setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Sunny Disposition - Page 2

[Private] Sunny Disposition

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Sunny Disposition

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:54 pm

Quote Begin Well I'm totally going to enjoy this. I don't even remember the last time I did swim in the sea, not just a pool. I mean.. if I even can do now, without it hurting like fuck.Quote End I looked out at the water, wondering how much it might hurt my ribs to swim properly. I knew I'd be able to go in the water at least, but it didn't feel the same.

I took the bottle of block and squirted some into my hands, watching the liquid as I rubbed them together and then started to apply it to Avery's back, trying not to repeatedly sneak glances to see if there was any side-boob visible. Quote Begin I dunno, why would I need to? I mean, even when I have gone red before if it's really hot or shit, it just goes tanned after so I guess it's stupid to bother with it. And I don't want it to stop me getting a tan either or some shit. I mean, my mom used to put it on me when I was a kid too, but it just leaves your skin feeling all.. weird...Quote End I grimaced at the thought of the feeling.

It was making my hands take on that strange, greasy feeling as I rubbed the cream into Avery's back, trying to cover every inch, and not just because she had a hot body. I was more worried at how pissed she might get if I missed a bit and she had random red patches on her back. The heat of the sun on my own back was already making me feel blissed out and I half-closed my eyes, wanting to lie back and drift between napping and checking out the other people on the beach. Quote Begin What, no, I don't give a shit about it being solitary or anything, you just go so fucking early. Especially if I've been staying up late helping Helios, but it's too early even without that. I guess I wanna go running in the evening or something? But when it's still light. Just not at.. fucking four in the morning or whatever time you try and get me up.Quote End I said, thinking about it as I continued covering Avery's back, my rubbing in of the cream turning into an almost-massage as my mind got side-tracked. Quote Begin So what other stuff do you wanna do while we're here? I don't care if we spend every day on the beach, I mean, fuck, it's so nice out here I wouldn't give a shit.Quote End

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:39 pm

My eyes remained fixed on the ocean as Lenny spoke, his words just making me want to dive right in all the more. If you keep talking about it I'll end up running right for it and I was really looking forward to just basking in the sun for a little while first. I joked, though I then tried to be a little more serious when it came to the subject of whether he could swim or not considering what he'd been through. All you can do is take it slow and see how you feel at first. At least you won't have to worry about the water being too cold, at this time of the year even that's pretty warm. It's lovely really. Oh great, now I was thinking about how lovely the water was going to feel when I did finally get it.

I let my eyes drift shut, blocking off the view of the tempting water, as Lenny starting working on my back for me. It wasn't difficult to stop thinking about the ocean and swimming then. In fact it was so relaxing that it was difficult to think about anything at all. I sighed and pressed my head against my forearms, feeling like I might actually have to consciously put effort into not falling asleep. It's not just- I realized that my voice must be muffled and raised my head before trying again. It's not just about not getting burned or even when you do you end up tanned. It's just safer to put it on, reduces all the risks that the sun carries.. I could have gone into detail on that but honestly I was already far too relaxed to even continue. This wasn't the place for lectures and for the moment I was willing to let the subject drop.

My head found it's way back to resting against my arms as Lenny continued and my eyes closed once more, as if by their own volition. The sounds of the waves and birds blended in with the noise of the smattering of other people on the beach. There wasn't many actually, seeing as Laguna was home to seven miles of coastline and over twenty beaches and coves. If we were at Main Beach we would've been surrounded by other people but as it was the people who were here were most likely just other residents with properties that led down to this stretch of shore. It felt a little more private while not being isolated.

With a certain amount of effort I managed to acknowledge that Lenny was speaking and made myself pay attention again. It wasn't that I wasn't interested in talking to him I was just getting totally distracted by how pleasant and soothing it felt having the sunblock rubbed into my back. Mmm? I said, then could've hit myself for it. Sorry I'm listening, that just feels really nice. I laughed at myself for being silly before actually turning my words to what he'd said. It's not four in the morning, you're just exaggerating because you sleep late. But I'd be willing to go later on on the days you did want to come out running with me. It's just a routine I ended up keeping so it's not like I'd mind changing it. I turned my head slightly to glance back over my shoulder at him. How is your work with Helios going by the way? I wasn't trying to be nosy but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious. Considering that Helios was a priest I couldn't help but wonder how they'd come to be so close and spend the amount of time together that they did. On the other hand I knew it wasn't really any of my business. 

Oh, I haven't really thought of that much, I was so wrapped up in us actually coming down here that I wasn't very organized about what we'd do when we were. There's always so much going on here though so we'll have loads of options. Like music events with barbecues and art festivals, or water sports and snorkeling, diving, that kind of thing. I started trying to remember the plethora of things but there was almost too much to name offhand and I was still far too relaxed to spare the brainpower. We could drive up to L.A. at some point if you wanted. There were people I hadn't seen much or at all since I'd moved away who'd I knew I'd like to see while I was back but this was only our first day here and I was totally content spending my time with Lenny.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:01 am

Quote Begin ..yeah... even if I can't, it's better just being here and being in the water than stuck inside or shit.Quote End I said, albeit in a grumble. I snorted out a sigh trough my nose. I sucked, but there wasn't much I could do about it.

Instead I kept rubbing at Avery's back, looking out over the beach as I did and taking everything in. The sights, the smells, the sounds. I tuned back into what Avery was saying with a frown. Quote Begin Huh? Risks? I mean, getting sunburn's kind of a risk, yeah, but even that's not that bad. Unless you go.. lobstery or whatever. The sun's good for you. Oh- shit, you mean heatstroke or something? Sunblock stops that?Quote End

Quote Begin Yeah? I guess suncream's not so bad for massages and shit. Fuck - they totally feel the same! Massage oil and suncream! I mean, when it's on your skin, they're probably just the same stuff or something, but massage oil sounds nicer.Quote End The suncream was mostly rubbed in and after rubbing in the last bit under the strap of Avery's bikini top I leaned back, looking over her shoulder. Quote Begin It feels like fucking four in the morning.Quote End I complained. Quote Begin But.. yeah, I'd like to go running together.Quote End

Since I'd been helping Helios with paperwork, there'd been a few nights where I got back late, or sometimes didn't get back at all if I got caught up, or ended up falling asleep in the office. I'd told Avery I was helping Helios out, which wasn't even exactly a lie, but I couldn't help feeling guilty about it when she asked. I knew I couldn't tell her the real reasons. I never wanted her to have to deal with any of that. That still didn't make it easier explaining things though. I'd decided to try and downplay it as much as possible and make whatever paperwork Avery thought I was doing for Helios seem so boring, and a normal and ordinary sort of boring, that she wouldn't ask much. Quote Begin Uh, what? Oh, it's nothing.Quote End I flopped back down onto my own towel, shifting so I could look over the at the water and avoiding Avery's gaze. Quote Begin Well, I mean.. I've just been helping him out with some.. stuff, just boring stuff. ...it's going good, but, yeah.. uh, it's just.. work.Quote End I looked down at my beach towel and picked at a loose thread. Quote Begin It kinda sucks I don't get to spend so much time with you though.Quote End I added on, sighing a little. It was for a good reason, the most important reason ever to me, I just had to keep reminding myself of that. And it wouldn't be forever either. I hoped it would be over as soon as possible because all the work actually helped Helios catch him.

The bright sun and sand was an easy enough contrast to prevent my mind travelling down too much of a dark road and I tried not to think about it. This was a vacation away from Index and everything that had happened, Brad or vampire related, or anything else either, and I was going to enjoy it. I leaned up and twisted my body to face Avery again when she mentioned things to do. I frowned, raising my sunglasses and shifting them on top of my head. The sun was ridiculously bright without them but with them on everything was so dark and I couldn't see Avery's face properly. Quote Begin The one you said with the barbecue sounds nice.Quote End I said, going back to shielding my eyes so I could see Avery, but still not be blinded. Quote Begin But I don't really give a fuck, I'd do any of that stuff. What d'you wanna do? What did you used to do when you were here?Quote End I asked. Quote Begin You must know all the great places to eat, right?Quote End

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:50 am

Really now, I should be feeling bad for him and what he was saying, not amused at the way he grumbled as he said it. But I couldn't help myself when it was just so... well, cute in a way. I didn't know anyone who could pull off a pout the same way Lenny did. I was actually glad I was turned away from him since I was sure the amusement I felt was showing on my face. Well there'll definitely be no staying stuck inside while we're here. And don't get so caught up about it; you don't even know how you'll feel until you do try to swim. Maybe it'll be easy as pie. I reminded him, think that there was every possibility for my words to be true. Wasn't swimming usually a good exercise for people with injuries since the water kept you buoyant and allowed you to take weight off? I wasn't a hundred percent sure but it sounded like common sense.

No, sunblock doesn't stop heatstroke as far as I know... I'm talking about the UV rays in sunshine and how that can damage the skin? Too much exposure to the without protection will make your skin age faster and it well sag and cause wrinkles sooner than you may have gotten them if you had taken care. But that's only the surface stuff since there's risk of skin cancer too but usually people most at risk from that are those who burn easily. I turned and took the sunblock back from Lenny but instead of moving again I stayed where I was and looked at him. Thanks for that. I didn't think it was possible to feel even more relaxed but I do. I paused for a moment before continuing. I know you said you hate the feeling of it but I brought plenty with me so if you change your mind and want to use it then feel free. I put the tube into the shade of my bag instead of back inside so Lenny  could easily reach for it if he changed his mind.

Honestly I wasn't quite sure how to respond to his massage oil/sun cream theory. How did you put it nicely that someone was just... so wrong. I actually had to bite back a small laugh because of how certain he seemed about it. Ah.. no, they're not the same thing Lenny. Massage oil has none of the protective qualities that sunblock has, they might feel similar but I'm pretty certain they're not alike outside of that. I turned to my side so that I was facing towards him, propping myself up on one elbow and raising my other hand to tilt my hat and keep the sun out of my eyes as I looked down at him. Well you can just tell me when you want to start and pick the time, I'd just be happy you're coming along. In fact I'm really looking forward to it. I'd been trying to get Lenny to be more health conscious for as long as we'd been friends and I was trying to focus on the positive of that finally happening and not how it had come about.

You'd have to be blind or incredibly unobservant to miss how Lenny had reacted to the question about working for Helios and I was trying my hardest not to draw any conclusions from that. But it was really difficult not to do exactly that, even as I tried to remind myself that Helios was a priest and just because Lenny seemed to care about him a lot, or come home late if he did at all, didn't mean anything... untoward was going on between them. And if there was... no, even if Lenny was my friend thinking about something like that was weird and I was happier no doing so. So I just tried to push any suspicions or errant thought I had regarding the matter to the side. Oh... well it seems to keep you busy at any rate. I hope you're not overworking yourself and still getting enough sleep. I smiled a little sadly when he mentioned not spending as much time together. It's okay, it's obvious helping out Helios is important to you and I understand you being busy more often, even if I miss having you around as much as before. We've got our holiday though. I pointed out, the thought alone actually cheering me up a little. Helios was nice and I didn't begrudge the time he and Lenny spent together but I was glad that it was just the two of us here.

Oh, a little bit of everything really. There was always so much to do that it was never a case of me doing the same thing over and over. I definitely want to go to that barbecue, I just now it will be so lively and things like that are always fun. I think that's on in the next couple of days actually. I'd love to go diving again too actually, it's so beautiful down there and otherworldly. I sighed happily and smiled at him. Oh yeah, I definitely know the best restaurants. Actually it's the more casual ones that get my vote here. I think they have something the fancy places just don't? Loads of bar-slash-grills that face onto the beach and just have the best atmospheres. I shifted and sat up a little straighter  when I'd finished talking. Looking at him with absolutely zero protection from the sun was bothering me but I knew trying to force him to do it was pointless. I reached for the sunblock again pretended I was just going to apply a little more myself but then switched direction, leaning towards him and wiping a line of it down his nose. A grin spread across my face as I looked at him and the white on his nose and nose alone. Sorry but I had to protect your nose at least. I told him in a teasing tone, feeling like being here was bound to make you feel totally at ease and a little more playful.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:51 am

I frowned at Avery, staring at her a while to see if she'd laugh. Quote Begin UV rays? You're not joking or shit?Quote End I asked, full of skepticism that Avery was just pulling a slightly out of character prank on me. My narrowed gaze alternated between her and the bottle of block. Quote Begin Are you sure that's not just.. shit some scientists have made up to make people buy their sunblock?Quote End

My hesitance to believe that UV rays existed didn't change my stance on the massage oil vs suncream thoughts I'd had and instead of arguing, I stared at the bottle a while longer and then looked away, still in thought. If the UV rays did exist then it would make sense why so many people thought sunblock was important...

Quote Begin I kinda wanna start now. But I guess in a couple weeks? It's probably better to wait until I'm off the pain meds and shit, and then go. But I'm looking forward to it too. I just wanna... start doing stuff, tone up again.Quote End I couldn't tell Avery, but one of the reasons was that I wanted to be useful to Helios, if I ever had to be. I wasn't thrilled at the thought of going up against any supernatural creatures, but being prepared and working out made me feel better, gave me something to focus on. I just wanted to feel less useless when it came to protecting myself.

I shrugged. Quote Begin I dunno, I feel tired sometimes, but I always feel tired sometimes.Quote End It tended to be affected by my mood rather than how busy I was. Even the sun was making me feel tired, lulling me into a sense of security out on the beach. Quote Begin And yeah, we've got all week of the vacation. But if you try and wake me up early or shit, I'm going to.. fuck, I dunno - just don't wake me up early! It's not a vacation if you've got to be up.Quote End

Quote Begin Diving sounds cool. I haven't really been, just one of those.. quick under the water things, not proper diving or shit.Quote End I said, my mind quickly moving on and getting stuck on restaurants instead. I'd rather think about eating fish than going and looking at them. Avery had to be right, there'd be plenty of nice grills, and maybe ones with seafood.. all types of food.. and ice-cream in the sun on the beach too...

I was so lost in thought, staring off at the waves, that Avery caught me completely by surprise. Quote Begin Hey!Quote End I sat up in a flash, looking at Avery in confusion and seeing something on my nose out of the corner of my eye. I stared at it for a moment, slowly piecing together what it was from what Avery had said. I wiped it off with a finger, staring at the white smudge, and then jumped forward to wipe it down Avery's face, grinning at the chance to get her back.

:Q1 Protect your own nose!Quote End I turned her words back on her without thinking about any real meaning to them. I grabbed the bottle of sunblock and held it up so she couldn't try anything more, sticking my tongue out. Then I looked down at it, frowning again at the wording written across the label and my mood once turning more serious. I glanced at Avery. Quote Begin So.. if you don't wear it, you end up all wrinkly and shit?Quote End I asked, thinking over how bad it might or might not be to wear it in my head. What if not wearing it did make bad things like that happen? I didn't want to end up looking old. I didn't want to not tan or have the feeling of sticky sunblock all over me either, which made me suddenly realise something. Quote Begin Wait - am I gonna have a fucking weird paler nose now after the rest of me tans?Quote End If that was true I'd put the stupid stuff on, just so I could get an even tan at least. I let out a sigh, believing it to be true without Avery replying, and pulled open the cap of the bottle. I squirted some into my hands and started rubbing it on my arms, glaring at Avery the entire time for forcing me to wear it. I'd put it on so I didn't ruin my tan, but it didn't mean I had to enjoy it. Quote Begin It feels weird..Quote End I grumbled. Quote Begin Doesn't it stop feeling sticky? I feel like all the sand and shit'll just stick to me.Quote End

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics