setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open] The Correct Change - Page 5

[Open] The Correct Change

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open] The Correct Change

Valla Satura |

Posted on Sat May 16, 2015 1:00 pm

The change in events was one that I had never experienced before. People didn't just stop getting the palm read. They were usually too overcome by the idea that someone could figure them out based on some lines and bumps on their hands. I didn't even have to look at my hand to answer his question. I knew my hand by heart. The smile that grew across my face was likely a bit less 'smirky' and more genuine than all the others before it. Rupert had my full attention; not even the sound of the machines banging around in the background disrupted my focus.

Mine is high. It means that I can be a prideful person who loves to flatter other people. Someone who is extravagant and quick-tempered... I held my hand open for him to navigate as he saw fit. Frankly, I was curious about what he'd do next. I liked this game we had created. Whatever it was... whatever the goal, it was entertaining and I enjoyed the back-and-forth.

I licked my lips and the candy in my mouth once again clanked against my teeth. The sour-sweet was dwindling down to only a sliver as the seconds wore on. My smile grew a little as I bit into it and broke it in half. What else do you want to know, Rupert?

The fact that he didn't seem interested in learning about himself spoke volumes. He either had something he was guarding, had alterior motives, or lacked the egotistical streak most men had. It was revealing perhaps despite his intentions. Or maybe I was just reading too much into things. I had a habit of doing that.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Sat May 16, 2015 1:22 pm

Listening, I pressed into the 'Sun's Mount' on Valla's hand, alternating between harder pressure and more of a caress, maintaining eye contact as I listened. I nearly broke into a grin that I actually tried to hide at one word, unable to prevent the incredulous expression that flitted across my face. Quote Begin Extravagant?Quote End I repeated, with a pointed glance to Valla's car out in the street. It didn't add up with what I thought of extravagance, but really it was just another side to her that made me more intrigued. Quote Begin I hope that doesn't bring out your quick-tempered side...Quote End I said, managing to sound vaguely apologetic and amused simultaneously.

I let my thumb drift over her hand, moving my other to dance my fingers across her palm too, as well as my gaze. I only glanced up at the audible click and crack of her candy being broken, raising one eyebrow before looking back down. I could have asked anything, and I took my time musing it over, enjoying the moment. I toyed slightly at my lip with my teeth and rubbed my tongue piercing across the top of my mouth, eyes tracing the shapes of Valla's hand. I held it in mine firmly but gently, trying not to press too hard. I let my finger run across a particular curve through her palm, the line that cut from between pointer and middle finger and swooped down to below her pinky.

Quote Begin This line.... what does this one reveal about you?Quote End I asked, stroking my short nail along it and looking to Valla's face for any reaction.

Back to top Go down

Valla Satura |

Posted on Sat May 16, 2015 1:38 pm

I couldn't help but glance out at my car. With a slight tilt in the axis of my head and a playful wrinkle of my nose, I replied almost immediately. What? My car is an obvious indicator of my predilection for the finer things in life... It was a piece of shit. It was one oil change away from dying on me but somehow it kept running. I was convinced this was because of all the good karma I'd sent into the world.

Beyond us, the buzzer on one of the machines went off indicating that its rinse cycle had completed. I ignored it though once I felt the pressure of his finger begin to stray across the 'spanse of my palm. The heart line. The one line in a palm reading everyone wanted to know about. Remaining as quick witted as I could be, I replied. That line means that I'm gorgeous, charming, desirable, intelligent, talented and all-around awesome... My lie was so obvious it was clearly a ruse.

In the moment following what I said, there was a deep-seated desire to lie about what it actually said if he pressed me for some sort of factual reply. Even though as a Gypsy had I some reason to believe in the skill of palmistry, and I never doubted the readings my grand mother had given me, that was the one part I never wanted to accept. It was odd to me that of all the lines on my hand that was the one he chose. It was either a completely random selection, or he  knew what the line meant and was attempting to elicit a flirtacious response.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Mon May 18, 2015 8:19 am

Quote Begin Apart from cars, huh?Quote End I grinned easily, testing the waters with some gentle teasing. Although I was yet to own a car myself and so relied on taxis as a mode of transportation, it was out of choice rather than being unable to drive. I loved cars and that meant I refused to drive around in some rust bucket. Instead I was searching for the perfect one, a car both classy and powerful - and also within my price range.

I looked back up to Valla's face, not phased by the sound that buzzed through the laundromat. There was a change in Valla's expression, slight, but after the way she suddenly changed the tone of the palm reading it wasn't difficult for me to work out that change had been on purpose. Either the line meant something she didn't want to reveal, or she wasn't as knowledgeable in palmistry as she claimed, or a host of different reasons. Quote Begin You can tell all that from a line in your skin... powerful stuff.Quote End I smiled and smoothed over her palm before letting go of Valla's hand.

Quote Begin So if you're not splashing your cash on a car.. I'm guessing you probably spend your money on clothes and makeup instead. Not just because you're a woman, Quote End I grinned at the thought of the typical female stereotype and that as much as they complained, it was usually true, Quote Begin But you look very nice.Quote End [/b]Quote End My gaze was drawn to the unusual shapes of jewelry round her neck as I subtly looked over her clothes I half-assumed she spent her income - if she had income - on.. Quote Begin Your necklace especially, it looks very unique. I like it.Quote End

I stood up, slowly rather than abruptly, and gestured towards the washing machine. Quote Begin It sounded like one of the rinses finished a minute ago. D'you have a preference of which next?Quote End

Back to top Go down

Valla Satura |

Posted on Mon May 18, 2015 10:15 pm

Once he released my hand I leaned back against the hard, plastic chair and then glanced down at the piece around my neck. Without much thought, I fondled the geometrical pendant and admired it for a second before I glanced back up at him. Thanks... I found it at a flea market in Portland... and I don't know if its exactly any of your business what I spend my money on. Is that what civilized people talk about?
I hoped that the playful tone I took was enough to ease any unintentional insult. I did sort of just call him 'uncivilized'.

When he stood up to take care of the laundry, I was momentarily relieved and took the opportunity to study his backside in detail. His ass wasn't the only thing that intrigued me, though.  He had amazing energy that I was beginning to find myself drawn to, but I was careful. I had to be. It was times like this that I found I had to constantly remind myself that I wasn't human and that anyone else could be a potential threat. Yeah, that's right. I knew about the history of witches in this country and I knew there were still people out there that did their best to eliminate them. Deep down, I always thought this was one of the reasons my grandmother insisted we move so often.

When his back was to me, I watched him without any sort of effort to disguise it. Nope. Whatever you need next is fine... The expanse of his shoulders was impressive and he was tall... and frankly, stacked. Now that my candy was gone I had nothing else to occupy my mouth so I chewed on the inside of my lip and stood up to help out with the 'chores'.

Approaching from behind, I side-stepped to his flank and nudged him with my elbow. I'll put this stuff in the dryer if you put in the next load...

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics