setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Tents - Page 2

[Private] Tents

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Tents

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:50 pm

I smiled, but my throat was tense. My smile quickly turned into a small laugh and I shrugged my shoulders. Some, yes. Others not so much. Why do you ask? It was a strange question. I typically tried to avoid expressing my fondness for a specific group of people, especially when it left others out. I suppose I did not really have a type, or maybe I did but I just chose to not acknowledge it. The conversation probably would have made me feel uncomfortable in any other situation but... I was feeling oddly relaxed, odd because I was laying on the rock solid floor of the tent in unpleasant temperatures. However it raised a question in my mind, one that I felt we were both relaxed enough to discuss.

I have a question for you... What happened? With you and, Jesse I mean. I had been wondering the details, and if the conversation went sour, I could always rely on the effects of alcohol to help me forget about it in the morning.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:23 am

I frowned at Helios laugh, and then smirked myself when I thought I'd figured it out. Was he trying to play it off or something? Quote Begin Y'know, that girl from earlier, I thought you liked her or something because you, it was this look you gave her. The blonde one. The girl, I mean, not your look. The blonde girl. Quote End I added for clarification, still waiting to see if Helios would admit to it with a mixed feeling of curiosity.. and another weird feeling I couldn't quite place.

When Helios asked his question I groaned and rolled my eyes, letting myself roll onto my back. I glared up at the top of the tent, not angry at Helios, but at the whole break-up situation. Quote Begin We broke up. That's what happened.Quote End I bit out, unable to stop the rage and hurt inside me welling up. The anger broke through because it was easier to deal with than any of the other emotions. Quote Begin I dunno, it was because he thought I wasn't ready or some shit,  maybe I wasn't good enough for him or whatever, I dunno.Quote End I gritted my teeth shrugged, the sleeping bags audibly moving underneath me. Jesse had said I needed to focus on me, but since it had happened I'd had so much time on my own to think, I'd become sure it was something else, and sure that something else was the lack of sex. I was sure it couldn't be a coincidence that him finding out why I'd been so reluctant had happened right before he decided he wanted to end it. And although we never actually did it, we did some stuff and I couldn't help bitterly wondering if it just hadn't been good enough for Jesse. What if I'd become bad at that too? I glanced back to Helios, still feeling weirdly relaxed, but without the high I'd had before. Quote Begin I mean he said he wanted to be friends... but..  didn't he seem kind of weird earlier? When we were toasting marshmallows?Quote End

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:55 am

I realized what he was talking about. I just shrugged my shoulders. She was attractive, yes. Did you not think so? It was not necessarily a lie, but it would be wrong of me to pretend that it was the whole truth. I did not exactly like keeping things from Lenny, especially trivial things such as this, but, hysteria was a possibility if I spoke freely about it. It did not matter, the little I did speak of it was true, she was an attractive woman, and I had no reason to think anything more or less of her. The strange emotion coming over me, the emotion that was so vague and barely detectable, and her arrival with drinks could have easily been a coincidence, and for now, I was going to accept that and hope that it was the truth. No matter how long you did what I did, it never felt completely right to take out a supernatural that you had met previously in a more casual setting. It felt morally right, but just... Strange.

My alcohol fueled question could have been inappropriate. However it may not have been. It was far too complex a situation, Lenny and I, for me to always make the proper call when it came to personal questions. His first response to my question was something I had already gathered, but I had a feeling there was more to it, so I just waited for him to elaborate further, and surely, he did. I do not know if I entirely believe or agree with that. You are good enough for anyone, Lenny. I rolled back onto my back and just like him, I stared at the ceiling of the tent.

He did. I admitted. I am not expert on love, lust, romantic, or even friendly relationships, but I am not completely blind to the way they work. Staying friends can be hard once you've shared a time of intimacy. Maybe it will just take him a bit of time to become completely comfortable with it?

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:31 am

I wasn't expecting a straight answer, or for the question to be flipped back at me. I twisted my neck to stare back at Helios, my mouth slightly open, before I remembered to reply. Quote Begin Uh.. yeah, I guess? She was pretty but... I don't think I like blondes so much. They seem kind of.. uh, I can't think of the word. Sort of.. innocent, no, not innocent, kind of that I guess, but more. not strong.. fragid? Fragile! I think... something like that. Quote End I sniffed and shook the thought out of my head.

When Helios tried to tell me I was good enough for anyone, I let out a snort of derision. Maybe it was nice of Helios to think it, but it wasn't true and him saying it actually made me more angry than anything. If it was true, things wouldn't have gone so wrong. Quote Begin What, except Jesse? And I don't know why he needs time when it was him that ended it.Quote End I said, still so bitter. I lifted my hands up to start picking at my nails, glad for my sweater and not getting changed as I was still reasonably warm.

I glanced back to Helios from my nails, watching the shadows the small light created on his face. Quote Begin I dunno about an expert, but I think you're a good friend.Quote End I said, quietly, mulling over another question that had come into my mind. Helios had said he wasn't an expert about relationships, but I still assumed he knew more than I did. In my mind he still had the answer to so many things. He was so clever it seemed impossible that he didn't know. I went quiet as I thought over the question, and then shifted a little to glance over to him properly. If anyone could give me an honest answer about the question on my mind, it would be him.

Quote Begin Hey, Helios... would you... if someone gave bad blowjobs, would you break up with them?Quote End I asked, frowning at him with seriousness.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:53 am

Fair enough. I smirked, wondering what could be so fragile about a woman with lighter toned hair. I could not exactly understand what would bring him to that conclusion, but I suppose everyone had their preferences and reasons for them, no matter odd those reasons were. Maybe most of the blonde women he had met in his past emitted this feeling of fragility, maybe that was what brought him to his opinion of blonde women. I tried to let it go and not think about it, but I was having such a hard time understanding why. Not that I doubted him, I just did not understand.

Luckily he spoke again. There was a bit of hostility in his tone. The subject, clearly being a painful and unpleasant one was definitely not something I wanted to touch on too deeply. We had had a lovely night, and I would hate to be the one to put a damper on the trip just as it was reaching it's peak. Sometimes... I cleared my throat, pulling thoughts from my own personal experiences, maybe not romantic ones, but valid experiences nonetheless. Ending a relationship is not something someone exactly wants to do, but rather feels they need to do for the sake of themselves, or the other person. I rolled back over to my side and pushed my sleeves up. I was not hot, but the air felt nice on the skin that had been shielded from it for most of the night. What he said next was not nearly as comforting as most would think. I smiled anyway, knowing deep down just how dangerous I could be as a friend to anyone. Thank you, I think you are too.

My eyes caught a light in the distance, and the sound of laughter and voices. It had me distracted, and smiling. This had turned out better than I had expected. I took in a deep breath, but Lenny's words had me coughing on my own saliva. I... It caught me off guard, it had completely caught me off guard and I had no idea how to answer that question. So I just opened my mouth and spoke. I suppose... I... I would not? That seems like a rather shallow reason to break up with someone. If anything I would consider that an excuse to cover up the true reason for breaking up with someone. However if it was a serious problem, and it meant a lot to me, I would try and communicate the um... I placed my fist over my mouth to clear my throat, Problem with my partner, and maybe try and teach them of ways they could... I cleared my throat again. Improve on their um... Blow jobs.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics