setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Season Ticket - Page 2

[Private] Season Ticket

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Season Ticket

Avery Marx |

Posted on Thu May 07, 2015 1:45 pm

As much as I'd always wanted Lenny to quit smoking, I didn't enjoy seeing him handed an ultimatum about it. Not when it was obviously causing him so much distress. Quitting something bad for you was just... easier when you'd naturally come to decide that your life would be better without it. I get that you're unhappy about this but it's not the end of the world. Maybe in a years time you'll look back on this as a good thing? I patted his shoulder in a conciliatory way, actually understanding how he felt more than he knew. Or at least more than her seemed to remember how I might understand. I'll help you in any way I can. Oh, and maybe you could get one of those electronic cigarettes? Just so you don't have to go cold turkey. I said, knowing even as I suggested it that those electric ones weren't a permanent solution. He'd still have to quit properly and for good.

His smile and even the simple, one-worded response he gave me caused a wave of relief to sweep through me. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been a little worried that he might object to what I'd said, about helping him out. But he'd helped me in ways that I didn't think he'd even realized. Yeah. I affirmed, smiling more brightly at him now. You're stuck with me whether you like it or not. I joked. It felt like some of the doom and gloom of the situation was falling away and I wasn't sure if that was because we were nearly out of the hospital or just because we were together and okay with each other again.

Yes, definitely. I told you there was nothing to worry about. But- I paused, looking down and feeling a little abashed, though a slight smile still pulled at my lips. -thanks for insisting on it anyway. It's nice knowing there's someone looking out for you. Looks like I'm not the only mother hen in this friendship. I teased and this time it was me brushing my shoulder against his with a playful bump.

I nodded when he started listing off the things he needed, already pulling out my phone and getting the taxi number back up from the recent calls list. Shouldn't be a problem. Chinese takeout okay? I can call in an order after the taxi and we can pick it up on the way home. I said, not really asking because I'd never heard Lenny complain about it before. If anything it was usually me doing the complaining about take out food and it being unhealthy, but tonight the treat was necessary. Plus our usual place stayed open pretty much all night. I stepped away from the reception, making the calls I needed to and then waiting for Lenny when I was done. Weariness was starting to hit me now, reminding me of all the night of troubled sleep I'd had recently. I probably looked like crap, the blossoming bruise on my face most likely just completing the overall effect.

Lenny's voice pulled me out of my thoughts, a sigh of relief leaving me when he said he was done. That's great! The taxi's outside and by the time we get there the food should be ready to go. I fell into step beside him and headed for the exit, shivering a little against the cold air when the doors opened and wishing I'd brought a coat. I stopped the taxi waiting where the driver had said when he'd called to let me know he was there, heading forward and not hesitating before hopping in. I left the door open, peering out and waiting for Lenny to get in too.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Mon May 11, 2015 5:33 am

In a years time... the phrase stuck in my mind and I frowned. It might seem stupid, but I had difficulty thinking too much about the future. In some way it still felt like I might not have one if I thought about it much - which was why I didn't. Quote Begin It's weird thinking about the future.Quote End I thought out loud, letting out a loud sigh as I shrugged. Slowly, I nodded at Avery as I began to face the fact I didn't have much choice. That was what I hated the most. Quote Begin Yeah.... and they'll probably give me a load of shitty advice leaflets with whatever else they have for me at reception too. I guess.. I want to smoke, but.. I've got to see it as I don't want to fuck myself up like that doctor said more than that.Quote End I said, trying to get myself on line with that thought. It didn't stop either of the options being as shit as they were though. Be healthier but no smoking, or keep smoking and end up in hospital again at some point in the probably near future.

I smiled but tried to hide it, shrugging and uselessly avoiding looking at Avery in case it made me smile more. Quote Begin What've hens got to do with it?Quote End I muttered, obviously uncomfortable with the caring stuff when it seemed so full on. It at least had an upside - Avery being up for Chinese takeout - and I quickly just nodded and didn't say anything, just in case she remembered all the reasons she usually had as to why we shouldn't get it.

As well as too many stupid papers, the nurse handed me a spirometer, which I glared at, and then my prescriptions on top of it.

I carried them awkwardly towards the taxi, not bothering to try and walk normally or quickly with need to get home or even reply to Avery while I walked, because they all just made me feel breathless. I paused at the taxi door too, remembering the awkwardness of rib injuries all too well and how much they interfered with 'normal' activities. I threw what I was carrying inside towards Avery first. Then, after a slow, deep breath, I gritted my teeth and angled myself into the car with one hand gripping the lip of the door, but the motion of leaning down made my side ache even through the haze of the pain killers.

I gave up with the going gently halfway through and basically heaved myself into the taxi, hitting the seat hard enough to jar my ribs. It was worth it though, in that I didn't have any extra energy and couldn't be bothered any more. It hurt if I went slowly, it hurt if I went fast - but at least with fast it was over sooner. I coughed and then sighed from the effort of it all and glanced to Avery. Quote Begin I think I've got a refill ready to pick up too... or.. I think...Quote End I shook my head, not remembering if the email I'd received from the pharmacy was to tell me my prescription was being processed, or if it was ready... or even when I'd seen the email. It was all so frustrating. I took in a deep breath to try and calm down, staring angrily out through the front of the cab, ignoring the driver. After so long apart it felt horrible that the time I was able to spend with Avery was so shitty, especially when the rift between us had been such a stupid mix-up in the first place. I couldn't help feeling responsible that everything had happened, but when I tried to think about that had happened it just made my head swim with all the information and drama.Quote Begin This fucking sucks.Quote End I muttered, sniffing, and then groaned when I remembered something. I wasn't exactly going to be able to carry on at work as normal, not without Mary-Ann noticing something was up anyway. Quote Begin I need to.. let Mary-Ann know too or shit, but.. fuck, I can't tell her I've got fucking.. Quote End I gritted my teeth, not even wanting to say pneumonia. Quote Begin She's been bitching at me for ages to see a doctor and I don't want her to think she's right... can you ring her tomorrow and tell her I've got the flu or something? Or.. shit, I dunno.. just something so she doesn't get all.. care-y. We could pretend we're going on vacation. Or.. you're ill and I need to look after you. Quote End I looked to Avery, pleading - because I had a feeling Mary-Ann would somehow end up coming over if she knew the truth, and then probably want to hit me with something if she really knew the truth. And anyway, then other people at work would end up finding out and the last thing I wanted was to get all those shitty sympathetic looks.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Sun May 17, 2015 10:48 am

My head bobbed slightly at his words, an unconscious agreement to what Lenny said. Thinking about the future was weird and yet it was pretty much the end goal for everything we did. At least it felt like every stage of life was geared towards a part of your future. You learned to read and write so you'd be competent and not left behind intellectually by your peers, so you could attend school and get yourself an education. Which in turn made you eligible for college or even a job if that's where your education finished. For me it felt like I couldn't do anything without it wondering about the effect of it at a later date, or doing it specifically for that effect in the first place. It wasn't like I'd never stopped to live it the moment but it just wasn't a viable way to permanently live your life. It just made sense to me to plan and prepare just in case, even if nothing came of it. Though... admittedly I'd obsessed less about the future since meeting Lenny, spent a little more time thinking 'to hell with it' and just done something for enjoyment only. And now he was the one who had to focus a little more on his future, the one who had to plan ahead for something very important; his health. It wasn't exactly that our roles were switched but there did seem to be some irony there. An awful, non-enjoyable irony.

Weird but unfortunately necessary. I replied, a wry smile on my face when his mentioned the advice leaflets. That was one thing I was definitely in agreement with him on. They're definitely not as helpful as was obviously intended. Not that I've any experience with ones on quitting smoking, but advice leaflets in general seem to be pretty useless. I shrugged, letting it go at that though there was more I could say if I'd taken a mind to it. Instead I focused on Lenny again, just about catching the smile he was trying to hide and inevitable laughing at the question he asked. I doubt you're in the mood for a lesson on cliches so lets just let that one slip. I joked, giving him another quick smile before leaving him at the reception to sort out his business and take care of my own.

But I kept an eye of him anyway, trying to watch for any signs of stress. I noticed the way his didn't really speak again and how he threw his stuff into the taxi once he'd reached the door. I busied myself straightening his things, placing them in my lap for safekeeping. I tried and failed not to watch him as he got into the taxi but when he practically threw himself in it was hard not to notice anyway, though at least I looked away quickly enough that he wouldn't have seen be watching. Oh... well tow birds with one stone and all that. I frowned, not exactly sure that saying that was appropriate in the given situation. At least what he said afterwards was distraction enough that I didn't dwell on it. You need me to... what? I admittedly balked slightly at the idea of lying to Mary-Ann, she was so nice and she'd been around even when I'd been a kid. I realized I hadn't replied to Lenny and hurried to do so. I'll think of something to tell her, but I'm not going to pretend I'm sick. I shook my head, wondering at the fact I wasn't even surprised he'd asked me to do something so... illogical. But if he didn't want Mary-Ann to know he was sick then I wouldn't rat him out. I settled back into the padded backrest of the seat and started listing out all the things I'd need to do, over and over just so I wouldn't forget.

Within an hour I was shoving my key in the door for the second time that night, tiredly hoping that I wouldn't need to go anywhere else for the rest of the night. I held the bag of takeout in my hand and was actually nearly drooling a little at the smell emanating from it. I couldn't remember the last time I'd eaten anything remotely unhealthy and I was actually looking forward to doing so. As much as I loved keeping healthy it was still great to just let go and pig out sometimes. Okay, so in my case the pigging out was exceptionally rare, but maybe that would change when looking good wasn't as important, who knew?

I turned on one of the table lamps  in the hall, feeling oddly unwilling to use the main light - as though I didn't want to fully illuminate the area where everything with Brad had happened. I hoped that feeling would pass quickly, I didn't want any part of my home tainted for me because of him. Still I found myself hurrying from the hall to the living area, leaving the takeout on the counter and grabbing a couple of plates from the cupboard as I waited for Lenny. I turned to get glasses and spoke at the sound of footsteps. Are the meds they gave you at the hospital the type that can't mix with alcohol? Should I just get you a glass of water? I asked, pulling down a glass and turning, already deciding that if he was stuck with water then that would be all I'd drink too. Which was probably better seeing as I wasn't sure if a glass of wine would push me right back towards drunkenness or not.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Tue May 19, 2015 5:27 am

I didn't even ask about the birds, too grumpy and distracted from the discomfort of my injuries, the sharp pain every time I breathed in or out. Thinking about Mary-Ann, work, and trying not to return to shallow breathing to help alleviate any pain was enough to keep me occupied. I nodded at Avery and slumped back against the seat, but couldn't get comfortable until I forced myself to sit with my back as straight as possible. I remembered the last time I had a chest injury and knew sleeping would be a bitch for the next few weeks.

Quote Begin Yeah, we need to think of something.Quote End I agreed, unable to not sound grim when I thought about how it would effect work too. It would effect everything.

-

By the time we got to the house I was even more miserable. Avery's company helped to soften the blow, but every few minutes I'd find my mind drifting to worries and anxieties - would I get sick pay? How long until I could work? Would I just have to suck it up and try and deal with it anyway? How was I meant to do anything when I was having trouble sleeping already and this would just make it more complicated?

I walked somberly into the house, thoughts circling through my mind. The smell of takeout was a little distracting at least and I wondered if part of my mood was due to hunger. I couldn't remember the last thing I'd had to eat. When I walked through the hallway I noticed the gleam from a spot of blood on the floor, wondering if it was from either my lip, or Brad's nose.

Quote Begin Uh... what? No, it should be fine.Quote End I brushed off Avery's question but went over to the counter to open up the bag of medicines anyway just to check - and to be able to show Avery in case she asked. I picked out the bottle of pills for pain and squinted at the label. Quote Begin ..oh. It says avoid alcohol.Quote End I stared at the label longer as if it might change, and then set the bottle down on the side. Quote Begin I guess water.Quote End I said begrudgingly, and picked up the container again, opening it and tipping two tablets out into my hand before returning it to the counter. Quitting smoking, and no alcohol - and people wondered why I hated doctors.

Holding the pills in my hand, I took one of the takeout containers, a small one, rather than the bag, and made my way over to the table. I really wanted to half-collapse back on the couch, but I'd at least learned from my previous rib injuries that keeping your back straight and sitting up rather than lying down lessened the pain, which would be easier on one of the dining chairs than the couch. I sat down stiffly and waited for Avery to join me.

Quote Begin So.. what Brad was saying... something happened between him and Felicia or something? And that's why he got outed?Quote End I glanced up at Avery, trying to make sense of the mess that it all seemed to be. Quote Begin She was so nice when I met her... it sucks he had to do that to her.Quote End I said it without thinking too much, shaking my head and frowning, pushing the pills around the palm of my hand. Then when I thought about it a bit more, I realized it was horrible for anyone to have to go through that, not just Felicia. Quote Begin I guess it sucks he did it to anyone.Quote End I added on quietly, unable to shake a feeling of guilt, that I was partially responsible for my part in it over the years. It had been so much easier when the women Brad saw were people I didn't know, or didn't care about.. although even then, it hadn't exactly been easy to think about then either and that was why we'd always argued so much.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Thu May 21, 2015 5:02 am

My gaze lingered on Lenny as he rooted through the bag, waiting for him to let me know what it said. There were plenty of medicines that you'd think would affect anything else or have conditions but ended up surprising you. I knew how tricky they could be from experience which was why I was cautious about the whole thing. I didn't want to take any risks with Lenny's health, even though maybe it wasn't really my place to think like that. It was okay to worry about a friend and voice concern about something, but it was never really up to you to make decisions. Though maybe the reason I tended to step in that direction was that Lenny practically felt like family. Not in a definable way. I'd never see him as a sibling or a cousin or any familial term like that. He was family in the way that I could always imagine him being a part of my life in some way. I liked to think he'd always be my best friend, the last few weeks of being away and then finally talking to him again had shown me that.

Even though I was glad he'd taken the time and precaution to check the label my heart still went out to Lenny when he confirmed the whole no alcohol thing. My lips turned up a little at the corners and I turned to reach for another glass as well as to hide the smile threaten to take over. His whole manner, what I'd see as 'pouty', was pretty funny. I'd never tell him but it was pretty adorable. I brought both glasses over to the refrigerator and using the dispenser in the door to fill each glass with ice and water. Water isn't so bad but we've some Wyler's if you want to flavor yours. I placed both glasses on the table and went back to root through one of the cupboards, finding the variety pack I'd bought with about ten flavors and making my way back to the table as I read the back of the box, grabbing the takeout bag as I passed, not looking seeing as I was reading the instructions. You're technically supposed to add it to about two quarts of water but we  could figure it out. I said as I sat, placing box of drink mix on the table before rooting through the bag. Aha! Found the dumplings. It'll be a miracle if I don't stuff myself with these so much that I'm too full to eat my actually order. I joked, grinning at him and  hoping to lighten the mood a little. 

Expect the topic that Lenny wanted to talk about was obviously anything but light. I sighed a little bit, opening the container and pulling out a dumpling that I no longer wanted as much as I had before. I reached for a napkin and set it before me on the table as a makeshift plate before taking a bite, chewing as he talked. I hadn't thought he'd want to mention Brad but him mentioning Felicia was surprising. Well I'm not entirely sure what happened. Felicia was hysterical when I talked to her so it was hard to make out what she was saying and Allegra was furious and more concerned with insulting Brad than giving me an explanation, but I got the gist of it. I paused, not even sure I wanted to go over it again. I'd explained most of what I knew to the both of them before Lenny had hit Brad, but maybe he'd been so caught up in the situation that he couldn't remember what I said. But he'dd been through a lot tonight and I didn't want to point that fact out.

Basically Felicia knew something was up with Brad. The mood swings, cancelling plans with her. She thought he might be cheating but not with a guy obviously. That much I know from talking to her over the last couple of months. I really wanted to tell her about it- warn her- but I kept my promise to you about not telling anyone about Brad. The most I could do was tell Allegra not to trust Brad, put it down to a gut feeling. So Felicia though he was unfaithful and Allegra said they should look around his place for evidence. They found some kind of phone and on it were pictures and other things that proved Brad was a cheater... and a liar. Allegra said Felicia pretty much fell apart, crying and locking herself in the bathroom- I stopped again, feeling just totally overwhelmed with guilty because I could've helped her avoid all that. But a promise was a promise and Lenny had seemed so genuinely scared about the idea of Brad knowing he'd talked. Allegra sent the files to every contact, en masse. For revenge I suppose. Obviously things got messy from there. I stopped again and let the half-eaten dumpling fall onto the napkin, raising my hands instead to cover my face. I felt so responsible. If I'd done things differently, been a little smarter and thought of a better way, maybe it wouldn't have turned out this way? My cheek throbbed under my touch and I pulled my hands away, reaching for my water and holding the glass against my face. I told Felicia she could come spend some time here, get away from NY. I hope that's okay with you. I was going to mention it earlier but obviously there were distractions.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics