setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Deadlines and Commitments - Page 2

[Private] Deadlines and Commitments

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Oh, don't even get me started on the patrol officers. Did you ever have to work with... and I instantly bit my tongue. I really didn't want to be that person who gossiped and brought up names, not especially the first time I met someone. some of them? I continued. I shook hands, and it was always strange to shame a woman's hand to me, I guess because I'd been in so many mostly male things, even from high school.

Brian seems alright, I get a feeling he's just very.. used to things. Nothing seems to surprise him, does it? But I nodded in agreement, meeting Hana seemed to make me feel a sense of relief, as though I finally was no longer alone in my corner.

Oh, I'm Monica Cervantes. You can just call me Mon if you want. Mon was fine, but my God, it really got under my skin when people called me Mo. I wasn't a stooge. The coffee finished pouring and I stepped away for Hana to get first pour of the coffee. Are you still working on McNiel? If you don't mind my asking. Everything seems to be such a dead end with that case.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Deadlines and Commitments

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Sun May 03, 2015 7:18 am

I knew exactly what Monica meant, and also why she stopped short. I shot her a knowing glance and smirked. Quote Begin I've worked alongside all of them.Quote End Was all I said, but it was enough. We obviously knew where the other was coming from. She had a strong handshake and it only raised my opinion of the detective in front of me.

Brian? I tried to recall which officer that was. There'd been so many new names recently, both secularly and wolves, that I was struggling a little to remember them all. Quote Begin Oh, Brian, no, it doesn't.Quote End I smiled, remembering the man. He wasn't exactly high on my radar, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Quote Begin I think that's a problem in Index, though, or the root of many. A lot of the officers are used to a lot of things. That's not always bad, but when there need to be changes... it makes things more difficult.Quote End And did there need to be changed in Index. I smiled at Monica and went to fetch the coffee pot.

Quote Begin And you can call me Hana. I smiled over my shoulder while pouring a cup for each of us, making Mon's without a second thought. Quote Begin Black or white? And I'm actually just finishing up some paperwork for it. I'd like to say I'm still working it too, or as much as I can, but it really seems to have gone cold.Quote End I reached into the small fridge and added a splash of milk to my coffee, and then a cube of sugar. I didn't often indulge but a late night at work was one of my exceptions. I pushed Mon's mug towards her and picked up my own, cradling it between my hands. Quote Begin I was so sure there'd be a lead when that potential suspect was bought in.. but like most things in that case, it still finished in a dead end. Almost too many of them.Quote End I shook my head and sighed, but bit back when I realised how that sounded. I wasn't trying to imply any dirty play among our workers - far from it, just that there might be less dead ends if they actually got off their butts and did some work. Quote Begin I don't want to give up though, there had to be something that'll eventually crack the case.Quote End I smiled, somewhat hopefully, and took a careful sip from my hot coffee.

Back to top Go down

I did try, sometimes, to put myself in their shoes, and try to understand that it was just the world around them that shaped them to be who they were. That it wasn't out of malice that they were misogynists. And I even found myself brushing off so much just to avoid conflict. But I could tell that especially the older of the patrol officers were not keen on the fact that I'd been promoted past them. Even though, and I'd even heard them admit it themselves, they'd done absolutely nothing to advance themselves.

Yeah, people here are very comfortable with the status quo, but I feel like things are changing around here, and the status quo just isn't going to work. And it was the truth. Any unexpected death I'd heard about when I was younger was always some kind of accident. Anything akin to murder in the whole area was usually closer to Seattle. Even then, it seemed rare.

I usually take it dark and sweet, I said, reaching for the sugar myself. Once I had my cup I added sugar and stirred with a plastic spoon.

You know, I haven't given up on him. I get a feeling that he's holding back, that maybe he wants to talk but can't. I have reason to think he's witness protection. I took a seat at the table in the middle of the room, thankful that at least the chairs in here were padded to an extent, even if they were trimmed with cold, hard metal.

Back to top Go down

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Fri May 29, 2015 4:34 am

I nodded my head a little, out of respect more than anything. Quote Begin Yes... sometimes things have to change.Quote End I met Mon's eyes before glancing down at my coffee with a soft smile. Although the lack of order and following rules often annoyed me about the Index force, I had to appreciate it wasn't going to be easy for them. While it may have been laziness that was the cause, at the same time a lot of the officers in Index could easily have just been taught wrongly by their superiors from the start. In my opinion the change wasn't about blame, but trying to fix things so it made it easier to do our jobs, and to do them better, too.

For the first time in what seemed a long time I actually felt relaxed. Each small sip of coffee was like a bubble of relaxation, slowly prompting me to shift my muscles and lose the tenseness I hadn't realised I'd been carrying. With officers like Monica in Index it would hopefully make any changes a lot more positive.. and easier.

As soon as she finished speaking though, I froze. My confused gaze stayed fixed on her for a second as she sat down, and I slowly pulled out the chair next to her, leaning on the back of it and not yet sitting down. Quote Begin Witness protection? I don't think I saw that in any of the information on the case..Quote End

I set my coffee down on the table and perched on the edge of my chair, feeling alert and intrigued as I watched Officer Cervantes. I suddenly felt the danger of having missed something along with the thrill of there actually being a possible lead in the case, and the adrenaline rush from the two combined was slightly overwhelming. I wanted to rush and go to get the files to check, but this wasn't about proving Monica wrong. Perhaps she'd overheard something.. or made a connection I hadn't been able to. I knew how information like this was so often withheld and kept a secret.

Quote Begin What reason is it that made you think that?Quote End I asked, very lightly tapping my fingernails on the handle of my mug as I focused all my senses in on Monica.

Back to top Go down

Monica Cervantes |

Posted on Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:35 pm

I hated myself for thinking this way, but I had wished there had been a man on the force like Detective Khan. It was an ugly truth, but men were socialized to resist following the lead of a woman. A part of why I wanted so badly to solve this current case was to gain and earn respect, and maybe to inspire. To show that it wasn't about waiting for a lead to fall in your lap. Maybe I was being negative or pessimistic, but I didn't want to count on anything but jealousy following any of my achievements. Being a black woman I knew I had to work twice as hard for half the recognition. Admittedly, maybe it was vain but I think that was one reason I was already liking Detective Khan. I didn't feel like there was going to be any petty or catty jealousy between us. 

I really want to get to the bottom of this case, I don't want to give up. I think it would be inspiring, to be honest. Okay, somewhat honest. It should be inspiring. 

I immediately sat up in my seat. Here I was defending Brian. Had he not told me he would look into the witness protection lead for me? Had he not made a note of it? The one time I rest my faith in another person to do something....

Brian didn't tell you? Or anything? Nothing in his report? I rubbed my forehead in frustration with Brian and honestly myself. We were able to get an order for access to Mr. Mathis' medical records, but it was a dead end. Something about proper clearance. Brian said that usually meant the person was in witness protection.

That was something as a new person with little to no experience in a murder investigation knew little about. Did I have access to knowledge about persons who were WP? That's why I'd agreed to let Brian pursue that avenue, and of course now it had ended up with a gaping hole in our investigation.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics