setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open] The Correct Change - Page 4

[Open] The Correct Change

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open] The Correct Change

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Mon May 11, 2015 4:23 am

My gaze caught the flick of Valla's tongue, the bulge in her cheek, and I heard the audible click of something against her teeth as she moved it in her mouth. Candy, probably, but it made me wonder if she was teasing on purpose. If she was, it had worked. It was difficult for my mind not to immediately go to certain places.

Quote Begin If you'd offered a 'special brownie' I'd have taken you up on it. Quote End I said to Valla's shrug, responding with one of my own. I liked to look after my body, but that didn't mean I didn't like to have fun. Running was something I was very competitive towards myself about though, and I'd noticed how much smoke effected the outcome even just after spending extended periods of time with someone who smoked.

When I looked outside, I'd been expecting something very different to what I saw. Some sort of RV maybe, a camper van? Even a van at least. My eyebrows shot up when I saw the small, old vehicle Valla gestured to. Quote Begin Really?Quote End I asked, a mixture of disbelief and awe. To each there own, but... well, honestly, that wasn't the type of life I'd be envious of. Never mind internet, what would you do for a computer if you lived in a car? And a bathroom, too. I wasn't sure what to say that wouldn't sound in some way insulting, so chose just to smile and not comment on her 'home'.

Quote Begin I grew up here in Index, moved to Cali with my parents in my teens, but just recently moved back. I missed it.. quieter way of life, the forest, the mountains, I think there's something special about it, spiritual - you could call it that if you wanted, I guess. I just got my own place, properly moved in today... but I need to sort some of the plumbing for appliances out still, which is why..Quote End I gestured to myself and the laundromat, smiling wryly. Quote Begin Although the Gypsy girl was an unexpected twist to the night...Quote End I smirked, raising an eyebrow.

With a shrug I relaxed again, letting one of my legs jig up and down. Quote Begin It seems easy, too easy.. but I obviously just got lucky and found what I wanted early in life. Quote End I watched my laundromat companion, thinking. Maybe I'd get cold feet and want to move later, but as much as it made me feel slightly boring, or un-experimental, I was happy I'd moved back to Index. Quote Begin Maybe you just haven't found yours yet - your reason to fight the 'wanderlust'?Quote End I said, completely serious. It was strange to think that humans were just going about, waiting until they found something worthwhile.

Back to top Go down

Valla Satura |

Posted on Tue May 12, 2015 4:55 pm

His mention of 'special' baked goods made me laugh a little. It was short and accompanied by a wink while I continued to nurse that piece of candy. I could make that happen if you're serious...I'm pretty good at baking...  I was so fucking punny. 

I only half-listened to his story. I admit it. Not because I wasn't interested, more because I was trying to figure out what he was thinking and it was hard to do while listening intently to the words coming out of his mouth. I got the jist of his story; born in index, moved to california... blah blah, nature, spiritual... appliances, plumbing. I liked watching his mouth move when he talked. He had nice teeth and nice lips that curled around his words as he formed them. The green in his eyes, however, drew me back to his words like the capitol letter at the beginning of a new sentence. 

Fight it? Why should I fight it? What's wrong with moving from place to place? Living on a wing and a prayer? I hopped down from the washer and crossed the few feet distancing me from Rupert and sat down next to him. Without permission, I reached for his hand and once it was in mine, I flipped it so that his palm was skyward. Has anyone ever read your palm before?

Sure, it was just a Gypsy trick, but it was a good excuse to touch him.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Sat May 16, 2015 10:43 am

I've been told, on multiple occasions, that I'm a 'flirt'. It's not something I consciously did sometimes - simply some mannerisms I naturally have that make it seem that way, playful, easygoing, a good listener so much to apparently lead some people on - but other times, it definitely was a conscious decision. It was hard to resist that teasing, challenging back and forth.. or a woman that had that something bit extra beyond the physical package.

Such was the case with Valla. I felt like I was still sussing her out while my words came easy and smooth. My gaze had mapped out her body, but it was her eyes that I kept getting drawn back to, that sparkle in her pale grey-greens when she spoke. She was intriguing, to say the least. Quote Begin You seem like a girl who's good at a lot of things.Quote End I replied, a pursed-lip smile even on my lips when I spoke.

Quote Begin 'Nothing wrong with it.. but can anyone keep going like that for long? I'm not an advocate of the nine to five here, I don't even do that myself, but I like a little order. A place to call my own. I've thought of travelling myself, but if I did, I'd still want somewhere to go back to after. Quote End Especially since Gabe had gone on his slightly impulsive, but nonetheless exciting trip, I'd been contemplating doing something similar. I liked the idea well enough, but I'd need to think it through a lot more before I actually did anything like that, and I still wasn't sure I'd want to do it alone.

I watched Valla take my hand, eyebrows raised in a mix of surprise and skepticism at her forwardness, but didn't quite pull it back. My smile turned unsure before it went playful and stretched into a closed-mouth grin. Quote Begin Yeah, they have, Quote End I answered. I stretched my fingers out over her hands, appreciating the skin to skin contact and keeping it up with my eyes too, not wavering from Valla's face. I didn't have musicians hands, or those of a worker. My skin was soft, fingers un-calloused as the most wear they received was from strength training at the gym seeing as I spent most of my time at a computer, though my I still maintained that slight, glowing tan. Valla's were smaller in comparison and I waited in anticipation of her touch on my palm. Quote Begin Go ahead though. Maybe you'll surprise me, maybe we'll see how accurate it is?Quote End I asked, tone light. I wasn't disrespectful. I veered more towards thinking fortune telling or palm reading was credible than the opposite, or that there was at least a chance it was. Quote Begin Unless my future's recently changed...Quote End I shot Valla a smirk, stretching out my fingers again in invitation.

Back to top Go down

Valla Satura |

Posted on Sat May 16, 2015 12:26 pm

When his hand was willingly given, I brushed my palm over his in an attempt to wipe away whatever energy lingered on the surface. I did this a couple times all while studying every detail of his hand; temperature, moisture, texture, the length of his fingers, the shape of his fingernails. All of these things were important to gaining an accurate reading from one's hand.

I glanced up at him and with a sideways grin I shook my head, Palmistry doesn't tell you your future. Not in a traditional sense anyway. Reading palms is a method of gaining insight into one's self so that you might use the knowledge to steer your destiny and make decisions that ... ultimately make your future one that you have designed rather than someone else. As I said it, I was vaguely reminded of my grandmother. The thought sobered my expression a bit and after a lingering gaze into his eyes, I looked back down at his hand. My contact was liberal as I cradled his hand in my fingers.

You have air hands... these types of people are very intellectual and full of ideas and ultimately curious about the world and the people that surround them. Air types can be really good communicators if they care about something, but they're quick to internalize their emotions which makes getting close to them difficult...

My favorite part of doing a palm reading was watching the victim's reactions to the words I chose to describe them. I offered him a glanced, matching my eyes with his for a second before using my index finger to run over the fleshy bumps just at the bases of his fingers, I stopped at the ring finger and tapped on the under side of that knuckle. This is the Apollo mount... or Sun mount. Yours is pretty normal in height. This says that you're adaptable, self-confident, and outgoing...

I glanced up again to measure what he was thinking.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Sat May 16, 2015 12:45 pm

I cocked my head, a twisted smirk on my lips as I watched Valla's movements, taking in everything she did. I had no idea why she repeatedly brushed her hands over mine and a pretty obvious connection was that she'd just wanted to touch me. I couldn't blame her, and the gesture, the touching, had a definite intimate feel to it.

Quote Begin Good to know, I don't know much about it, if I'm honest.Quote End The only time I had had my palm 'read' was as a child at a fair, but I didn't see the need to reveal that to Valla.

The way I watched her movements was almost studious, a laid-back study of her palm-reading. It might have been difficult to an outsider to see who was reading who, aside for the position of our hands. My smile never left my face. I was amused, at the action, the touch, and then also the words that did oddly describe me, but I didn't voice anything just yet. I simply listened and smiled.

Quote Begin Okay. Quote End I raised my eyebrows, shrugged a little and grinned at Valla's words. Quote Begin I'd agree with that...Quote End I gave a small nod, and paused as if to let her go on. But I didn't. As much as I was enjoying myself, it had become about me, my personality, my future, and I wasn't so interested in that. I was interested in finding more out about the mysterious, unusual woman in front of me.

I flipped our hands in a split second, handling hers so it was palm up. I brushed my finger tips over it as if I had a clue how to read palms, and then held it, my thumb pressing gently into her skin before tracing the lines. Quote Begin What about your 'Sun Mount'?Quote End I asked, glancing from her finger to her eyes and raising an eyebrow in expectation of an answer.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics