setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Tragedy in the bakery - Page 3

[Private] Tragedy in the bakery

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Donna Chambers

Re: [Private] Tragedy in the bakery

Donna Chambers |

Posted on Sat May 16, 2015 7:55 pm

Alright, so she had a point, to an extent. Jas and I weren't just friends in the way that most people were friends. But we had an understanding with each other. You could call it fuck buddies, sure, but I think it was more of a different philosophy. Just like sex, we felt that romance didn't need to be shared with just one person. So, yeah, it would take zero point two seconds to see all the problems with that, and jealousy being at the root of every single one of them. But fuck, didn't jealousy rear it's ugly head in everything? Friendships, money, work? Life in general? Sure it was a weird concept what we had, and really, since I'd moved especially, there hadn't been anyone involved enough to make it anything more than the typical open relationship kind of thing. Which maybe that's what it was. But romance wasn't even the main point to what we had, and neither was the sex. There was no main point. We just enjoyed shit together. Food, movies, sex, makeup, hair, what the hell ever. Why did you need to limit that to one person? 

I was an extrovert, but I was also reasonable enough to know that that was too much to explain to a stranger, so I just shrugged. I still had yet to tug out her own sexuality, or any inkling to whether or not I would be barking up the wrong tree. I didn't want to count myself out. It was, at first, a little difficult to pull my eyes away from the cheesecake, but I did, and made a few attempts to obviously check her out... whether she noticed while she finished her donut exchange was up to her. I still didn't move from the cheesecake. I was guarding that fucker with my life and no one else was going to come in and swoop in on that thing. And once it left the cooler it wasn't leaving my arms.

I actually hadn't expected her to speak to me again. I mean, she wasn't standoffish or anything, and she had replied to me, but unlike me, in general it seemed she had to be provoked for a response. And of course, my mind was in the gutter when she did speak. I wasn't thinking about birthday cheesecake and cheap champagne. I was thinking of what would come after. But luckily, I checked myself and fixed my error before I spoke, not that my response would have changed. I stood in place but turned so that I was facing her, and I pulled my phone from my pocket.

If I had your number I could make sure that happened.

Back to top Go down

Ruby Schaffer |

Posted on Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:43 pm

People tend to enjoy different things. Some people appreciate fine cars - others, art. But for me the thing that really got me going was food. Generally most people like - maybe even love - food. But for me it was more than that. I had a passion for it. It didn't seem like it for all the effort I put in, but I had as much appreciation for the chemically engineered prepackaged food that I usually got at the 7 eleven as I did for a fine steak. That was to say, a lot. I may have been a lesbian, but it was food that really got me off. I loved trying new things, and there wasn't a thing I wouldn't eat. The only thing holding me back from that dream was my income. I wasn't broke or anything, but my dreams of traveling the world eating foods of all nations weren't really within reach when I had to go into Seattle as often as I did. It was a damn shame.

That said, I'll admit I might have had images of a sugar mama pop into my head. Obviously, the blue-haired woman didn't come off as super old or rich or anything, but she was offering cake in exchange for my number. And it wasn't like she was unattractive. I had definitely checked her out a little bit when she admitted to being gay. But yes, I pictured her quite literally as a sugar mama - well, my sugar mama - buying me cake and shit and honestly it wasn't a bad mental picture.

I gave her a coy smile. Well, probably coy. I didn't flirt much so I couldn't guarantee that it wasn't super creepy but eh, I tried. Cheesecake in exchange for a number? Sounds fair, I said, and feeling very daring I gave it to her. I was praying to a nonexistent God that would probably hate me that she didn't turn out to be crazy or anything. I don't really know if God would bless lesbian relationships but maybe some other cooler deity would help me out.

Back to top Go down

Donna Chambers

Donna Chambers |

Posted on Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:54 pm

There was no stopping the suggestive grin that spread across my lips and the slightly raised brow. Cheesecake, yeah... I wasn't much of a multitasker, so I tore my attention away for a brief moment and found the contacts section of my phone. It was a relatively new phone for me, so it was a little awkward to find. Shouldn't that be fucking easy? The damn address book? I hit the plus to add a new contact and handed her the phone, hoping she wouldn't just turn out the door and run away with it. Wouldn't surprise me the way my day had been so far.

Be gentle with her, she's new. You prefer text or calls? Despite my talents with my voice, I preferred text, obviously. I mean shouldn't be surprising, that was most people my age. But once in a while if I was home with a cheap glass of wine in one hand, I wanted to at least be on the phone with someone. Preferably someone with a hot voice.

Back to top Go down

Ruby Schaffer |

Posted on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:25 pm

I gave a small smile when she gave me a suggestive look. Of course, it really was the cheesecake that was propelling me to give her my number. I waited while she looked through her phone but my mind was on the donuts that Mindy had just finished boxing. I handed her my card and accepted the phone from the woman while she was swiping it.

I chuckled slightly when the chick cautioned me to be nice to her new phone. It was probably better in my hands than it was in hers. It was my innate talent for manipulating technology that had paid my college tuition and kept money in my pocket post graduation. I'd never been in a relationship but I'd seen enough jokes on social media about crazy girlfriends that searched their boyfriends' phones to know that I could play that part effectively if I wanted to. Hacking was my specialty, after all. I quickly typed my name and number into the contact info and handed it back.

Texts are better for me, I said. I was a slow replyer, mostly because I prioritized whatever I was doing above responding to text messages. If someone texted me I would deal with it in my own time. So, good for me. Not so much for my mom, who had taken to calling me even though I asked her not to because she knew that I would get annoyed with the ringing and answer it. This chick didn't need to know that though.

I put my credit card back in my bag and accepted the box from donuts. Talk to ya later, I said to the chick, and I left with my donuts before some more bratty kids made me drop my precious cargo.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics