setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Funds and Feuds

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:54 am

Thread Details

index wolf den | windy | 8:57 p.m.

OOC Message
rawr
Hair messier and hoody unzipped.

Pissed didn't even begin to cover how I felt right now. Fucking hell, pissed to the point of feeling like I was about to become the first ever real case of spontaneous human combustion- now that sounded so much more accurate to me. I didn't expect things to go my way, and I sure as hell never thought I deserved it easier than anyone else but just fuck, it'd be nice to be cut some slack for once instead of feeling like I was being strangled by the sheer lack of it. Shit, I'd been doing okay, more wolves had shown up for training and fuck it, a couple had actually listened without being threatened for fifteen solid minutes first. As far as victories went it was a piss poor excuse for one but hell, I'd taken it.

Not that it had fucking lasted. I scowled, sitting at the edge of the clearing that I usually oversaw training in. Usually as in right up until today when I showed up and the other warlord, that dick Brutus, had told me in the smuggest fucking way possible that he'd be taken over the training 'today and the next day and the day after that'- seriously, his fucking words. Even the fact he was obviously an unoriginal loser did absolutely nothing to help soften the blow of having that duty stripped from me. Courtesy of the goddamned pack master. I growled out loud at the thought, annoyed because I'd been doing such a good fucking job of not thinking about him before all this shit. Whatever, I was gonna go home and see how long it would take to work out until I just dropped.

I stood, brushing down the back of my pants and pulled my hood up. It wasn't raining yet but there was that pressure and scent to the air that became obvious when it was threatening to start. I shoved my hands in my pockets and started forward, jogging just in case because I wanted to at least try to make in to my truck without getting wet. Maybe I'd become overly sensitive about the hunk of metal, but it'd been puked in and bled all over in the last couple of months and I wasn't sure I could take another cleaning bill. I almost smirked a little, probably a bad sign when it's a reaction to your own mental sarcasm. I pressed on, moving faster until I was passing through the den itself and it was around half way to my truck that a scent hit me like a brick wall and I stopped, turning to see I was a couple of feet from the door to the cabin. 

All at once I was furious all over again. I'd been cool with the avoiding thing, seriously, great fucking plan of action right there. But he'd taking it a step too far and I wanted a fucking answer. I didn't knock, the idea didn't even cross my mind. I just strode forward and shoved the door open, barging in, eyes already searching the space. For a second I remembered that I was pretty volatile and that my temper spiked all too easily there days, but right then I honestly couldn't have cared less. What the fuck do you think you're playing at? What's your problem, taking away my training sessions and giving them to that fucker, huh? I spat out, crossing my arms and glaring at him with open hostility. What the fuck had I done? It was bullshit and all I could think of was getting my answer. It didn't even matter that any room with him in it was probably the last place I wanted to be, all because he handled shit like an idiot.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Funds and Feuds

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:57 pm

It was empty in the cabin, which was rare except a series of days each moth, the nights before a full moon. Everyone was anxious, they couldn't sleep, couldn't hold still really. Everyone but me. This was the one night I had to go over paperwork. Yeah, most people didn't think we had paperwork. We were wolves, all we do is turn into giant beasts on the full moon, get drunk, and fuck like rabbits. Hell, if we were walking stereotypes that would be all we'd do. But no, we had a lot of paperwork, records, we were essentially our own separate community, and as active mayor of that community, I was left with all of the dirty work. I really needed to find myself an aid.

I was trying to go over the funds and kept getting stuck on some purchases made back in January. They didn't lead anywhere, it was just a huge chunk of money missing according to the records. There were several ways we stored our money, but in this specific account only two other people had access, and I sure as fuck didn't pull that money out... I leaned back in my chair and rubbed at my eyes. It was late, I was tired, and to be quite fucking honest with you I was shit at math and wasn't particularly good at playing fucking detective. Someone was either going to fess up, or I would have fucking wolf heads on spikes. It was that damned simple.

I cocked my head from side to side, stretching the muscles that had been in stiff position for what felt like hours. I had complaints to deal with, factions to get back to for reports, a funeral to plan... No one significant, just one of the old leeches that didn't contribute shit to our lives anyway. Yeah, maybe the elderly were this ''sacred goal'' something we all wanted to obtain, well... Something they all wanted to obtain. The last thing I ever wanted to be was a burden, sucking off the hard work of others just so I can live another pointless day playing fucking chess in the park. I guess it was a good thing most pack masters didn't reach that stage of life.

My ash trey had been filled, so, I lit another cigarette, and just as I was about to empty the old butts into the trash can the door busted open. My stomach instantly tensed with knots that seemed to work their way up my esophagus at the sight of her. I had been avoiding her, pushing myself into my responsibilities and doing everything in my power to stay focused on anything but her, or that night. Oddly enough, in the time that I had been working as a devout pack master the complaints had been dropping, ironic, considering it was my pack of idiots that pushed me into uselessness to begin with. They were pissed when I did my job, and pissed when I didn't. But only slightly less pissed when I did. I guess I was just trying to look on the bright side, which was seriously irritating since that new wolf was the reason I was even doing it. Stupid really, there is no bright side when your filled with darkness.

I didn't flinch, I didn't even look at her and instead leaned over my desk to eye the papers in front of me. You don't hold up your end of your bargain's Oveyx. I merely gave someone else an opportunity to show that they can and will be true to their word. What did she do for me? Aside from play me like some puppet using her golden twat as bait and nearly get herself killed? For all I knew she was just gathering fucking intel, means to put me out of rank, and I was done with it. That would be the last time anyone would ever get remotely close to me.

If you have a problem... I looked up at her, feeling like there was some magnet trying to pull my focus back to the desk. I just couldn't fucking stand looking at her, and not because I hated her, even if I did in that moment, but because she reminded me of more bad things than she did good. ...Put your complaint in the box. I shook the plastic container to show her. Yeah maybe a plastic box was a little fucking... unorganized, but it wasn't like we had our own police station for people to express their grievances.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 01, 2015 1:37 pm

My temper flared at the sound of his voice, after what he'd done it was like nails being dragged down a chalk board to me. What the fuck was his problem anyway? He'd been the one who'd- no, I wasn't going there. But to say that the blame mainly lay with him for whatever had gone down... shit, as far as I was concerned that was putting it nicely. I mean, I'd never thought he was overly nice or anything stupid like that, but I had started to think he wasn't so bad, not as infuriatingly awful as I'd originally thought. But that was before all this and now it was like we'd gone back in time half a year and I was back to hating his guts. No matter what his reasoning I couldn't seem him having a good reason for this. Sure, I knew he'd probably pull some shitty excuse outta his ass but I'd said 'good' reason after all.

But even though I was expecting it I still couldn't actually fucking believe what he did say. My jaw almost dropped before I caught myself in time and kept my face straight, except for the muscle that had started to go in my jaw. It was like warning sign letting me know how close to flipping out I was. I'm sorry, but did I just  fucking hear that correctly? I asked, voice menacingly calm as I took a couple of steps closer, anger outweighing my desire to stay as far away from him as the room would've allowed. I crossed my arms and glared in hiss direction, not even caring that he wasn't meeting my eyes. It was probably better that way since I wasn't sure I'd be able to stop myself from actually hitting him if he did look at me. I didn't want to think about those pitch-black eyes again and I was nearly certain that seeing his eyes would make me unable to think of anything else and I'd end up lashing out.

I don't hold up my end, huh? I continued from the last question I'd asked without waiting for him to speak. 'Cause as far as I'm concerned I did everything I could to hold up my end. I never said I could cure all the fucked up shit in your head, I just promised that I'd try. So because I didn't- what?- exorcise you or whatever, because of that I apparently didn't keep up my end of the bargain? You're the one who hasn't made any effort towards having more lessons. Fuck you and your excuses, that's shitty and you fucking know it. I spat out, feeling just so fucking... disappointed that that was  the way he'd rationalized it with himself. It was so fucking pathetic and on top or that I was just so damn mad at myself for expecting a better reason.

I didn't add that my efforts to keep my word to him had ended up with me  practically getting my inside sewn back together and a few pints of someone else blood running through my system, which had left me feeling weird and uncomfortable in my own skin for some reason. Or maybe that had just been my way of coping with all the crazy shit, who knew? 

My lip twitched up slightly in snarl when he actually looked at me, the reaction just totally involuntary. Yeah, not punching him was really fucking hard. The whole hating him thing was a lot harder to manage know that I didn't have half as much control over myself as I'dd had before. My the short fuse on my anger was just something I'd have to learn to get a hold of. I didn't want to lower myself to the level of petty scrapping, not for him. My glare turned  from him to the plastic box and I actually blinked in surprise. He... was telling me to file a complaint. What the actual fuck? I growled, my hand swiping out and knocking the box right out of his hand sending it flying to the side a spilling it's contents. Yeah, that's not going to work for me. So how about you find your balls, stop being a pussy and actually talk about this. Do you seriously think I didn't keep true to my damn word?

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Fri May 01, 2015 2:24 pm

I had read the same line of text at least five times since I had put my focus on the paper. I wasn't actually reading it, and as much as it pained me to admit it, that was because I was actually listening to her. The whole point of focusing on the paperwork in front of me was to tune her out, but it wasn't working. No amount of complicated number crunching could tune her out. With my elbows propped on the desk I placed my face in my hands, and as my head slid up, my hands slid down over my mouth. I held my fist over my mouth and closed my eyes, trying with everything inside of me to ignore the tone of her voice and every single word coming out of her mouth. The pace of my breath was increasing, and tension in my brows caused my eyes to close even tighter.

You didn't try hard enough! I yelled as my fist slammed down on the table. You're reckless, misguided, over confident, and the furthest thing from a true warlord as it gets! I didn't even know it but I had stood up from my chair. My feet slowly moved towards her as my fury lit that spark of light in my eyes and fangs crowded my teeth. My eyes flashed to the mess now on the floor, but quickly moved back to her. Maybe it's my fucking fault for putting a woman in power, but I can accept that. You need to accept this shit now because this is how it's going to be. I snarled as I inched even closer. What did I get out of this? I want to hurt people most of the time, I want to fucking kill people. I can't fucking eat, or sleep, and no amount of fucking liquor blocks it out anymore. All I get in return is a pack of protesters that spit at my fucking feet, and a woman warlord high on her fucking podium with a fucking smile because she came out on top. You didn't hold up your end of the bargain, that's the fucking point here. I don't give a shit if you tried to, you didn't succeed. I don't have room for failure anymore, you're lucky I didn't send you off to join that rogue wolf Ollurian. I was fucking kind by letting you keep your title.

My fists were balled so tight the veins in my arms looked like they were going to bust out of my skin. I hated her, I fucking hated her for making me hate my fucking self. She shouldn't have been there, she shouldn't have come to One Shot, and it was her fucking fault, she got herself hurt. I should have never told her anything, I should have never let her into my home or asked her for help. That would be the last time I ever make that mistake again.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 01, 2015 3:05 pm

The way he seemed to suddenly go from totally unconcerned to raging caught me off guard, my own fury towards him momentarily taking a back seat to surprise. I mean, yeah at least I'd gotten some kind of reaction outta him but I hadn't expected one so strong. My brow arched as he slammed his fist down on the table, refusing to acknowledge the way my body wanted to recoil from the display. But as much as I was thrown by that it was his words that actually stopped me short, forced me to listen without interrupting and dismissing him for the sake of it. Fuck, I knew there had to be more of a reason to why he'd done it than what he'd said first, but I hadn't expected what he actually told me. Well, other than the insults, I'd totally expected those.

At least I never said I'd outright stop trying! I may not be fucking 'flourishing' in my new role but no matter what you think that's not from lack of effort on my part. At least I'm not making fucking assumptions- I'm not over-confident or misguided, I knew that this position would be a pain in my ass and I went into it knowing I'd be resented for it. I also knew it wasn't going to be a fucking picnic but I was willing to try. I shook my head, knowing I was probably just being stupid by even responding to this shit. I was reacting to the shit he said, letting it get under my skin and continuing to do that would just be letting him have the upperhand.

I backed away when he came closer, my skin crawling like it could remember everything that I was blocking out right then. My chest felt tight and I inhaled quickly. I didn't even give a shit about whether it was weak or whatever kind of message it sent, I stepped back until there was enough space between us for me to breathe easily again. At least I knew that this time if anything happened I wouldn't hesitate to act. But he was so much angrier than I'd thought he would be, ad the kicker was that he had no fucking right to be. It's made me practically see red. I was at fucking war with myself, wanting to just get the hell out and stay long enough to pummel him, it was like the two urges were battling it out within me.

Are you kidding me? You're still going to try and pull that shit? Do I have to repeat it until you actually fucking hear it? We never made a deal on making this thing go away for fucking good. I said I would help in anyway I could but I'm not some fucker from the Vatican with secret knowledge about demonic shit and don't fucking pretend like you thought I had the answers to this shit. I sucked in a deep breath, taking another step back. Look, if you think I'm okay with what happened, if you think I'm happy to just leave you in this shit while I got what I wanted then you are so fucking wrong. There's no fucking podium and do I look like I'm smiling? I practically snarled the words at him, wondering how fucked up you had to be to think the worst of everyone. Don't forget, I helped you before I even knew the warlord position was a possibility. I fired back, not meeting his eyes as I said it. If he ended up taking the rank from me then I'd live with it, but that didn't mean I wanted to give him reasons to do it. If you want to stop trying then fine, that's your call. But don't say that I failed because I know that success doesn't fucking happen without persistence and I'm not the one who gave up.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics