setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Sunny Disposition - Page 4

[Private] Sunny Disposition

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Sunny Disposition

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:32 pm

I stared back at Avery, my own lips pursed and in thought as to how I could win this mock-argument.Quote Begin Uh ....both?Quote End I said, jolting when she prodded me. Quote Begin Hey, fuck! You're lucky that's my good side!Quote End I said, rubbing at the spot even though Avery had missed my bruised ribs, but smiling nonetheless.

Walking to a restaurant seemed like a good idea, but walking back after food... I pulled a face. Quote Begin Or we could get a taxi back? I don't want to walk all the way back and just end up hungry again.Quote End I said, frowning at the thought of it. I got lost in thought about potential types of dinner we might be having while Avery went on about sunsets being pretty. She really seemed to like it in L.A. Quote Begin Yeah, but... Quote End I said, not able to think fast enough to come up with an idea, Quote Begin Uhhh... if you were here all the time, you'd totally get bored of the sunsets, I bet. That's probably why you're bored with Index sunsets or whatever. I mean.. if you were here all the time, it wouldn't be special any more? But.. if we stayed up, we could always take a picture or shit, and then when we're back in Index, do the same there and compare them...?Quote End I suggested, trailing off and watching Avery from the corner of my eyes, and then looking back to the sea. The sunset in L.A probably would look awesome and loads better than any in Index - that was the problem. Quote Begin And you just have lunch early too.. I don't have fears of anything.Quote End I argued back, reaching out to take Avery's hat off her bag and throw it at her.

While Avery was fiddling around with her bag and her hair, I slowly got up, trying to shake the laziness from my limbs. I yawned again and pressed experimentally at my side. It still twinged a little even with the pain meds, and I wasn't confident about properly swimming. I was determined to still go in the water though, and simply do however much I could until it seemed to much for me. It was a vacation so if I needed a day or two out just to rest, I could.

Quote Begin Whatever.. I totally won in New York. Maybe you don't have any idea about what you're in for here!Quote End I shot back, and slowed when Avery reached the water first and went in. I held back to check she wouldn't just turn and kick the shallow water at me, which is what I'd have done, and grinned wide when she didn't. I ran after her, splashing noisily through the shallower waves and then wading when it reached higher, still trying to move as fast as possible against the weight of the sea. I got as close behind Avery as possible and reached down, thrusting both my hands in the water and splashing it towards her just as she turned around, ignoring the slight twinge of pain down my rib cage. I laughed out loud instead and the sound carried over the air. Still laughing, I darted round myself in case she retaliated, which I was sure Avery would, hoping any water would just hit my back.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:49 pm

You're terrible. I told Lenny, though the laugh that followed belied my words. My smile slipped a little when he jumped, worried for a moment at the prospect of having had hurt him, even accidentally. But it didn't last long when I realized he was totally fine. I wouldn't have done it to your bad side anyway, I'm far too careful for that. I joked, even putting on a prim act. But I dropped it with a mischievous smile and lightly poked him again in the same spot as soon as his hand moved. See? You're fine. I said, barely holding back a laugh after I'd done it. I was careful with how I did it though, even kidding around I was conscious of not accidentally causing him any discomfort. But sometimes it was just too fun not to mess with him a little. It wasn't as though he were incapable of getting me back.

We he mentioned a getting a taxi back I just about resisted the urge to roll my eyes. Obviously I wasn't suggesting we walk back while still full but I got the feeling that pointing that out would just lead to more discussion on the matter and I didn't think it was important enough to warrant that. Okay, or a taxi. We can just decide when it comes to it. Maybe I'd end up feeling the same way about it when we had actually finished eating and would want to get a taxi more than I'd want to walk, I had no way of knowing until I was actually in that situation. Oh, I totally agree with you. See something enough times and you lose appreciation for it. That's exactly why I'm looking forward to seeing it so much again, because it's been awhile. I supposed we could do your picture idea, if you wanted. I wasn't exactly sure why he wanted to compare the two in the first place but I didn't question it either. I'm not bored of Index sunsets or it's scenery in the slightest, I don't know what gave you that idea. I knew I hadn't said anything along those lines, I'd just said there was a difference between the two. Even if I did prefer the sunrises and such here there were plenty of things about Index I could easily say I preferred too. I didn't voice my thoughts on the matter though. I eat lunch at a normal time too, maybe you just operate on a delayed schedule to everyone else. I said, pretending to gloat about it. I didn't say anything about his apparent lack of fears. Instead I just rolled my eyes, though the effect was somewhat ruined when I failed to notice my own hat being thrown at me, jumping a little when it did.

Lenny's taunt just had me more determined to end up ultimately drenching him in water before he had a chance to do it himself through swimming. You so didn't win. As far as I'm concerned that was a draw but that's not going to happen this time. For all you now I could've been holding back then. Which made sense when you thought about the fact that that had been in a hotel bathroom and this was the beach, there was no need to worry about paying for accidental damages here.

I should've known that leaving my back turned to Lenny, even just for a second, was a bad idea. When I turned I was surprised at how close behind me he was and just about hand time to turn my head away so that the water he splashed my way hit the side of my neck and downwards. Even though it wasn't as cold as some places the feeling of the cooler water against my heated skin was still enough to draw out a noise of surprise and protest, though it was quickly followed by laughter on my part. So it's like that is it? I said, retaliating and splashing water at his back. Dirty tactics like that are allowed? If that's how he wanted to play it then I had no problem giving just as good as I got. I splashed him again as I moved a step closer and then sprung around him and sent as much water as I could towards his front. 

Waiting around for him to get his revenge was definitely a bad idea so I turned and tried to dash away, moving as swiftly as I could, though that wasn't overly quick consider the water was up to mid-thigh and slowed my progress. I kept perpendicular to the beach instead of moving further into the water. Even though swimming away would probably be faster I was ready to give up and use a retreat like that just yet.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:37 am

Quote Begin Mostly fine.Quote End I grumbled back, giving Avery's finger a small glare and trying to angle my body away from it when she poked me again. I glanced to Avery with a faint sense of panic when she mentioned not being bored of Index, simply because I didn't want to introduce the possibility of being bored of the sleepy old town into her mind. Quote Begin What? No... I wasn't saying you were bored or anything, just... it's.. different...Quote End I trailed off, unable to come up with any excuse that wouldn't give more away. I didn't want Avery to think about that sort of thing concerning Index at all.

Quote Begin Maybe everyone else is just... operating on a.. un-delayed schedule.Quote End I shot back, grinning to myself as I settled my chin against my arms. Avery couldn't argue with that after what she'd said.. whatever it even meant..

Quote Begin I did win... And there can't be dirty anything when we're in the fucking water.Quote End I retorted, just as a guessable splash of water hit my back. I'd known Avery would probably retaliate and that was exactly why I'd turned my back to take most of the hit, but I hadn't thought of the events that would come next and didn't expect the shock of water that hit my face.

Quote Begin Fuck!Quote End

I took in a shuddered breath in surprise, wiped the sea water from my eyelashes and brows and looked after Avery, unsteadily taking a step back just in case she planned more. Instead it became obvious she was trying to escape and I just grinned, shaking my head at the fact she'd managed to get me.

I dashed after her - or tried to. The comparatively deep water was about as easy to run through as mud and I ended up getting nowhere fast with all my efforts. The most it did was create a lot of splashing and a lot of noise. I gave up on charging through the water when it seemed to just add distance between Avery and I, and tried my best to glide through it instead. First I used my arms to try and gain momentum too, but then had an idea and angled them in front of my so I could splash a spray of water as far as possible, trying to hit Avery. Quote Begin Fuck... this isn't fair! I'm injured!Quote End I protested through a grin to try and make her stop, but she slowed slightly anyway and I just smirked harder. I took the opportunity to splash as much water her way as possible, repeatedly splashing it towards her with both hands, so wildly that I could hardly see Avery through it - but I didn't care. She was going down.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:52 am

No you didn't! I wouldn't let you win just like I won't now either. I shot back, still grinning. Honestly I couldn't remember who'd won back in NY but it wasn't as important as you might think. The back and forth the topic had brought about was just... for fun really as far as I was concerned. And there can so be dirty tactics when it comes to water fights, I guess I'll just have to educate you on that. I said, thinking about ways to get the upper-hand that weren't exactly what you'd consider fair-play. But there was still a limit to what I could do seeing as Lenny wasn't exactly at full health currently so there were things I'd hesitate in doing. He on the other hand didn't really have to worry about anything like that concerning me.

The sneak attack I'd pulled was one of doing things, even though it would probably be pretty tame in most peoples' eyes. But it used the element of surprise and most importantly, it had worked. His exclamation had me laughing as I fled, even more so when I glanced back over my shoulder and saw him attempting to come after me. He wasn't doing a very good job of it.

When he spoke again I should've known better, but when he referenced his injury I hesitated, wondering if he was okay or whether this was just a little too much strain for him. I didn't stop entirely but I slowed, and did so for just long enough to realize that I shouldn't have worried in the first place. I felt the water splash against my back, directly followed by more and more that drew out a half-laugh, half-shriek from me in protest. Oh my God- Lenny- stop. Stop! I yelled through laughter as I was absolutely bombarded from behind with water. I darted to the side to get out of the way and started doing the same thing back to him, turning my head slightly to avoid any potential face-fulls of water.

But I was determined to get him back and top what he'd done. I sent one last large splash of water and then took off again. Maybe if I could put enough distance between us I could make my way towards deeper water and go under, try to sneak up on him that way. As I move I felt something brush against my leg and I stopped, looking down and spotting a piece of drifting seaweed caught in the current my movement had made, floating near the surface of the water. I grinned and bent to grab it, not exactly sure what I could use it for but figuring at the very least I could possibly throw it at him.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:00 am

Quote Begin Give up and then I'll stop!Quote End I yelled back over the splashing. I kept it up for as long as I could, but soon enough my side started to ache and I stopped, so focused on winning that I didn't even notice I was short of breath after the exertion. Splashing the water at Avery from such a distance meant she didn't get properly soaked, the way I saw it, and I wanted to win the 'battle'. The problem was that as long as I was so far away from her I wasn't going to be able to do much more than splash at her.

I turned away from the splash she sent back, wiping the side of my face with my shoulder. If she was going to keep running away, then maybe I would too, and Avery would have to come after me.

I started backing away from her, slowly letting the lull of the waves help me move deeper into the sea. As I moved, I let my hands drift through the deepening water and started figuring out a plan. If Avery was forced to come to me - that or give up, then the best tactic would be to have some water ready to throw at her when she had to make her move. I wished I had a bucket or a bottle with me, and for a second debated even going and getting something out of Avery's bag, or her hat to use as a hostage to make her give up, but decided it would be too obvious I was going to do something like that if I returned to the beach. Avery could guess as soon as I went in that direction, or even try and cut me off, and I felt uneasy over how pissed she might get if I got the hat wet too.

I sighed, and squinted against the sun. My sunglasses were still on the beach where I'd left them. All I had on me was my swim shorts - literally. I stopped my slow progression in to the sea at that thought, the water now up to my hips. I looked down, the tip of my shorts just visible above the water. If I went deep enough into the water I was sure nobody would be able to tell if I took them off... and if I could tie up the legs somehow, and use them to hold water... it would be the perfect secret weapon to unleash against Avery when she was forced to follow me. I took another step back, toying with drawstring and further contemplating it. Could I actually take my shorts off in the sea? I frowned, still slowly moving back, and figured if I could get into deep enough water, I could see then...

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics