setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Closed] Desperate Times, Desperate Measures 1/2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Erika Richards | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:50 am

Thread Details

Abandoned Industrial Unit | Dark | 00:30

Quote Begin I can't drink a book.Quote End The vampire split it's teeth into a grin at me, licking at its fangs and causing droplets of blood to drop from its tongue and down it's chin. It gleamed bright under the swinging lamp overhead in the abandoned warehouse.

I grimaced at the showy grossness and rolled my eyes, swinging my arm forward to point Neo at the vampire. Quote Begin Wrong answer.Quote End I said, and fired off the first shot. Shells fell around my feet and as I kept pumping, a grin slowly stretched across my face. The first silver bullet only seemed to produce an audible hiss from the vampire and served as a surprise, but watching his evolving reaction as the next half a dozen hit him was tantalizing, the progression from slight pain to overwhelming agony beautifully displayed in front of me. At the fourth bullet, he'd staggered forward onto his knees. By the time I'd walked over to the vampire it was practically convulsing on the floor. Every piece of silver within him must be searing with pain as his body attempted to heal itself around it, only furthering the damage. It wouldn't kill a vampire, but it was extremely debilitating.. and amusing to watch. The liquid silver within the specially customized bullets was an added bonus, a personal favorite for killing vampires and an extra precaution to make it even more difficult for them to heal. He likely didn't even know what hit him. The confusion in his eyes was perhaps the most amusing part of all.

I chewed my gum loudly, standing over the vampire to watch as his body went though spasms on he ground, no doubt attempting to rid itself of the silver. I craned my neck, eyebrows rising in interest when he started spitting up blood. I'd thought he'd been choking due to the pain earlier but maybe it wasn't just that. I hadn't concentrated on where the bullets hit, besides in the vampire. I wondered what would happen if you made them drink liquid silver, how good a method of gaining information that could be.. depending on whether they had a throat left afterwards. I wasn't well versed in the detail of vampire anatomy. I just knew that silver burned, weakened, and stakes or beheading killed. It was all I needed to know.

In a few swift movements I plucked a wooden stake from a pouch on my belt, leaned down and placed it over the vampire's chest, tapping at it in a teasing fashion. Quote Begin You should've just handed over the money. Now I've got to replace some damn ammo, and you...Quote End I looked down at the vampire and quickly ducked out of reach when he flailed at me. Even when shot full of silver bullets, there was only bad to come from underestimating a vampire. I grunted in annoyance at his little display and rolled my eyes.

I held the stake in place and stood back, raising my foot and stamping it down through the vampire's chest. In an instant the body beneath me imploded, rather than exploded, my boot hitting solid ground underneath the stake and amid the bloody mess. I always preferred when they seemed to explode in a contained way - blood was such a shit to get off of everything. With a disappointed click of my tongue I started gathering up the fired silver bullets from within the mess, and then the shell casings. No point in wasting decent silver. I shoved them in another pouch on my belt, zipped Neo back into the holdall and walked away. I left the mess - no-one would miss it - and I'd wasted enough of my time already. And bullets. Those babies didn't come cheap.

OOC Message

#Closed #Solo

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics