setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Sunny Disposition - Page 6

[Private] Sunny Disposition

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Sunny Disposition

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:02 am

Quote Begin Whatever.. I bet you wouldn't say that if you could tackle me! You're just jealous I'm winning.Quote End I shot back, confident that Avery wouldn't be able to tackle me - especially when her second dunk attempt had failed miserably. The fight was intense and fun, and although I wanted to win it had uplifted me more than anything. I couldn't remember the last time I'd just enjoyed myself without other things lurking at the back of my mind. In L.A, with the soft sand and the sun in the bright blue sky, those things couldn't seem any further away.

Even getting out of breath so quickly hadn't completely fazed me, or the grossness of what I was coughing up. It did piss me off but I was determined not to let any illnesses or injuries stop me doing what I wanted. Quote Begin I'm okay...Quote End I said, and glanced over my shoulder at Avery before the wet, clogged feeling in my airways set me off coughing again. I spat it straight into the water.  Quote Begin Fuck, this is so gross, it's like I've got fucking millions of lungs to cough up so much stuff. I thought this shitty pneumonia would be gone already.Quote End I grumbled, going to turn back a few times but only starting off coughing again. I rubbed at my chest and the ugly mottled bruise I knew was there. It made me wish Brad was on the beach just so I could drown his fucking face in the sea.

After a minute or two the coughing and horrible feeling of having the urge to cough subsided, and I felt able to actually clear my throat. My mind was still on our little water war though. I felt tired and worn down and yet the water fight was what was still at the forefront of my mind. While I partially wanted to just go back over to our belongings and sleep on the beach some more, I couldn't let go of the fight and my chance of winning, or have Avery think I was still really ill. I squinted at her over the sun, thinking. My breath gradually began evening out and I could appreciate the lap of the sea water around us again. Quote Begin Well.. I'm fine but.. I guess if you wanna back out of the fight because you're tired or struggling or whatever, then I don't mind swimming with you instead...Quote End I said, unable to keep the challenge from my voice or the smirk from my mouth. I thought it was so obvious I was going to win whatever happened, but I'd never thought it might be Avery giving up. I stood, shielding my eyes from the sun and watching Avery carefully - just in case she tried anything else. For all I knew she could have been pretending to give up just so she could sneak up on me again.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:43 pm

Lenny's words just had me making an obvious show of rolling my eyes For your information I'm not entirely sure I couldn't tackle you if I tried. It's not like you're way taller than me or anything, maybe I could do it. I retorted, grinning at the back and forth between us because of how much I was enjoying it. I didn't actually know if I could do it but there was a part of me that wanted to see if I'd be able to manage it. If I could catch him off balance then I'd probably be able to get him under but he might be more watchful for it now. And you're so not winning so there's nothing for me to be jealous about. I said, sending a playful splash of water his way, not putting much force behind it so that it was mostly for show.

But Lenny's coughing fit put all thoughts of even trying to tackle him straight out of my head. There was no way I could do that now, not when it might make him feel even worse. I already felt a little guilt at the idea that us playing around like we had was what had set him off in the first place. My concerned frown didn't budge when he said he was okay, especially not when he started up again directly after saying it. I tried not to make a face when he spat into the ocean but he was right, it was pretty gross. Not that I held he against him, it wasn't like he could help it. Well you do seem a lot better than you were before, maybe you having to cough all that up is a good thing? Like the last of it leaving your system or something along those lines? Honestly I had no idea, Lenny probably knew more about it than I did but I was just trying to stay positive about it. He was definitely far better than he'd been when we'd had to go to the hospital so I didn't want to think of this being a sign of him getting worse again.

I could help but smile again when Lenny started speaking and had to resist the urge to just outright say I wanted to continue with our water fight since I'd been determined to win this one. But putting the welfare of my best friend first was far more important than wanting to win anything really. Though maybe I could do it in a way that wouldn't result in him gloating about it for the rest of our trip. I didn't say I wanted to stop entirely. I just thought that maybe we could take a little break, a temporary truce so we can think out new strategies. I said, my tone light and playful. And I'm not that tried. I'd probably swim rings around you anyway. I teased, stepping back into deeper water as I spoke and keeping an eye on him as I did so, just like he was doing with me. We were probably both suspicious about what move the other might make next. I waded back farther until I was able to sink back into the water, kicking my legs to keep afloat. Unless you're worried that whatever I come up with whole we swim would be better than whatever you could think of. I shot back, returning his smirk with one of my own before I turned and started swimming anyway.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:19 pm

Avery might have been one of the most intelligent people I knew but sometimes she really made me laugh with the things she claimed. Quote Begin What? I'm totally bigger than you, you'd never win. Even if you are weirdly tall for a girl that wouldn't make a difference.Quote End I boasted. I was sure Avery must look skinny next to me and even with my body hangups aside, my more masculine build meant I was wider than her. Quote Begin Yeah.. with your little break shit, I've basically already won so maybe that's why you're not jealous.Quote End I sent her a stronger splash back but besides that, didn't move and stayed watching Avery just in case she tried something. She'd done exactly that the last time I'd taken my eyes off her and I wasn't going to make the same mistake so soon.

I grimaced at the sea as I washed off my hands in it, cringing at the grossness. Quote Begin I dunno, probably. I'm just sure it got fucking worse since I stopped smoking.Quote End I continued grumbling. I was trying to quit like I apparently had to but even the illness and reality of the situation wasn't going to stop the cravings. I wanted a smoke so bad I'd spent a large part of the travel time to Avery's second home fantasizing about it. The patches didn't help that much and the shitty lozenges weren't that great and.. I just wanted a cigarette. I hadn't even smoked that many but since not being allowed I only wanted them more.

Quote Begin It's not a break if you're using it to think up shit.Quote End My nose wrinkled up into a frown and I concentrated on the water and wonderful weather around us, letting my nerves and complaints wash away with the rhythm of the waves. My gaze wandered over the beach and the horizon over the sea and I wished I could swim properly without the threat of pain or discomfort. I flashed a smirk at Avery. Quote Begin How the fuck do you know what I'm like swimming? We've never been before. And I'm amazing, when I'm not all fucked up. I'd beat you!Quote End I raised my voice, shouting after Avery as she swam away. Quote Begin And I'm not going to think anything up because this is a fucking vacation and I want to have fun - not think up shit!Quote End I glanced around myself again. Standing in the water felt strange and awkward and I didn't want to risk swimming, not when my side already ached from the little exercise I'd done. I wanted to swim, I really did. I almost ached from the desire - but not as much as I physically ached from illness and injury. My towel over on the warm sand was calling me for another nap. Quote Begin I'll see you back on the beach.Quote End I yelled at Avery's shrinking figure as she swam away and started to make my way back through the water.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:02 am

Taller, I repeated, exaggerating the word slightly, I said taller, not bigger. And who says advantages like that would decide it anyway? If I surprised you and knocked you off balance that could work, and would so still count as a tackle. Maybe me being ‘weirdly tall’ could come in useful. I said with a pretend glare, my tone was mock-serious, as though I were truly trying to argue my point or actually make a valid case for being able to tackle Lenny. Not that it mattered, Lenny had obviously made his mind up about my capability on it and knowing him as I did, nothing would change that unless I really did manage to do what he was claiming I couldn’t. I refuse to concede that you’ve won so you need to just put that thought straight out of your head buddy. I shot back. Laughing through my words and I turned, ducking my head slightly against Lenny’s retaliatory splash. If he wanted to think that then it would be an empty victory because no way was I about to agree with him about it.

I tilted my head to the side when he spoke, shaking my head a little and wondering if this was the beginning of how people reasoned themselves into being able to do things that were bad for them. Did one of those quitting brochures mention something about that? I thought I read something about that being normal anyway. Maybe it’s the pneumonia and the quitting combined? Maybe I needed to read up on all of this more, or just more regularly. That way I’d hopefully do a better job at being supportive. Either way you’re doing amazingly, especially considering that you didn’t even really want to quit in the first place. I’m sure there are people who’ve been completely devoted to giving up smoking that haven’t managed as well as you. And I wasn’t just saying that for the sake of it either. Lenny was doing admirably and even though it may not have been my place to, I felt proud of him for it.

A break can be whatever I want it to be. I retorted, sticking my tongue out at him which most definitely added to the childishness of my statement. But I didn’t care if that was how it came across, I liked not carefully thinking through every single thing I was about to say. If you couldn’t loosen up on a holiday then when could you do it? Well I look forward to you backing up the words, whenever you feel up for it. I teased, though I wasn’t trying to push him into swimming if he didn’t feel up for it or anything like that. I waved when he called out about going back to the beach, deciding to stay a swim for awhile, work out some of the excess energy I was feeling after the brief nap we’d had earlier. 

Though I told myself I’d only give it around five or ten minutes it was closer to twenty when I finally made my way back onto the dry sand of the beach and headed for the spot we’d set up in earlier, pulling my hair free of its tie and squeezing some of the excess water out of it. I carefully lowered myself onto the beach towel and pulled out a smaller one from my bag, using it to start properly drying my hair. I turned my attention to Lenny, leaning over him slightly to check if he’d dozed off again or not. Hey, if you’re awake then how do you feel about grabbing some lunch? I said, accompanying the words with a light tap on his shoulder.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:00 pm

Quote Begin They're basically the same word. And now you can't surprise me because you said you'd surprise me - and now it won't be a surprise!Quote End I thrust my finger towards Avery in a point, grinning to myself. Quote Begin And you'll have to conced-concedate.. because I won, so you need to get any other thought out of your head.Quote End I laughed back at her. I knew Avery was joking and yet amidst the jokes I still wanted to win the playful argument. I'd won and she'd just have to accept that.

I didn't want to be reminded of the massive stack of quitting brochures I'd been given by the hospital. Quote Begin What? No.. I dunno - I never read any of them, there were so many and they all had so much tiny fucking writing so I just looked at the pictures. And they were all gross anyway.Quote End I rolled my eyes and gritted my teeth, my face screwing up as I thought of how disgusting some of the pictures had been. I opened my eyes to Avery's praise, just frowning at her.  Quote Begin I'm not doing that great.Quote End I muttered, rolling my eyes again and refusing to look at Avery properly. She was probably just so excited because she hated smoking so much.

Quote Begin A break is a break.. or it'd be called something else. And if I could right now, I'd totally be swimming circles round you.Quote End I taunted right back at Avery, grinning and squinting through the bright sunlight bouncing off the water.

When I'd returned to our belongings and laid out on the beach towel I'd tried to watch Avery swimming in the water, her bright hair like a beacon against the blue. It hadn't lasted long though. After checking my phone and switching positions it hadn't taken me long to fall asleep again.

I felt something on my shoulder and opened my eyes, immediately shutting them when the brightness barraged me. In my sleep-dazed state I'd vaguely heard someone say something but not registered it might be to me, more interested in who'd touched me. I opened my eyes again, this time in a squint. When I saw it was Avery I let out a small sigh of relief. Then when I took in her appearance I held my breath again and opened my eyes wider, no longer caring about the bright sun. Shit, her boobs. With her slightly leaned over me they were in a perfect position. They were enhanced by the gravity, shown off naturally in their prime and beyond eye-catching. They were pretty much mesmerizing. I completely forgot I'd heard anyone speaking in favor of daydreaming what they might feel like. I'd had an accidental grope of Avery's boobs when we'd first met - but not a proper exploratory one. I'd barely really touched them.

I'd been sleepily staring for an indecent amount of time before I caught myself. What was I even thinking? Anything like that would simply make things weird between us, seeing as we were friends. I darted my gaze upwards and finally caught Avery's expectant expression. Quote Begin Huh?Quote End  I let my mouth hang open and stared at her face this time, completely confused. I shifted a little so her prominent chest was slightly less prominently in my line of vision and rubbed at my face. I decided the best way to deal with my wandering eyes was just act like they hadn't and hope Avery hadn't noticed, or would overlook it. Shouldn't she be used to people ogling her tits all the time when they were like that?

My stomach let out a little gurgle and I looked down to it, then back up to Avery. Quote Begin Hey, can we get lunch or shit? Because I need some fucking food or a smoke and I know you're not gonna let me have one of them, so we have to have food instead.Quote End I grumbled. I was craving food more than cigarettes regardless, but it didn't stop me feeling any less annoyed about having to quit and wanting to voice that feeling.

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics