setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Sunny Disposition - Page 3

[Private] Sunny Disposition

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Sunny Disposition

Avery Marx |

Posted on Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:48 pm

Why would I be joking? I looked back at Lenny, my own frown mirroring his as I tried to work out why he'd think that. UV rays are a real thing and they can do actual damage if you're not careful. I don't think scientists would make something like that up. Even if there were some that had tried to make it up there would have been plenty more that would've have proven otherwise by now if that was the case. As far as I knew it was actually pretty hard to fake thinks to do with scientific findings, but it wasn't as though I were extremely knowledgeable in the field of science or anything like that either so I wasn't willing to start making sweeping statements about the matter. All I knew was what I'd picked up over the years about protecting yourself from the sun and it was the same thing I'd thought most people knew as well.

It truly was great to hear that Lenny was interested in taking a greater interest in his health. That didn't mean I was expecting him to completely change his lifestyle nor would I even want him to do something like that. His life was his own, I just wanted to see him take care of himself. Yeah I don't think starting anything to strenuous while you'r still recover would be a good idea. Maybe we could go from some long walks while we're here if you want to start off slow? Combine some activity with sightseeing. And there's swimming of course if that ends up proving manageable. These were things that I thought would still totally fit into the relaxing vibe that I was already feeling would encompass this holiday. It's great you want to get fit thought I think you already look great as you are. Even as I said the words my eyes started to drift from his face but I stopped myself before I ended up checking him out. He was my best friend and though that didn't stop me from being aware of the fact he was attractive it did mean that it was better to be objective about it. All friends provided moral support when it came to things like body image and I felt like Lenny should be more confident in his.

When Lenny spoke about always feeling tired I felt a little concerned for him but again I skipped the lecture about it. I just smiled at him and reached out to pat his shoulder. I hope that passes anyway. I left it at that, his shrug had made me think he wasn't overly worried about it himself so maybe I just needed to follow his lead on that. Not every little thing was something to get anxious over after all. Which was easier to do when Lenny switched to warning me off any early days and I couldn't help but feel amused. So I'm guessing the only way you'll be up to watch any sunrises is if you've already stayed up all night? But don't worry, I'm not going to wake you up or anything, you deserve your rest and as much of it as you can get. He was right, this was a holiday and if he wanted to lie-in then I wasn't about to stop him. The quick dives are fun too. Plus there's other things too, we'll have more options than we know what to do with.

A laugh burst past my lips at Lenny's reaction to what I'd done and once I'd started it was hard to stop. It was just... the look on his face had been adorable and hilarious and it was hard not to laugh when he acted like that. So I was a little distracted when he retaliated, my eyes widening as I felt the sunblock on my face and I just looked at him for a second before I started laughing all over again. My nose was already protected, thanks. I said, wiped the cream into my face as evenly as possible since I'd already put a coat on before, sticking my tongue out right back at him and not even caring if that was childish or not. My brow raised when he asked me about the things I'd mention earlier but I didn't question it. Well, it's more complicated than that but essentially yes, that's part of it. You said you tan easily so you'd be at less risk than someone who doesn't but it's still better to play it safe. My mouth twitched when he spoke about his nose but I didn't get a chance to answer him before he was already opening it. I just grinned when he spoke, reaching out to smooth in a streak of the cream of his arm. Well feeling burnt would be worse and you won't even feel it for that long. It's non-greasy so give it a little bit and you won't even notice. Then you can get as covered in sand as you like and it won't bother you. Well any more than being covered in sand would bother anyone. I tried not to smile smugly at all this, I really did but I was glad that Lenny was distracted by putting the cream on. Do you want me to return the favor and do your back for you? At least then I could away without the risk of him catching me and maybe even accusing me of planning the whole thing out.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:58 am

I shrugged, suddenly feeling strange that Avery had flipped my question back on me. :Q!: I don't know? People say all sorts of shit, how do I know it's true? I mean, I don't mean you say shit, but just.. people... y'know, people say stuff and.. scientists and whatever, and fuck, it's not like I can see these UV rays shit, right? Anyway I'm pretty sure I'd have heard about them, but.. I dunno, maybe they're new or something. It sounds boring anyway but.. I guess if there's a chance it might be true, I don't want me skin to go all weird.Quote End I said, starting off argumentative and fading into an irritated mutter, continuing to rub in the sun block as I did so.

Quote Begin A walk could be good I guess... but only if we go somewhere, walking just to walk seems sort of stupid.Quote End I sat up so I could rub in the rest of the sunblock better, reaching up to remove my sunglasses when they fell back over my eyes. I glanced to Avery, meeting her eyes a second before shrugging and looking away. Quote Begin I used to look better. But.. I just want to do stuff now. It doesn't matter.Quote End I shrugged again, not wanting to dwell on how I didn't think I could look as good as I used to. I couldn't be the person I used to be. Quote Begin I guess just being fit's good.Quote End I added on, trying to mask over what I really felt and redirect the conversation to something Avery liked - fitness. I couldn't care about it less in comparison - going out running was less about health, and more about trying to reclaim something, even if that was just some muscle definition.

I shrugged again, also wishing that my ever-present tiredness would pass, but knowing it wasn't going to just happen considering my issues sleeping and not wanting to talk to Avery about it. Even when it seemed like she assumed I was being lazy when that wasn't necessarily the case, I didn't want to elaborate or explain how difficult it was to sleep at night sometimes. I didn't want her to think I was completely pathetic.

Quote Begin I guess safe's better.Quote End I said, pausing as my arms were well-covered. I held the tube of block in my hand and looked down at it, thinking over Avery's offer. I looked to her, weighing up the problems in my mind against how weird it might seem to refuse when I'd just done the same for her. I'd returned to massage therapy since the problems with Jesse and while I was fairly sure I'd be okay with Avery touching me, there was always a small what if at the back of my mind, making me dwell on worst possible scenarios. At the same time, it was just Avery rubbing sun block into my back. I thought it over a few more seconds, conscious that thinking too long would seem strange, and nodded. Quote Begin Uh, yeah. Sure.Quote End I squirted out another pool of the sun block into my hand and then passed the bottle to Avery, shifting round so my back faced her a little more. I started rubbing the block into my chest.

Quote Begin A quick dive does sound fun - if I can do that. And a sunrise too, I guess.. of this view.Quote End I looked up over the sea, thinking that staying up couldn't be that bad if it did look nice, especially considering there was the possibility I might not be able to sleep anyway. Quote Begin And I think the sand feels nice, when you're not greasy or sticky or whatever. So this stuff really stops feeling weird after a while?Quote End I said, talking for the sake of talking and trying not to focus on expecting Avery's touch on my back.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:53 pm

Lenny's tirade was... well, honestly it was hard to follow and I wasn't sure how to respond to him when he'd finished. I'd believed him when he said he didn't specifically think I was 'just saying things' and I supposed it was a good thing that he didn't just accept everything he heard as undeniable truth, but there was a difference between that and just being unaware as things that were actually proven. Well this is definitely a fact, and it's not exactly new either. I paused, unwilling to say anything that might lead to a few ruffled feathers. Well you know now so that's all that matters concerning it, right? And you don't need to now the in's and out's of it really so don't worry, I won't go on about it anymore so no more unnecessary boredom for you. I joked, hoping that at least some of it had sun in to a point where Lenny might actually use sunblock in future of his own accord.

It's up to you but there are some really nice areas around here that are nice to walk in because of the scenery. I suggested, not entirely sure that that would appeal to him enough to count as more that just a walk for the sake of walking as he'd said. And we could walk into town later if we go out to eat, it's nicer than driving and would only take about a half hour. Which didn't seem like any time at all to me. It was another thing I'd loved when I'd lived here, being close enough that the city center was easy to get to but far enough away that you got peace, quiet and privacy. 

Again I felt like I didn't exactly know what to say when Lenny spoke about looking better before. Insisting he looked fine as he was would probably be pointless. I did think exercising more would be good for him but that was purely because it was healthy, not because I thought he should make more efforts to look a certain way. But if that was part of why he wanted to do it then maybe it would serve as motivation to keep it up once he started. I smiled and nodded in agreement when he continued. Exactly. Exercise isn't just about toning up after all. I mean it releases endorphin's and reduces stress and it's just good for you in an all round sort of way. I always feel better after a run. Though if he'd been in the habit of running before as he'd mentioned then he probably knew about all that already. I hoped it hadn't sounded like I was trying to tell him about things he already knew about.

I too the bottle of sunblock from Lenny when he handed it to me, sitting up and shifting into position behind him and squeezing out some of the lotion into my hands. I rubbed my hands together a little to even it up before I started to rub it into the skin on his back starting at his shoulders. My touch was probably light at first given that I knew Lenny was sensitive about his back and I didn't want to make him uncomfortable but when he spoke my focus shifted. Oh, I really hope you do get to see one. If you're willing to stay up all night then I'd do it too. We could watch from the deck at the house or even come down to the beach for it, maybe bring down a blanket or just... well, I'm probably getting ahead of myself anyway. I admitted, turning my attention to his back again and realizing my hands had started moving more firmly across his skin as I'd talked. 

I hadn't made much progress either seeing as I'd barely made it down past his shoulder blades. I picked up the sunblock and pooled more into my hand starting again from where I'd left off and trying to not be so distracted concerning the task. Yes, maybe sunblock has come a long way since you last used it. I teased as I spread the lotion in question across the middle of his back, my hands working their way down on either side of his spine. Basically you give it five or so minutes and I'm not exactly sure how it works but you don't even notice that it's on really. I think it water resistant too, but I'd still put some on after I swum. Then again sometimes I think I actually have a fear of sunburn. I said, laughing so that it was obvious I was just kidding around. Partially kidding anyway seeing as I really did hate the idea of getting burned, probably because of how easily it happened if I wasn't careful. 

My gaze followed my hands as I worked my way to his lower back, catching sight of the two indentations at either side of his spine and grinning slightly at the memory the sight evoked, especially when I remembered the conversation we'd had about a certain actor and his own 'butt dimples'. I couldn't entirely wipe the smile off my face as I finish up and was still there as I moved away. There, all done. Five minutes and you'll forget you even have it on. See, mine's already pretty much unnoticeable. I told him, rubbing a hand down the side of my calf which was the first area I'd applied to the sunblock to so had had enough time for the lotions properties to set in. Which meant that I was free to enjoy the sun as much as I wanted and shove any worry about it to the back of my mind. I scooted down and lay on my back, taking my hat off and leaving it at the side with my bag.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:45 am

Quote Begin Okaaaay, I get it.. sun block's good or whatever.Quote End I groaned, rolling my eyes. It was difficult to stop a smile spreading across my face at the same time though, because as much as Avery's weird health and knowledge things annoyed me at times, it was all a part of who she was and what she was - which could be annoyingly endearing.

It was strange how much I subconsciously trusted Avery. I still felt somewhat stiff when she started rubbing the lotion into my back but it soon faded and I found myself enjoying it, especially when she started pressing harder. I bought my fist to my mouth to stop any weird groans because it felt that good. It felt relaxing enough that even the weird, twisting feeling that spread through my stomach every time she brushed over my scar didn't stop how nice it felt overall.

Quote Begin I guess.. a walk could be okay...Quote End I nodded, trying to focus through the mind-numbing and relaxing almost-massage and the rays from the sun. The combination was just programming my brain into sleep mode. Quote Begin If we walk.. it means I can eat more when we get wherever.. be hungrier..Quote End

I could feel myself leaning forward as Avery continued lower down my back, halfway to falling asleep in the strange position. I opened my eyes, that I hadn't even realised were closed, and tried to fight off the sleepy feeling. All of Avery's talk about the vacation and all there was to do did plant a seed of worry in my mind though. Quote Begin I guess we could but.. I dunno, is a sunset here really that different to in Index? I mean.. it's the same sun, yeah?Quote End I asked, craning my head slightly to side-eye Avery and watch her. I smiled and stuck my tongue out at her, grinning at her joke. Quote Begin Yeah.. and a fear of "unhealthy food", and sleeping until a normal time...Quote End I added on.

When Avery finished I splodged some more sunblock on my hands, smeared it across my face and then wiped the remainder down my legs, trying to get as much off my palms as possible. Then I poked the areas I'd put it on first, testing exactly how non-sticky it was. It did feel... normal, but I still wasn't completely sold on it.

I flipped round on the towel so I was on my stomach and laid down, sneaking a glance at Avery and the way her boobs went more flat and wide when she laid down. I'd figured long ago it was a way of telling if boobs were real or not.. the fake ones always stood up. I quickly averted my eyes so she wouldn't notice and folded my arms in front of me to lean my head on them, just feeling the sun and soaking it in. It was so relaxing, so soothing to just lie in the sun.

It only took a few minutes for me to doze off.

A thud in the sand nearby had me jolting up, raising my arms to look around and see what it was. A kid ran past us to pick up a ball, and then back down the beach to what must have been their family, who were also the closest people to us. Fucking kids - it had felt like a really nice nap I'd been having. I squinted and sniffed, still sleepy and taking in the sand and the rolling waves as I slowly became more awake. I sat up and looked over to Avery, who was sleeping too, and stifled a yawn with the back of my hand.

Quote Begin Hey, Avery,Quote End I gave her a nudge, shifting into a cross-legged position so I was facing the sea, watching the way the sun glinted off the water, Quote Begin didn't you want to go swim?Quote End

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:54 am

My lips pursed, holding back a laugh at the what he'd said and the way he'd said it. I hadn't meant to go on and on about it but it seemed that was how Lenny saw it. Then again he wasn't exactly a trove of patience and what might seem long-winded and unnecessary to him could possibly seem normal to someone else. Then again I could be totally wrong in that assumption. Oh my, do you actually agree with me? I said, feigning incredulity even though a smile started to pull at my lips as I spoke. Or are you just saying that to get me to shut up? I said, prodding him in the side and laughing as I did so. I felt so light and unburdened here, it was all to easy for that sense of being carefree to bubble to the surface and show in my very actions.

It was a relief when I felt how Lenny seemed to ease up as I spread the cream across his back. I wasn't sure if the action would bring out a negative reaction or not but I was glad that the opposite seemed to be happening. The fact that he wasn't showing any outward signs of being uncomfortable made me feel more confident in letting my hands move surely over his back, though maybe I was still a little more careful around the scarred areas. They didn't bother me in the slightest and I felt no compunction about touching them but that didn't mean Lenny wouldn't have misgivings about it. But soon even thoughts like that faded to the back of my mind, the heat of the sun and the relaxing sound of the ocean made it all to easy to forget about such worries. That's true too, it would mean working up an appetite and the walk back would help towards working it all off again. It was all too easy to over-indulge on holidays but it was also one of the few times I didn't mind doing so. Vacations were a break from the day-to-day and for me that included a break from being so careful about what I ate. Not that I'd go nuts and totally abandon my routine, but I did tend to ease up on it.

Index is beautiful in it's own way so I'm not exactly sure there's a point in comparing it to here, but yes I'd say there's somewhat of a difference. The colors are so vibrant and the way they reflect off the ocean is really lovely. I'm not saying it's better exactly but I just think there's something about sunsets and -rises here that's really spectacular. The beach, the ocean... they just all come together with it. I realized that I'd been imagined the vistas in my mind as I'd spoke and had gotten distracted once again, caught up in images my mind provided. I loved scenery and I'd traveled enough to now you didn't have to prefer a certain type of it. There were so many amazing and contrasting landscapes out there that picking a favorite sounded impossible to me anyway. I shook my head slightly to clear it and ended up laughing at what Lenny said about my other 'fears'. Oh please, there's nothing abnormal about when I wake up, maybe you're the one with a fear of waking up before lunchtime. And I treat myself so I can't have a fear of 'unhealthy food', so there. I shot back at him, making a face and knowing that I probably sounded childish but that was all part of the fun.

My attention drifted as we both feel silent again. It was a comfortable silence that I didn't feel the need to fill, instead I just allowed my eyes to close against the bright light of the day and fell under the spell cast by the heat of the sun. My mind emptied and even sounds around me started to soften into the background. I felt so totally at peace right then, so willing to give into the sense of relaxation that were pulling me under.

Something tugged at the edge of my awareness, pulling me out of the doze I'd fallen into but I didn't fully come to until I felt a nudge and the sound of a familiar voice following it. My eyes flickered open and I blink a couple of times, drowsiness still threatening to pull me under. I'd ended up rolling onto my side while I'd napped and was facing Lenny, my eyes moving up to his face for a brief moment as his words finally filtered through and then I turned my head, following his gaze out towards the water and feeling the same eager draw towards it that I had earlier. Yeah, I think I vaguely recall saying something along those lines. I said as I sat up quickly, looking from the sea to him and grinning at him, glad that he'd made the suggestion. 

The nap in the sun had left me feeling warm, but not so warm that I thought it was the beginning of a burn. It did add to the appeal of getting in the water and I reached for my bag, digging around briefly and pulling out a hair-tie. I stood then, pulling my hair back into a quick ponytail, not wasting time trying to do anything with the hair at the front that was too short to reach though any other time I probably would've.

I stepped off of my beach towel, my feet sinking into the smooth, soft sand once again. It really did feel wonderful, everything about being here felt almost heavenly. Again I experienced that sense of lightness and frivolity and the urge to laugh for no other reason than that it felt good. It was a happy, playful feeling and reminded me of something similar I'd felt before in another situation that Lenny had been around for. Just so you know... if you thought the whole splashing incident in New York was bad then I don't think you've any idea what you're in for here. I said, throwing him a grin before I started forward, wanting to reach the water before him. I reached the edge of the water and felt the first surge of the tide lapping over me feet, the water cool but not cold. I didn't stop until the water reached just above my knees and then started to turn, determined to spot Lenny and practically douse him if I could.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics