setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Season Ticket - Page 4

[Private] Season Ticket

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Season Ticket

Avery Marx |

Posted on Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:14 pm

Well whatever he did it the past to whomever he did it to... I'm just more concerned about you. Please say you don't blame yourself for any of the things he did because it's in know way your fault. You were one of the people he wronged too and just because maybe you were a little closer to him, well it doesn't mean you're in any way responsible. It wasn't that I was sure he was blaming himself but situations like this were tricky and he'd seemed to take what had happened with Felicia as something he could've done something about so I felt like I needed to say what I had just in case. Funny maybe, especially seeing as I'd probably have broken my hand trying to hit that oaf. I joked, managing a brittle smile and trying not to think of how he maybe have reacted had I done such a thing. I didn't want to be scared of him, I didn't want him to have any effect on me at all. But he was obviously dangerous and my reaction was probably just natural. He'll never really be happy if he can't even fully accept himself. But I'm not so sure he deserves that happiness anyway. I hate saying it but... I can't help it. And that made me feel rather sad, that I couldn't even wish him peace with himself. Maybe I wasn't such a nice person myself?

But I was more than glad to see Lenny smile. Knowing that I could in someone cheer him up, even just slightly made me feel better too. It was reassuring too to know that I felt just as much at ease with him as I had before, to know that our friendship hadn't suffered for the miscommunication the had occurred at the start. Well you don't need anywhere else to go, you'll always have here. I don't plan on moving and even if I did I'd probably harass you until you agreed to come with me. I told him, not a hundred percent certain whether I was joking about that or not. Oh, well I still think it'll be fine. When I say angry I'm talking more about her wanting to point out all of his flaws and insult him, that kind of thing. I've only seen her really upset over a guy once before and she actually took it in her stride. She's very... chirpy, so I'm sure she'll bounce back quickly. I explained, eager to reassure Lenny in any way that I could. He obviously had his own problems to deal with and I didn't want him to worry about Felicia and just add to the stress of his breakup. I nodded sympathetically when he explained. Well most people see communication as a key part to a relationship Lenny, but I suppose it's understandable that not everyone would feel that way. And though I didn't necessarily agree with that I couldn't see any good coming from admitting that. Instead I just moved on. Ice-cream? Hmm, yes I may have heard something about that being connected to it. I guess I can't really say anything about it either. I paused and then smiled at him. I hid a carton of chocolate under the frozen vegetables last time we went shopping. I don't suppose you've already found that?

My own glass of water was finished now so I reached out for the jug and poured myself some, sure that it was probably far better than what Lenny made it out to be. When I got an experimental sip I wasn't disappointed either. Well it's way better than I thought it would be. The cherry flavor is stronger than I expected. I reached for the box and scanned the flavors again, wondering if they'd be any good when it came to something like cocktails. I glance back up at Lenny when he spoke, a smile pulling at my lips. I'm guessing you mean aside from the modeling ones. I joked, getting up and retrieving my phone from my bag. I didn't get some lovely scenery pictures so you can see what I mean when I say it was stunning there. And some of the more touristy spots too. I brought up the album I'd saved them too and passed the phone to Lenny. I can't believe I missed one of the rare occasions of it being almost nice here. Just my luck. I made a face at Lenny when he exaggerated about how easily I burned. I wasn't that pale and if I was very careful I did actually manage to get a slight tan. I examined my skin, noting that I still retained a slightly golden tint to it, but that would fade before long. Wait, what? My head whipped up to look at Lenny when he mentioned Cali and I practically beamed at him, immediately elated at the idea. Really? You mean that? Oh you've no idea how much I'd love that Lenny. We could say in my house and the beach is practically right behind me. Felicia only mentioned stay for a few days but even so I could ask if she'd like to come with us to Cali instead. I felt honestly excited about the whole thing and I was sure that going to California with us would probably be better for her anyway. If she wanted to come of course. I would prefer it to just be Lenny and myself but even thinking that made me feel a little bad. I can ring her in the morning, see what she thinks. Worse case scenario we leave next week after she spends some time here.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:19 am

I shifted, slightly uncomfortable after Avery's words and not interested in any introspection. Quote Begin I'm not some victim that he just did stuff to.Quote End I said, frowning, Quote Begin But yeah, it's not my fault either. It was.. a fight, that's what it was, and I mean.. maybe I could have told Felicia or done something, but.. that doesn't make it my fault? Shit.. it's... maybe she wouldn't have even believed me and it wouldn't have made any difference?Quote End I asked, slightly desperate, needing words of affirmation because I did feel guilty and partially responsible, I just didn't want to admit it to myself. Quote Begin He always seemed kind of happy when he was fucking guys but having this image of some perfect straight guy to everyone else.Quote End I pointed out. Quote Begin ...I guess he's just not.. normal?Quote End No-one else seemed to think like Brad, at least not from what I'd seen, so that's all I could conclude. Quote Begin I mean, relationships aren't supposed to be like that, right?Quote End It was times like that when I remembered how little I actually knew about that sort of thing. Maybe what had happened happened more often than I'd have thought.

Quote Begin You wouldn't need to harass me.Quote End I grinned. Not unless she decided to move somewhere weird like Italy. Quote Begin If she's going to do that, she'll have a lot of flaws to point out.Quote End I couldn't help remarking. It was difficult not to. For so long in my life, Brad had seemed to everyone else like some perfect guy and I'd always found it infuriating. It felt so good to finally have someone who knew exactly how wrong everyone else's opinions had been. Quote Begin Yeah, I know, communication is good or whatever.Quote End I rolled my eyes slightly, having heard it so many times before, Quote Begin But I mean, you don't need to talk about everything, right? Some shit's just... I mean, if people knew some stuff, what if they wouldn't like the other person any more? Why would it be important to communicate about that?Quote End I stuffed my mouth full of food and raised an eyebrow at Avery, challenging her to try and argue out of that logic.

I grinned, trying to hide it by pursing my lips. Quote Begin Uhh, yeah... I found that.Quote End About a day or two after she'd left, but I didn't need to tell Avery that. That's what I meant about the 'communicating everything' thing being so bullshit. Quote Begin We could get more though? I mean, I think they are definitely connected.Quote End And seeing as I hadn't been grocery shopping basically since Avery had left, the freezer was mostly empty and ready to be filled with ice-cream. The only thing left in there might have been the bag of vegetables Avery had mentioned, among other weird healthy things.

Quote Begin Uh, yeah, or the modelling ones too, but I wanted to see if I'd been to any of the places before.Quote End I took the phone and started slowly flicking through pictures, pausing every few to ferry a forkful of sweet and sour chicken into my mouth. Quote Begin Hey, I think I've been there.Quote End I held the phone up to show Avery one picture, and then flicked to the next one, Quote Begin And that's so cool...Quote End It was a picture of a foresty place with a waterfall, Quote Begin Hey, did you see any snakes when you were there?Quote End I asked, remembering something about there being loads of bugs there. Or was that somewhere else?

I didn't know why Avery was so shocked about my suggestion of going to Cali. At first I almost wondered if I'd been wrong to suggest it, and then relief flooded through me when she smiled so wide. Quote Begin Yeah... it's be cool, right? Even if Felicia comes with us, it's just.. I dunno. A vacation to forget about Brad and stuff, in the sun on the beach, with loads of ice-cream. The only thing that'll suck is I won't be able to drink. We'll have to buy more of this cherry stuff. Or make iced coffee or something, whatever - but it'll be great?Quote End I smiled, losing my train of thought because my head was starting to feel weird and dozy, something I knew usually happened with pain medication that strong.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:18 am

I never said you were a victim, I just wanted to make sure that you weren't taking any of his wrongs upon yourself. Even if I had thought of Lenny as a victim I was smarter than to voice something like that out loud. I'm glad you don't blame yourself though, it's a relief to hear it. And I think it's very possible that she may not have believed you. She was totally infatuated when we saw her in New York and I doubt much could have swayed her from that. As I'd said earlier, hearing news like that from a practical stranger wasn't something you'd think would go down well, and completely ignoring that news fit with my theory. Not normal... now there's an understatement if I ever heard one. I said with a wry grin, though it was chased quickly chased off with I sigh. No, that definitely not what they're supposed to be like Lenny. Not at all like that. I pitied anyone who had to be involved with Brad in that way, male and female.

I smiled happily at Lenny statement, glad that if I did ever leave Index there was a chance my best friend would come with me. Of course realistically I knew that could change but I was happy just hearing him say it. Then he joked about Brad and that only added to the sense of well-being that I was starting to really feel. Maybe you can help her, the two of you could bond while positively slaying Brad. I bet Felicia would love that. It sounded like something I'd enjoying listening to also. Well, I think that's the point of it. If you'd stop liking someone because of that then you were never really meant for each other in the first place. It's better to find that out sooner rather than later I guess. I shrugged a little, in know way trying to get Lenny to agree with what I said but simply offering him an opinion. But his failed attempt at hiding a grin when I mentioned the ice-cream completely distracted me from that and I found myself smiling as he admitted it was already gone. I shouldn't be surprised, it's like you have a sixth sense for ice-cream. But we'll definitely get some tomorrow, I'm pretty sure everywhere close-by would be closed now.

You've been to Costa Rica? How long ago were you there? I asked, suddenly curious about Lenny's travels. I loved going abroad but I also loved hearing the stories of others doing so too. I looked at the picture he was showing me, somewhat excited at the idea of us having traveled to the same place at different times. And sorry but no, I didn't come across any snakes while I was there. Thankfully. I'd probably have spent my whole time there looking over my shoulder if I had seen one. I admitted, shuddering at the idea. It wasn't that I was scared of the reptile but I'd rather not get up close and personal with one either. And why think of snakes when there were more pleasant things to thing of, like holidays and the like. It would be more than cool, it would be wonderful. I said with a dreamy smile on my face as Lenny described what he pictured for it. It's settled then. I'll ring Felicia in the morning and depending on what she says we make plans.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:06 am

Quote Begin Yeah.. he had that effect on girls. But I guess it's just good she's out of that now, that she knows what he's like. Even if it sucks. It's better than just.. everything being a lie.Quote End I sent Avery a lop-sided smile. Quote Begin Really not normal? And maybe we could bond or whatever.. she did seem nice when I met her before. Quote End I shrugged, not completely sure how I felt about that, but not striking it off either. If it'd help someone get over Brad or help them after he'd put them through shit that I felt slightly responsible for, I didn't mind so much.

Was I meant for Jesse? Just the thought had me wrinkling up my nose, but I wasn't sure if it was because of Jesse, or the whole 'meant for each other; romantic crap. Quote Begin I guess.Quote End I half-agreed, but I still wasn't sold on the idea. I held back a yawn, trying to stifle it and then hiding it behind my hand when it seemed impossible. Quote Begin At least we have Chinese take-out. I guess the ice-cream can wait.Quote End I had to say. I might have been disappointed by the lack of ice-cream, but there wasn't much either of us could do about it at that time in the morning.

I looked at the photo again, frowning as I tried to work out when I'd even gone. Quote Begin Uhh... I dunno.. I guess ten years ago maybe? Fuck, it doesn't feel that long.Quote End I glanced at the photo again, Quote Begin It was a family thing and some business associate of my father's and their family was there too. I just remember that volcano, seeing it from nearly that same angle, I'm sure of it. Quote End I pointed to the mountainous shape in the background of the photo. Quote Begin And warnings about snakes and shit from the housekeeper but I never saw one either. What did you do there when you weren't on shoots? Relax and shit?Quote End I asked, breaking off to stifle another yawn. I nodded, still yawning, and slowly finished off the remains of my food. I set my fork down and smiled at Avery. Quote Begin Yeah... it'll be fucking wonderful. Lying on a sun lounger all day sounds great when I've got to deal with this.. not like I can do much else.Quote End

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:12 am

Yes, you'd have to be blind not to see that he's very attractive and it was obvious he could be charming when he tried. I should thank you for telling me about Brad in a way, I'd have felt so awful if Felicia had introduced me to him and I'd fallen for the act. I liked to think I'd still have been able to see through it but realistically I knew I couldn't be sure of that. I pushed the thought from my mind and returned Lenny's smile, nodding my head. Okay, really not normal is a little better. Don't forget loathsome. I thought that was a particular accurate adjective for Brad. Well you don't have to go out of your way or anything, I just think she'd appreciate even a little bitching session. I told him with a laugh. I wouldn't just shove him at Felicia and tell him to be friendly, that wouldn't have been fair.

I didn't think Lenny opinion was invalid but I thought that further talk on the subject could just end up making him think I did. So when he spoke I didn't press it or add anything further to the topic. Instead I just focused on the next thing that was brought up. Ah yes, the magic of take out food and it's uncanny ability to brighten any situation. I joked, pulling out another dumpling and taking a small bite, chewing quickly and swallowing so that I could speak again. We'll definitely pick some up, and I promise I won't be preachy about how many cartons you put it. Just try not to fill up the cart with them? I'll need to do some actual grocery shopping too.

That long ago, huh? I hadn't traveled outside of American yet ten years ago. I'm a little jealous so got to go so far when you were so young. Maybe jealous was too strong a word but I didn't know how else to phrase it. I tilted my head and looked at the picture again when he mentioned the volcano. I just think it's fascinating that we've seen the same thing but during totally different periods of out lives.I grinned and found myself wishing I'd brought Lenny with me. Honestly I actually didn't do all that much. It was too hot outside so I just spent a lot of time in my hotel room reading if I didn't have a shoot. I went out some evenings though. I hadn't been a complete hermit or anything along those lines. I stifled a yawn of my own and smiled. I can't imagine a better way to recover. We'll make sure you a comfy lounger too if you plan of spending so much time on one. I teased before popping the rest of the dumpling in my mouth and finishing it off.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics