's'. His smartass comment actually helped me get my head straight because it was normal and I could be fucking normal. I would be. I was in charge of my own damn head and that was that. Yeah, right, seeing as I was sitting here first... technically you'd be the stalker. And- I reached down and picked up the on the popcorn, holding it off to my other side and looking at him, brow arched. I think what you've gotta do now is decide which you want more- your hand or my popcorn. I ended up smirking just a little when I finished speaking. See? Normal as... as whatever the hell was appropriately normal for this situation.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:50 am

Whatever. I frowned, not at her, but at myself for not being born with that natural quick wit most of the Byrne family had. Even thinking it made it harder for me to swallow because my throat was tense, that urge to say something forcing it to tighten up even though I had nothing clever to say in response. The fucked up part about this was, my fucking stomach twisted, my mind went tense and nervous, and my fucking heart sunk into my twisted up stomach when I saw her. All of these were signs that I didn't want to see her, but the truth was, there was a small fraction of myself that was actually excited to see that she was here, a part of me that really did want to see her. I had no fucking idea what to do with that. All I knew was it was most likely bad news that I had already decided to stay. Something was going to go wrong, I could just feel it.

My eyes stared at the screen, but my mind was so absorbed in other shit I wasn't even really seeing what was displayed on it. It was just something for my eyes to focus on while my mind disobeyed me and did the one thing I didn't want it to do tonight, think. I mindlessly reached over to dip my hand into her popcorn again, but my hand sunk into the side of her seat, my knuckles hitting the fabric of the cushion beneath her. I turned my head to see what the fucking problem was, when I realized she was holding the damned popcorn hostage. She even paired it up with a threat, she was a fucking criminal right now. Don't be a fucking pig, you don't need all that. I whined, and a loud 'SHHH' was voiced in my direction. I sarcastically put my hands up and widened my eyes before rolling them at whoever was trying to tell me to shut the fuck up.

What're you doing here anyway? Shouldn't you be off... Ionno, doing what I told you to do? Finding my journal or whatever the fuck it was I told you to uh... My gaze was directed at her face, but it slowly moved down of it's own free fucking will. They were like a separate entity, something that I had no control or authority over, desperately seeking flesh to gaze upon. And when they found it, I completely lost what I was thinking about because all I could focus on was the image of those legs wrapped around m- The journal or um... I tightly closed my eyes as I tried to find where I was going with what I was saying without distraction. Those people... Fuck I can't even remember... I gave up before mindlessly reaching for that popcorn again, and hitting the fabric of her seat... again...

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:50 am

How goddamn typical was this? If there was such a thing as some 'higher power' shit then this situation would obviously be a giant fuck you aimed in my direction. I'd come here for a break and get seen by the one person who might have an issue with that. Come to watch a movie that I actually wanted to see and that same person is probably just the biggest distraction you could've put in my path. How the hell was I supposed to even watch it with him sitting beside me? I could see him out of the corner of my eye and it was fucking ridiculous how aware I was of his presence. It just wouldn't fade into the background and as far as I knew there was nothing I could do about that. It made me think of things I didn't want to, recall thing I was better off not. Again I found myself having to but effort into trying to push all of that to the side and even then it was still there, the most I could do was quiet it a little so I could focus on not acting like an idiot.

At least this part of the movie wasn't exactly one I cared about missing. Everyone shouting and arguing when they should've been concentrating on getting shit organized. What the hell was there even to argue about. Zombie outbreak? Fine, get your shit together and get to a less populated area. That was fucking logical, there wasn't even anything to debate. 

The sound of his voice cut through my thoughts and I felt my smirk widen, like I didn't have a say in the matter. I'll be as much of a pig as I want, it's my popcorn. Why didn't you just get your own? I shot back, keeping my voice low enough so that I knew the 'hush' was aimed at him and him alone. I had to press my lips together and look away at the way he reacted to it. It was fucking stupid but it was like for a second I actually could forget that there was so much messed up crap going on and the fact that it happened with he acted like that was... it was a problem because it was just more confusion on top of what I was already dealing with.

His question had me letting out an unintentional sigh. Well, I shoulda known something like that was coming. I raised a hand to brush it through my hair, my hood being pushed off in the process. I was actually kinda of regretting the hoodie anyway, it was hotter in the theater than it was outside. No, you're supposed to be looking into your own journal. I spent the whole day doing shit concerning what you asked me to look into, not that it did any good. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack and you don't even know where the the damn haystack is in the first place. Had he really forgotten what he'd assigned me to do. I frowned and looked at him... only to see that he wasn't looking at my face but south of it and the muscles in my legs tensed as though in reaction. Fuck, that was just not fair. Not when it put me right back to thinking about those damn dreams, or at least parts of them. I hurried to respond so that I could think about something else. Anything else. Yeah, those guys. Except it's not like I can put out an APB or whatever for them. I'm looking into the body armor shit but it's not as easy as you'd think to track something like that. But just because it wasn't easy didn't mean I was going to stop. At least it was something I could try and do shit about.

Movement caught my eye and I looked to see him trying to reach for the popcorn again. I rolled my eyes, getting distracted again by stupid small crap like that was ridiculous but I couldn't stop the amusement I felt at seeing it. But it was just fucking popcorn not something precious I was going to horde to myself like an idiot. God, fine. I moved it back and set it down in his lap. I was kidding anyway, but you can hold the damn thing if you want some. I reached out and grabbed a handful, then picked a couple from that to eat. Maybe it'll keep you quiet enough that I won't miss the whole movie. I joked, wondering if I was going to regret that or if I'd even get more than the handful I'd taken.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics