setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Tents - Page 6

[Private] Tents

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Tents

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:31 pm

OOC Message
I'm so sorry if this post sucks lol. I'm so tired, but also soooo in the mood to post randomly so, idk. RP problems I guess. XD

I myself prefer pen and paper, but the computer is a viable option if that is what you would prefer. Of course I am sure there are other things you could do to help as well, I just cannot list any off the top of my head. I will look into it the next time I am in my office. It was not like I went out every night and came back injured, but it was not like I came back completely unscathed a lot of the time either. The thought of Lenny in my office doing paperwork meant I would most likely see more of him, which was not a bad thing, I just wondered if he could handle the sight of blood. I wondered if he could understand how it was just a part of my job. I could not have him becoming frantic every time I showed up with a limp or a scratch. Then again I suppose it just took time for people to become comfortable with it. That was something I was willing to give him.

His laughter was contagious, but it only enhanced the tone in my cheeks. I laughed out of disgust. How could I have been so oblivious to something so incredibly obvious? The way his mind had gone straight to the obvious that day, but mine did not just proved out different we could be sometimes. I thought I was hungry, until you reminded me that I put my face that close to that hole... Now I am not sure. I laughed, but quickly tried to change my focus to his tattoo because the entire thought was embarrassing. That turned out very nice, and actually seeing it has successfully revived my appetite. I found his choice in tattoo rather unique. It was perfect for him in every way. Well I do not think it is girly. I myself am not sure how a location on your body, a man's body, could be considered feminine but, I suppose people just see things differently.

My voice trailed off as I reached forward to feel his jeans. Weird? In what way? What a random question... I tried to avoid focusing on it too much and let my face light up in agreement at what he said next. Indeed, nothing to fear. I grinned and shifted my body to try and find a more comfortable position. That means everything. I grinned again, happy that our conversation had lead to somewhere pleasant once again. Cookies sound perfect. Now if only I could find the will to get myself out into that rain to empty my bladder, I might be able to find some comfort...

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:19 pm

I nodded, still pleasantly surprised at the new opportunity. Quote Begin That sounds great, I mean, whatever it is. I just wanna help. I wanna do something.Quote End While usually I tried to do as little as possible when work was involved, that time it was different. This involved him, and taking him down. If I could help to bring down the monster that had affected Helios and I's lives so much then I'd do all I could. I was actually beginning to feel excited about the prospect of getting more involved - nervous, but still excited. I wasn't going to just sit back and feel useless any more. More than that, if there was going to be a place I'd be safe, wouldn't it be with people who hunted the creatures for a job?

I was still laughing, but somehow I managed to stop, even if I couldn't shake the grin off my face. Quote Begin Yeah..Quote End I said after a pause, waiting to see how I felt, Quote Begin I'm still hungry, even after that. And I mean.. at least you didn't actually put your face against the hole. That'd have been.. something totally different..Quote End I chuckled a little more to myself, just at the weirdness of Helios putting his mouth to a glory hole, before moving onto my tattoo.

Quote Begin Yeah, right? And that's what I said, but I think they were probably just jealous they didn't think of an ice-cream tattoo first. They've just got.. hearts and flowers and names and shit instead.Quote End I felt up my jeans a bit more, reaching my knees and frowning when the texture changed. Quote Begin Ohhh,Quote End I suddenly remembered, Quote Begin I sort of fell in the river earlier, it's probably that. Made my jeans all. rivery..Quote End I stopped feeling the material, convinced the mystery was solved, and dived across the tent towards my bag instead. Quote Begin I don't think I bought any spare. I was just gonna wear what I'm wearing tomorrow.Quote End I hadn't actually left enough time to pack was the real reason. I picked out a pair of socks among the other things I took out the bag, Quote Begin I've got fucking socks though? And - hey, found the cookies.Quote End I held up the bag, letting it rustle and throwing it towards Helios. I scooped up all the random shit from out of my bag and tried to return it before crawling back around to face Helios.

I opened the pack of cookies and picked one out for him. Quote Begin Here.Quote End I took one out for myself too and bit off a bite, glancing to the door of the tent. Thinking about Helios' need for a piss had me wondering what I'd do if I needed one. Quote Begin You could always just.. unzip the door and piss out the tent? I mean it's dark as fuck, nobody would know and then you wouldn't get too wet either. Or.. I dunno, have we got a bottle or shit in here somewhere?Quote End I said, reminded of when I was younger and times I'd been too lazy to get out of bed, or even more recently after injuries. The en suite to the room I'd stayed in when I was recovering at Durante's was out of order, but there'd been a small balcony with a few potted plants. It was gross, but.. if you didn't want to get up or go too far then it was perfect.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:16 pm

I nodded in agreement, trying to avoid letting my mind get too absorbed in thinking up every possible way he could be useful in the task, while at the same time avoiding danger. The truth was, being involved in any way was dangerous. However, Lenny was already in danger it seemed. The contact he had received proved that. It just made the seemingly impossible resolution of the matter far more pressing to obtain.

Yes... You are right... I thought back, remembering how close I had come to actually pressing my face against it. I wouldn't have, even if I was not informed of it's purpose. The thought of being that close however was enough to make my stomach tense in disgust. And butterflies, do not forget about butterflies. I grinned. I was just playing along, I did not see a problem in anyone getting any kind of tattoo, and I did not believe it defined them in any way. A man with a flower tattoo was no stranger than a woman with a skull tattoo or vice versa. It was hard for me to understand why any kind of tattoo could be considered feminine or masculine, and it made me question if maybe mine had ever been judged that way.

Rivery? I asked, knowing he meant wet. For some reason I was thinking he meant the texture of his pants, or... I was not sure what he meant to be completely honest, and the strange and random change of subject had me rather confused more than his description choice. Did you hit any rapids? I asked, suddenly wondering if anyone had actually been completely thrown off the raft. In fact, I had not inquired about the rafting trip at all, and was becoming even more curious how it was. Maybe it would be a nice way to head back home.

I don't have any spare clothing either. Even if I did plan to come on this trip I am not sure if I would have packed anything. It seems a tad redundant when we're out in the woods like this. Things are bound to get dirty. I talked, the end of my statement getting cut off as the bag of cookies hit me in the face. I gently placed it between us and wiped my eye before finding my content expression and wondering what I was even saying before it happened.

I took the cookie from him and tried to place the entire thing in my mouth before deciding it was too much to take in one bite and pulling it out half way to take a more manageable bite. Thank goodness you like your snacks. I grinned, and added a Thank you. to the end before shoving the rest of the cookie in my mouth. Trees are everywhere. I started, eyes widening as he mentioned a bottle. I'm sure I can find one to hide behind. Do you need to go before we get too settled in, in here? I sat up and started reaching for my shoes as I asked, ready to get the task over with so we could prepare for bed.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:34 pm

Quote Begin Yeah, butterflies too. And, uh.. Asian letters or something, the wiggly-line ones, loads of people have them. I never really thought about tattoos until I got one. I mean, never noticed them. But now I see them on so many people - it's so fucked I didn't before. Mine's still better though. I haven't seen anyone else with that.Quote End

I sat up, or attempted to sit up straighter, fighting a yawn. Quote Begin Yeah, rivery, y'know, because.. the river.Quote End I couldn't understand why Helios wasn't getting that, it was simple enough. I blinked and tried to work out how to explain the wetness of my jeans when he asked. It seemed so stupid. Quote Begin Uhhh.. yeah, rapids, that's what it was.Quote End I started, averting my gaze from Helios and then looking back at him to check his reaction. I gave up trying to lie and groaned, Quote Begin Or.. well, not really rapids, we sorta just went over the river or shit, from one side to the other, and I kind of... tripped out of the boat when we'd crossed or something. But this guy kept moving the boat, it was his fault.Quote End I protested.

I could see Helios' point and nodded vaguely in agreement, but I was more interested in my re-found snacks. Quote Begin Doesn't everyone like snacks? Other people just forget about them or go on shitty healthy diets, but it's not like cookies are bad for you anyway.Quote End I rambled, half of what I said muffled through the cookie after I crammed it into my mouth so I could use my hands. I swallowed it down and groaned, rolling onto my side at the thought of moving. Quote Begin I guuuess.Quote End I said, voice drawn out and whiny. It did make sense to go before we'd properly settled to sleep in the tent and I didn't know if I wanted to venture out of the tent on my own later in the night. I pulled myself back into a sitting position though and reached for my boots, shoving my feet into them. I took the solar light too and shuffled towards the door of the tent, fiddling with the zipper before it opened.

Quote Begin Fuckk.Quote End I bit out sharply, half falling out of the tent onto my knees when the night air hit me. Quote Begin It's so fucking cold.Quote End I hugged my arms around myself and blearily got to my feet, swaying a little from the warm, relaxed and sleepy energy I'd gained in the tent. The coldness of outside definitely helped to wake me up though and I moved my feet, trying to keep some of the warmth. Standing had also made me aware of exactly how full my bladder was. Quote Begin Fuck.. it wouldn't be so bad if we just went here, right? It's probably colder away from the tent.Quote End I grumbled, feeling it was a good idea until I looked at the tents around us, a few of which had lights inside so the people inside were visible. Most were simply dark, their residents likely asleep, but there were obviously still others awake and it made me frown at my earlier suggestion.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:57 am

It is truly unique. I smirked, realizing that I had not exactly seen anyone with his tattoo before. I'd seen many dragonflies, butterflies, and the hanzi he spoke of. However I had never seen one quite like his. I had to wonder if he knew how inspiring that was. He followed no trend when he made his choice, he just got what he liked with no outside influences.

Oh okay, I understand. I nodded, but cocked my head to the side when he backtracked on his own statement. So no rapids then? I suppose that is good, with so much equipment on board rapids could potentially be a loss. It would have been fun though. - And I am sure it was no ones fault in particular. If anything, maybe it was the rivers fault?

Maybe not, in moderation. I grinned. I was never particularly a huge fan of the kinds of diets people went on, usually they were more unhealthy than healthy anyway. However his love for sweets could potentially be bad for him without some level of control, which I had to assume he had. He was not constantly eating something... Not quite...

I slipped my feet into my shoes, grabbed my jacket, and followed him out of the tent. I realized as I stepped out into the cold that I wanted nothing more than to get back inside and go to sleep. I was beginning to realize how tired I was, or maybe I was just longing for some sense of warmth. I could not exactly differentiate between the two. Maybe it was just the idea of my warm bed, it was the one thing I wanted most in that moment.

Oh I do not think that would be such a wise idea. Waking up to the smell of nature is quite nice, waking up to... that scent would not be quite as nice. I laughed as I started rushing towards the forest, unwilling to waste anymore time out in the cold than necessary.

I found myself a nice spot behind a tree to do my business, not too far from our tent, but far enough. I would have rushed back to the tent too, but I did not feel right about leaving Lenny out alone so I just moved to the other side of my tree and waited. I am starting to miss that fire...

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics