setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open - Supers] A Matter of Time - Page 6

[Open - Supers] A Matter of Time

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open - Supers] A Matter of Time

Ren Davenport | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:06 pm

As we moved up the staircase the sound of the steps creaking beneath our feet was the only thing to break the silence of the house. It felt like the entire house was waiting for us to fall into the trap. I couldn't figure out what that trap was, exactly, but the way the whole house was absolutely silent felt unnatural and unnerving.

Ahead of me Rik was marching ahead with determination. I guess she didn't feel the heavy supernatural tension in the same way I did. Or maybe it was all in my head? Obviously I didn't have a sixth sense for feeling the supernatural or anything. The hair on the back of my neck was standing up in the way that it does when you're being watched, but she didn't seem to notice anything at all. Between us she probably had more experience, at least more that she could remember. All I had was my gut, and that wasn't necessarily right all the time.

As Rik entered the room I hung back, guarding the door for any potential threats that might come out of any of the rooms in the dark hall. The doors were shut with no way to know what was behind them.

As I stood, peering down the hallway, I heard the slightest of creaks behind me and whirled around to see a vampire advancing quickly. I instinctively fired off two successive rounds. The first missed, but the second lodged into the fanger's shoulder and the silver bullet was enough to slow him down long enough for me to draw my knife and swing at his neck. The knife went in, but the vampire grabbed my arm and stopped me before I could completely decapitate him. I yanked the knife out of his neck with a gush of blood and wrenched my arm from his grasp. I raised my hand to strike again, but something stopped me. I turned my head and saw a pale hand holding my wrist, preventing me from completely killing the first vampire.

Back to top Go down

Erika Richards | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:39 am

The two gunshots were warning enough that shit was going down in the hallway and I whipped round as quickly as I could. I dashed back out there amid the commotion and had to hold back an eye-roll that would only lose time. But seriously? Couldn't Ren hold his own for two seconds? I was starting to think I might have been better off putting a bullet in his head earlier when I had the chance because anything seemed preferable to babysitting his sorry ass.

Let me run you through the sights in the hallway - there was Ren, and two vampires. He was apparently a vampire magnet. One had blood dribbling from a wound on its neck, most likely from the knife in Ren's hand, and the other had it's hand round Ren's wrist.

It only took me a second to take in the situation and decide what I was going to do, but even in that second the vampires had noticed and turned to me, their eyes gleaming with potential violence. I fired off a shot just as the one holding Ren's wrist moved, the bullet missing but lodging in the vampire behind. I didn't give a fuck about my un-wasted bullet though - I had more pressing matters to attend to, namely the vampire lunging towards me with its fangs bared.

I didn't have time to aim another shot but fired anyway, knowing at that close range the bullet would find a home somewhere. It ripped through the vampire's abdomen, creating a sizable and visible hole, and yet even that didn't stop it. With maddened eyes it hissed at me and I swung Neo back on its strap to have both of my hands free.

With the vampire up in my face I wasn't able to see if the other vampire was making mincemeat of Ren. I ended up grappling with the creature, pushing with all my might against all of its strength. I'd have guessed it was a young vampire but up close even the baby ones could pack a punch. This one was no exception and would have been considered a threat even as a human considering it's stature. My feet slid back across the floor towards the stairs as it began to overpower me, the soles of my boots squeaking on the wooden flooring. I grunted, glaring back into the vampire's small, demonic eyes. I might not have particularly hated the species more than any other, but I automatically hated anything trying to kill me and this frigid asshole just had to try it.

With no warning I released my grip on his forearms. The vampire almost toppled over me from his own momentum while I ducked down and reached into one of my pockets, pulling out a spray can and aiming it at the douchebag's face. The resulting screech echoed through the landing. Turns out the AOG were good for some things. The secret liquid silver formula in the can wouldn't just burn the vampire's eyes, which he was clawing at in a panicked rage, but render him blind until his healing abilities caught up the damage.

My plan didn't include giving those abilities time to do that. I followed my duck through into a roll, pushing through the vampires legs and then jumping back up onto my feet, twisting to face the vampire. It was hunched over with one hand still to its eyes, the other flailing out to either try and grab me, or latch onto something so it could gain some bearings in its blindness.

I simply stepped forward and forcibly planted my foot into its back, sending the vampire flying down the stairs. There were a few crunches as it rolled down to the hallway below and I watched, grinning, as it landed in a crumpled heap - directly in the patch of sunlight that streamed through the window. There was another screeching scream and the vampire convulsed, smoke starting to rise from its skin. Considering its young age and the window pane only intensifying the sunlight shining down onto him, the vampire was a goner. As for me, my hair had been pulled out of its tie and I felt a little out of breath, but I was more than fine and high on adrenaline. I turned round to see what was happening with Ren, undecided on whether I'd appreciate his fate being more like mine or the vampire I'd just taken down.

Quote Begin Can't I leave you alone for one fucking minute? And you wonder why I call you bitch, bitch.Quote End I rolled my eyes, swinging Neo back into my hands just in case.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:18 pm

I was just trying to figure out how I was going to take on the two vampires at once when Rik appeared in the room just in time to draw the vampire that was behind me away and put a bullet in the one who I'd tried to decapitate. I could've taken both them on myself, obviously, but she made things so much easier.

I had hoped the vampire I was left with would sit still and let me finish taking his head off but despite being slowed by several bullets and a pretty good wound in his neck, it just kept coming. He kicked at my legs and I almost went down but regained my footing at the last minute and slashed downward, putting a gash in his leg and really pissing him off. Well I was pissed too, and my instincts, probably honed from years of training and hunting, kicked into high gear.

I watched the vampire and started observing his every move. I tried to catch even the slightest of muscle contractions and anticipate his every move. He was fast, and healing even faster. I would be exhausted before he was even remotely tired if I wasn't careful. His anger, however, made him sloppy. I was in my element, but he was young and mad that I was still alive and kicking. Lots of babies were deluded into thinking that vampdom made them invincible. He probably couldn't believe that he hadn't killed me despite the fact that I was the superior martial artist. We grappled for a few moments before he made his fatal mistake and left his neck exposed. I didn't hesitate, I went in quick and sure with my hunting knife and with a thunk his head was on the floor.

It felt good to be back in my element so when Rik bitched at me, as I had come to expect, I smirked at her, I can't help that I'm irresistible.

Back to top Go down

Erika Richards | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:00 am

Quote Begin Congratulations, you're irresistible - to vampires.Quote End I rolled my eyes at Ren but couldn't help smirking too. The high after a kill was... well, it was mainly the reason why I was still in the AOG game. Addictive wasn't intense enough a description for the feeling. Quote Begin Maybe that's what caused all your problems. You've got some weird blood all the fangers want to feast on so they flock to you like flies to honey.Quote End I bought my foot up and toed at the decapitated vampire head, gently rolling it back and forth on the floor before leaving it face side up. Quote Begin Too much to hope for that you recognise this guy, right?Quote End Coming across Ren's vampire memory thief would have been extremely opportune considering I then wouldn't have to even pretend to put any effort in to find the vampire.

I kicked the head to one side and continued into the room the vampires must have sneaked out of. The door was wide open and even in the dark it was obvious the bedroom was empty, of life or furniture save two single beds and two bedside drawers. There was literally nothing else in the room - unless you counted the planks of wood nailed over the windows.

I still looked around the room anyway, searching for anything that might explain the strange and unexpected situation we'd stumbled into.
Quote Begin Usually I don't give a shit which creatures team up with what, but this stinks of a set up.Quote End I ground my teeth together. Whatever had happened that led to the phoney information - somebody was going to pay. Nobody set me up and lived to laugh about it after, or at least not for long. I glanced back to Ren from the corner of my eyes, sizing him up. I lived by a code of trusting nobody and even though I doubted Ren had the brains to pull off any mass-scale deception, for all I knew he could be involved. Quote Begin So, you never come across Mages before, huh? That you remember, anyway.Quote End Memory loss was a ridiculously tragic tale but then it would also be an amazingly effective cover as well, being able to conveniently 'not remember' anything...

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:11 pm

My smirk grew into a grin at Rik's response. The post-kill euphoria had put me in a good enough mood to find her comment funny I don't think vampires are the only thing I'm irresistible to. My mind went straight to the time she'd kissed me. The kiss had been a ploy to distract me while she stole my wallet, but I couldn't help think about it as I teased her.

It'd be pretty embarrassing if it'd been a baby that took my memory I said, looking at the lifeless head has her foot moved it. Plus I was hopeful I could get my memory back before killing it, which was a driving factor behind the mission. Sure, part of it was revenge, but I really wanted to remember something before Index. It was sad to think that most of my memories comprised of the AOG and Rik. I mean literally, the most memorable shit that I can think of has either been hunting or dealing with all Rik's shit.

I stood in the doorway of the room that Rik went into and the vampires had come out of, but there wasn't much to see. Except the boards nailed over the windows to keep the sunlight out, they looked like your basic bedrooms.

You think it was the Army? I asked. I couldn't really think of any reason why the AOG would be trying to get us killed, but there weren't a lot of players in this game, unless Rik had some other enemies and I was just collateral. I thought about Rik's comments about the AOG probably knowing more about me than I thought. Before, the Army had been a hindrance, but its constant looming presence in my life was starting to go beyond just annoying - it made me uneasy.

I mean, it seems likely that I have but yeah, I wouldn't remember it. Sorry about that back there - I guess it would be annoying to have a novice partner... I mean I'm not really 'novice' but I wasn't sure instinct alone would be enough, y'know? Then I picked up on what she was really suggesting and my face reddened slightly with a mixture of embarrassment and annoyance. I didn't even know why I'd been apologizing except that the moment of euphoria and teamwork had muddled my brain enough to start thinking of Rik as my partner as opposed to a tool that was to be handled carefully. And now she had the nerve to suggest that I'd set her up.

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics