setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Sunny Disposition

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:04 pm

Thread Details

avery's house, california | sunny | morning

OOC Message

When I'd left California I hadn't thought I'd miss it nearly as much as I did. I been preoccupied with other thoughts and for awhile I hadn't even given it a thought. And then I'd ended up liking- no, more than liking, my time in Index, feeling like I was at home again in a way I hadn't felt in a long time. It had surprised me how comfortable I'd ended up feeling and I'd ended up with reasons to stay there. I hadn't thought Index would feel like home again to me but that's what had happened.

But being back here I realized that while it wasn't home in the same way, it was still a place I loved. That I was excited to be back here and even more so because I was back here with Lenny. It was like I was bringing one of my favorite things about living in Index with me and I was so glad he'd come with me. Felicia hadn't been able to come with us, before I'd even had a chance to ring her and as about it she'd called me and explained that her parents had found out about her break up and come to spend some time with her. She'd said she'd try and make it but if not then stay with us when we got back.

I felt bad about it but it was hard to keep that feeling going once we'd actually gotten packed at left. Once we'd actually gotten here it was next to impossible. The taxi had pulled up outside and I'd just beamed at the sight of the house, biting my lip to stop myself from trying to rush Lenny along. Once inside I'd been almost over the moon, going straight for the back deck and standing by the balcony looking out at the beach. The weather was beautiful, and it was early enough that heat wasn't totally overbearing. The only thing I could think of doing was heading down there and relaxing in the sun. 

Which was exactly what we were going to do. I'd changed out of my travelling clothes and into something more beach-appropriate. Packed some things I might need in my beach bag, like plenty of water and an sunscreen, and was waiting for Lenny bear a door at the side of the house because from there you could get straight down to the sand from the back of the property.

I adjusted the my hat and tied shut the sheer cardigan I was wearing as I waited, a smile popping up on my face every few seconds even though I kept trying to straighten it out. I'd thought about coming here and Lenny coming with me more than once and I was so glad it was actually happening.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Sunny Disposition

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:48 am

OOC Message

I'd gone into the bathroom to sort myself out and get changed and ended up getting distracted when I'd knocked over some trinket stuff around the sink and toilet, in the end hurriedly putting them back in whatever order and hurrying out to meet Avery.

In the few days we'd had to prepare for the trip I already felt a billion times better, and that was no exaggeration. Whatever antibiotics and other medication the doctors had put me on were definitely working. I still felt like I needed a smoke all the time and it was difficult remembering to drink enough to 'keep dehydrated', but I couldn't argue with the results. Even if my ribs still smarted and made me want to find Brad and give him something real to complain about.

I grabbed my nicotine sweet things (apparently e-cigs might not be so great for lungs either), my phone, my sunglasses and a towel, and shucked my feet into some flip flops as I shuffled over to Avery. Quote Begin Have you got a bag?Quote End I held the things in my hands up, fully expecting her to. Women always had bags. Still holding onto everything, I raised my hands to try and shield my eyes from the sun. Quote Begin It's so fucking bright.. I think I forgot what real sun's like with all that fucking rain in Index.Quote End

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:54 am

The sound of footsteps had me glancing up, eyes going to Lenny as he walked towards me and a smile spreading across my face again. It was still sinking in that we were actually here and that what had started out as just an idea was actually now a reality. Preparing to come out here had happened in such a hurry that it was just a blur of anticipation and I hadn't spent much time actually considering we were really going to Cali together. Now there was so much I wanted to do, so many plans half-forming in my head that I needed to stop and take a minute so I could just enjoy the moment.

Yes I have a bag. I'll carry your things for you. I told him, taking the items he had in his hands and carefully placing them in the bag with my own. I looked up and noticed how he shielded his eyes and shook my head, taking the sunglasses he'd handed me and passed them back to him. And no rain, though that's more of a problem than a blessing here really. I think Index and here need to switch weather for a while. But not until we're done our holiday. I said, checking one more time that I had everything before setting off down the slope towards the beach.

The path down was surrounded by foliage and you could smell the tang of salt in the air. The sound of the sea itself was already adding to the happy knot I had in my stomach. That was another thing I'd missed, the sound of waves and the sea breeze. My time away meant that I appreciated it all the more now.

My sandaled feet hit the sand and I just had to slip them off, bending down to pick them up and carry them instead so I could let my feet sink into the soft grains as I walked. It really was a delicious feeling. I scanned the beach and picked a spot that was near enough to the water but not too close and set down my bag, pulling out Lenny's towel and handing it to him before pulling out my own and laying it out. I looked out at the water and felt exhilarated just being here, seeing the sun reflect diamonds off the gentle waves. That just looks amazing doesn't it? I don't remember the last time I felt so... tempted. I can't wait to swim. I sat down and placed my sandals at the end of the towel before pulling my bag towards me and grabbing the sunscreen? But first things first if I don't want to end up looking like a lobster. I said, grinning at Lenny before turning my attention to applying the cream to my legs.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:39 pm

Quote Begin Thanks. And if it rains while we're here I'm going to fucking... I dunno, it just better not fucking rain.Quote End I complained, looking quizzically at the sunglasses Avery handed back before I realised what I'd been doing. I slipped them on and followed after her.

There was a very slight breeze in the air but besides that, there was nothing to lessen the powerful heat from the sun once we were out from the cover of the house. It was great. It was amazing. Most of my childhood had been spent on a beach and although it had been a different continent, the similarity of the sand and sun was enough to bring a soft smile to my face. So much had changed, but the appeal of the beach and the feel of the strong sun on my skin hadn't.

I followed suit after Avery, stumbling and almost falling over taking off my sandals with the excitement to get my feet in the sand, holding a shoe in each hand. I stood and wiggled my toes a bit, grinning at the feeling and watching the fine grains sink over my toes. I just laughed when I noticed Avery hadn't stopped and kicked the sand up in the air as I hurried to catch up.

Quote Begin It does look fucking amazing. I haven't actually swum in the sea since... fuck, I can't even remember.Quote End I laid down my towel next to Avery's, threw my sandals next to it and laid down, watching the ocean.

I glanced back to Avery and snorted with laughter at what she said. All I could think of was a weird lobster with ginger hair, in a bikini. Quote Begin Do you seriously go bright red? Like totally red?Quote End I asked, turning onto my side. Quote Begin I can do your back if you want?Quote End I offered, watching the cream seemingly disappear into Avery's legs. Quote Begin I don't like it, it always makes me feel sticky..Quote End I trailed off, getting distracted when two figures ran past along the edge of the waves in front of us. Quote Begin How the fuck can a place make me want to sit down and do nothing forever, but also start exercising again? As soon as my chest's better.. I want to do shit. I want to start running again.Quote End I huffed out a sigh, watching the runners until they went out of sight. It didn't help that so many of the people on the beach looked like they spent all their time in a gym. I pulled at my top and rolled my eyes before shrugging it off over my head. Everyone could fuck off with their perfect bodies, but they weren't going to stop me feeling the sun on mine.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:22 pm

Another smile flitted across my face at Lenny's reaction to the idea of it raining during out holiday. I took that to mean he was already enjoying the sunshine and heat just like I was, which I was really happy about. After everything that Lenny had gone through recently I wanted nothing more than for him to love having a break away and a chance not to think about anything that had happened. I know, I feel the same to be perfectly honestly. I just want to enjoy the view of seeing a cloudless sky for once. I replied, knowing that maybe I was exaggerating a little bit but Index was overcast more often than it was not. And being here was a total contrast to that, especially in Laguna seeing as it was pretty much sunshine all year round. And I'd liked that it was quieter than L.A., which was why'd I'd decided to live here when I'd been looking for a house. Plus Los Angeles was only about an hour north if I ever needed to go there.

The sound of Lenny's laugh just made the feeling of contentment I already felt grow and I'd started to loo over my shoulder to see what had caused it but he was already coming up to me. He looked so... well, he looked like I felt and I was so happy to see that. I found myself beaming up at him as he spoke, glad that he shared my sentiment. The last time I went swimming at a proper beach was some trip or other. Not in Costa Rica though, I never got around to that. Really the beach hadn't held any appeal and any sightseeing I'd done had been more of a distraction. My heart hadn't really been in it considering how I'd left things with Lenny at the time. But everything was fine now. More than fine actually, and I knew I was going to enjoy this trip to the fullest. I'm going to make up for that while we're here though, you can be sure of that.

Okay maybe not bright red, not that I know of, but I'd rather not find out how bad it can get. But I think anyone with fair skin could achieve lobster red if they weren't careful enough. My mother has skin like I do and she always made sure I was practically coated in the stuff. I said, holding up the bottle to show what I mean before working on my upper legs, careful not to get careless with the underside. I looked up at Lenny's offer, surprised that he'd offered. That had been really thoughtful of him. Not that I thought he was totally thoughtless or anything. Oh, really? Yeah, thanks that'd be really helpful. You don't wear any at all? I untied the cardigan and slipped it off, folding it and placing it at the side of my towel in case I needed it again. I finished applying sunscreen to the places I could easily reach as Lenny spoke. That's so true. I feel like I could be so lazy and just spend all my time relaxing here but at the same time there's so much I want to do and I know I'd regret it if I didn't make the most of the time we spend here. I finished with the sunscreen and turned to pass it to Lenny, waiting until he'd taken his shirt off the pass it to him. Really? Do you think you'd like to come running with me? Of course I understand that some people prefer it as a solitary thing but... the offer's there anyway. I didn't think there was anything wrong with how Lenny looked, I never had, but exercise was good even just for health reason. I gave Lenny a quick smile before turning so that my back was towards him, gathering my hair over one shoulder so it was out of the way and bring my legs up so I could rest my arms on my knees as I continued to stare out at the ocean, feeling a little enraptured.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics