setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Alcohol Addiction - Page 2

[Private] Alcohol Addiction

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Alcohol Addiction

Joel West |

Posted on Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:18 am

I glared sideways at the fairy again, folding my arms and only reacting to her retort with an unimpressed eye roll. Stupid mage. She wasn't even worth my time if she was still so naive and downright rude. Her whole appearance, as curious as it was, only seemed to be an obvious, eyesore of a banner for her rudeness. Why on earth would anyone walk around with brightly coloured hair, except at Comicon or such other conventions where people dressed up in costume? As far as I was aware there hadn't been one at Index at all recently or any current plans for one in the near future, so she couldn't use that excuse.

'I think it stopped.' I snorted derisively, swallowing back a 'No shit' and just shaking my head in wonderment instead. Talk about stating the obvious. Quote Begin Yeah, it real seems that way.Quote End I said, ignoring her useless efforts with the door and instead joining her at the panel of buttons, scanning for an alarm or emergency one and finding it just as she pressed down on it.

Quote Begin Do you kiss you mom with that mouth?Quote End I commented, arching an eyebrow at her curses throughout the elevator 'journey' so far, and rolled my eyes again. Even though the button appeared to have done nothing when she pressed it, I moved in and did so myself too, pressing it forcefully and for longer. Quote Begin It could be a silent alert, or if it happens to be connected to security or some other employee, maybe they've gone for a bathroom trip.Quote End I mused to myself, rubbing my thumb along my jawline. I took a step back, scanning the top of the elevator. There was what looked to be a disguised hatch, but more importantly, in one corner was a small video camera. Quote Begin If that works then they should notice soon enough.Quote End I glanced back to the mage, Quote Begin Are you able to do anything useful to help get us out of here?Quote End I asked, skeptically, not straight out asking her to use magic as there was the possibility of there being a mirco-phone in the elevator if there was a video camera and I didn't want any unworthy humans listening in about our gifts or figuring things out.

Back to top Go down

Ryan Krypel |

Posted on Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:53 am

A moment passed before I responded, the comment making an obvious scowl appear over my face. I knew I had a mother, I just hadn’t gotten the chance to meet her. Well, really meet her. Casey told me what he could. but it wasn’t the same. “I would,” I started. “If she wasn’t six feet under the ground.” My lips twisted as he tried to push the button I had just used. If it didn’t work for me, what the hell made him think it was going to work for him instead? Unless the button was magically sexist, I couldn’t think of a logical reason. “Thanks for asking though.” My words came out a lot less sarcastic than I had intended.

An irritated sigh blew from my lips, strands of my hair fluttering in the air. “Great, wonderful.” I threw my hands upwards in the air before they fell back down to my sides, my hands resting on my hips. I took a step back as I tried to think of anyway to not be stuck in such a situation. The first thought that came to mind was to use my phone, but I recalled that I had left it with Casey. Oh, the joys of wearing dresses with no pockets. I would have had a purse to carry it in, but Casey was supposed to be the one to pay for everything and so I left it my car. It felt like all these actions lined up perfectly so this moment could be possible, which made me wonder about fate and realize fate was an asshole.

My head turned, my eyes scanning the area he was looking until I saw the camera. I sure as hell hoped the people who were working actually did their job and someone would see us in here sooner rather than later. Slowly, I pivoted my head to look at him, my eyes narrowing in his direction. Was he really asking what I think he was? So, he was going to be a prick to me and expect me to help him? What kind of shit was that? I wasn’t going to do it, even I could have done something, I wouldn’t. Casey was far more powerful and though I had been learning and could actually do things now, I was not near as good as he was. Much of my focus when it came to magic was on healing, which I was apparently good at. “I’m basically still a novice. My brother would have been better to be caught in this situation with.” The thought was almost enough to make me laugh. The thought of Casey and him in an enclosed space; if he didn’t like be he was definitely not going to like my brother.

I looked upwards, my eyes roaming over the top of the elevator. I gestured upwards, “If you give me a boost, I could see how far we are from an opening.” I glanced back to him, my eyes squinting slightly as my brain still wracked itself over remembering his name. “We could try to get out that way.” Unless he was cautious when it came to elevators, which a lot of people seemed to be.

Back to top Go down

Joel West |

Posted on Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:53 am

It only took three words for me to realise that my rudeness towards the mage might have been unfounded, and perhaps entirely inappropriate. Six feet under. I cleared my throat and pulled at my collar, at a complete loss of what to say for once. I hadn't calculated the outcome into the scenario at all and felt wholly unprepared for it.

Besides my shame the surprise was a good one, in scientific terms. Suddenly the reasons for the mage's appearance and demeanor made sense. I could hardly fault someone for acting in any way after the death of a loved one, even if it wasn't a particularly efficient way to carry on.

I racked my brains for a sympathetic but useful answer. Quote Begin I'm sorry. I imagine it wasn't by the hands of a vampire.Quote End I said. I had not meant it meanly but optimistically, even if I spoke with more conviction than necessary. I deduced that the blonde would not have been reading the book when we first met if it had been the case and that it was a good, positive thing that she did not have to carry about such pain as I did. It occurred to me after that rather than helpful, it may have come across provoking. Quote Begin But it's real horrible to lose someone you care about in any way.Quote End I added on.

With the blonde's mood explained in my mind, I did not mind her glares and snippy little glances so much. It was still irksome... but I just bit the inside of my mouth and reminded myself that allowances had to be made.

Quote Begin You have a brother?Quote End I repeated, surprised, and then shook my head, Quote Begin It's not a situation you wanna be stuck with anyone in, even if others may have been more useful.Quote End

My gaze followed her's upwards and I raised an eyebrow, sarcastic skepticism filtering back into my expression. Quote Begin It seems real dangerous...Quote End I said, folding my arms. But after a pause and a survey of the situation it was obvious we had no other choice and the air supply in the elevator would be limited. I didn't know how limited and while I didn't imagine it would be a short time, the unknown unsettled me. Quote Begin But I guess we've got no choice.Quote End

Quote Begin If you think it would help. I could attempt to summon something to help us if not, but...Quote End I glanced up to the camera. Quote Begin I am not sure how others might view me writing on the floor in blood...Quote End A random summoning spell with no absolute target or belonging of the dead was too long and required too much space to be written on my hands.

I knelt down and tried to interlock my fingers as I had seen in moves and cartoons so many times. I looked to Ryan's feet. Quote Begin Don't peer out too far. I'm not sure about actually heading up there either - for all we know the elevator could start moving again.Quote End

Back to top Go down

Ryan Krypel |

Posted on Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:16 pm

I knew I could have been smug about the situation. That for once, there was no witty, snappy comeback. However, I wasn’t. Not when it came to the subject about my mother. I may not have remembered much about her or recall anything of her at all, but there was still something there. Something I was unsure of how to explain or what to call it. How could I feel so awfully close to a woman I hardly knew? I only learned about her through Casey and a box filled with letters addressed to me. As he spoke I looked to him, wondering if there was something behind his words. It was instinctual for me not to trust or believe he actually apologized. That’s why people were supposed to think before there spoke, maybe he lost the memo.

No,” I said before I let his question sink in my mind. Well, I didn’t think it was by vampires. I only had one logical explanation for that and it was Casey’s doing. He taught me what was out there and he assured me anyone was going to kill someone like me or him, it would be a wolf, not a vampire. “When I was informed about it, I was told it was a sickness, but…” I trailed, my lips pursing out slightly. “She was into healing, that type of deal. So, you would think she could have just healed herself, right? Or something like that? It doesn’t really add up.” The words and my theory spilled from my lips before I could even try and attempt to stop them. I always got this way when I spoke about her, nothing made sense. Casey and I had spoken about it as well, but he has been under the impression that I was too creative, looking for a mystery when there wasn’t one. “I suppose so. I didn’t really know her, not like, the typical way.” Trying to explain it wouldn’t have been too difficult, but I wasn’t going to if he wasn’t going to ask.

Twin brother,” I corrected. The two of us were always together since he’d found me. Which had only gotten worse after our little incident. Casey was always trying to make up for it, even if it annoyed the hell out of me. He was trying and I could appreciate that. I nodded, thinking over his words while still trying to search my brain for a name. I opened my mouth to respond to his words, however instead I blurted out “Joel!” The way I said it was loud and sounded a bit excited. I hadn’t meant to do that, it was just something I did when I was trying to remember and it came to me. I didn’t even think to explain why I exclaimed his name in such a way and went on like I hadn’t done anything at all.

I looked to him, raising an eyebrow, “You’re not afraid of a little danger are you?” I teased him, waiting for some kind of response. I on the other hand, was not scared of danger. How could I be when I’d been getting into danger since I was a kid. I was older and though I tried to steer clear of danger, danger always found it’s way back to me like a bad cold. “That’s the spirit.” I said as I bent down and began to remove my heels. After a moment I glance up at Joel, “I think I made an accidental pun.” I considered explaining it, but I figured he’d get it.

I pulled my heels from my feet. Shoe-less, two different brightly colored socks were the only things keeping my feet safe. Which wasn’t a totally big problem in an elevator. “They would assume we were satanists and probably leave us here to die,” I replied. “Or try to exorcise up in here or something.

Both my eyebrows pulled up as he moved and I felt like I was in a movie. The thought was funny, but I kept in in my head. “Yea, yea, I got it.” I walked took a couple steps forwards and prepared to use him as some kind of human stool. I felt a bit strange, as I was quite close, but other than that it was nothing. I stepped on his hands and placed both of my hands on his shoulders. “Just try not to drop me,” I commented, “Or look up my dress.” To be honest, I was much more worried about the former than the latter. I pushed myself upwards, using Joel’s shoulder and my foot still left of the ground.

Back to top Go down

Joel West |

Posted on Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:56 am

I listened to Ryan, my interest piqued by the hint of a mystery or foul play. Who knew how many of us had received untimely deaths that were passed off as accident or sickness, when they were really so much more? At the same time, I didn't want to start imagining secrets and depths when there were none.  Quote Begin She may have healed herself to some extent, yes, but maybe it was a real strong illness? Or if you didn't know her too well, maybe she wasn't such a great healer as you thought.Quote End I wondered how someone could even go about not knowing a parent in a 'typical way'. Quote Begin You didn't grow up with her?Quote End I asked, watching the mage sideways rather than full on, calculating everything. As much as I wanted to diminish her suspicions as fanciful tales though, I knew too well what it felt like for something to simply not add up. Quote Begin But if you have a feeling about it, if things don't feel too right, sometimes you have to trust that instinct. Have y'ever tried contactin' her? Or your brother? I know some of y'all reincarnate, but there's always a chance she might not've.Quote End The more I thought deeply the less I was concentrating on controlling my accent. I'd never tried to summon a spirit of a mage before. What would happen if they had been reincarnated? Would it simply not work, or would there be a sign of some sort?

I had to stop musing on the idea for the more important task at hand - escaping the elevator. I frowned when Ryan randomly called my name, slowly turning to her and feeling even more perplexed when she carried on as if nothing had happened before. Maybe it was all mind games, her trying to get one over on me. After the last time we'd met I wasn't sure I could trust her not to pull something again. She wasn't the most savoury of people I'd met.

Quote Begin I don'know if I'd call fallin' down an elevator shaft a little danger.Quote End I said, sarcasm cutting through the stuffy atmosphere in the elevator. The air hadn't felt so thick when I'd first stepped into it. Quote Begin I just wanna be careful. No point jumpin' out the frying pan and into the fire.Quote End Leaving the reasonable safety of the elevator wasn't something I wanted to do unless it was absolutely necessary. Surely someone would check the video feed and see us soon? I glanced back to the camera and tried to put it out of my mind. It was out of my control. It would be much more efficient to think over what I could do. My gaze drifted back to Ryan and I couldn't help a smile at her play on words. Perhaps she wasn't a total lost cause after all. Quote Begin I think you did.Quote End I agreed with a smirk.

A demeaning laugh left my mouth. Quote Begin I real doubt they could perform an exorcism if they tried.Quote End I practically drawled, rolling my eyes. Quote Begin I'd like to see humans try though. I'm sure it'd be very entertaining.Quote End

I broke off to concentrate when Ryan basically began to climb me, focusing o not offsetting her balance. Quote Begin I'll try my best. Though the latter would be more realistic if your dress were more of a dress - or if I weren't concentrating on the former.Quote End I sniped, looking upwards anyway and rolling my eyes at the immodesty of it all. What did women expect if they went around wearing such difficult clothing? I was more interested in making sure Ryan didn't fall and to do that I had to look and watch her, which was difficult to do so without glimpsing her underwear from my position. If she'd been wearing pants or a more elegant, flowing skirt or dress, we wouldn't be having the problem, but that was only one drawback of her rebellious attitude. There wasn't much either of us could do about it in the elevator, though I racked my brains to think if I had the contact details of any therapists or counselors to give after the ordeal was over in order to help her with her issues. Quote Begin Can y'get the hatch open?Quote End I asked, straining to see past Ryan's body from my angle.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics