setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Wildlife.

[Private] Wildlife.

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Private] Wildlife.

Valla Satura |

Posted on Fri May 22, 2015 5:45 pm

Thread Details

Valla's Cabin | Sunny & Warm | 3:30 PM

OOC Message
style.

Cabin For Rent 1 bd
1 bath. No electricity.
$200/mo or $100/ mo
if you clean it up.
360-793-2354

I couldn't help but feel like the add in the Moneysaver I found at the gas station was meant for me and when I pulled up in front of the little cabin out in the woods my inclinations were confirmed. The cabin was set quite a ways from the highway that lead out of Index at the end of an unkempt dirt road that was barely wide enough to fit my rust-bucket down. The old man who had given me the keys had said it was roughly 10 miles out of town and a mile into the woods. I think his estimations were off but ... only by a little.

Through the boarded up windows and under a moss-covered roof, I could tell that the place was perfect. Hank, the man who owned the property, had told me that no one had been in it for over five years. This meant a handful of things.... bugs, rodents, and manual labor. After assuring him I was up for the task, the keys were mine and I headed out.

I spent two, whole days cleaning the place up. Unboarding windows, washing windows, clearing out weeds from around the foundation, sweeping, spraying, wiping, digging, washing until the place began to seem habitable. Surprisingly, the meager windows allowed for a lot of light to come through and in the back of the building were skylights which I intended to make my bedroom even though it was probably supposed to be an enclosed porch or something. I was never one to follow the rules. Besides, I really liked the idea of sleeping under the stars.

On the third day, I woke up early and began on the garden. There were several raised garden beds which I repaired  and cleaned out and with some tools I found in a small shed nearby, I began to work a plot of soil that I intended to start a vegetable garden in. The women at the hardware store where I had purchased the seeds tried to warn me that it was too late in the season to start anything except for fall crops, but I had a couple tricks up my sleeve.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Wildlife.

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Fri May 22, 2015 6:15 pm

I still hadn't checked to see what was on that flash drive. I carried it with me like it was a part of me, like I couldn't live without it, but at the same time I couldn't even look at it without feeling like my stomach was flipping upside down. I constantly slid my hand over the pocket in my jeans to make sure it was there, so much you'd think the damned thing was a drug and I couldn't live without feeling the shape of it behind the fabric. I wasn't afraid of the truth, not as much as I was afraid of what the truth would mean for me and my wolves. Maybe that was why I hadn't checked to see what was on the flash drive. I also had to consider the fact that a vampire had given it to me, one that apparently ran the organization that tortured me for a week straight and force fed me gallons of vampire blood.  Could I even trust him? No, I couldn't trust anyone, not anymore. Especially vampires, especially wolves.

Odin's journal was still missing, and oddly, as I walked on the path through the woods, the words of our newly turned wolf were ringing through my ears. I had more important things to focus on, to worry about, to dwell over, yet her voice, as annoying as it was, was still whispering sweet bullshit in my ear. I thought of her, of Peyton, Orion and Logan. I thought of the journal, and my week in that concentration camp of shit. I thought of the new scars covering my skin like I'd been thrown through a wood chipper, and the fact that physical pain didn't hurt me as much as it did before I took my little vacation. I thought of the wolf that I had banished and accepted back with open arms. I thought of my leadership, and the little piece of paper tucked into my guitar back home that logged many surrounding nest locations in our area. I thought of it all, but it was the words of that new wolf that stuck out like a sore thumb. Was keeping the truth from everyone, including myself worse than the alternative? There was another question, one that was even bigger than the previous. Why?

I had wandered the outskirts of the district of mage homes for what felt like hours. Going into their territory in human form, hell, even wolf form was suicide. But I needed answers, and unfortunately, I couldn't seek the aid of my spiritual leader this time. Her magic wasn't strong enough, and she couldn't know the truth. Not yet. I eventually talked myself out of it. I wasn't ready, I hadn't thought it through, and I escaped the outskirts of their living quarters. My feet carried me away, their scent fading with each step I took, until eventually, I couldn't smell mage at all. That was until now.

The smell wasn't strong, from what I could tell, there was only one. But if I knew anything, that was if I could smell it, then it could sense me. Maybe this was a sign from the gods, from my ancestors. That I couldn't escape this task, and that I needed to follow through. It was just one mage, and I was just one wolf, an alpha. The odds were in my favor if things went south. I had hope though, which was out of place considering the past couple of weeks I'd had. Considering the past few years I'd had... The truth. I was going to try it, and if it failed I would be sure to let that new blood of ours hear about it later. But I couldn't let myself escape this opportunity. I just couldn't.

I didn't hide, I didn't tread lightly, if anything I tried to make as much noise as possible without seeming abnormally noisy. Anything to show it I wasn't hunting, and as I neared, I realized the it was indeed a she. I kept my hands in the pockets of my jeans, my mouth was salivating but my expression was calm. I wasn't going to be confrontational, I wasn't going to be pleasant, I was just going to be... Me. Everything inside of me was screaming for me to attack, but I fought past it, I kept my focus.

I kept my distance, but made sure to place myself in her line of sight. I didn't want to get too close, I didn't know how powerful she was, or if she would greet me with something fucking unnecessary like a fireball or some other crazy shit. I was just trying to be safe. I'm not going to start this shit with some kind of small talk. You know what I am, I know what you are, well enough anyway that we both know neither of us want to be in eachother's company. I started, and cleared my throat, making sure to keep my distance still, and my hands in my pockets. But I was passing by, and I caught your scent. I'm not here to fight, and believe me, I wouldn't be here unless it was really damned important. I need... A favor, and in turn, I can give you one. I stood there, my eyes glued to her like white on rice. I was prepared for things to go badly, but hell I was hoping it wouldn't.

Back to top Go down

Valla Satura |

Posted on Fri May 22, 2015 6:45 pm

With my hands in the soil, I felt at home more than I ever felt inside any building. The tips of my hands were like dousing rods; I could feel the Earth's vibrations in the little bones that made up my fingers and they reverberated up the metacarpals in my hands and rattled the pebble-like bones in my wrists and through gifts bestowed to me through genetics alone, I harnessed the unlimited energy and forced it into the ground surrounding the tiny seed that had not even begun to germinate. The dirt grew warm and I could feel it shift to accommodate the life I was creating under the surface and when I opened my eyes, the tiny sprout of a tomato plant saw light for the first time and its little leaves, so delicate and tender, unfurled and opened up to the sun that filtered through the forest canopy. The growth continued until the sound of a man's voice interrupted my concentration and I pulled my hands away from the ground immediately and settled back onto my heels.

When I looked up and saw the creature in front of me I couldn't help but be startled. I was out in the middle of the woods. I had expected that visitors would be few and far in between. I wouldn't get any Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses out here. Perhaps what surprised me more than his arrival were the words that came out of his mouth. I made no effort to move from where I was, kneeling in the rows of my new garden, my palms resting on the tops of my bare thighs. I allowed several moments to pass before I spoke to him.

I wasn't absolutely certain of what he was, in all honesty, but I could feel him in my blood. It was a sensation that ebbed with each beat of my heart pulsing in my chest and echoed out to the most distal veins in my toes and fingertips. My grandmother and my mother had both told me stories of the other creatures that existed in this world and about their experiences with them but I had always been shielded from them and so... aside from other mages, this was my first contact with another supernatural. With a fair bit of assumption, I noted his scars and the intensity of his eyes... and the fact that he had 'caught my scent' and determined that he must have been a wolf. The fact that he seemed so certain he knew what I was concerned me more than this, however. His words were enough for me to decipher he was uneasy and so I remained on my knees, non-threatening and I kept the muscles in my face soft and relaxed.

By just a few degrees, I tilted my head and spoke softly; just above a whisper but barely conversational. I held up my hands, showing him my palms in a display of surrender if only to put him at ease. The last thing I needed was an agitated werewolf at my throat. I'm not going to hurt you... what kind of favor? Index was becoming more and more interesting every day.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:42 pm

Again, I had no clue what I expected. But considering she hadn't attacked yet was a good sign. Maybe she'd want to listen to what I had to say, maybe she'd at least be willing to hear me out. I really didn't want this encounter to go sour. I really didn't want to scare her into doing what I asked, but if I had to, then I had to. But so far, so good, it seemed maybe she might be willing to help anyway. If anything, I was more worried about my own control than I was her lashing out. I wasn't sure if I could be in her presence for much longer, I wasn't sure I could hold it together. She smelled so fucking enticing. It took everything I had to keep from shifting. I could hear her heart beating and fuck... I just wanted to turn her body inside out but I couldn't. It was then when I realized I had my fists balled so tightly my knuckles were white and finger nails were digging into the skin on my palms. My teeth had been grinding and fuck... This sucked.

A serum. I spoke, trying to relax but failing miserably. I need a mage that can conjure me up some kind of truth serum... I can pay, not in money, but in safety assurance. I'm not here to hurt you, but I can't promise the rest of my pack will be so reserved. I really could promise her safety, what I couldn't do was keep an eye on my wolves twenty-four fucking seven. My pack was huge, all I could do was my best, and I intended to, if she could promise me this one thing. I need it soon too, very soon, and enough for at least three people. Can you do it?

Back to top Go down

Valla Satura |

Posted on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:04 pm

The desperation he exuded found me tilting my head and narrowing my eyes just a little. There was something inside of me, tugging on my guts that told me to get to my feet. So, slowly, I obliged the instinct. One foot at a time, I pushed myself upright, my hands still showing my palms in an internationally recognized gesture of surrender. Before I could even reply to his question, I had my own that needed to be answered.

Protection? Do I need protecting? What, exactly, would you be assuring my safety from?  My eyes wandered over him and though he had plenty admirable qualities -- like the shade of his eyes, his dark hair... his body. There were warning signs. The muscles in his forearms tensed and he was holding his fists in such a way that made me realize that I might need 'safety assurance' from him. I took one step back and found comfort in the idea of putting more distance between us. ...And what if I say that I can't do it? What happens then?

I suddenly felt like Little Red Riding Hood without the comfort of knowing the woodsman was just over the hill. I tried to take a visual inventory of whatever I had around me without looking completely suspicious. He would have to be blind, however, to be unaware of how nervous I had become. I held it together, my voice, at the very least remained steady.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics