setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Sunny Disposition - Page 5

[Private] Sunny Disposition

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Sunny Disposition

Avery Marx |

Posted on Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:05 pm

Was he kidding? There was no way I was going to just give up when he wasn’t even winning this little water war that had developed between the two of us. I’d just have to do everything I could to make him give up, though he was so stubborn that I was at a little bit of a loss as to how I might accomplish that. Not a chance, this isn’t anywhere close to over yet Lenny. I retorted, trying to make it seem as though I might have some tricks up my sleeve, or at least had a plan of some description. One that didn’t hinge on Lenny being distracted enough for me to slip under the surface of the water. 

When I felt like I’d moved away enough and hadn’t heard any giveaway splashes signalling pursuit I spared a moment to look back at Lenny. My brow arched a little when I noticed that he was also making his way into deeper water? Had he gotten the same idea I had or was had he guessed what I’d planned to do. A grin pulled at my lips and I decided no matter what he was trying to do I wasn’t about to give up.

He looked down as I watched him and I didn’t wait to see why he was doing it. Whatever he was doing had given me that moment of distraction I’d been looking for. I’d made my way far enough into the water that it rose to just beneath my ribs, deep enough to slip under quickly after taking a deep breath. 

I kept my grip on the seaweed as I swam in the direction he’d been in, keeping beneath the surface. The waves were too gentle to be a reliable cover and I didn’t need any wayward kicks going too high and giving away where I was. Once I was close enough to spot something through the water, a shape I was sure was Lenny’s legs, I kicked forward properly and came up behind him, a grin already on my face as I started splashing as much water his way as I could considering I only one of my hands was fully free to do so. But I was so much closer this time that far more water was reaching him despite that.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:48 am

I was still completely fixated on my little idea, mulling it over and considering as I moved deeper into the water. I'd have been lying if I said the thought of stripping in public didn't make me feel uneasy, but I really wanted to beat Avery. When I was deep enough I stopped again and looked round, watching the few other people on the beach and wondering if any of them were watching me. I couldn't get over the feeling that I was being watched, but nobody obviously seemed to be doing so. My attention turned back to my shorts and I slowly undid the drawstring.

I was about to slowly pull my shorts down when there was a noise behind me. I didn't have time to react before torrents of water hit my back.

Quote Begin FUCK!Quote End I shrieked in shock, my voice high-pitched, undignified and echoing across the beach. I stumbled a few steps away and turned to see who it was, barely able to through the water that kept hitting me. Avery... the whole time I'd been coming up with my plan I hadn't given a thought to what she was doing. Quote Begin Avery, fuck, stop!Quote End I shouted, and splashed water right back at her, frustrated but also starting to see the funny side of it. Quote Begin Not... fair...!Quote End I grunted.

By that point I was so wet that I stopped splashing and just glared at Avery, eyes narrowed, but struggling not to grin and barely moved when the water kept hitting me. If that was how she was going to play it.. I started towards her as quickly as I could, charging through the water and half diving, half rugby tackling towards her, grabbing a hold of her in any way I could - it ended up a leg- and sending us both under the water.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:38 pm

Lenny's reaction was so worth it. Honestly, I probably could've been stung by a jellyfish or something along those lines as I swum over and hearing that shrieking exclamation would still have had me thinking it was totally and utterly worth it. Peals of laughter left me because of it but even when he told me to stop I didn't. I recalled the way he'd done something similar just a short while ago, remembered his response when I'd said pretty much the same thing. Give up and then I'll stop! I parroted back at him, raising my voice above the noise of the water as I sent as much of it his way as I could manage, a huge smirk on my face the whole time.

Nothing is 'fair' when you fight dirty Lenny, I thought we'd established that. I quipped at him, knowing that there was probably a shade of smugness to my voice and that that was probably a little bit premature given that I had no idea if Lenny was actually going to give up or whether he'd just retaliate. If he just kept splashing back we'd remain a stalemate and I'd have to get more creative with my tactics.

I barely noticed when he stopped splashing but something about the decrease in the volume of water flying around clued me in that something was up. My own arms moving through the water slowed as I hesitated and in that moment I noticed Lenny moving toward me and that it was already too late to do much about it. Now it was my turn to shriek as he dived towards me, no time to try move out of the way or evade him. The tug on my leg just had time to register before I was sent under the water, instinctively trying to fight against it, arms flailing as I went down and felt the shock of water covering me when I hadn't been prepared for it. It was one thing to knowingly submerge yourself but it was completely different when it was done to you.

As soon as I could I pushed away, righting myself and breaking up through the surface of the water, spluttering it a way that was wholly undignified and only made worse by the laughter that was mixed in. I looked immediately for Lenny, waiting for him to surface and throwing my seaweed at his head when he did. I dived forward again with the intention of dunking him back under immediately. That was... that was so- ugh! If there were any rules to a water fight I bet that would've counted as cheating! And he called my tactics unfair? I placed my hands on his shoulders, attempting to push him back under but in my haste lost my own footing and ended up splashing back down beneath the water myself.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:29 pm

I broke through the water for air, sputtering for breath and shaking water everywhere, only for something to slap wetly into my face. I shook it off, blinking water from around my eyes and grabbing the item as I righted myself, shakily standing up. We hadn't been messing around for long but I was so out of breath I could have run a marathon or been swimming all days. I frowned at the seaweed in my hand and looked up to wherever Avery had surfaced, glaring at her. Quote Begin I thought 'nothing was fair when you fight dirty'?Quote End I taunted hoarsely and threw the seaweed back at her. It missed by a long shot, even more so because Avery dove back towards me.

I wasn't fast enough to get out of her way in time and was completely unprepared. I didn't want to admit it either, but I was still out of breath and wasn't truly well enough to continue the 'war' - but didn't want to back out or lose, either. I laughed when Avery just went back under, unable not to at how undignified it had been. Quote Begin You fucking deserve it!Quote End I laughed out, trying to stop but just creasing up again, wincing through laughter as my side started to ache. I only stopped laughing when I started coughing instead, the laughing obviously having dislodged some of the mucus. Instead of unable to stop laughing it was now coughing I couldn't stop, grimacing as I bought up phlegm into my hands and checking to see it wasn't bloody before I washed it off in the sea. It was gross, but I didn't have much choice and I'd seen too much of that certain bodily fluid since being ill for it to phase me. I turned my back on Avery to try and hide it, shaking my head at her and hoping she'd wait too - Quote Begin I'm fine, just gimme.. few sec..Quote End - because I still stubbornly wanted to win. Fuck, I'd use my health to do so if I had to.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:19 pm

Lenny had a point when he threw my own statement back at me. I didn’t want to admit it but I couldn’t exactly deny it either. I had basically said there were next to no rules when you started getting playfully competitive over something as a childish as a water fight. Just because I had hesitated with how far to take it because of his recent injury didn’t mean I could hold it against him for not doing the same. Yes but... maybe I was just referring to splashing and not tackling each other. I said, though the words were more playful than an actual statement of opinion. Actually arguing over it would be pointless seeing as it was something that had already happened. Now I was more concerned with coming up with how I could get him back and at least equal, if not entirely trump, what he’d done.

Dunking him right back had been the first thing that had come in to my mind but obviously that didn’t work out seeing as I only succeeded in doing it to myself. Strangely though, as I finally managed to resurface once more, wipe the water from my face and heard the sound of Lenny laughing at my embarrassing lack of grace, I didn’t feel embarrassed over it. Not overly embarrassed anyway. Though I did feel a brief surge of indignation when he said I deserved it. No I didn’t! I glared at him and tried to keep a straight face but the cracks started to show when he kept laughing and I could no longer hold back a grin and a brief laugh of my own. Okay maybe I deserved it a little bit but if I’d pulled it off you would’ve deserved being pushed back under too. 

When Lenny ‘s laughter turned to what seemed like uncontrollable coughing I felt the grin quickly slip off my face in favour of the concerned frown that got its place. Are you alright? I took a half step closer  though there wasn’t much point seeing as he turned his back to me. He’s words didn’t do anything to alleviate that feeling and I couldn’t help but wonder if he was pushing himself too much. Either that or this was just another tactic like the one he’d used earlier to get me to slow down. Again I found myself hesitating and not taking any action to further our ‘fight’, though there was every possibility this could be a trick and I might regret doing so. 

Do you want to just swim for awhile? Stretch our muscles before we settle this? I think I'm out of practice with this kind of thing. I said to him. I figured even if Lenny wasn’t just pulling a fast one then he wouldn’t come right out and say that he wanted to stop. But I did take a couple of steps back just in case this was all just a ruse and he was about to turn around and dive at me again.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics