setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Season Ticket - Page 3

[Private] Season Ticket

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Season Ticket

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Thu May 21, 2015 8:49 am

I stared miserably at the Wyler's, looking it over for a long time before answering, Quote Begin I guess if it makes the shitty water not so shitty.Quote End I muttered, taking the glass of water first to swallow the pills down with anyway. I took them one at a time with loads of water for each, not wanting to trigger memories of having one forced down my throat, and then reached for the pack of Wyler's to try and choose which flavor. :Q!: I dunno which one.Quote End I said, feeling forlorn, and left it in favour for finally opening my Chinese carton.

A few mouthfuls of food helped me cheer up a bit, but not much. It wasn't even that I felt sad or depressed so much as pensive, which probably wasn't surprising considering what had happened, but still felt like a failure to me. I reached over for the bag with my medicines in it and pulled out the box of anti-depressants, opening it up and popping one of the pills out. It probably wasn't great that I couldn't remember the last time I'd had one.

Then it was back to picking at my food. I glanced to Avery, sighing at the suffocating feeling of regret. Quote Begin In New York, I mean, when all that happened, and I found out he was with her.. I mean, I knew what he was like, but I didn't know he was actually.. still seeing other guys. I dunno, I didn't.. I just never thought he'd still be doing it, that he might go with other guys as well.Quote End I cleared my throat a little, poking at the noddles to avoid Avery's gaze as I spoke. Quote Begin Thanks. For keeping that, but.. I mean, this happened anyway even though you didn't say anything, and.. I kind of wish I hadn't asked you to do that. I didn't want that to happen to Felicia. I guess.. I thought it wouldn't get that serious, or...Quote End I shrugged, blinking away the pricking feeling of tears. Quote Begin If I'd said something, maybe it wouldn't have been so bad for her.Quote End I mumbled. It was too late to start thinking about that though - the damage had been done. That didn't stop it hurting that Brad had still got a punch in anyway, regardless of my not having said anything.

I sniffed and leaned back on the chair, turning to Avery with surprise when she mentioned Felicia coming to stay. Quote Begin What? No, I don't mind.. but.. won't she hate me? I mean, if she knows, if she finds out I knew, that I was involved..Quote End I shrugged to try and cover over how upset I was, but the thought of her finding out, and of who else must have found out from being sent files, was a daunting image. Quote Begin She probably won't want anything to do with me.Quote End I stabbed at my noodles, breathing out through my nose in a snort that made my nostrils flare. Quote Begin I'm meant to be your friend and I can't even remember where you've been these past weeks.Quote End I didn't know if it was Brad, or what had happened, or lingering feelings from my breakup, but it was as if there was a dark cloud hanging over my head, keeping me down, making me cycle back to feeling of self-hatred every time, but it was times like that that just made me think that was why Jesse had given up in the end. Quote Begin I'm glad you came back though. Even if this happened.Quote End I said quietly, fighting the urge to slouch down and glancing to Avery's red cheek, guilt repeatedly returning every time I looked at her and my gaze was drawn to the mark. Because as much as I'd have done anything to stop Brad hurting her, turn back time, anything like that, it didn't take away how happy I was she'd returned.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Thu May 28, 2015 4:47 am

There's nothing wrong with water, especially not when it's filtered and ice cold like this. There's nothing more refreshing. Unless you were a little biased against most things healthy, which was what I thought was probably Lenny's issue here. Though I could be wrong seeing as plenty of people described water as bland or tasteless, probably an unfortunate side-effect of living in a time where there were so many ways to make things 'tastier'. But if you couldn't beat them then you joined them, which was why I'd brought out the Wyler's. I know, there's a surprisingly varied selection. I agreed, taking the box when he'd finished with it and examining the legend on the back while trying to figure out how small a portion you'd use. Math had never been my strong subject though and I gave up, deciding to just get the jug after all. Which turned out to be the most sensible idea seeing as Lenny was using most of his glass of water to chase down his medication. I rose from the table and hurried over to get the jug from the cupboard, giving it a quick rinse before filling it with more water from the fridge. I realized I must look like I was unable to settle down and that wasn't far from the truth. It was like there was still excess adrenaline running through my system in minute bursts and doing something, anything, helped with that. I think Cherry Charger sounds nice. I said once I was sat at the table again with the jug in front of me. I picked out the right sachet and glance at Lenny before opening it, wondering if he was okay with the choice.

But as the conversation progressed the importance of what to flavor the water with seemed non-existent. I slowly place the sachet on the table and turned my focus to Lenny's reply, unable to stop myself from feeling a little surprised at what Lenny said. It just seemed a little... naive really. But I didn't hold it against him. People like Brad don't change. If they got away with doing something wrong once then they'll think they can get away with it whenever they want. But that's not your fault. I sighed and looked down and the table, tracing the pattern of the wood grain as I gather my thoughts on the matter. I honestly didn't hold Lenny responsible for anything that had happened to Felicia, but yes, there was a small part of me that wished he'd never had me make the promise in the first place. That promise meant that no matter what I did I was doing something bad, whether that was breaking the promise or keeping it and hurting Felicia. But I still didn't resent him for it, so seeing him upset about it didn't make me feel vindicated or anything like that, it just made me feel sad for him. It's not your fault Lenny. Brad obviously had the ability to get under your skin and into your head. Almost every has or had a person like that in there life. I didn't think it would get serious either, and honestly if Felicia hadn't been so stubborn and listened to her friends who said Brad was Bad news then maybe she wouldn't be in this situation right now. I said, finally voicing one of the thoughts that had been nagging at me. I felt bad for saying it but there was an undeniable ring of truth to the statement. Felicia had suffered because of all of this but there was a small part of me that felt it wasn't just the fault of those around her.

My heart sunk a little when I realized just how much of this Lenny was holding himself accountable for, and I wanted nothing more than to be able to take all of that away so that he wouldn't. I listened to him speak, every word making me want to reach out and comfort him. Him saying he was glad I was back, despite everything... I couldn't just sit across the table from him anymore without doing something. I got up and rushed over and wrapped my arms around his shoulders to hug him. Maybe I was being dramatic but I couldn't even describe how much I'd missed being able to do that. Nothing brought me more comfort or more of a feeling of safety than being with my best friend and I just wanted to be able to give even a little bit of that back. He deserved that and more. You've no idea how glad I am too. No matter how many people I was around I still felt lonely. I missed you. I sniffed a little myself as I pulled back, but not fully letting go of him yet. And don't worry about Felicia, she has no reason to hate you. Or she won't once we explain the full story. I already told her I knew about Brad and that's why I'd be so against him. She seemed a little shocked but then said she wished she'd listened to me, so I think she'll be more understand about it than you think. Maybe even sympathize since she's seen how angry Brad can get too. I looked down at him for a moment before pushing closed and giving him another hug, careful not to squeeze too tightly given what we'd just been in hospital for. Plus as soon as she finds out you broke his nose I'm sure she'll absolutely love you. I joked lightly, thinking that Allegra would probably dance with happiness whenever she was told too. Usually I didn't like the idea of violence but the discomfort the mark on my cheek brought made it difficult for me to feel bad about it.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:06 am

Quote Begin A cold beer is totally more refreshing than water.Quote End I grumbled in reply, but although I glared at the jug of water, it was with a begrudging resignation that beer would be out of the question for a while. I might have hated doctors, and I might have hated water, but I didn't actually have a death wish or any will to go back into the hospital after causing more complications. Apparently I'd already caused enough of them. It just sucked that everything I enjoyed was somehow bad for me. Quote Begin ..yeah.Quote End I gave a small nod at the cherry flavour, and a small, forced smile to Avery. She was obviously making efforts to try and help and as annoyed as I was with the situation I was in, it wasn't exactly her fault I was in it.

I let out a loud, sighing exhale through my flared nostrils, almost wanting to spit at the bad taste extended thoughts of Brad bought to my mouth. Quote Begin He's such a fucking asshole.. some of that shit he said, shit - some of the shit he's done, it just makes me want to...Quote End I broke off, unable to put into words the way I was picturing tearing him limb from limb, and then spitting on his stupid corpse after, Quote Begin he just gets me so fucking mad. But fuck.. punching him did feel good. I guess I've sorta wanted to do that since I last saw him...Quote End I broke off again, but this time not to glare, but to smirk darkly. It had felt ridiculously satisfying when my fist had met his face, and the resounding crunch that had resulted was better than any music I'd ever heard. I'd forgotten what it was like to fight and actually feel like you were getting somewhere or doing something, rather than being outplayed at every move by things that shouldn't even exist or be able to happen.

The thought sobered me up slightly from my Brad-punching high, and I picked at the front of my sweater. It was the one I usually slept in and still couldn't believe Avery had been so desperate to get me to the hospital that she hadn't cared what I was wearing. But when I looked back over the past hours, it was difficult to believe that all of it had actually happened.

Quote Begin It just sucks you had to get caught up in it. And it's.. it's not just that he's done wrong, Quote End I floundered slightly, shaking my head as I tried to sort through the thoughts inside it. How many things did people think I'd done wrong? How many things did I know that I'd done wrong, deep down? Even the ones it seemed like I'd gotten away with, but did that make me like Brad? And if he got under my skin, wouldn't that mean I let him? Quote Begin He didn't get under my skin or in my head or whatever. But it was still his fault - it's not just that he's done wrong stuff. It's.. different. He's worse than that. I'm not -Quote End I broke off before I let my thoughts slip out, quickly closing my mouth and glancing up to Avery. Looking away with a shake of my head, I shrugged. Quote Begin He's an asshole. I guess that's just.. it.Quote End

It was a lot easier to deal with what happened if I just tried to blame Brad for it all. That could also be a rule for my whole life. If I'd never got involved with Brad, maybe I'd still be at home. Everything that happened might just be his fault. And my father's, obviously. If neither of them had been in my life then I'd have been fine. I'd never have had to come to Index, and all the shit never would have happened...

But at the same time, I might never have met Avery either. Or even if I had, in New York at some point, we might not have been friends.

I immediately stiffened slightly when she hugged me, nervous of my side being nudged from it happening before, just letting Avery hug me but not moving much myself. But the second time she hugged me I flung aside my cares, gritted my teeth against the repetitive, sharp pain in my chest every time I moved or angled my body a certain way and instead threw myself into returning the hug. My arms wrapped around Avery's body tightly and I was practically squeezing her, but I didn't want to let go at first, or let her let go. Gradually my grip lessened and I sniffed, smiling smugly against her shoulder at the thought of Brad's broken nose. Quote Begin Yeah, Quote End How proud I was filtered through into my voice, and I leaned back slightly to side-eye Avery in case she suddenly got all anti-violence again. Quote End And he started it. But, yeah.. I guess Felicia will like it. Kind of? Well, I guess she will if she hates him. But if she does get mad, still...Quote End It was something I was expecting, and actually dreading a little. I'd never had to come face to face with one of Brad's girlfriends with them knowing I'd been involved with him. With them not knowing it had always been awkward enough, Quote Begin I mean, I could sort of.. stay upstairs or something? Y'know, I just.. Quote End I broke off again, sighing, Quote Begin Breakups suck.Quote End I scowled, thinking of Jesse, and then glanced self-consciously to Avery, and then down at myself, shrugging. Quote Begin I never thought I'd have one, I mean, a relationship to have a breakup for, and.. I guess I wish I never did.Quote End I didn't exactly hate Jesse, but I was angry at how it had ended. At how it had ended. The whole relationship had just gone to shit, and only proven my worst fear true - that worse fear being the very reason I'd actually gone into a relationship to try and prove wrong in the first place.

I pulled away from Avery when I could feel myself really starting to get emotional, sniffing and rubbing at my eyes before setting them on the jug on the table. I poured a glass of the cherry flavoured water and chugged half of it down. Quote Begin So.. where did you go? On your photoshoot thing?Quote End I rubbed at the glass in my hands and risked a glance towards Avery.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:45 pm

A small smile tugged at my lips when he disagreed with me about the refreshing properties of water. I'd been expecting as much when I'd said it and it was amusing to see just how well I knew him. Well enough that I could almost predict some reactions, but certainly not all of them. I knew for a fact that Lenny was still very much capable of surprising me and I liked that too. I hoped I never knew someone so well that every action they made was expected. Fine, I see that you've made up your mind about that and I won't try and change it. And even I think there are some days when nothing hits the spot like a cold beer. Especially in summer. Some tequila beer with a lime wedge when you were sitting near the beach, that was absolutely idyllic to me. But water wins on the hydration front and you definitely need to keep on top of that. I reminded him, ripping open the sachet and and shaking the contents into the jug of water. When I was done I realized I hadn't brought a stirrer or even a spoon, but instead of getting up again I reached for the takeout bag, pulling out own of the plastic utensils they provided for people who didn't use the chopsticks. There, all done and delicious. Probably. I said when I'd stopped stirring, joking around a little bit.

You won't find me disagreeing with you. Brad is... I just don't see how someone like that got away with treating people badly for so long. He must've wronged a lot of people over the years. Someone like that... I just can't imagine him not having made plenty of enemies. He's absolutely despicable. I like to think I was a fairly reasonable person and I hoped I had a forgiving nature. There was a large part of me that wanted to see the good in people and look past what other people might see as inadmissible character flaws. But with Brad I just couldn't do that. I was incapable of giving him the benefit of the doubt because right to my very core I didn't believe he deserved it. I didn't hold it against Lenny that he'd enjoyed punching him, either. In fact I actually understood it. I'll tell you a secret, I'm kind of mad at myself for not trying to take a swing at him too. I told him, letting out an exaggerated, wistful-sounding sigh. 

But when Lenny spoke again I sobered up once more. It was obvious that he was going to spend some time brooding over everything that had happened tonight and it made sense that he would. Even I was sure that I'd be thinking about the events that had transpired more than once. I'm glad I was here, honestly. Maybe not so much for the bruise but I'm glad I was able to be here for you.I stopped, biting the inside of my cheek as Lenny struggled with whatever he was trying to say, but I couldn't hold back a small laugh when he concluded that Brad was 'just an asshole'. I think he's just a horrible person at the heart of it. Some people do bad things but then they realize they've done wrong and try and make up for it. I truly think Brad is just someone who will never see it like that. Even if he did apologize for something my guess is that he'd be doing it for manipulative reasons, not because he actually felt bad for whatever he'd done. And in my own opinion you just couldn't help that kind of person.

I hadn't expected Lenny to hug me back, simply because I knew he must've been so sore at that point. It was why I'd be careful to only hug him lightly and avoid jostling him as much as I could. The way he'd held himself so still at first made sense to me and I hadn't thought anything negative of it. So when he did in fact hug my back I was surprised. Surprised and a little anxious but those feeling were overshadowed by just how good it felt- just like before our falling out or whatever you would call it- even if I was almost being squeezed to death. I laughed a little breathlessly when he spoke, looking down at him when his grip loosened. Indeed he did. And Felicia will definitely be happy to hear about that. She was sad when we spoke but I know her well enough to be sure that she'll have moved on to anger by the time see gets here. I know she won't be mad at you Lenny, you met her once, it's not like you were obligated to start warning her off Brad. People tend to not respond well to hearing things like that from someone they don't know. I stated honestly, sure of the things I was saying. And you most certainly are not confining yourself to upstairs. You live here Lenny, this is your home for as long as you want it to be. Which I hoped would be for a very long time. I couldn't imagine Lenny not living here anymore. And even though I felt bad for Lenny and my heart went out to him for his breakup with Jesse I was a little relieved too. I wouldn't end up feeling irrationally jealous about having to share my best friend again. Breakups are... messy, that's for sure. Even the most black and white ones. When feelings are involved things are going to get complicated no matter how you try to go about it. I sighed and didn't offer any resistance when Lenny pulled away, just stepping back and giving his shoulder a light, careful squeeze. If you need to talk about... anything really, I'm here. You know that right? Another quick smile down at him and I returned to my seat, then picked up my half-dumpling and finished it off.

How is it? I asked when I noticed had poured a drink of the Wyler's for himself. I still hadn't finished my own glass of water but I took a few sips, curious to see if the cherry flavor was any good. I smiled when he asked about my photo shoot, wondering if he was actually curious of whether he just needed to change in topic. Either way I didn't mind and didn't hesitate in answering. I was actually glad for the topic change too. It was in Costa Rica actually, so not too far but far enough. The scenery was actually breathtaking but it was just so hot. I was getting plastered in sunblock ever couple of hours while we were shooting. I said, near laughter as I thought about the frantic set assistant who'd been running around after making sure I didn't burn. It made me miss Cali actually, it's been so long since I've seen my house there and I actually miss it. I admitted, hating the idea of my home for so many years going practically neglected for so long. What about back here? Did I miss anything Index-y?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:58 pm

I pushed my glass away, sighing a little as I tried to see things from Avery's point of view. Quote Begin I guess.. I always tried not to think about it, but probably, I mean.. there's probably a lot of people he hurt if I think about it.Quote End I eased into a smile when Avery sighed and pushed at her a little. Quote Begin Well, yeah, that'd have been funny, seeing you hit him. But.. fuck, I mean...Quote End I looked down at myself and then back up at her. The thought of Brad going all out on Avery wasn't something I wanted to think about, or even her with similar injuries to mine. Thinking about it actually made me feel relieved I was hurt, in a way - that it was me and not Avery. Quote Begin And I dunno, you're probably right. I guess I never really knew much about him anyway, and what I thought I knew... shit, his hate for gay stuff and him being in the closet seems to go deeper than I thought.Quote End Maybe this had been a final crossroads between me and Brad. After seeing him hit Avery, I was certain there was no way I wanted to so anything with him again. If he ever came crawling back I didn't even want to give him the time of day. He'd made it obvious that any 'changing' had just been a fucked up lie.

I couldn't help but smile, unable to hide it when Avery pretty much told me off for suggesting I'd stay upstairs. I knew that she liked me there, but every so often I got doubts and being reassured made my heart swell. Quote Begin Thanks.Quote End I said quietly, thinking a little, Quote Begin It's not like I have anywhere else to go, but even if I did, I think I'd want to stay here.Quote End I said with a small smile, glancing up to Avery. Everything felt so much more stable with her there, with her back. Quote Begin And you're probably right again about Felicia.. but, I mean shit, people get different when they're angry, right?Quote End I asked, still worrying. The last thing I wanted was for my home to feel unsafe with the arrival of a guest who might hate me. I shook my head, trying not to think about it, or Jesse, too much. I reached out to grab my fork and poked it at my food, angling my torso so moving my arm wouldn't annoy my ribs too much. Quote Begin I think that was the problem. That I didn't want to talk about shit. I don't know what the big deal with it is.Quote End I said darkly, then glanced up to Avery, narrowing my eyes, Quote Begin Shouldn't there be ice-cream after breakups? That's a thing, right?Quote End I asked, hopeful to try and get some extra ice-cream out of the shitty outcome from my relationship. It made it seem less like it had all been for nothing.

The water had been something to do rather than for thirst, so I had to take another sip to properly taste it and answer Avery's question. Quote Begin Okay, I guess. I mean it's still water... but sort of better than just water.Quote End I took another sip, then set the glass down to start properly eating, listening to Avery as I chewed. Quote Begin Costa Rica? Got any pictures?Quote End I asked, Quote Begin And it's been kind of hot here too, for Index anyway. Or more.. sunny than hot. Not sun-block hot.. except maybe for you.Quote End I smirked. Avery seemed to burn in next to no sun. I'd actually tanned, and my freckles had spread. Noticing it had also made me notice how un-tanned I'd been previously, and how fucking white I was because of tan lines. The slight tan I'd developed had just been from smoking outside at home, and on break at work, and it was no surprise I'd been so pasty when most of my time I'd just been hidden away indoors. Thinking of Costa Rica made me realise how long it had been since I'd been somewhere hot. Quote Begin We could go to Cali sometime?Quote End I suggested, smiling at the idea as it came to me, Quote Begin I mean, if I have to be off work anyway, yeah? And.. the sun's probably good for pneumonia or whatever anyway, right? And you can check your house there and whatever.Quote End I said, trying everything I could to try and sway Avery and getting a bit too excited, having to stop to cough and catch my breath. In thinking about it, I'd completely forgotten that Felicia was even coming to stay or how nervous I'd been. But a vacation sounded perfect. No Jesse, no Brad, no vampiric stalkers sending me letters. Just me, Avery and the sun.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics