setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Wildlife. - Page 4

[Private] Wildlife.

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Wildlife.

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:44 pm

I'd been a wolf long enough to be comfortable with it. It was less about being uncomfortable with the wolf now, and more about being uncomfortable with the politics. I knew what I had to do, I knew what was required of me, it was the cries against what I had to do that made it uncomfortable. I wasn't sure that'd ever change. Especially after finding out what I had, I knew that information somehow made it worse. Or it would anyway, if it ever got out.

But this, this was still fucking bizarre to me. The information we had on mages was minimal, the information we had on necromancers was even less than that. It was like some hocus pocus out of a fucking movie. No sense or logic played a part in the rituals and methods of a mage. What did the fucking colors mean? Where did they come from? Why did it require such personal ingredients in order to work? What the fuck was that language and what did it mean? I didn't understand it. I would never understand it. The deepest my understanding went was... It was that magic that made them so desirable for an afternoon snack. It was that magic that gave me such an addictive high afterward. It was that magic that made me feel so invincible.

I lit up my cigarette and leaned up against the wall behind me. The scent of the mage was still detectable here. It had soaked into my clothes, not only that but she was still near. It was somehow easier out here. I didn't have that overpowering urge to shift and kill. The nicotine definitely helped, it calmed me down. I had put out the joint beneath my boot and placed it on the ledge above her doorway the second I got outside.

When she got outside, it was like being hit with a bus her scent was so overpowering, and I took a step away. Just never seen it, that's all. Did it work?

Back to top Go down

Valla Satura |

Posted on Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:38 pm

With the blanket tightly bound around me I moved off and away from him and sat down at some distance in the dried grass which separated my garden from the rest of my... yard. If you could call it that. Maybe I should fix that. It would be easy enough. I added it to my mental check list of housework.

Once I was seated on the ground I took another deep breath and then closed my eyes. I'm fucking exhausted now. That shit is hard. It was then that I realized I was downwind of him and I hoped it would help with his olfactory anxiety. Its not often that I have to do stuff like that. I'm kind of a lazy witch. I don't like to use what I have unless its important. I then shrugged and smirked a little bit, I don't even know why I'm telling you this.

I slouched a little and glanced towards the open door of my cottage and couldn't help but laugh at myself a little for turning into a witch in the woods. I was like that fucking bitch in every children's fairy tale. It was awesome. I needed to learn how to make gingerbread and start enticing fat little kids over to my place after school for snacks. After his question, I nodded once and moved my line of sight from the door to where he stood smoking. I think so. I'm pretty sure it worked. Usually if the spells don't work something catastrophic happens like... an explosion or fumes or my hair falls out or something. I'm pretty sure this worked. We can test it if you want... when it cools down.

I didn't think he'd take that bait.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:57 pm

I just looked at her. My cigarette was lazily hanging between my lips and I was just looking at her like she was a fucking alien. Goddamn if someone could see this shit now, they'd probably get the wrong idea. Her wrapped up in a blanket with little but enough bare skin showing to imply that there wasn't much underneath, and me just puffin' away outside of her house like it's no big deal. I wouldn't fuck a mage, some of them were attractive enough if you could get past the smell that it might seem appealing. But it wasn't just the scent, there was a primal instinct in my gut, that even if I couldn't smell them I'd still yearn for their flesh, and not in a sexual way. I didn't even know if I hated them, some of them I did, I just desired to rip them to shreds, that was all. Some might call that hate, I called it desire.

''Exhausted'', ''hard'', yeah someone would really get the wrong idea, and it was actually making me nervous. This was the kinda thing that would give those idiots exactly what they needed to cast me out. I don't either... Fuck would she back out if I spoke honestly? I couldn't risk that. But I guess it's good to stretch unused muscles or whatever the fuck that saying is right? I added on at the end, refusing to give her an opportunity to back out. Or not... Sorry, this isn't fucking easy for me. We're enemies. I don't fucking hate you but I definitely don't want to keep your flesh attached to your bones if you catch my drift. I have to be honest, I need you to be good at this, but I definitely don't want you to be. No one wants their enemy to have the tools to destroy them. That wasn't mean was it? It was honest, but it wasn't fucking mean. I bit my tongue at the end too, I didn't mention that it didn't matter what tools she had, I didn't mention that she could have all of the power in the world but I'd still tear her limbs off one at a time no problem. Some might say that's cocky, I say it's the fucking truth.

Gross... I added on quietly about the hair thing. Women with bald heads just wasn't fucking natural. Not if they chose to have them. Go for it, I'm not testing that shit. Plus we know nothing about one another, neither of us would know what is a lie and what isn't. I took one last drag off of my smoke and extinguished it on the bottom of my boot before flicking it off into the woods. Let's just let it cool, get it packaged up, and I'll get out of your hair... That I'm glad you still have, I guess...

Back to top Go down

Valla Satura |

Posted on Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:23 pm

This guy was going to think I was an idiot but... I couldn't for the life of me figure out why it was we were supposed to be enemies. I'd never even met him before. I watched him and sort of, half-wrinkled up my face as I listened to him ramble a bit. This guy was really uptight. Like, some heroin addict on the way down. I could tell even just from watching him that his mind was racing. Maybe he was on meth. That was kind of a big thing in rural Washington, wasn't it? He didn't really -look- like a meth addict though. Aside from his scar, his face looked pretty good... and he wasn't skinny. At least, not meth addict skinny. Maybe he was a little skinny for my taste though, not that I was at all interested in taking him to bed.

I was silent for bit in my observance and then I finally spoke up. Why is it we're enemies, exactly? I mean, we just met... how can you hate me when you don't even know me?

My grandmother had told me stories about werewolves. They had always seemed like just stories to me. No real truth to them. She'd mentioned this sort of feud between our species, despite having a common ancestor at some point. I didn't understand it when I was young, and I still didn't understand it now. We had never encountered wolves in our travels so my education on them was limited. I don't really understand why it is you think I'd want to hurt you or something? I mean, I get it if you've had bad luck with sorcerers in the past, sure that makes sense but... I'm not with them. I never have been. You're lumping me into a group of assholes and you have no experience with me other than the fact that I made you a serum without asking questions. In a little bit of an effort to diffuse some of the tangible tension I shrugged and offered him a lop-sided grin. I don't have any reason to hate you other than the fact you put my joint in the dirt...

That was likely the least of my troubles. I had enough weed to supply the entire city of Index for months. I remained exactly like I was, on the ground, wrapped up in my blanket and watching some wildlife.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:54 pm

She was dense. Really fucking dense. It isn't personal, it's instinctual. We've been enemies since the first battle. Centuries ago. You don't wonder why your stomach turned when you first saw me? The first battle, when Fae and wolf fought one another for years and years? I mean fuck it's basic knowledge. Maybe the Fae are gone, but you represent what is left of them. And you guys only decided to change your label recently, within this last year recently. Call yourselves whatever you want, witch, fae, mage, I don't give a fuck, that doesn't change what you are. It doesn't change that primal and instinctual urge to paint my coat a deep shade of crimson with your insides. I mean fuck, sorry if it upsets you that we can't be chummy but right now I would give my own fucking dick if it meant I could tear you inside out. Normally, I wouldn't even hesitate, and neither would any other wolf. Just like no sane mage would hesitate to kill a wolf that came onto their property asking for help. It was mage magic that made us enemies, and it wasn't some flashy light show in a cabin in the woods either. The king himself, both of our creators did that. The end was a lie, I knew now that Lilith, the King's partner in crime was the one that did that, but again, I was being fucking watched and I couldn't just go around telling people that. Not if I wanted to keep my head attached to my body. Plus who knew if she really did it, maybe the king did. I wasn't about to completely disregard the our own history because some fucked up vampire in flashy clothes told me otherwise. Not yet anyway.

My eyes had flared up, glowing a bright white. My claws had pushed through just from thinking about it. My fangs were emerging again too, talking about it made me want to say fuck it and give her a prime example of why we couldn't be best fucking buds. God her scent filled me, and the fact that my eyes had lit up, claws pushed through, and fangs appeared made me even more in tune with the wolf, which made it even harder to fucking keep my shit together.

So, maybe she hadn't encountered one of us before. That was entirely fucking possible. Maybe she hadn't been told about us, maybe she hadn't been given a reason to fear. Maybe she wasn't in tune with that instinctual fear. Fine, that was fucking believable. But what she said after had me craving her even more. What I was about to do would be a favor. Not that I owed her one, but it would be a lie if I said I was doing it strictly to teach her a lesson. The wolf was taking over and I was doing everything in my fucking power to put a leash on him.

In a second I had my clawed hand around her throat, her feet raised off the ground, and her back up against a wall, cutting off her air supply. This is why we are enemies! I snarled through my fangs. Because there is nothing better in my life, in any wolfs life than the sound of life slipping away from your kind. There is nothing more undeniably desirable than the taste of your blood and flesh, we yearn for it nearly as much as we yearn for life itself. I growled as that familiar tingle ran up my spine. Fuck no, I couldn't shift here, I still needed that fucking serum. FUCK. I quickly released her and took several large steps back away from her, until I was standing in her garden. I fell to all fours, my spine cracking and legs snapping the other direction. I growled as I fought it, it felt like it happened so fucking fast, but I caught it, and the shift reversed itself. I suddenly felt sick, so fucking sick like I had the worlds worse case of food poisoning while going through chemotherapy at the same time. My lunch was coming up, and it officially came up all over the place I had found her sitting when I arrived, before I could even pull myself to my feet.

I just stared at the ground, breathing rapid as my stomach tried to push more shit upwards but there was nothing left. I stumbled around as I pulled myself to my feet and wiped my mouth with the back of my hand. I kept my distance this time, refusing to get any closer to her, because this time I wouldn't have enough energy to reverse anything. Now do you get it? Now do you see why this trade is so fucking vital, not only for me, but for you and your fucking life here? What I'm offering you is the ability to continue living in ignorance of our kind. I suggest you fucking take it.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics