setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Not a Dick Pizza

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:01 pm

Thread Details

peyton's house | storming | night

OOC Message
Workout Clothes
This thread is backdated to some time in the recent-ish past. (lol yeah I'm super precise)

Taking on role of temporary alpha had been hell. Honestly to fucking god hell. sure I'd know it wasn't going to be easy but I hadn't imagined just how fucking terrible it would be. The whole rock through my window on the first day probably should've wizened me up more but I'd thought that that initial burst of violence would be the worst of it. Thought the pack would be really aggressive the first day or so but then go back to just being pricks with more of an attitude problem than usual. Now looking back on that I realized that had probably been more wishful thinking than anything. It had just escalated, not the other way around. There'd been another broken window and blocked numbers ringing my cell at all hours. Even the fucking tires of my truck had been slashed.

Going to the den had been a whole other story, wolves turning their backs and totally ignoring me or insults when I wasn't looking. It wasn't all the pack, and the more extreme reactions came from a smaller group still. But even those that didn't despise me for it had no intention of making my life any easier. I'd actual been glad that I'd had to had my training sessions off to Brutus while I dealt with paperwork and complaints. Even though most of those complaints were just insults. Some were actually kinda creative in their vulgarity. Other were just fucking cringe-worthy. Like, learn to fucking spell much? 

Even Ghost hadn't been able to do much of anything, not that I'd really expected her too. She was spiritual leader but that didn't make her a fucking miracle worker. I'd ended up just telling her not to bother about it. I didn't think the pack would turn on her or anything but it was better to play it safe. The idea of a female alpha, temporary or not, had been like holding a lit match to a leaking tank of gasoline. Just obviously a really fucking bad idea.

But it was over now. Kinda. He was back and I'd been able to step back into the slightly less hate-inspiring role of female warlord. It would probably take a while for the pack to in any way settle down but I was hoping it meant an end to my shit being vandalized. I'd had both windows replaced and I didn't want to fork out the cash to do it all over again. And I actually had time to myself again that wasn't filled with ridiculously high levels of stress. Now the thing that was bugging me the most was that I still hadn't received any kind of explanation for Vin's disappearing act, hadn't even heard from the dick since he'd gotten back. But realistically speaking that was probably a good thing seeing as I wasn't sure exactly how pissed I was at him. What he'd done had been inexcusable but... fuck, I'd spent time living in shoes and dealing with the crap he had must have had to deal with for so much longer. I didn't want to empathize, I just wanted to be furious with him. But I couldn't. Not really.

So just not thinking about him at all was my current strategy. I was just going to enjoy actually having that time I'd thought about. Like how tonight I was going to work out until I passed out, something that I hadn't been able to do since before all this shit had started. I hadn't been in the right frame of mind and I actually missed it, my body noticed the absence of the self-training sessions. It felt good to get into work out clothes again, to not just wear sweats because I was too fed up to try and pick out any other sort of clothing. I'd been at it for a couple of hours already and had barely broken a sweat. But I stopped, tired and knowing that I needed to pace myself. I stepped away from the makiwara boards in the corner of my studio and grabbed the towel from a nearby desk rubbing it over my face. My lips were dry and even though I didn't exactly feel thirsty I knew I need to hydrate, so I draped the towel over my shoulders and headed out of the room, bee-lining for the kitchen. I filled a glass straight from the tap with one hand while pulling my hair free of the band that had kept it up, then ran my hand through it to get rid of the leftover constrictive feeling. That done and glass full I turned, leaning against the counter as I drank and just kinda enjoying the fact I didn't have to do anything or keep a constant eye on my windows.

Of course that was fucking ruined by the timely ringing of my doorbell. I actually groaned out loud, wondering who the fuck was bothering me now. I was actually pretty it was courtesy of my neighbor whose new favorite thing was to send unwanted pizza's to my house with stupid request like 'shape pepperoni into a dick' and crap like that. He was not taking the loss of his pot plants well at all. I set my glass down and wiped my hand on the towel before charging out of the room, not able to make out who was outside because it was dark and my hall light was off. I just pulled it open, already talking. For the last fucking time I didn't order a goddamn dick pizza - oh. Oh shit. I stared, blinking a couple of times as I saw who was actually outside. Shit, it was him, the person I both did and didn't want to see. Fuck, would there ever be a time when crap concerning him didn't twist me up and give me a headache?

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Not a Dick Pizza

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:28 pm

OOC Message
Hair (A bit shorter than pictured) - Attire - Boots

My day wasn't worth thinking about, or even mentioning. Not until now. The impulsiveness of my decision to have my warlord by my side when I finally revealed the contents of the flash drive, even to myself, was probably a little stupid. But, it was apparent to me that I had tried enforcing the laws of my pack on several occasions, and all the while I hadn't exactly been enforcing them on myself. It was hypocritical at best, and as much as I fucking despised sharing anything about what was going on with me, especially with her now, she was my warlord, and after plugging the drive into my own computer and seeing Odin's name on the files within, I knew this was now officially pack business, and that's what our relationship was for. I hadn't opened any of the files, I hadn't even done anything beyond looking at the names and dates that they were labeled. I just picked up my new jacket and headed for my truck. And that's what brought me to here.

My expression was flat, even when I knocked on the door everything about me was on fucking default mode. I just stepped back and shoved my hands into my pockets, gripped the flash drive, and waited. I tilted my head down and stared at my feet as I stood there, and when the door opened, the only things that raised up were my eye brows and eyes to look at her. The entire process forced me to look at her from her feet to her face, which was something I wanted to avoid. I didn't want to look below her face, that was the plan I had made on the way over, and it wasn't even two fucking seconds in and I was already using memory x-rays to see what was underneath her clothes. Fucking stupid. Gettin' dick from the pizza man? Nice to see you've moved on so fast. I spoke as I invited myself inside, and went straight for a glass to pour a drink.

I turned around and placed the drink into her hand before moving over to close all of the blinds and shut all of the curtains, in the process spotting the laptop on the couch. I wasn't fucking paranoid, if I was paranoid I would have done this in a sound proof room. No, I was just being cautious. When I was done I sat down on her couch, pulled the flash drive from my pocket, and placed her laptop in my lap. My eyes turned to focus on her for a moment. I wasn't rushing this, I just knew that if I didn't do it soon, I would talk myself out of it, and I couldn't let that happen. Listen, I'm sure you're pissed as fuck at me right now... I spoke as I slipped off my jacket and draped it over the back of the couch. So, I'll try to make this quick. Just... Drink that, I have a feeling you might need it. And uh... I patted my hand at the cushion beside me, inviting her to sit down. I need to show you something.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:06 pm

This was the last thing I'd expected when I'd heard the doorbell ring. Seriously, seeing him there when I opened the door had completely thrown me. I'd have honestly been less fucking surprised to see Christmas carolers on my porch even though the holidays were months away. But there in the flesh and I didn't know how to react. The anger was there, simmering under the surface and just waiting for me to slip up and let it loose. Awkwardness too, but that was only to be expected after everything that had happened. But it wasn't just that, there was way more to it but I couldn't put my finger on it. Strangely enough my first reaction wasn't to punch him in the face which was what I'd thought it would be. Well, until he opened his mouth and the first thing he had to say was some smartass comment about fucking the delivery guy, and having the nerve to add on that shit about moving on fast. My sex life was definitely no longer any of his business and I sure as hell couldn't give a rats ass about his.

Yeah well all those tips have to pay for something. I ground out, talking so that I wouldn't just lash out at him. I wondered how much trouble I'd get into if I kneed him in the groin and left him writhing on the doorstep. But then he took that option away from me by actually stepping into my house uninvited. After all the shit that had happened he was actually acting like this? What the fuck do you- I stopped myself then, cutting my words off with a growl and dragging my gaze away from him so that I didn't have to see him walking around like he fucking owned the place or some shit. I closed the door, hand clenched tight around the door handle as I got myself back under control.

I swung around at the sound of a drink being poured, rolling my eyes and just giving up on the idea on him acting like a somewhat decent person given the situation. Obviously that just wasn't going to happen. But what surprised me was that the drink wasn't for himself. I took it when he handed it to me, almost on autopilot. Then I watched as he went around closing the curtains, casting the room into further darkness since I'd left the lights off when I'd gone into the studio to work out. I moved the the nearest lamp and switched it on so that I could clearly see what he was doing. This all just felt so fucking weird. Everything with him lately felt fucking weird. And he seemed... different. I couldn't figure out what it was but it was more than the fact he hadn't gotten himself anything to drink. Maybe he was already wasted, what did I know?

But I was curious, there was no denying that. An angry, impatient kind of curious but still. I didn't even say anything when he sat of my couch and took something from his pocket before pulling my laptop towards himself. Then he spoke and surprisingly the word that came out of his mouth weren't what I expected. You can say that again. I muttered in agreement, looking away from him. There was so much there now, too many things that had gone unresolved and I wasn't sure how to handle it. But one thing I was sure of was that his presence didn't freak me out anymore. I didn't know why, maybe it was just that I'd been dealing with more stressful things since then or just the fact he hadn't been around but I didn't feel the same panicked nervousness I had before. So when he continued speaking and gestured for me to sit too I did it, not flinching away or showing any signs of weakness. You're not having anything? I asked, looking at the glass. Then I pressed on without waiting for an answer, looking him in the face. Listen you can't just fucking barge in here and say you need to show me crap. You owe me some kind of explanation for leaving me in the shit like that not an offer to show me your damn holiday pictures or whatever.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:48 pm

I'd managed to ignore her comment. Whatever the fuck that meant. I didn't give a shit who she chose to sleep with since we ended our... Whatever the fuck it was. But it'd be a lie if I said I wanted to hear about it. Actually, the thought of her sleeping with other people was pretty much a fucking fact. I had to assume she was, but if she gave me a name I had a feeling that I'd feel compelled to go pound his face in. She wasn't my property, but fuck, I couldn't even explain why I would react that way. All I knew was that I would. I don't think that's necessary. Yeah it was just a figure of speech or whatever, but I wasn't about to repeat myself. We didn't have time for that.

I didn't answer her question about the drink, either. I just looked at it in her hand, looked at her, then looked back at the glass before sighing out my nose and opening up the laptop. I wanted a drink, yeah, I figured a part of me always would, but the really weird shit was I didn't need one. It was a feeling I hadn't felt before, not since I was really fucking young. I still wasn't sure how to respond to it honestly. I plugged in the flash drive, and as I waited for it to connect I decided I would take that moment to give her a bone, a little bit of an explanation. Hell, if it was going to shut her up about it and get her to focus then I had no choice. And considering I hadn't spun a single fucking lie since I returned, I planned to tell the truth. Some of it anyway.

I'm sorry I left you to deal with a shit storm of garbage from the pack. I looked at her, and paused so she could let the honest tone in my voice sink in. But I can't tell you where I went. All I can do is ask you to consider something... I looked to the screen, but didn't open the contents of the drive yet, and I wouldn't until I was done talking. Think about the last couple times I saw you. Did I look like I was in any state to run a pack? Or did I look unpredictable, untrustworthy, and ready to blow at any minute. I needed to go, I wasn't gone that long, but it needed to be done. Not just for me, for everyone. I needed to get my shit together. You saw what I became that night at One Shot, you know what happened, I couldn't risk anyone else's safety simply because you didn't want to step up and take the reigns for a week. I just couldn't. I did what I had to do. I'm sorry, and you deserved a better explanation, but... I paused again, long enough to open the folder, which revealed several video files named Odin, followed by a series of dates. They weren't set consecutively, no, they were months apart. I need you to drink some more of that now, and try to move past what I did, and focus. We can talk about it more once I'm done showing you this.I clicked on the earliest file, positioned the computer so her and I could both see the screen clearly, and turned the volume up...

It looked as if the video started from the point of view of a security camera. It was aimed at a door, and the darkness on the left side of the screen indicated it was night time. Thirty seconds in, Odin appeared on the screen and my eyebrows curled into a concerned frown. He pulled something from his pocket, it was a lanyard, and at the other end a blank white card. He slid the card into some kind of scanning device beside the door, and the scanning device slid up. He leaned in, and some kind of light scanned over his eyes, and the door opened. I looked to Peyton, my expression still the same look of confused anger before looking back at the screen.

The video cut to the hallway, the same fucking hallway that I had been in countless times during that week and my eyes widened. I couldn't tell her, but fuck I knew where he was. Men in full black combat gear began patting him down, pulling out any metal and they placed it all into a plastic container. There was no audio, but from the look on their faces and the look on his, and their moving lips, it seemed as if he had met them before. They were having a casual conversation, fully equipped with smiles and laughs. That was until one of them pulled a silver chain from his pocket. His expression went from happy to worried and he placed his hands in the air as the men seemed to become confrontational. It looked as if he explained it away before they gave him a friendly pat on the back and escorted him down the hall.

The video cut away again, and Odin was in that empty white room. The same table, the same chairs, it was the same room I had been in countless times during that week. The screen cut in two. On the left side, an upper view, like it was recorded with a security camera, and on the right side, a camera aimed straight at Odin's face. We had audio now. And when the door opened, and that woman walked in, I felt like my stomach was flipping upside down. Ursula... I've seen her before, she's a part of some fanger political shit. Like a higher up or... I instantly shut up when I heard voices coming from the computer. They were talking, and I turned the volume up louder.

''It is nice to see you again Odin. I trust you retrieved the information we talked about during our last visit?'' Odin smiled and leaned back into his chair, my chair, the same one I sat in as they force fed me gallons of fucking vampire blood. He looked comfortable, he looked fucking comfortable like he was meeting up with an old friend from high school or something. It was fucking sick. "I have, but listen Ms. Darwin, we have a problem. One of my wolves was attacked the other night by your kind. Now I'm not complainin' here, trust me, the kid was a bit of a problem anyway, but I thought we had a deal. I work for you guys, and you give me the status I desire. My wolves aren't going to label me the way I want them to, I won't go down in history as the only Alpha that brought peace if we have problems like this. You see where I'm comin' from Darwin? I can't promise I'll hold up my end of the bargain if you don't hold up yours. Now I hate to be a stick in the mud about this bu-" ''I assure you Odin, slip ups aren't tolerated within the Supremacy. The vampire that you speak of has already been captured, and let's just say...'' She smiled as she looked down at her fingernails, before reaching forward to place her hand over his. ''The problem has been remedied.''

I paused the video. I felt like I was going to fucking puke. I moved the computer off of my lap and set it aside, I just needed a break. I pulled myself upright and clasped my fingers behind my head as I paced in front of the couch. What the fuck is the supremacy? I stopped in front of her. He was working for fucking fangers?! Seriously?!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:10 am

Had I mentioned that I was just getting the oddest fucking vibe from this? Everything he did was just adding to that, the way he was acting was off and not what I was used to. He was kinda calm in a way I didn't recognize and I had no idea what he could've spent the last week doing to achieve that. It didn't help with the whole curiosity thing, that was for fucking sure. Even the way he reacted to my comments was just... weird. Or really the lack of reaction was the weird part. He was getting pissy and taking shit way too personally like I was used to. Maybe his man period had finally stopped? Frankly I don't think you're in a position for me to give two fucks about what you think is necessary or not. I countered, all this non-reactive crap from him was sorta causing an opposite reaction with me. The fact that he was calm as shit acting like nothing had happened was not rubbing me the right way.

Then again, maybe I was being unfair? I didn't feel like I was but I knew on some level I should wait until I had the full story before I actually made judgement calls. Not that I thought anything he was going to tell me or show me would stop me feeling so mad about it, but I couldn't see a downfall in understanding better either. But I'd seen and heard enough to want to know more and I'd just have to try and keep my temper in check 'til he was done showing me whatever it was he wanted to.

A small line appeared between my brows as I frowned slightly. Why was he just looking at the drink and sighing instead of answering the damn question? Stranger still was the fact that before now I would've never said Vin would turn down a drink, especially in a situation where one was apparently called for. This was like some invasion of the bodysnatchers type shit. Okay so that was overstating it but it was still.... fuck it, just not what I'd expected from him. 

Just like I hadn't actually expected him to apologize. That definitely came outta nowhere for me. Fuck I knew I was owed one but actually getting to was a different story. My brow arched and I found myself crossing my legs and leaning back into the couch, watching him as he talked and listening without interrupting. Sure there were a couple of times when I had to bite my tongue to stop myself from doing so but I managed it. Well, managed it until his dig about not taking the reigns. Fucking hell, it wasn't about what I wanted, it was the fact that it came outta fucking nowhere. I was totally unprepared, that's what threw me. He really was an ass if he thought I was mad because I'd had to do something I didn't want to, if he really thought I was so fucking petty. I clenched my jaw and managed not to saying anything else, just giving him a curt when he asked for my focus and turning my attention to the laptop.

At first I was just wondering what I was looking at. He hadn't told me where he got it or even if he had any theories about what was on it. The only thing I'd knew was that it was something to do with Odin and even that was only because of the file names, not because of what Vin had told me. Whatever he did know I had to guess he was just going to keep me in the dark about it. So I did the only thing and watched, waiting for the video to reveal whatever he wasn't. When Odin did appear I wasn't surprised, not after seeing his name in the folder. But as it continued it because clear that was the only time I wasn't going to be surprised by what I saw. I leaned closed when the light went over his eyes. Retinal scan? That shit's hi-tech. I bit at my lower lip, glancing at Vincent outta the corner of my eye when I saw him look at me. I'd was pretty sure the pack didn't have any shit like that lying around.

Shit only got weirder from there. I watched the screen, having no clue as to what was going on and who the other men were. Where the fuck was Odin? I'd never seen a place like this and the whole thing seemed off. The fact he was getting searched, the fact that he was backing the fuck down like a scolded pup when they pulled the chain from his pocket. That didn't strike me as the actions of an alpha. Not that I'd ever liked Odin but this still struck me as just not right. My head tilted as the view changed and showed the split feeds. Then Vin spoke again and I tore my gaze away from the screen, looking at him in shock. A fanger? Was he serious? I looked back at the screen, the full impact of what I was seeing hitting me as they started talking. Not fighting, Odin wasn't trying to kill her. They weren't even insulting each other. It didn't make any fucking sense. My stomach dropped as their conversation played out, as there words sunk in and then she touched him. They were so fucking chummy- the idea of a leech touching me made me feel like ripping my own fucking skin off.

It was a relief when he stopped it, but even though I looked away from the screen it was like the whole was still burned into my skull. I stared at the drink in my hand for a moment before knocking it back. He'd been right, that had most definitely been fucking necessary. I set the empty glass aside and rubbed a hand over my face then down and around the back of my neck. My brain was still stuck on processing what I'd seen, trying to ignore the disbelief and store away the knowledge as fact. I looked up when he stopped pacing and stood in front of me, tilting my head back slightly to look up at his face. At first when I opened my mouth nothing came out, and I had to clear my throat before trying again. I've no idea what- I mean shit I'm having trouble believing what I just saw. Even the fact that I'd seen it with my own two eyes wasn't helping the whole disbelief thing. He was a traitor? Fuck, I never would've guessed this. Never. So... what? They didn't attack the pack and he gave them info? Was that how he brought peace? My lip curled as I spoke and I grabbed the empty glass again, standing up and side-stepping Vin as I headed over to pour myself another. How much is there? Hours worth of footage or less? Did we have to watch it all? Probably... finding out as much as we could seemed like like the smart move. But I'd be lying if I said that sounded in any way appealing.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics