setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Tents - Page 3

[Private] Tents

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Tents

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:11 am

Quote Begin But why? If you don't want to end something, and you still like a person.. I just.. I don't get it. If someone's your friend, right, you wouldn't do anything that would hurt them? You don't end something if you care about someone. ...I dunno. I guess I never really got some of the stuff Jesse was saying when he just said it.Quote End I said, thinking back over the relationship. The things he said that I actually listened too, more often than not confused me, which was why I didn't listen to him much and preferred it when we didn't have to talk. Quote Begin Yeah? I guess that makes us good friends then.Quote End I said, stating the obvious. It was a marvel my words weren't slurring.

I leaned up further when Helios looked like he'd respond, shifting closer when he started coughing. Quote Begin Shit, are you okay?Quote End I asked, wondering if a random bug had flown into his mouth. That was soon forgotten when he started answering and I listened, enthralled. Quote Begin Huh.Quote End I said after he'd finished, thinking it over, Quote Begin Shit, that makes loads of sense. I mean, it's not.. he didn't use that as an excuse, I don't think I am..Quote End I trailed off, not exactly wanting to get into personal sexual experiences with Helios, Quote Begin But the way you said it, teaching and stuff, that sounds cool, almost makes me actually want a relationship.Quote End I'd always seen relationships as boring before, having to be stuck with the same person forever, but the way Helios explained it didn't make it sound so bad. But the issue was, if that hadn't been the problem, then why had Jesse broken up with me? I felt like there had to be some hidden reason that he hadn't wanted to tell me, but I couldn't figure it out.

At least if what Helios said was true, and it sounded sensible and plausible enough, I didn't have to worry about that any more. It was difficult not to doubt myself when I didn't know what was wrong, and considering what had happened especially, it had made sense. I thought over it a while longer, then glanced up at Helios again, Quote Begin I know you're a priest and shit, but.. what would you do.. or, I dunno, just what do you think anyone would do, if the other person couldn't have sex?Quote End I asked, and then realised something. A priest. A priest. It was always so easy for me to forget that's what Helios was when I was talking to him. Quote Begin Shit, wait, have you ever even had a blowjob?Quote End I blurted out, suddenly questioning how relevant Helios' answer had been after all.

Back to top Go down

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:04 am

Yes I suppose that is true. But sometimes situations like that tend to... I sighed, trying to think of how I should put this. It did not take too long for me to realize that, there was nothing for Lenny to gain if I explained the way I wanted to. In fact, it could potentially do more harm than good, and I definitely did not want that to happen. You know, you are right. It does not make sense. It would be unfair for me to compare my experiences to his in this particular situation anyway. They were simply nothing alike.

The mental imagery, unavoidable as it was, of Lenny doing... That, was... Uncomfortable. That word did not feel strong enough to explain how I felt. In fact, it did not even feel entirely accurate. I was not uncomfortable, but more out of my realm of understanding, unable to provide any sound advice. Luckily I was not required to. It seemed I had done something right and given him the response he was looking for. But then he said something, something that had me questioning his earlier explanation of what had happened between him and Jesse. My brows curled in confusion and I looked at him. You mean... You did not want a relationship before? It was the emphasis on that word, want. It was perfectly fine if he did not, but it would explain the way Jesse had been acting if that was the case. Even if it was not the case, there was nothing wrong with not knowing what he wanted. But clarity was the most important thing in a situation like this, and if he was not being clear with me, then perhaps he was not being clear with Jesse, perhaps he was not being clear with himself.

His next questions threw me, once again. Firstly, what compelled him to ask such a question? Secondly, well... I lowered my voice. I have experienced... Intimate encounters with several partners in my time. I do hope that does not make you think any less of me as a Priest, and... I do hope that does not news does not reach the ears of anyone else. However, never with anyone that I felt emotionally connected with. But, referring to your earlier question, as a priest I do not know if I could answer that question. It would also depend on the circumstances. Are they physically bound to celibacy? Or is it an emotional abstinence? I stopped, fully prepared to speak more on the subject, but realizing that Lenny was probably looking for a less complicated answer. If they were my partner, and they could not have sex, then I personally, and keep in mind here I am sure there are others that think differently, but I would stick by my partners side.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:30 am

With a smile, I nodded at Helios' agreement. Of course it made sense. If you cared about someone, you'd stay with them. That was the way I saw it.

But my smile faltered a little and I sighed a after Helios' question, not at Helios, but at myself. I met his confusion expression with one of my own, because it was hard to explain. Quote Begin No. .. I dunno, it's.. hard to explain, but I.. I never really wanted a relationship, but I didn't have a choice.Quote End I tried to explain, my reasoning disjointed. I frowned back at Helios and looked away, angry over the uselessness of it all. I'd needed a relationship to be able to try things, to see if I was okay with it.. maybe even 'work through stuff' like Jesse had said, only to be told I needed to work through things on my own instead. It was like I just couldn't win.

Talking about Helios was much more interesting than my lack of intimacy, but I couldn't help the first wash of surprise. Quote Begin Really?Quote End I asked, staring at him with disbelief as the thought slowly sunk into my reality. I rolled over, nearer to him, and leaned on my side, studying Helios as if seeing him differently. Quote Begin No, I won't tell anyone or anything and.. no.. I don't think less of you, I guess.. I dunno, it  makes you seem more real? Does that make sense? But.. fuck.. I didn't think that. ..is it a secret from the church then?Quote End Questioning Helios felt natural, natural inquisitiveness rather than out of meanness, and so much more interesting than trying to answer his questions. The problem with half of the questions I was asked, that I even asked myself, was that I just didn't have answers, or know how to put the answers into words. Quote Begin I.. uh, I don't think so.... Quote End I spoke slowly, having no idea if what I was talking about was emotional abstinence or physically bound to celibacy because I had no idea what they were. Quote Begin It's.. more.. I guess, if they just didn't want to. I mean, with a reason, but they didn't want to talk about the reason?Quote End I paused, picking at my fingernails in the gap between our bodies , my gaze on them rather than meeting Helios', Quote Begin Or if they just... didn't enjoy it anymore.Quote End I swallowed, thickly, feeling flushed. It was the first time I'd gone near admitting that to myself. I cleared my throat and glanced up. Quote Begin So, others might not do that then? They might not stick around?Quote End I asked, gathering that from what Helios had said. I sighed and rolled my eyes, Quote Begin Everything would be so much fucking easier if everyone was the same, or was like you.Quote End I muttered.

Back to top Go down

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:02 am

I opened my mouth to protest, and tell him he always had a choice. I had my own opinions on why he would feel he did not have a choice, but none of that mattered, because despite what he felt he did have a choice. But I immediately closed my mouth and nodded. I could not understand the kind of things that lead him to feel the way he did about it, as much as I wished I could understand, so I could give him some comforting advice. I did not understand, and pretending I did would not solve anything.

It would not bode well for my day job, no. To be fair, it would not bode well for my night job either. I must admit I have not done everything in my power to live up to code and law, unlike others in my line of work. Explaining the weight of my work the need for release would be an excuse. One that I was not willing to make. Even if I did receive proper punishment for my sinful acts, excuses were not something I could allow myself to make. But yes, I suppose it does make me more relatable. I smiled, feeling like that while the thing that made me more relatable was not something to be proud of, being relatable itself was.

In that case then I would still stick by them, and support and help them until they felt comfortable enough to explain why. In essence, I believe that is what a relationship is about. Two people supporting one another when times are hard, and enjoying each other when times are not. But of course there are so many factors that come into play with a situation like that, do the people involved love one another? Are they willing and able to put in the effort and time it would take to remedy the problem? There are so many factors I must admit, it would be hard to say for certain what I would do without knowing the details.

I went silent, nodding in agreement when I felt that I agreed, and just letting him speak. I was not entirely blind to what he was doing here, and maybe, had the conversation not been so relaxed and open this far, I might not have said what I was about to say next. Have you talked to anyone else about this Lenny? Anyone more experienced than I regarding situations like this?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:00 am

I frowned at Helios, stretching an arm alongside my head to lean on. Quote Begin I mean... I get the church thing, sort of, why they wouldn't like it or whatever. But why.. your other job, why'd they hate it? It's.. what you do, I mean.. it's fucking amazing, it's.. well, I dunno, I guess you're saving people's lives and shit, right? Helping people, and.. y'know, it's dangerous, so.. why do they care if you're.. fucking? Why does it matter? It's not going to change how you work, right?Quote End I asked, feeling slightly angry on Helios' behalf. It was better than what I'd felt before regarding the subject, Quote Begin Yeah, that. And.. before, when I thought you were just choosingnot to.. it.. I felt kind of pissed about it.Quote End I admitted.

Why did things have to be so complicated? It felt like both Helios and I had stuff to struggle with that we shouldn't have even had to struggle with. I nodded, slowly, at Helios' explanation. It all sounded so nice, so idyllic, exactly the sort of thing Dan had said partners did, but it stung more than anything. All the things that Helios had said were what I thought Jesse should have done, but it hadn't worked out that way. I hadn't even been able to tell him. I'd thought about it sometimes, but just the thought had made me feel physically sick. I'd been so sure that as soon as he knew, he wouldn't be interested in me any more... and yet it had all ended anyway without me even telling him. It was all so complicated.

My gaze snapped up to Helios and immediately I felt on guard. Quote Begin Who said I was talking about me?Quote End I said, immediately on the defensive. Throughout the conversation so far, I'd actually felt fine, but just the admittance that Helios knew it was me I'd been talking about, asking about. It was a completely different scenario to just talking hypothetically. I felt ready to bolt from the tent.

But then I stopped. Helios was still there. It seemed like he'd known it was me from the start, and he'd still stayed, and listened. I stared back at him, the strange, sleep calm from before returning as quickly as it had lifted, and I continued.

Quote Begin Yeah.Quote End I admitted, quietly, keeping Helios' gaze and not looking away. Quote Begin I... see a counselor..a therapist, sometimes, we've talked about it, I guess it's sort of helped.Quote End I chewed at the inside of my lip and shook my head, Quote Begin And he's great to talk to, but.. I feel like he knows I'm holding something back, and he thinks it's because I'm ashamed or shit, or I don't feel ready to talk about it. But... it's .. I've told him everything, everything except... the vampire stuff.Quote End I glanced to Helios, and then to his jacket against the tent wall behind him, Quote Begin So I can't tell him everything because.. fuck. I'd just get put in some crazy hospital or shit, and I can't even explain it to him.Quote End I snorted, at the irony, the stupid humour of the situation, and then fixed a more serious gaze on Helios. Quote Begin You.. I mean, if you feel, if you don't want to talk about certain stuff.. I get it, yeah? But it just feels like, when I talk to you, it's not just that you listen, but you understand everything better, not just small parts of it, but what actually happened. I mean, it's not Dan's fault he can't get it. Any therapist's going to be like that, it's just.. it sucks.Quote End I shrugged, a little miserable, and shifted on the bundle of blankets and odds and ends again. Quote Begin What about you? I mean, the stuff you do, and see and stuff.. do you have someone to talk to about it?Quote End

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics