setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Season Ticket - Page 5

[Private] Season Ticket

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Season Ticket

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:04 pm

The thought of Avery liking Brad or being tricked by his stupid charmingness was just plain weird. Quote Begin That would've been so fucked up... so yeah, at least that didn't happen.Quote End I nodded, staring at Avery and trying to get the picture of her laughing or joking with Brad out of my head. Quote Begin And yeah.. okay. I guess we'll just see what she's like when she gets here?Quote End I didn't mind talking with Felicia or anything, but if she was crying or doing that girl shrieking crying thing, then I was out.

I stared at Avery again when she basically gave me a free pass for ice-cream. Quote Begin Seriously? Maybe I need to have more breakups...Quote End I said, not even smiling, I was so shocked. I slowly broke into a smile, still not quite believing my luck.

Quote Begin I was, what, fifteen? I dunno, is that so young?Quote End I shrugged. I'd been all over the world at a much younger age and the extravagant vacations my parents had taken me on were what I saw as normal. Quote Begin I actually kind of hated it. Well, I did hate it. I didn't do the stuff that was arranged and everyone else went on. I spent most of my time in the villa, and only went out for food if I had to. I mean, there was a pool and shit, it's not like there was nothing to do. But I didn't really like any family vacations... so yours sounds better.Quote End I leaned back in my chair, experimentally pressing a hand against my chest. Quote Begin Well we can enjoy the heat in Cali. I like it here in Index.. but fuck, I wish it didn't rain all the fucking time. Even when it's hot or sunny, there's rain coming, or it's just rained, or it's raining still.Quote End I grumbled. Quote Begin I was tanned before I lived here.Quote End I said, conveniently missing out the part where most of my life in Index, I'd spent the daytime either sleeping or hidden away indoors - especially before I had a job. I hadn't given the sun much of a chance.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:46 pm

For once I thought Lenny's use of profanities was very fitting for the given situation. It wouldn't have crossed my mind to described it as such but 'fucked up' was exactly what it would have been. The idea of getting on with Brad was absolutely abhorrent to me and the more I thought about it the more I felt the urge to physically shudder. I'm sure Allegra will have her in a relatively good mood by then. It's a shame she's booked for a fashion show this week or I'm sure she would've have been tagging along too. I wondered if Lenny had remembered what I'd told him about Allegra back in New York, about her feeling for Felicia. I was sure seeing her so heartbroken over Brad must have been devastating but I hadn't had the chance to ask Allegra how she was doing.

Careful or I'll think you planned the whole thing just to get more ice-cream and I'll take it back. I joked, happy to see the smile grow on his face. Did the offer of ice-cream have to power to totally cheer him up? I nearly laughed at the idea but stored it away just in case.

Fifteen isn't that old either, but I do see what you mean. I think I'm biased from my own lack of interesting traveling at that age. My parents weren't really holiday people. Though they're making up for that now. I smiled, thinking about the fact that I hadn't seen them in so long because they were doing just that. They had the money so why not use it to travel the world? Oh, it's a shame you felt that way. I mean, not so much if you still enjoyed yourself but I just can't imagine going somewhere and not seeing the sights and such. But each to their own as they said. And if it was because of the whole concept of a family vacation... well maybe it made sense that he'd kept to himself if he didn't enjoy them. Oh, I know what you mean. I miss the heat. I've always thought it so unfair that I was born a redhead considering how much I love sunny weather. And you're right, Index is lovely but the weather could use some work. I laughed when Lenny grumbled about having been tanned before, not quite able to picture it. I'll believe that when I see. I teased, picked up my glass and taking another sip. I was starting to feel the exhaustion the night had caused creeping up on me, but I was enjoying spending time with Lenny and unwilling to end it yet.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:41 am

I was getting more and more tired the longer we talked. It wasn't in an irritable way, but my concentration was slipping. Quote Begin Hmm, yeah, I dunno, we'll just have to cheer each other up or something. Or let the ice-cream do that.Quote End I said, and then smirked triumphantly at Avery, loosely folding my arms so it didn't press against my chest. Quote Begin Yeah, well they don't even take ice-cream back, I think... I bet, because.. it's frozen and shit.Quote End I smirked, imagining Avery at Walmart trying to return the ice-cream and getting turned away.

Every blink was ending up a little longer, especially since I didn't have any food left to distract myself with. I drained the glass of cherry stuff and set it back on the table, eliciting a small shrug. Quote Begin I dunno if I enjoyed any of it. Travelling isn't always great, I guess it depends on where you go. And who you go with.Quote End I spat the last bit out, thinking of my father, and then rolled my eyes. Quote Begin Cali should be fun, though. With you.. and maybe Felicia, and the sun. It'll be cool.Quote End I bit back a yawn and slowly stood up, leaning on the table for extra support. I frowned down at Avery. Quote Begin What?Quote End I asked, not sure why she wouldn't believe I tanned, Quote Begin You will.Quote End

I took a few steps away, forgetting about any of the crockery or rubbish on the table, and then stopped, still unconsciously holding my side. Quote Begin Hey, is it okay if I sleep down here? In one of the chairs or something.. Bruised rib stuff makes lying down fucked up.Quote End I could remember the last time and how impossible it was to get comfortable, no matter what position I slept in. Propping myself up with shitloads of pillows had helped, but I'd soon figured out that sleeping more upright was definitely the best.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:46 pm

I guess we'll just see how it goes. But I'm sure your ice-cream suggestion will go down a treat with Felicia too. She had a sweet tooth and usually had some for of candy tucked away in her handbag whenever I saw her. If any would fall into the category of eating sweet things for comfort I was sure it would be Felicia. Personally I didn't really get the whole comfort eating thing. Anytime I was very upset the thought of food was more likely to make me feel queasy than happy. But everyone worked differently. You're probably right about that, but I'd figured something out. I joked, going along with what he'd said instead of pointing out that I'd been referring to taking the offer of ice-cream back and not the thing itself. It was all in jest any way so it wasn't important.

I tilted my head and looked at Lenny, a little bit of concern creeping in at the vehemence his tone had taken on. I didn't know who he meant when he referred to traveling with people, but I also didn't think asking about it was appropriate. So I just decided that maybe brushing past it was best. True, there have been some places I've traveled to that I didn't enjoy. But most places I've loved. I said, thinking about explaining more but I was too drained for anything long-winded. I love Cali though, I can't believe how excited I am at the idea of going back for a while. I didn't feel the urge to move back permanently though, despite the whether I liked being back in Index. It would always be home.

Lenny's mention of sleep made me feel even more tired if that was possible, and I raised a hand to my mouth to cover a yawn. Of course that's fine, you really don't need to ask Lenny. Sleep wherever you'd feel most comfortable. I got up from the table and started clearing away the remains of the takeout and putting away whatever else needed to be cleaned up. That done I paused and looked back over at Lenny. Do you want me to stay down with you. Just in case? After everything I would feel better being close-by but I didn't want to say as much just in case Lenny thought I was being overbearing.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:03 am

I'd never disliked Felicia, but the thought of her coming to stay for any period of time didn't seem so bad if she was a fan of ice-cream too, and not another health-obsessed Avery. The last thing I wanted were two people moaning about calories and what was unhealthy and you shouldn't eat.

I smirked back at Avery through my tiredness, Quote Begin Maybe I'd figure something out too.Quote End I argued back, never too tired to want to last word.

Slowly, I moved away from the table and towards the living area. I went over to one of the chairs with a higher back and paused, looking back over to Avery, thinking about destinations I'd visited. Quote Begin I liked our trip to New York, even with Brad, that was still fun. And that time I went to Oregon with Helios.Quote End That was the sum total of vacations I actually felt I enjoyed.

I started moving some of the cushions off the chair, and rearranging them in a different way. Every movement had become slow after exhaustion had slowly but surely hit. I ached, not just my chest but my face, the sting of my lip and various other places over my body, and my head felt vaguely fuzzy.

I paused the slow work to look up to Avery, frowning slightly. The truth was that I wanted to jump at the chance of her staying with me because I didn't want to be on my own, but I wouldn't admit to that. I always found that I slept better with someone too, which might have been selfish but was one of the main things I missed about Jesse.

Quote Begin Uh, yeah? ..I mean, if you want to?Quote End I asked slowly, moving the last cushion into place. Quote Begin And.. uh, are you okay getting all the pillows and sheets and shit?Quote End Otherwise I was prepared to just sit down and sleep how I was because I didn't think I could handle going up the stairs, and then carrying things down.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics