setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Closed] Safety and Freedom

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:26 am

Thread Details

Streets/Empty Lot | Clear | After Dark, not too late

I was heading towards One Shot, and this time, it wasn't for a drink. I had some things I needed to talk over with Ozra. Some apologies to give... Some advice to receive... It was dark, but not exactly late. The streets were empty, as they usually were on a Wednesday night, and the skies were clear. The weird thing was the temperature drop. We were heading into Summer, and I could see my fucking breath.

I turned onto the main street in this district, Cedar Drive. My feet had carried me past the street sign, and I was nearing the next street light when men appeared. It only took a second for me to sense they were wolf, and only a second longer to realize who they were. It was the one, the first face I'd seen when I came back to Index. The wolf that I had banished and let back in, Flex. There were others, but he stuck out to me more than the rest. It was the smirk on his face. It was that smirk that made me walk up to him. I broke off of the side walk and entered the empty lot, stopping by the small group of trees they were sitting around. ''Good to see you back.'' One of them said sarcastically, but my eyes weren't on him, they were on the other.

You settling back in alright? I asked, remembering the last time I had actually seen him. It... For some reason didn't strike me as odd that the last time I had seen him was when I was coming back into town. The last thing we had even done was hug. Now that I was thinking about it, I was beginning to wonder where he had been, and why he was still hanging around the proclaimed pack ''anarchists''.

He still hadn't answered me, but he was definitely looking at me. In fact he hadn't torn his eyes away once, which made me feel like I couldn't either. Where you been? I asked, suspicion finally leaking into my tone. ''Shouldn't I be asking you that? A week, and all we got was a pen pal letter. No explanation, nothing. The boys filled me in when you so graciously let me back into the ''family''. I gotta say, this has got to be your lowest pull yet Onyx. Letting a woman run the pack while you go on holiday? I mean...'' He shook his head, and I was beginning to realize that the last time I saw him, nothing about it was sincere. At least not from his side. ''I gotta say, I thought it was a joke at first. No, I told them, No way Onyx would stoop that low. I mean he's a shit leader, but he wouldn't do that to his own kind. He wouldn't help them descend even deeper into the pile of shit.

His eyes were glowing, all of their eyes were. ''But what can we expect from a man that killed his own alpha, all because he wanted to taste the power without putting in the work, right?'' He was stepping closer into my space and I, fuck I was floored. It was stupid of me to be so fucking surprised that he'd do this, but I was. I really fucking believed him the last time I'd seen him. I really fucking did and I was stupid to do it.

Odin wasn't who you think he was Flex. I didn't fucking kill him, but his death wasn't exactly bad for us either. I admitted, trying so hard to practice that truth bullshit our new wolf had so graciously instilled into my head. Clearly it had an affect, because he shoved me back and bared his fangs. ''FUCKING LIES! What the fuck is your problem Onyx? Are you so fucking jacked up that you believe your own fucking lies? All for what? Power? Control? What the fuck is it? What the fuck is it that possesses you to tear down the only fucking man that provided us with safety and freedom? Or is it that you can't do that, you can't fucking run this pack the way he did and you feel inferior because you fucking are inferior?''

You're fucking drunk Flex. Go home, take your muppets with you, and sleep it off, you're not thinking clearly. I stepped forward, refusing to back down. My voice was firm and eye contact unbreakable. I could smell the alcohol on his breath, but he wasn't nearly drunk enough to warrant this shit. I knew he wasn't. But I was willing to fucking pretend that he was for his own fucking sake.

He shoved me again and I growled. I'm not going to fucking fight you dude. ''I'm not trying to fight you Onyx. See, we all think its time you get a taste of your own medicine. We haven't forgotten what happened to Oz. The second that lone skank Luxx left town. Don't fucking act like you don't remember. Beaten senseless ring a bell? Beaten to the point of near death by some sick twisted fanger, and then fed off of like he was nothing but meat and bones. He wasn't nothing Onyx, he was a part of this ''family'' you talk about so fucking much. But you didn't bat an eye did you? Just like you didn't when Odin was murdered. Because you don't really fucking care about us like he did. You're a fucking snake. You're a fucking snake and you fucking know it!''

It was planned. I knew it from the minute he planted his fist into my face and I ended up with three idiots on each arm preventing me from defending myself. I couldn't turn, it wasn't safe here. They knew it, they fucking planned this shit. I was their fucking alpha, physically I could have prevented this, and I didn't know if it was their strength overpowering mine, I didn't even know if they were, or if it was my unwillingness to fall back into old habits. I wasn't going to hurt another wolf, not again, not after...

#VinSolo

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics