setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open] The Correct Change - Page 7

[Open] The Correct Change

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open] The Correct Change

Valla Satura |

Posted on Sat May 23, 2015 10:30 pm

Oh, I'm up for it. That's why I suggested it. I just hope you can keep up with me... No longer dangling my legs, I crossed them and leaned heavily onto my right hand, my left resting on my naked knee. I found myself soaking in his eyes again. The shade of green that they were was unlike most green eyes -- so vibrant and saturated. Not to mention the heavy lids that covered them were like... James Dean or some shit. We'll go this weekend. You have plans? That way I can find some place to stay and unpack a little. I was temporarily reminded of real-world responsibilities and I made a mental note to find a newspaper or something in order to find some place to call my own. My own at least for a few months. The thought of house-hunting almost made me physically ill but I was so tired of being in my car that I was willing to go through the agony. Grow up, Valla.

Maybe if I was lucky, Rupert would invite me to stay with him tonight... even if his plumbing was screwed up.

The second machine buzzed to a stop and I immediately hopped down to open it and pry from its insides guts made of cotton, polyester, and a myriad of other fabrics. You really have no idea how much I appreciate you sharing these machines with me... By turning just 180 degrees I was able to stuff the damp laundry into a dryer right behind me. I wish there was some way I could make it up to you...

As soon as I said it, I glanced over the top of my shoulder to make eye contact with him as I dropped the dryer lid down onto the machine and turned the knobs to the right settings. Before I was able to get change, I leaned against the machine, putting my hands against its level, front edge behind me and watching him. The posture was far from demure but it only lasted a moment before I approached him slowly and held out my hand for a couple quarters to drop into it.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Wed May 27, 2015 1:01 pm

Quote Begin That suits me fine.Quote End I nodded, casually folding my arms again. I'd planned to do a little work at the weekend, having taken days off during the week to get my place sorted, but that was the marvel of being self-employed, and in my particular skill area - there were aspects of my work I could do whatever hour of the day I liked. Quote Begin And don't worry - that won't be a problem...Quote End A smirk slowly spread across my lips and I let my gaze linger on Valla before turning away, glancing over the room of the laundromat from my position of one hip leaned against a washes.

It didn't take long for my gaze to return to Valla, sweeping once more up her legs. It was difficult to avoid looking at them when they seemed so obviously on display and her suggestiveness left me slightly breathless. It wasn't just what she said, how she said it, or even the way Valla leaned around and looked at me, but the striking combination of all three. I arched a brow and looked down at her when she approached, reaching to take some coins from my pocket to drop into her hand without breaking eye contact. Quote Begin Shouldn't it be me thanking you? I was the one without a literal cent to my name...Quote End I said, the corners of my mouth still ever so slightly tilted upwards. I shrugged, pretended to have a deep think and let my gaze search the room, while only actually thinking briefly, and looked back to Valla.

Quote Begin We've helped each other is the way I see it. We could continue doing that if you wanted... My washer might not be plumbed in and working.. but my bathroom's great, and my kitchen too. You seem to like living in your car, and I'm not saying it isn't great.. but I don't guess it's easy to shower in that situation. So what say I loan you out my bathroom facilities... and maybe you could see about those brownies you mentioned earlier? Help each other out. Quote End I said, emphasis on the last sentence and my gaze losing focus from Valla's eyes and settling on her lips instead.

Back to top Go down

Valla Satura |

Posted on Wed May 27, 2015 4:19 pm

The cheerful metallic clanking of the change as it fell into my palm inspired a grin to form on my lips. What he said afterwards, only made it grow and multiply. Brownies for a shower? I can do that. Seems like we're both in need of a little... help.

Achievement unlocked. Sometimes I wondered if I had some kind of psychic ability to make people think whatever I wanted them to. It was a manipulative talent passed down to me from my female relatives. Maybe it was part of being a gypsy; learning how to get things for free without giving up much in reciprocation. I turned away from Rupert and deposited the change he had given me into the machine slot and pushed the power knob to send it into action tumbling the clothes into a heated tornado. After closing the lid, I turned to look at him again, and I caught him checking out my legs. 

There was really no greater compliment.

I blushed. It was something that I couldn't control. I liked knowing that men looked at me; especially ones as good looking and charming as Rupert. I took the silent adoration as an invitation.

I closed in the small distance between us and stood directly in front of him. Time to turn on the coy. Tilting my head a little to the side, and glancing up at him, I smiled for him and then tugged a little on the front of his sweater. You know, I'm not usually so forward but... I think I'm looking forward to getting a tour of your place.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:03 am

My stretching grin reflected Valla's. Quote Begin 'Sounds like it... so've you got everything you need for the brownies? Quote End I asked, veiling my motive for asking behind a calm, inquisitive gaze. Too many people underestimated the effect just listening could have on someone. Especially women...

I hoped she did have all the ingredients, and wasn't just some freeloader, expecting the evening to turn into weeks if she offered up her body. Obviously I knew the implication of my invitation, but it was a one night only, singular ticket, not a summer tour. Valla was an intriguing enough woman, but I wasn't looking for a roommate, permanent or otherwise, and it was difficult not to form certain reservations when she was.. how she was.

So I just smiled an easy smile, choosing not to worry but let the evening be what it would end up being. My smile faltered slightly when Valla tugged at my sweater and I took her hand in mine, drawing it away from my clothes. I let my gaze linger on her hand a second, then back up to her eyes. I held on for a second before letting her hand drop.

Quote Begin Oh yeah?Quote End I eased back into a smile, this time a smirk, Quote Begin You should be looking forward to it. It'll have you wanting a place of your own in no time.Quote End I joked. The gap between us was diminishing, and I leaned in, my hand very gently brushing up Valla's arm.

Another buzz from my phone immediately distracted me. I turned away from Valla, giving enough space for me to get out my phone and check the notification. It was just one from a game but the previous moment between Valla and I was broken and so was the mood.. for the time being.

Quote Begin So when this load's finished.. did you want to follow me to my place?Quote End I said, biting slightly at my lip to try and disguise a smirk, Quote Begin Or is a shower worth enough for brownies and a lift back?Quote End Otherwise she'd be following the cab I'd have to get, but I'd already expected that Valla's answer would be yes. Quote Begin We can sort out our clothes there..Quote End I added on, just as one of the other machines beeped to alert us it was finished.

Back to top Go down

Valla Satura |

Posted on Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:25 pm

I hated cell phones. I really did. The reason I hated them was demonstrated plainly by Rupert when his device beeped and buzzed right in front of me. I hoped that I had managed to hide my disappointment effectively, to guarantee it, I turned away to tend to some laundry stuff. There was some I wasn't going to get washed tonight so I began to pack it away. Most of it was cooler weather stuff, thankfully. I wouldn't need it any time soon.

Yeah, I mean, I have the herbs for it... I don't usually carry brownie mix around with me, though. That would make me the most efficient stoner on the planet. You have flour, eggs, baking soda, sugar, and cocoa powder? That's all you really need. If you don't have cocoa... I could just add butter or brown sugar and make blondies. Just call me Betty Crocker. Then a genius idea struck me. I turned towards him a bit wide-eyed with a grin. ...Or fucking banana bread. That would be so good. Do you have bananas?

My brilliance deserved an award. I was so under-appreciated.

The second washer completed its cycle and buzzed in a manner that suggested it required some kind of mechanical maintenance... and soon! I turned to take care of it, opening the machine and bending over it to reach down into the bottom of the barrel to pull out the soaked clothes stuck tight against the metal. I might have exaggerated my bending over just a little bit. Maybe the view would distract him from his phone for a little longer. But yeah, sure, I can give you a ride. No big deal. All of my stuff for a shower is in the car anyway...

When all the wet articles were safely tucked into the next dryer, I turned once again to get change from him to start it. Clean clothes, a shower, brownies... and some grown-up fun? I was really looking forward to finishing the laundry.

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics