setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Deadlines and Commitments

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:19 am

Thread Details

Police Station | Stormy | 11pm

OOC Message

Most of the other cops had one home hours ago, but as usual I was at my desk, striving to finish up paperwork and completely close the case I'd been working on. If only all of them could be as simple as a clean cut robbery with precise evidence that helped us find the perp. The one involving Sam, at least...

We'd hit a dead with that case. We hadn't had enough to keep Shane Mathis in, and he hadn't exactly sung like a bird while in custody. We were practically back to square one. The case filed looked even emptier than what I knew about it, considering I was still withholding my information about Sam. I didn't even know what was going on with him any more - what had gone on, and I was getting a little afraid to find out now I suspected what he was. The Sam I knew wouldn't have done anything, but him being a wolf... it turned out there was apparently a lot I didn't know about Sam.

I flipped the file in front of me closed and stood up from my chair, wiping at my tired eyes. It was definitely time for coffee. I slunk into the break room, firing up the coffee machine and wondering if it had been the humidity that had bought on my earlier headache. With the audible claps of thunder outside my head had actually grown clearer, and the comparable peace in the precinct at this time of night to during the day was definitely calming.

Coffee, yes, coffee. I grabbed a mug and gave it a quick rinse out at the sink. If I didn't drink some soon I'd be floating into a sleep and probably not wake up until the noisy officers came in in the morning.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Deadlines and Commitments

Monica Cervantes |

Posted on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:16 am

OOC Message
Style. Hair is in a sleek low ponytail.

It had started as a temporary thing, and I didn't think it would go anywhere, especially since the McNiel case had went nowhere. I'd felt pretty down on myself, thinking I'd be back on the streets and stuck giving parking tickets and patrolling town events. It wasn't horrible, especially since the weather was improving. (Well, kind of.) But it felt meaningless. Doing what I was doing felt like it brought me no closer at all to finding out what really happened to Desi. So when they released Shane, I just knew I was going back in uniform.

But no, I finished my classes and training in Seattle. If anything, they were even more motivated to getting me on this full time. Brian had said something cryptic, however, when I first came back. Something about something brewing in town. He said they needed all hands on deck. Whatever the hell he meant by that. This town wasn't all that big, so I didn't think it was a very big deck.

I felt like Shane might have been honest with the small bit of information he had to give on McNiel, but that didn't mean he was innocent. I had nothing to dangle over his head for more information, no incentives. How do you bargain without any evidence? The video feed? Incredibly circumstantial, and the time on the video had been long after the estimated time of death. What would those two have been doing? Playing Weekend at Bernie's?

I departed from the station at usual time, but I went home, had a quick bite, and came back, parking in the rear of the building and not bothering with an umbrella as I ran to the back door and scanned my badge for entrance. I'd just tell them I'd left something there, not that I figured anyone would actually mind. But when I opened the door I didn't find the lights off as I'd expected. Had someone left them on? Or was I not alone? I let the door swing to a close behind me, an electronic whir happening before the deadbolt automatically locked into place. I started slowly down the back hallway, now hearing some tinkering sounds coming from the break room. At least it wasn't somewhere threatening, unless some damn fool was an idiot enough to think he'd be looting cops' purses after hours.

Oh, hey, I said as I finally made it to the door. Khan, that was all I knew, her last name, and more than likely it was the donut munchers talking about how hot she was. I'd even heard them comparing the two of us, which had pissed me off to no end, but I hadn't spoken a word. I was new, and not stupid enough to start running my mouth, at least not yet.

I um... A crash of thunder should have been a nice interruption to help me with an excuse, but instead it had totally distracted me. I just wanted to check on something before the weekend.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:57 pm

I wasn't surprised by the noise in the station alerting me to another's presence, but I was surprised when another female walked in. I'd been expecting a lazy night patrol officer coming back for a quick break before heading back out onto the streets, not what looked like another detective. I didn't recognize her physically, but it was easy enough to deduce that she had to be Detective Cervantes, newly appointed as plain clothes and just back from training. We were the only two female detectives on the force so I didn't need to be one to figure that out.

Quote Begin Go ahead - it's nice to see someone wanting to do some extra work for once round here.Quote End I smiled, the coffee machine whirring and spurting as it brewed next to me. Quote Begin Coffee?Quote End I offered, hoping that she'd be friendly. In a world very male-orientated as the career we'd both chosen, it would be nice to have an ally who wasn't trying to check me our or see if I actually could do my job as well as a man every five seconds.

Back to top Go down

Yeah, that's not a bad idea, I said, feeling a bit relieved but feeling a little foolish as I hadn't been doing anything wrong. I think it had just been the feel of being alone here, when it was storming, and thinking about a past that had sort of always haunted me. Once the idea settled on me, I was relieved not to be alone. And there were certain perks that came with having a little company, and the smell that was filling the room cemented that idea.

I found a somewhere to place my bag, and found a mug of my own, rinsing it out and hoping there was still some of my good flavored creamer had been left, some kind of caramel flavored thing I'd brought in earlier in the week.

You know, I was beginning to think it was just me. You'd think they actually don't know how to talk about anything work related. Brian had been okay at times, but he was one of those people who seemed to think they only needed to work when in the right mood. I guess some people were just raised differently, but me? When I had something that needed to be done it never mattered whether I'd felt like it or not.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:02 pm

I left my cup on the counter and leaned against it, folding my arms and relaxing to lean against the counter as I waited. My gaze dropped to take in the lady's clothing and I smiled, wondering if I'd finally have a colleague who actually had an interest in fashion, because her outfit was gorgeous. It might not have been my preferred taste but it definitely suited her and was tastefully put together.

My expression shifted into a comfortable smile and I let out a small giggle, biting my lip to try and stop it. Quote Begin Or do anything work related, some of them.Quote End I joked, before stepping forward and offering my hand in greeting. Quote Begin I'm Hana, Hana Khan. Don't worry about what I said... some of the officers are a little stuck in their ways, but they're not all that bad.Quote End While the other officers weren't exactly a dream team of cops, I still didn't like to down talk them or be too negative. Even if things would be so much easier if they could use the filing system correctly and even bother to fill out their paperwork at all. Quote Begin It'll be nice having someone to rely on, though.Quote End I smiled again, wider this time, and thanked whatever gods had finally sent me the intelligent female company I'd been longing for. It was difficult not to get hopeful in the dark, late hours of the dreary day, and I hoped I wouldn't end up disappointed. But compared to the others at the station, and judging by her attire and attitude.. how could I?

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics