setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Alcohol Addiction

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ryan Krypel |

Posted on Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:09 pm

Thread Details

Carmello's Fine Dining | Overcast | 8:30 p.m

I’d only been in this place for twenty minutes and I was already getting a headache. I wanted to do nothing today, besides maybe lay outside and listen to music. But no, Casey insisted I went with him to to whatever fancy restaurant he chose. He was so stupid sometimes. I worked at a restaurant for a living, didn’t even consider that fact that I wanted away from that scene every once and awhile? I was lucky I even got my job back after that little stunt Casey pulled. Dragging me off to another state and trying to kill me. How awful was that and yet here I was, out with my brother as if that had never happened. Truth was, I think we were both trying to push that incident out or heads, trying to forget it even happened. I couldn’t hate him though, he lost a father and I really didn’t lose anything. I hadn’t known the man, wasn’t raised by him. Instead, Casey gained a god awful sister with an anger problem.

I swished my glass back and forth, the ice clinking against the glass. After a moment or two Casey placed his hand on top of the glass to stop my fidgeting. “That’s annoying, Ry.” He said as his eyes looked around the room. If there was anything connection Casey and I as twins, it was our eyes. Sure, we looked a lot alike, as if were  the opposite genders or each other, but out of all of that… We had the same eyes, like the exact same. It was fucking weird. Hey maybe we were both stood up, I commented. Casey gazed at me with a straight face before he burst into laughter. “Listen, I know you may not be well versed with the whole, date thing,” he waved his hand in the air dramatically, “But no one and I mean no one, can resist a pair of twins. You get me? We didn’t get stood up. They’re probably just late.

I rolled my eyes and took another drink of whatever fruity alcoholic beverage Casey had ordered for me. I wouldn’t have been more satisfied with something stronger, but apparently getting shit face in a fancy restaurant was a no no. Casey swatted my arm lightly, “Look there they are.” I didn’t take my lips off the glass as I pivoted around in my seat, watching two girls walk in our direction. I knew it, I fucking knew it. Letting Casey invite me to a blind date was a terrible idea. I knew he was going to pick a girl for me, what a loser. I looked to him and narrowed my eyes. “What,” he shrugged, “I couldn’t resist.

When the girls approached the table, it was hard to believe either one of them swung my way. It was obvious when both of their attentions were focused on my brother and his charms. I, on the other hand, was okay trying to get drunk off the weak drinks Casey kept ordering me. Man, I was trying. I would have gone through the entire night like that, but one of the “dates” decided to finally let me into a conversation I wanted no part of. “Do you make a lot of money as a chef?” The one with the red hair asked me and I looked to Casey with an are-you-fucking-serious look. My brother seemed content answering for me. “She is the best cook I’ve ever known. It’s no wonder all these people want her working for them.” I set my glass on the table. Can we not talk about this, thanks. Casey nodded.

After a few more minutes of the three musketeers talking, the redhead leaned close to me and I was beginning to think I might have been wrong about either one of them being into girls. That was until she asked me what it was like to be with another woman and I decided that it was my cue to leave. Okay. I said as I pulled myself from my chair. You said there was a bar on one of these floors, yeah? I’ll be there when you need me. Without saying any goodbyes I began walking to the elevators. I clicked the little round button and waiting. My impatience almost made me want to use the stairs, but I had no idea what floor the bar was on and I didn’t want to walk all of those stairs in my high heels. My fingers pulled at the end of my black dress and I almost jumped for joy when the elevator opened. It was about time. I stepped inside and realized that I might have an alcohol addiction.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Alcohol Addiction

Joel West |

Posted on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:25 pm

OOC Message

I smirked to myself as I walked along, hands in pockets, for once glad that there was a child in the house. Perhaps that might have given the wrong impression because I didn't dislike Tom, or the presence of my cousin's child in the house - it was simply usually more of an inconvenience than not. I enjoyed any time I spent with Tom up to a point but I wasn't beyond believing that children could be a hassle. However, using one as an excuse to leave a work dinner early was incredibly convenient.

I quickly made my way from the restaurant and out towards the elevators, wanting the quickest possible route to the road to get a taxi and home as soon as possible. The elevator doors were about to close as I approached and I burst forward slightly, getting my hand in between them and halting the closure. I'd wasted enough of my precious time in the establishment, I didn't want to spend further minutes uselessly waiting for the elevator. I stepped inside quickly and the doors closed behind me.

Even before I looked up I could sense something different about the person already inside. However without focusing I hadn't picked up on the familiarity and when I recognised the face and concentrated a little more, an annoyed sigh left my mouth. Then I smirked, remembering the last time I'd met the mage and what she'd been doing. I was surprised she hadn't been slaughtered by another creature considering how naive she'd seemed. She might have been an asset to me if she hadn't been so rude, but I wasn't willing to lower myself even if I might gain from it. There were other mages out there who I might gain assistance from - I simply hadn't met them yet. Odds were that I would meet another at one point.

I side-eyed her, raising one eyebrow and casting a disapproving eye over her hair colour. The paleness and elf-like nature of her former appearance had been, in my opinion, her only redeeming quality, and spoke volumes that she'd changed it so drastically. Quote Begin Still reading those ridiculous vampire propaganda stories?Quote End I said, knowing I was being rude, but not being able to withstand the chance to prove I was right.

Back to top Go down

Ryan Krypel |

Posted on Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:51 am

I crossed my arms over my chest, my fingers drumming against my forearms. Truthfully, I just wanted to go home, but if I did that Casey was going to have a serious fit about it and I really did not want to have to deal with him bitching to me about me. I took in a deep breath and closed my eyes. I didn’t and to make myself upset. I was already on the verge of being pissed off and only a strong drink was going to quell that little angry monster on my shoulder. I heard when someone stopped the elevator doors and my eyes shot open. I half expected it to be Casey coming to drag my ass back to that disaster called a blind date. However, it wasn’t Casey and it didn’t click at first that I actually knew the person who entered. That happens when  you meet someone only once and leave for a couple months afterwards, at least, I told myself it did. Even if it was something I thought of to make as an excuse.

It was the smirk that did it to me. That fucking cocky smirk that made me want to him in the throat. Again. I tried my best not to roll my eyes and instead closed them, taking in another deep, deep breath. My fingers tightened on my arms, which I’m sure was turning my skin white, though I couldn't see it with the sleeves on my dress. When the elevator began to move, I hoped the small journey would be quick. I needed a drink, a strong drink, and I needed it now.

When I opened my eyes again, I could see him glancing at me from the side. I turned my head slowly and looked at him, my eyes narrowing. If he was going to look at me like that, I was going to look right back. What was he looking at me like that for anyway? Sure, I had punched him, but I had healed him afterwards, hadn’t I? At his words, I ran my tongue over my lips before I spoke. Quote Begin Look, I don’t have time for your bullshit right now, Quote End  I snapped.  Quote Begin So, if you would please, just, shut the fuck up, that’d be great. Quote End  I turned my focus back on the doors, tapping my heel against the floor. Well, looks like me not getting pissed off was out of the question.  Quote Begin And no, I’m not. Quote End  I said a moment later. I actually hadn’t read much of anything for a handful of weeks. Almost dying for what, the second time, kinda doesn’t give the push to read and pretend like things didn’t even happen.

Back to top Go down

Joel West |

Posted on Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:33 pm

I glared straight back at the mage, unfaltering, and then rolled my eyes so I was looking straight ahead. Quote Begin I see you haven't changed.Quote End I commented, not turning or looking in her direction and for all intents and purposes, ignoring the woman beside me. I couldn't help but smirk when she answered my question though. So, she recognised that I'd been right. Maybe she had changed a little.. but obviously not enough to make her tolerable.

My smirk stayed in place, oozing smugness, but I didn't say anything back. I didn't see why I should waste my breath. At least this time if she attempted to attack me I had some forewarning, and I had started working out a little since I'd seen her, wanting to try and counter my naturally weak disposition. Having intelligence was no use if someone simply punched you in the throat and I had come to see that physically strength was of use too.

I was prepared to simply ride out the awkwardness of the elevator and then never think of the rude mage again. The elevator was slowly rising, an audible, manmade sound as we rose up the building. And then, with a small judder, it stopped. The light flickered for a second and then came back on again, but the elevator didn't start up. I looked at the doors, waiting for them to open so we could disembark, or for others to join us, but they stayed closed. I looked to Ryan with suspicion, wondering what was happening and if she was somehow behind it - another attack, maybe. I wouldn't put it past her.

Back to top Go down

Ryan Krypel |

Posted on Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:33 pm

The comment was a slap to the face. For someone to say a thing to someone they hardly even knew, to someone they met once. What even was that? It only caused more anger to flow off of me in waves. Honestly, it was surprising the elevator didn’t catch on fire. The comment rung in my head and made me want to give him a piece of my mind. Sure, I still had some issues with anger, but I liked to believe I had changed. At least, a little bit. No one went through I did and didn’t change somehow. Yet, here this guy was, trying to erase everything by telling me I hadn’t changed based on one encounter. It wasn’t my fault he kept catching me at my worst. And well, if he couldn’t handle me then, he certainly didn’t deserve me at my best. "I see you’re still a stuck up prick," I retorted, "But I wasn’t going to say anything about that." I would have kept my mouth shut, if he kept his shut and locked.

My fingers tapped against bicep in rhythm with my heel tapping against the floor. I wanted to count the second it would take to get to my destination, but that would have only made it seem long. Why was it so long anyway? I moved forward slightly and ended up having to grip the rail to steady myself as the elevator made an awful noise and shook up then down. After one last screech and tremor the elevator came to a complete stop. The lights flickering didn’t help the situation and my fears of exactly what happened. My hands clutched the metal railing and my eyes swiped from the elevator doors to...to… It was in that moment that I realized I forgot his name and I really didn’t want to ask. I was sure I think of it somehow.

When he made eye contact with me I was expecting something, anything, except the look he actually gave me. It was like he was silently accusing me, as if I did something. Yes, that was entire plan, to trap him and I in an elevator cause I just loved being in his friendly company. I righted myself, going to the doors and trying to pry them open with my fingers. "think it stopped," I informed him. After realizing there was no way I could open the door myself I took a step to the side. My eyes scanned the area of buttons for a specific one. When I pressed it, nothing happened and I continued a few more times before I let out a frustrated breath. "Of course, it would be fuckin’ broken."

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics