setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Settling In

[Private] Settling In

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Private] Settling In

Olivier Ngouabi | Wolf; Warrior/Fighter

Posted on Sun May 10, 2015 10:34 am

Thread Details

Nate and Olly's Cabin | Overcast | Afternoon

The gradual sound of an irritating buzzing filled my ears, followed by a high-pitched chirp that practically rattled through my damn head. I scowled; dropping the box I was leafing through back onto the bed and headed over to the window.  The older wood creaked and protested as I pulled it down but just applied more pressure until the wood gave a little and I was able to slam it shut. I was all for nature... to an extent, but whatever insect was outside was obviously one of God’s mistakes. Or something put here just to annoy a poor brother trying to unpack his crap. 

I leaned against the window-frame and peered outside, taking in again what was pretty much our new home- for now anyway. I didn’t know if it would work out here but I’d moved down knowing that I was stepping into the middle of a kinda messed up situation. But that was part of what had intrigued me in the first place. But now that I was actually here... it was like the scope of it hit me a little more. The weather sucked but I was already used to that, though maybe not bad weather to the point of having wet, overcast days in what was technically the first month of summer. Maybe a few roadtrips down to California were in order this summer. 

A grin spread across my face as the idea overtook and I strode over to the door, pulling it open and shouting out for my friend. Yo, Keme where the hell are you man? I stepped out, leaving the door to my room open behind me and waiting for a response.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Settling In

Nathaniel Blake |

Posted on Mon May 11, 2015 7:36 am

OOC Message

My first task of moving in and unpacking had been to find my old stereo amidst the boxes of clothes and belongings, and lug it out to the studio behind the cabin.

The more time I spent in the studio, the more I felt I could just live in there. If my king sized bed had fitted into the space my contemplating would have become reality, but as it was the machinery and workbenches meant there wasn't a bed-shaped space available. Unless I got a small couch in there, or just slept on the workbenches or floor, which knowing my habits and maybe a dash of alcohol here or there, would probably end up happening at some point.

While I was setting up the wires and arranging the best place for the speakers, my own headphones were blaring out Anthrax into my ears. With a dusting off of my hands, I stepped back and admired my work, and then the workshop around me with a lazy smile. It wouldn't be too difficult seeing this place as home.

My headphones were still at the highest volume as I stepped back into the house - half of my job done. When I'd found the much nicer sound system I'd be able to crank the volume up on that, and my headphones could be folded up into the depths of some drawer where they'd belong.

I walked in through the kitchen area, nudging one of the chairs out of the way and proceeding to one of the set of stairs the house had. They both climbed up on opposite sides of the house - this one closer to the bedroom that would be Aedus', and the other to the upper floor balcony area that would be my 'bedroom', a narrow corridor in between them, which the bedroom and bathroom were off.

My boots scuffed up the stone steps and as soon as I reached the top, I saw Aeds - or Olly, if we were around humans, waiting around expectantly. I shucked my headphones off my ears and let them rest round my neck. Quote Begin Hey? Finished unpacking your shit already?Quote End I moved my gum from one side of my cheek to the other, scratching at my head and mussing my hair all over the place to get at the itch. I felt covered in the layer of dust the workshop had been coated in - whatever douchebag who'd lived here before obviously hadn't used it much, and I looked forward to replacing that dust with metal shavings, filings and sawdust. I thumbed towards the staircase I'd just come up. Quote Begin I got the workshop set up with sound.Quote End I tapped my headphones and walked past Aeds, expecting him to follow me out onto the balcony area that overlooked what was probably the main 'living' area.

Quote Begin Just need to decide where to set up the decent sound system, in here,Quote End Which I'd been planning on doing seeing as I'd be sleeping there, but I wanted it to look as if I was giving Aeds a choice in the matter, Quote Begin Or out near the kitchen. Whichever's best for the house-warming party we need to throw. Get to know the pack, and what the bitches round here have to offer... I bet the poor wolves round here could do with a party after all the shit that's gone down. What better way to get in with this part of the pack?Quote End I slapped my arm at his shoulder, imagining the room below full of dancing bodies with a feral grin, especially the barely clothed, female portion of those bodies. Currently all that was actually down below was my bed-frame, mattress and a pile of boxes, all waiting near the front door while I'd been focusing on more important tasks and checking out the area around the cabin. I glanced to Aeds, one eyebrow raised. Quote Begin The legitimate part of the pack anyway. If they're not all dancing around like fairies and spouting feminism lesbo garbage by now.Quote End I snorted. A female warlord had been bad enough, and since hearing that she was also stand-in pack master, I just had to shake my head, teeth bared, and wonder what the pack was coming to.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun May 17, 2015 10:49 am

The sound of boots on the steps preceded their owner up the stairs and I crossed my arms, doing my best to keep patient. It wasn't that I had any reason to be impatient but I was just... fuck it, I felt itchy from the move, the feeling of layers of grime and dried in sweat on my skin was annoying as hell and it was the fact that I didn't feel like I was getting anywhere with it that made up the proverbial cherry on top of a sundae made of crap.

At least it was easy not to take any of that crap out on the dude now in front of me. I rolled my eyes at his question and glanced back towards the warzone that was my room-to-be. You kidding? I'm thinking the ETA on being done with that shit is like a month from now if I'm lucky. Right now I'm just looking for the box I packed my damn jocks in, need underwear for that interview with the fire chief tomorrow. Start making some monayy. Which was definitely a priority if I was gonna afford express shipping on all the things I hadn't trusted to leave behind. Like my oldest, most worn in tools and amrouring equipment. I'd left that shit with my pops knowing he'd respect it.

Speaking of which... Nice, good to know you're on top of the important shit. I woulda helped but y'know not chaffing at a job interview is pretty important too. I joked, throwing him a grin while part of my mind was actually worrying over the possibility of having left that one fucking box behind. Keme was my bro and all but I sure as hell wouldn't extend that friendship to the type that was cool with underwear borrowing.

I follow Keme out, making myself pay attention to what he was saying and then realizing I might as well not have. Eh, you know I won't care as long as it goes fucking loud man. I shrugged and followed his gaze, looking down and the living area and the assorted junk taking up floor space. I'm more concerned with getting my plasma up in this bitch. Hook the surround up to that and get the PS4 in... I trailed off, actually paying attention when I realized he'd mentioned bitches. Yeah, okay forget what I just said because there no way my plasma going anywhere near a bunch of sloppy, drunk-ass wolves. Party first, then I'll see about the entertainment systems. Hopefully the she-wolves around here are 'entertaining' enough to be worthy substitutes 'til then. I grinned, looking forward to a proper welcoming shindig, especially if the wolves here got anywhere as crazy as what I'd remembered from the night I'd been here for the ritual.

My gaze snapped back to him when his words took a more negative turn but I kept my mouth shut. I didn't disagree or anything... there was some weird shit going on with the leadership of this pack. But it just didn't really get to me either, like if it didn't directly affect me then whatever man, make stupid ass decisions about letting chicks achieve rank. Yeah man, s'weird as shit ain't gonna disagree about that. It'd have been better if they'd at least given the position to some uggo instead of someone not exactly bad looking. No way was I gonna listen to a bitch if I was actually thinking of highly enjoyable ways of shutting her up.

Back to top Go down

Nathaniel Blake |

Posted on Wed May 20, 2015 8:48 am

I raised an eyebrow at Aeds, shaking my head. Quote Begin How much shit do you have? And just go commando. Who the fuck cares about that shit anyway? Unless you're gonna be a fireman stripper and hadn't got round to telling me.Quote End I barked out a short laugh at that thought and shrugged the matter off, having more important things to deal with.

Quote Begin You're gonna need that cash though Aeds, because if we're gonna throw a party, we're going to throw a fucking party.Quote End I smirked widely, eyes narrowing as I started to put it all together in my head. I let my hungry gaze roam the room below, and then started to climb down the stairs. Quote Begin From what I've heard about the she-wolves down here we'll have more than enough entertainment, so the plasma can wait. Until the next game anyway. Quote End I shot a smirk at Aedus and then brushed past him.

Continuing down the wooden steps, I passed my bed frame and opted to sit down on the couch, folding my arms behind my head and relaxing. Quote Begin That bar you were talking about, we can source all the beer from there. Keep it wolf business. Quote End I cracked my gum, rolling my eyes at the thought of the female stand-in alpha. Quote Begin Don't think anyone could disagree with it. But I don't even give a shit about it - unless some bitch thinks she's going to tell me what to do or when to train, because I'm not taking any orders from a chick.Quote End I laughed, loudly, chewing my gum almost obscenely with my mouth open. Quote Begin If any of 'em like training so much, I've got something they can train on.. right here.Quote End I pointed down to my crotch, grinning wickedly. I didn't have anything personally against this female who'd been given the position, but it wouldn't take much for it to be personal. Just the thought of the pack suddenly changing on some rules - deciding on a female warlord just like that, and then her being appointed stand-in alpha... It was fucking up the way the pack had been for decades and I didn't like it, but most of all, I couldn't help the bitterness over how unfair it was that this change could be made, when others hadn't.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu May 21, 2015 3:57 am

Don't think it's a question of having too much crap bro, but a lack of patience when it comes to putting that crap away. We need a maid so I can just lay on my bed while she sorts all that out. Shit, I'd pay her extra so she'd wear one of those little outfits while she did it. My voice kinda trailed off a little from there as my mind got a little fixated on the idea, but I managed to shake myself out of it. Any other day I would but can't wear sweats to an interview. I stopped, gaze narrowing at the whole stripper thing and just glaring at him for a minute. Whatever man, like you wouldn't be front row for my fucking debut to shower me in singles. I glanced back toward my room, figuring that if I was gonna find them now I could find them later instead too. I needed a break anyway.

Shittt, if you say so. I mean if they are wild then you know we're gonna be the ones who find out. Bet they'd just love themselves a bit o' fresh meat. I smirked, already thinking ahead to the night when we'd throw the party. Fuck, was I even going to be able to think about anything else until then? I'd always loved a good party and never got caught up in the stress of throwing your own, fuck that shit. So when we doing this thing? Since it'd been his idea I'd let him decide on that sorta shit- it was better off like that since I was shit with details and planning shit. My struggle to unpack my crap was just one proof of that.

Dunno if we'd get the booze for free but I bet we'd for sure get some kinda sizable discount on it. Like back home where you'd get those big ass kegs for like fifty bucks. Shit, I'd even get one of the guys to drive a couple down, more beer ain't gonna hurt anyone. Y'know 'cept anyway who got too drunk and hurt themselves, but that'd be their own goddamned fault anyway.

When Keme was settled on the couch I made my own way downstairs, heading straight for the kitchen and hunting out that bag of food I'd grabbed earlier. The chip and other junky stuff I'd gotten wasn't a substitute for real food but I was tired and it would do until I could get my ass outta the cabin again. I strolled back towards the couch and let myself practically fall onto it, stretching out my legs and grabbing the first bag of chips my hand touched outta the grocery bag, then putting it between us on the couch so Keme could take whatever he wanted from it. Fuck, only kinda orders I'd take from a bitch are the kinky kind so I'm with you there. I agreed, laughing when he went continued. Oh man, if you're gonna tell her that then do it when I'm there. From what I heard when I was down here before she's pretty fucking uptight. Bet I could change that though. I leered at the thought, betting I'd just need five minutes alone with anyone to show them the benefits of loosening the fuck up. It's like having a challenge while still being surrounded by easy pickings. I joked, even though I knew that in reality I'd stick with the other she-wolves. It was just the whole idea of a chick being stronger than me, even if it was just because of a rank thing. I didn't care how hot she was that was just too weird for me, but that didn't mean I wouldn't mess about and talk shit about it. That was half the fun anyway.

I dug further into the bag of chip and shoved and handful into my mouth, stomach rumbling even as I ate already eager for the food. What I wouldn't give for a big, fuck-off sized burger right now. I'd attack that shit like a fucking animal. I swallowed the chunk of chewed potato chips and turned to Keme again. So you looked around about work? There a shitload of building projects 'round here what with the place developing and shit, bet it'd be easy for you to find something. Another handle of chips went in to replace the last lot and I spoke again, talking around the food in my mouth, turning my head to avoid spraying crumbs. Or you just gonna chill out and make stuff? It's crazy how much you can sell one of those things for. I said, shaking my head and wondering what the deal with 'art' stuff was and why people spent so much on it.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics