setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[OPEN] What's Better Than Running At Night? - Page 2

[OPEN] What's Better Than Running At Night?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [OPEN] What's Better Than Running At Night?

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:47 pm

OOC Message
I've had some similar issues and I feel your pain :(

I blinked, surprised by his response. Then I shook my head slightly and laughed. I'd forgotten how wolves could be, especially if they were pack-born. And this wolf oozed it. Even before I was a wolf, I'd always been kinda fit (it was kind of hard not to be) but when I'd run into bears and shit in Wyoming or Colorado I had to use my brains to get out. This guy's response was that he (the big man) would, I dunno, shift and wrestle the bear while I (the little woman, I suppose) ran away. I didn't judge wolves for liking to fight - the adrenaline rush, the mental and physical challenges - it was legit stuff when you had a legit opponent. But a black bear? They were pure instinct. Sure, you could shift and fight it, but it was simpler just to use its instincts to your advantage and walk away with no hassle and no carnage. To answer your question, I'm running because I like to run, I gave a nod to his shirt with a laugh, and to be honest, I don't think we'll be seeing any lions, tigers, or bears.

I almost rolled my eyes at his comment, almost. This kid took himself way too seriously if he thought I was calling him dumb, but I guess I'd figured that part out. Shit, bears are serious about their cubs. If the ones I'd run into had had any I'm not sure I'd be alive right now. I was mildly impressed. Mama bears didn't mess around when there were cubs involved. Still, I couldn't stop thinking about this guy as a kid - he just came off as inexperienced or something. I guess it was the way he'd asked me the bullshit question about bears and mountain lions like there was any concern that one would appear out of the shadows and attack me as I ran through a populated area. A bear or a mountain lion could probably kill a human, sure, but why would it? Black bears didn't really come into town except maybe the outskirts to dig through trash for food, and I didn't exactly look like dinner. Mountain lions were known to occasionally pop up, but they also generally left people alone.

I gave him another smile - smaller this time because of the bullshit I'd been wading through but I also found him kind of amusing. I'm Olympia. And you?

Back to top Go down

Well ya know, you never know... Unless you can see the future. I knew her gift couldn't have been that. She would have been higher in rank and I would have seen her before. But the pact was so big now... I still had siblings that I had never met on my mother's side. I nodded, exhaling. Running to run. I used to be like that until my dad died. And now, I stuck to lifting. She laughed a lot, I noted. A happy female wolf was rare especially at night. Most of my female friends would have hit me by now for checking them out and being an asshat. She was probably being cordial because she didn't know me and I didn't know her. But my mother should have taught me better manners. 

I chuckled, They are. I think she got bored with the fight or sniffed Andre and realized he wasn't hers. And made him leave. It all is a hazy dream now. It was crazy. I pulled out my phone to check the time. A story for another time. I said, seeing a text from Andre. It wasn't to pick him up, but to tell me what time I should come. I'm just happy that my brother didn't get killed after she found out what he wasn't. I don't think my mom's would've allowed me back home. It was supposed sound like a joke, but it sounded more depressing than I intended. 

Olympia. Pack name. Got it. I replied, grimacing. I liked my pack name, but I hated telling it to changed wolves for the first time. I'd been ragged on by all my pack born friends since the day I chose it, but at least they didn't roast me unless I earned it. Changed wolves would get this look on their faces where they wouldn't understand what I just said, knowing the pop culture reference and then knowing me as Star Wars boy and make force jokes. Obi. That's my pack name. I pretended to tilt a fedora. But my real name is Hugo. Such a stretch right? Who names an Indian kid Hugo right? 

My mother loved the name Hugo. She wanted to run off with some European trash dude named Hugo but settled for a few months with my dad. I guess naming me after what could have been was her fix and a reason to always dislike me.

Back to top Go down

Re: [OPEN] What's Better Than Running At Night?

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:17 pm

Ha! Yeah, 'cause if I could see the future I would definitely use it to see if I was going to be attacked by a bear I laughed, then fell silent as I began to seriously consider the implications of being able to see the future. If you could see the future, would you be able to change it? It seems like it would suck to know all the horrible things that are going to happen and not be able to do anything about them. But if you could change things then it might be kind of useful, I guess. It seems like there'd be a pretty heavy price to pay for that kind of gift though. I did not need any more of that shit.

I could tell from his voice that the kid cared about his little brother. I could understand that, at least sort of. Landon was not in any danger of being mistaken for a bear cub, nor did I consider myself my brother's keeper, but I could still empathize with this guy somewhat. Plus he gained some respect from me for it. A lot of wolves lacked discipline and responsibility. This guy may have come off as childish, but at least he knew what it meant to take care of someone.

I hesitated slightly when he mentioned that I had given him my pack name. I'm never sure whether to tell wolves my pack name or my human one. I was always told that you always call wolves by their pack names so that's the one I give out, but half the wolves I meet give me their human names anyway. Of course, different packs had different cultures. I'd been turned on the outskirts, and the pack of that region was different from Index - more disciplined but less tight-knit. Everyone called each other by their pack names and there wasn't as much partying in the local bars.

I'll admit the first thing I thought of when I heard his name was Star Wars. I'd never actually seen it, but you'd have to live in a hole not to have heard of Obi Wan Kenobi. That was not as funny as his dislike of his human name. What would you rather it be? Slow Wolf? One Who Asks Stupid Questions? I'll admit they were both slight jabs, but it was all in good humor and I thought I deserved a little revenge for having responded to his question with the grace that I did. 'Cause, I'm obviously so graceful. Obviously.

Mine is Arden, if you, uh, cared. I said with a shrug.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics