setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Sharing is Caring

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:43 am

Thread Details

Rupert's Apartment | Clear, dark | 11pm

OOC Message

The washing loads hadn't taken too long and soon enough I was opening the door to my apartment, bag of laundry in hand. I held the door open for Valla to enter and threw my keys into the dish near the door, hanging back a second to give her time to take in the place. I wasn't going to pretend I wasn't proud of it, even if it wasn't technically my work as a lot of it was done before I'd bought it. The place was beautiful. There were still a few boxes littered around but for the most part, I was unpacked. My desk and computer was all set up and took pride of place, sleek and standing out.

I brushed past Valla, placing the bag on the floor next to the kitchen counters. Quote Begin Want anything to drink?Quote End I asked, heading straight over to the fridge and grabbing a beer for myself, then holding another out to Valla with a raised eyebrow.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Sharing is Caring

Valla Satura |

Posted on Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:29 pm

Upon stepping into his place, I had an incredibly difficult time finding words that I wanted to use. His place... his home, was completely unlike anything I had ever seen before in my life. I'd never even seen pictures of anything like it in magazines. Something about it struck me as stark and cold, but not impersonal. There were several things about the place that I really did like, the floors for example, in their dark wood chevron pattern... but the glass walls made it seem liked a zoo exhibit? I really hated zoos. I stood there for probably long enough to make me look either vapid or dumbstruck. His offer of a beverage is what snapped me out of my silence. I smiled, Yeah, sure. That sounds great... I stepped towards the kitchen where he was and left my bag next to his.

I took a moment to watch him and admire how proud he looked and I hoped that someday I would be proud in the same way. Of what, I had no idea. He was so good looking. I couldn't wait to take his sweater off. Then I noticed the fridge and my eyes nearly popped out of my head. Holy shit. Your fridge is orange! It was likely the strangest compliment he'd ever received. I took my beer and then tenderly stroked the high-quality lacquer the covered the appliance. I didn't realize they made refrigerators in any color but white, black, or stainless steel. Its so cool!

When I looked back at him, I realized how crazy I must have sounded and my face turned a little red. Sorry. Its just... really cool. I realize I probably sound like some total ditz. Forget I said anything... Then I held up my beer in an effort to both change the subject and redeem myself. To clean clothes. Cheers, Valla, you're an idiot. I didn't even bother to wait for him to agree to my pathetic toast, I drowned the foot in my mouth with some of the ice-cold brew.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:13 am

I laughed - I couldn't help it. Out of all the things for someone to mention out of the apartment, unfinished and laden with boxes and paintings yet to be put up as it was, the fridge hadn't been what I'd expected.

Quote Begin Don't worry about it. To clean clothes.Quote End I toasted, raising the beer to my mouth. Quote Begin But yep.. orange.Quote End I said through a grin, finding Valla's shock incredibly amusing. Had she really never seen a  coloured fridge before? I closed the fridge door and  grabbed my bag of laundry, walking past Valla and taking it through the glass doors towards the couch. Quote Begin They make them in other colours too. Blue, green.. red..Quote End I teased, dumping my bag of laundry on the couch and sitting down beside it, hoping Valla would join me. I wasn't intending to put all of my clothes away then and there, but there were a few items I wanted to ensure didn't crease before we might get.. distracted. I hadn't thought about it when I'd gone to the laundromat but transporting clothes in a bag wasn't ideal. At least I wouldn't have to deal with the inconvenience of it much longer.

I picked out a shirt and quickly smoothed and folded it, lying it on the coffee table. Quote Begin I don't think you sound like a ditz. You don't give yourself enough credit, it's understandable if you've never seen one before. And maybe you just found that special thing to make you want to find a place and stick to it - an orange fridge.Quote End I smirked playfully, pulling another shirt out of the bag.

Back to top Go down

Valla Satura |

Posted on Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:19 pm

The beer was great. It'd been a long time since I'd had one... and this wasn't a cheap, aluminum can of beer. This was kind of fancy craft beer that I never bothered to spend the extra money on. The flavor was rich and smooth and well-rounded and it coerced me into taking another sip before I moved onward. I was relieved when he seemed amused by my enthusiasm over such mundane things like household appliances. Maybe it was a good thing he -didn't- have a washer and dryer. The excitement may have been too much for me to handle. 

I followed him over to the couch -- a sectional the size of my last apartment -- and I kicked off my slip-on shoes before making myself at home. Mhmm... nice couch... I said it as if I was feeling the finest fabric on the face of the Earth; full of desirous lust. Everything was just so fancy. I took advantage of the size of the furniture piece and climbed onto it on my hands and knees, beer still in hand, and the lounged on my stomach like some oversized feline. My feet dangled over the edge. I had an appreciation for finer things, I could just never afford them. I took another sip and then set my beer bottle on the table in front of it. Yes, I even used a coaster. You have good taste. Good taste in beer... in architecture... I glanced around the place indicating I meant his apartment before I grinned and pushed back onto all-fours again and crawled towards him resuming my cat-like movement. ...in clothes... Then when I reached him, I sat close enough at his side that our thighs touched. In women... The last bit made me grin.

I didn't ignore his statement about not giving myself enough credit, I just didn't reply. It was something my mother had always told me. Despite being raised in a manner that was very supportive, I always harbored strong feelings of self-doubt. It was just my observation that other people responded better to someone who was slightly humble and accepting of their failures than those who claimed to be infallible.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:43 pm

Valla was so different to so many of the women that had previously been on this couch, albeit in another room, another house, another state, and yet at the same time, she was much the same. I watched her with semi-lidded eyes, drinking in all her little displays, but without a word in return. I simply watched as she crawled into my personal space. Any movement I made was in order to have a better view of the woman before me, gaze roaming from her face to her shoulders, the movements of her torso and legs, and then back up again. Her actions were obvious but still refreshingly thrilling regardless of the overplayed sound to Valla's words, of her movements, a crass mixture of sensual display and unusual compliments that nonetheless presented as her own individual excitement rather than purposefully trying too hard, and came across as attractive and humorous rather than not quite hitting the mark, the cringe that might have developed on my face instead replaced by a grin.

I continued to grin back, close-mouthed, and let out a slight, amused laugh under my breath when Valla sat down. My eyebrows rose in a questioning movement as my gaze smoldered into her's, watching for affirmation as I took the first step and leaned closer. I rested a hand on her thigh touching alongside mine and with my other, reached to cup Valla's jaw, leaning in and gradually closing my eyes, as much as I still wanted to watch her. She had such an unusual presence that I wanted to describe as energy. I darted a tongue out to wet my lips slightly and then pressed them to hers, a physical confirmation of the suggestiveness in her earlier statement. Yes, I did have good taste in women and I was looking forward to enjoying that taste all night.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics