setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Wheels - Page 2

[Private] Wheels

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Wheels

Valla Satura |

Posted on Sat May 16, 2015 8:24 pm

There was a certain amount of tension building that even though it was, for now, minute, it had the opportunity to build into something that I didn't need. Negative energy was something I liked to avoid and I'd shuck it off as soon as I found it. I nodded towards the kid and the open road, Why don't you take it out and I'll stay here? I'll hold your girlfriend as collateral until you get back. I took another bite of my corn dog and shrugged. If you don't come back, I guess I'm up a girlfriend..."

I smirked and then offered the black haired girl a wink to let her at least know that I wasn't serious. I re-opened the car door and grabbed my bag, slinging it over my shoulder, the objects inside clanked together in some strange cocophony of sounds. Then, to seal the deal, I jangled my keys at him again. Don't be gone too long. I don't have a lot of gas left.

The corn dog was swallowed and I looked to the girl, You don't mind do you? Keeping me company, that is... do you?

Back to top Go down

Claire Trevino

Claire Trevino | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu May 21, 2015 7:27 pm

It wasn't the girlfriend joke that shocked me, no, it was her letting Chase, a complete stranger to her, take off in her own car. I understood one reason - I was probably being pretty transparent with my jealousy. Damn, again, I didn't want to be that girl. But seriously, either she was really trusting, or she really wanted rid of that car. I couldn't imagine someone being nice enough to risk a stolen car to patch up some stranger's jealousy. So I was yes, relieved of my jealousy, and it was replaced by a load of curiosity and a desire to figure out an appropriate way to ask if she was trying to give the car away for free or if she really just trusted people that much. No matter how I worded it in my head, it just sounded rude. So, I just... brushed over it in my own way.

That's incredibly nice of you. Chase will be back with the car, whether that's your intention or not, I grinned. Chase hadn't even paid attention. He snatched the keys and bowed. "I'll even give the tank a courtesy fill." And honestly, I felt even sillier about my mood. I could tell he hadn't even thought about the girl. Once he'd obtained the keys, he waved us off and I knew he was in a completely different world. I kinda got it, but not really. Yeah, I was really understanding cars, how they worked, and I found myself eyeing cars I wanted all the time. With so many fast, gorgeous, even sexy looking cars out there, why this one? I felt sorry for the girl for having to drive it around, but I wouldn't say so. He pulled off and I began heading for the door.

Not at all, if you can put up with me. I'm afraid I'm really not all that interesting. Name's Claire, by the way. I held the door open for her.

Back to top Go down

Valla Satura |

Posted on Fri May 22, 2015 11:15 am

I couldn't help but laugh at Claire's reply. I'm not entirely worried about him coming back... it's a small town. He wouldn't be hard to find. Besides, I don't think he'd get very far in that car. It was after Chase climbed into the car I focused on my new 'friend' and offered my hand to her. It's nice to meet you, Claire. I'm Valla.

There was something in the way she looked at me that made me immediately realize that she questioned my motives. I was generally pretty good at reading people... and Claire seemed to be no exception. The second or two that passed after offering my hand to her was enough to give her a good once or twice over. I noticed the scar on her neck but I didn't linger. It was none of my business despite how curious it made me. This girl obviously had been through some shit. I wasn't about to pry.

Then, just to keep things cordial, I reached out for her wrist. It might have been a little forward, but it wasn't threatening. At least, it wasn't my intention. I love your bracelets... where did you get them?

Turning her wrist over in my fingers, delicately, I studied the jewelry, but I had alterior motives.

Back to top Go down

Claire Trevino

Claire Trevino | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu May 28, 2015 7:27 pm

She was such a good sport that I was really beginning to feel bad for the initial cattiness I'd felt. It was something I had started to realize that it was burned in women's heads by society, and that was something we each had to realize and fight and try to avoid planting that cancerous seed into our younger generation. If there was any reason I had for wanting children, it was in hopes of creating a better world.

I'm glad to meet you too, and I'm glad you're not holding it against me that my boyfriend was gawking at your car. I'm pretty embarrassed to be honest.

Oh, thanks! The bracelets um.. they're kind of mix and match really. Honestly a lot of my junk is from Walmart and Target. I'm kind of cheap, really, I said, grinning, hoping that any funky vibes I'd had were fading. I genuinely wanted a friend, and really wanted to wipe out my jealous streak.

So I see you've eaten already. Are you up for a drink or two while we wait on Chase?

Back to top Go down

Valla Satura |

Posted on Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:45 pm

Her response made me laugh softly, I couldn’t help it really.  Cheap is good. I like cheap. I then moved through the open door she held  and stepped into the place. I had to pause just inside the door to take a look around. Drinks are good, too.

The building smelled like it had been smoked in for decades and just recently cleaned up to accommodate new legislation regarding smoking in public places. It was kind of like someone had shampooed the carpets and sprayed air freshener on everything else to try and cover it up when really, they should have just replaced everything. There was a bar against the far wall and then booths lining the exterior walls. It wasn’t extraordinarily busy which meant conversation would be easy.

I hoisted my sling-style bag up higher onto my shoulder and then looked to Claire. “Should we sit at the bar?” I nodded towards it and then eyed the single tender. A man in his early thirties likely, a little over-weight but otherwise mildly attractive.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics