setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open] The Correct Change - Page 2

[Open] The Correct Change

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open] The Correct Change

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Sat May 02, 2015 7:29 am

I was very grateful for the change, but damn if I felt bad that she'd have to come back because of me. I looked at my small bag of laundry, and then back to the piles the woman had laid out, sizing things up in my head. I opened up my bag and sorted through them, humming to myself and smiling as I was sure my plan would work.

But when I turned round to offer up a solution to the change problem, it was just in time to see the woman fly right into the row of machines. I stood, watching wide eyed in surprise, before jolting forward myself.

Quote Begin Shit, are you okay?Quote End I rushed over to her, a hand on her arm as I checked just in case she was badly hurt. I cringed, prepared for the worse case scenario - blood - but fortunately there didn't seem to be any and I let out a small sigh of relief. She just seemed more embarrassed than anything. I took the opportunity to stoop down to collect up some of the fallen clothes, hiding my smile at what had happened. She'd literally flown over the floor towards the machines. There was underwear among the fallen clothes and I tried to tuck it inside the bundle and pretend I hadn't seen it, and as I collected it up it became obvious that the strange smell from earlier was from the washing. Weed, it definitely smelled of weed, mingled with something else. My hands came to a hot red bra as I was pulling the bundle of clothes together and I raised my eyebrows, but when I pulled at it, it wouldn't give. I followed the strap and realized it was trapped under her foot and that there was no point pretending I hadn't seen that.

Quote Begin You might want to get that.. I think the machines have had enough excitement today? Quote End I joked, standing back up, Quote Begin I wouldn't want you to trip again.Quote End I held out the small pile of clothes I'd scooped up from the vicinity, remaining articles still lying further away and near the table she'd taken over. Quote Begin Also, I was gonna suggest sharing a machine. I've only got enough to half-fill one of these monsters at best and if it means you don't have to drag your stuff back here then, then why not?Quote End I smiled at her, trying not to think of the red bra wrapped around her foot. Sharing a machine, even if it was dirty washing, didn't seem a big deal when I'd already seen her underwear. Quote Begin And I'm sorry to disappoint, but my underwear isn't as exciting as yours.Quote End I smirked.

Back to top Go down

Valla Satura |

Posted on Sat May 02, 2015 10:55 am

The sheer mortification that I felt turned my guts and made my face turn hot and red; searing with awkward humiliation. With wide-eyed surprise, I looked to his face first and searched out some kind of reassurance that he wasn’t mocking me but that was cut-short when I felt the tug on my foot and I glanced down to find the source. Sure. Of course. It was likely the sexiest bra that I owned.

I didn’t even know what to say. Trying to conjure words at this point was moot because whatever I said would only add to my embarrassment, I was sure of it. I decided playing it off nonchalant would be my best course of action.   Oh? You mean… you don’t wear bright red underwear?

I was certain there was still quite a bit of shame in my body language. Not much I could do about it, really. I bent down to pick up the bra, trying to do it as quickly as possible. In my haste, however, I only managed to grab and stretch it only to lose my grasp and have it snap back towards my foot. Gritting my teeth I tried to dislodge it from around my sandal but it wouldn’t budge. It took several tries… long, agonizing seconds, of playing with my negligée to get it unhooked and safely stowed in the washing machine where it belonged. There it was, a second round of blushing.

After clearing my throat and taking a moment to sober myself, I glanced up at him again with a sheepish grin. Why couldn’t he just be mediocre looking? Or old… or witless? If he was just unattractive this wouldn’t be a big deal… but now he knew what kind of underwear I wore.

Share a machine? I waffled over the idea and glanced to the several large commercial machines we were surrounded by and then down to the mass of clothes he still held for me. I reached out to take them, shoving them with a bit of finiteness into the washer that had so unabashedly assaulted me. Once all the items were inside, I closed the lid to keep them from escaping.
Sure. We can share…  thanks. I really wasn’t all that excited about coming back in the morning… you have whites to do?

Change the topic. Brilliant. Good strategy. Keep cool.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Sat May 02, 2015 1:48 pm

Quote Begin No... not bright red.Quote End I said, biting my lip to hold in laughter at the difficulty the woman had extracting her bra from her shoe. For the first time it'd be a woman complaining how difficult they were to get off...

I hid my smile behind my hand, but it doubtless did nothing to hide the mirth in my eyes. I scratched at my neck, unable to dislodge my grin with a shake of my head, and turned to open up my bag of laundry.

Quote Begin No, just darks and colours. Nothing delicate or previously unwashed wither. You have both, I'm guessing?Quote End I had a wool sweater that could do with a wash, but there was no way I was going to entrust it to these machines. It could wait until I got my own one, so until then it was necessities and items of clothing that were hard-wearing. That didn't include white t-shirts. Quote Begin And I don't blame you.. places like this are depressing enough coming once. I'm Rupert, by the way.Quote End I said with a grin, folding my arms and standing back, watching the woman sort out her machine. The trip to the laundromat was a lot more entertaining than I'd been expecting, and I still wasn't sure what to make of the woman in front of me.

Back to top Go down

Valla Satura |

Posted on Sat May 02, 2015 2:20 pm

I gave the lid of the washing machine a tap with my index finger.   There’s still room in this one for colored stuff… and I have some more to do, too. I’m sure between the two of us we have three loads… and then I’ll pay for my whites.  

With a little shrug, I glanced around the laundromat taking in the scene and then after I had made the precursory look around, I found him in my sights again. It’s not so depressing, really… I really wouldn’t have had so much excitement doing laundry at home. Can you think of a better way to spend your Tuesday night? I can’t.

I winked. Oh, Valla, you cheeky asshole.

The warmth from my embarrassment was finally beginning to fade and so with a quick stroke of my fingers, I tucked some of my hair behind my ear and then offered my hand as formal introductions began. Valla. It’s nice to meet you, Rupert. I punctuated my sentence with the most charming smile I could muster. I still had a chance to prove I was relatively civilized. Civilized people shook hands. I had that much going for me.

My teeth captured the inside of my lower lip as I watched him. I couldn’t get over his smile even if he tried to hide it from me. It was rather adorable how he tried to save me some face.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Sun May 03, 2015 7:36 am

I nodded at her explanations, taking them in, but not giving them much wait. There was much more interesting things to do.

I bit my tongue and grinned, showing off my tongue stud. Quote Begin I can think of a few ways.Quote End I shot back, smirking suggestively at her wink. Things had just gotten a lot more interesting in the 'depressing laundromat'.

Quote Begin You too.Quote End I said, gaze on Valla's, shaking her hand with a raised eyebrow - it wasn't a thing I'd experienced women doing often. I let my thumb brush over her hand before letting go, wondering about this unusual woman. Putting together her strangely scented washing, the fact she had so much, her quirky manner and then her name too meant she was definitely interesting. And I could never resist a woman who teased.

I pursed my lips at her in thought before returning to my laundry. I separated it into two piles, taking the smaller pile of brighter coloured clothes and placing my items into the machine Valla had already put a lot of her things into. The lid only just closed so I removed a few, not wanting to overfill it.

Stepping back from the machine, I looked over to Valla. Quote Begin That's an unusual name, Valla. Is it foreign?Quote End I asked, watching her with amusement and intrigue.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics