setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open - Supers] A Matter of Time - Page 2

[Open - Supers] A Matter of Time

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open - Supers] A Matter of Time

Ren Davenport | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:01 pm

I'd trained so hard to reach this point, even if I didn't know it. The moment I allowed myself to lose focus was when it would all hit me, and it did. Just one thought was all it took, and mine was, "What am I doing?" I knew in a general sense what was happening, and what my overall goal was. Ultimately I needed to get my memories back, no matter what it took. But I was partnered with a person I'd come to despise and we were standing at bus stops, kissing, faking relationships. How much of myself was tied up in those memories that I'd totally lost sight of myself?

I almost had to physically shake my head to force these thoughts out. I was doing what was necessary to achieve my goal. That was what pragmatism was, wasn't it? I needed pragmatism, or I would stop making the best decisions for myself. Rik had her own ends, no doubt. As long as I could reach mine, it didn't matter. We both needed in that house, and we were the only ones here, weren't we? The truth was, there were vampires in that house. We were going to take them down, and that was the AOG's goal, so they shouldn't care either way.

You don't even try anymore, do you? Rik used to lie to me and deceive me, now she just kind of lamely told me parts of the truth. The only problem was on my end - there was that sense of confusion I'd felt from earlier, and maybe the beginning of one of those memory-related headaches. I was going to have to work through this one, and whatever else was happening inside my head. Hey, they're vampires. Anything they do counts as suspicious activity anyway, right? I smirked at her and grabbed her hand like we were a couple just happily entering an abandoned house. Nothing suspicious here.

Back to top Go down

Erika Richards | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:52 pm

I raised an eyebrow at Ren and snorted, trying to lead him by the hand but make it look like he was leading. Quote Begin You just don't know when I'm trying.Quote End I smirked. Let him think I was being straight with him, it'd only make him even more ridiculously easy to pull the wool in front of his eyes. Quote Begin You can tell Father William that. He likes you, all shiny and clean cut. And no memories or brain to backtalk too. You're like the perfect little AOG puppet. Or the main character from a crappy action angstfest. Quote End I hushed my voice as we neared the back gate, dropping Ren's hand as soon as we were out of sight of any nosy members of the public.

I went for the gate handle, carefully trying it only for it not to give. There wasn't a lock which made things easier - had to just be a latch or a bolt. I stood back, willing to let Ren do it so he could at least be useful for something. Quote Begin If they are vampires, anyway. 'Could just be some sick old woman stuck up in bed. You won't get your own life story back, but hey, maybe she'll tell you hers.Quote End I glanced up at the windows at the back of the house, all of which were boarded up except one. There was a faded drape half-hanging in front of it, and then just blackness beyond the reflection on the glass.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat May 02, 2015 11:54 am

I felt ridiculous as we moved closer to the house. With the exception of the occasional passing car there wasn't really anyone around to see us awkwardly wrestling for control as we walked toward the house. I could feel her trying to lead me, and hell if I was going to let that happen. I pressed forward, trying to force her to relent since it already looked like I was leading anyway. I don't think I'm much of a blip on the radar of the AOG leaders, and that's how I like it. I did what they told me without complaint, and in return they let me do my thing.

I rolled my eyes when Rik let me work the gate instead of putting in the effort to unlatch it herself. I stepped forward and felt along the backside of the gate until I felt a latch. It was rusty, but after a moment I managed to open the gate. It creaked loudly as it opened and I winced. The vamps inside would all be asleep, but that didn't make me like it any more. My goal now was stealth, and creaky gates didn't help that cause. After a moment's pause I crept into the yard. It was overgrown with a mix of weeds and blooming flowers. It looked like a scene from a chick flick where the main character finds a secret garden at sunset and starts spending all their time in it. Except this one was a mere yards from where evil bloodsuckers rested. When the sun went down they would massacre every damn character in that stupid movie.

Back to top Go down

Erika Richards | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sun May 03, 2015 7:21 am

Quote Begin Yeah, well, you never think you're a 'blip' until they've coerced you into a training room for a talk.Quote End I said, rolling my eyes. I'd been going about my merry habits thinking they had no idea, but obviously as it turned out, they had a lot of ideas. Quote Begin Don't let them play you for a fool, even if you are one. Those old guys usually know a fuckton more than they want to let on.Quote End I warned. Shit, I wouldn't put it past one of them knowing the identity of Ren's attacker, or if not at least more about what had happened than he did.

I wanted to hit Ren round the back of the head when the gate creaked open, but settled for glaring at him instead, pushing past him and into the back yard. Quote Begin Are you coming or not?Quote End I hissed over my shoulder, just in case Mr Memory Loss was getting second thoughts.

The yard was pretty unremarkable as I looked it over, continuing down the path at an even, quiet pace. There was no decor, nothing aside from overgrown flowerbeds, weeds and wildflowers. It was a shame because some of that fancy shit could easily be resold, especially when so many middle class people these days were obsessed with the idea of having something that was old, antique, or at least looked one or the other. I continued continue to back door, watching the only visible window as I went. There wasn't any movement that I could see, but we had no idea what might be behind those panes of glass.

When I got to the back door I tried the handle, slowly and carefully, but of course the damn thing was locked. Not many people left their back doors unlocked any more. But that was okay, it just meant that people who wanted to get in needed a few more tricks up their sleeves, that was all. Fortunately this time there didn't seem to be a deadbolt, because they were always a dead end. Couldn't open one of them from the outside unless you broke the glass to unlock it.

I crouched down, one fluid motion, and pulled my lockpicking kit out of my pants pocket. There wasn't a great deal of cover in the back yard, just a small porch roof over the back door. Quote Begin Hey, bitch,Quote End I called out to Ren, Quote Begin Cover me.Quote End Just in case someone got cocky and tried anything through that one window. Fangers might not be able to go out in the sun, but they didn't all have shit for brains and I'd known ones to have human 'helpers' before.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu May 07, 2015 11:35 am

I'd been careful to carry out my missions with a level of mediocrity that would enable me to stay off the AOG radar. I didn't see why they would care much about my personal mission since I hadn't actually made any progress on it. I'd been informed that the vamp hadn't previously been considered a major threat by its leaders. Unless, of course, they were lying? I couldn't imagine why they wouldn't just share whatever information they had with me. It wasn't like my goals didn't align with their own, after all I was going to destroy the son of a bitch that took my memories. Wasn't the purpose of the AOG killing supers?

I walked into the overgrown yard. The path was virtually nonexistent but it was there. The plants working to reclaim it helped to muffle our quiet steps. The house didn't have much of a back patio except for a small concrete slab where the back door let out and some overhang to protect it. I nodded when Rik crouched to unlock the door and pulled my gun out of its holster. I stood at the ready, carefully surveying the house and yard for any activity of any kind. I heard a rustle and nearly shot a squirrel. Even when Rik had finished unlocking the door I didn't let my guard down. Complacency ends in death, and we were entering the dragon's den. Let's go. I said quietly.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics