setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open - Supers] A Matter of Time - Page 5

[Open - Supers] A Matter of Time

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open - Supers] A Matter of Time

Erika Richards | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:29 pm

When the door opened I didn't even flinch. I stayed still, every muscle trained and alert on the figures that entered through the door, the hinges creaking ever so slightly. I'd laid the salt circle around where I thought the door might open and waited with bated breath to see if the door would disturb it.

The bottom of the door swung over the salt without breaking the circle at all and I breathed a sigh of relief, focusing on our targets, Robin Hood and Little John? Where did the supers even get these people from? They didn't appear to have noticed me at all behind the desk - yet.

It was when the man touched the wall of the room and closed his eyes, muttering, that I became worried. I didn't even figure the arrow into account until after the redhead shot it, and that might have been my mistake. One second I was hiding behind the desk, the next thing I knew the arrow had hit it and the wood suddenly disintegrated before my eyes, leaving Ren and I out in the open.

Before the ash from the desk had even hit the floor I was rolling out the way, heading for whatever other cover I could and angling up Neo at the same time. I fired off a few shots at the archer but they all missed. Bitches... My narrowed eyes found the quieter man behind the bow-toting frontwoman and I rolled into a crouch, aimed and fired at him - hitting him square in the side of the head - but there was no time for victory. I scrambled out of the way as another arrow narrowly missed my leg. It hit a bookcase behind me and a second later that too had joined it's desk friend as ash on the floor. I ground my teeth together as I thought of all the valuables that had been held by the two articles of furniture and that were also now dust, but not only that - who the fuck had gotten the intel on the house and where were they? They were next in line for one of my bullets through their temple and they'd been jumped up past a lot of others on my shit-list.

Back to top Go down

Ren Davenport | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:26 pm

I made a move to get behind the desk only to realize that it wasn't there. The damn thing had burst into flames whenever the scary redheaded chick had fired her arrow into it. I guess this confirmed the stereotype that gingers have no souls...

We were still inside the unbroken protective salt line, but we were running out of cover fast as the mage continued to fire combustion arrows into all the furniture. With the exception of my eyebrows Rik and I remained largely unscathed but neither one of us could seem to get a bullet anywhere near her. I suspected she had some kind of protective charm or whatever the fuck it was that mages used to make two perfectly good marksmen miss them completely. I wasn't sure what was fueling the charm or how to break it and we were running out of options pretty fast. I waited until she had the bow loaded and drew my knife, diving forward and slashing at the same time.

I landed in somewhat of an awkward lunge, but the attempt had been fruitful and the bow wasn't the most useful weapon at such close range. The silver didn't have any kind of added effect like it would with the vamps I had been expecting to fight, but mages bled all the same and I had gotten this one's bow wielding arm pretty good. The mage paused momentarily to deal with the wound and I used the opportunity to stand up and retreat slightly. I sheathed my knife and drew my gun. I wasn't really sure I could take her in the close range or if it would be better to keep my distance. If we were lucky Rik would also take advantage of her split-second of distraction to put a bullet in her head and maybe we could see about getting out of the house. It was pretty obvious we had been given bad intel.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:23 pm

Ren surprised me by actually manning up his sorry ass and leaping forward to try and save the day, or whatever other ridiculous notion he had in his thick skull. I narrowly missed plugging him full of lead at first. I didn't want to have to deal with all of that bullshit again. My scathing glare met his back but I didn't have long to be pissed that he'd just flung himself into my line of fire without warning - because he'd actually got me the open I'd been waiting for.

I fired another, loud shot via Neo and this time it met it's mark. Robin Hood joined her friend Little John on the floor and I quickly stood up and walked over to her. I nudged her body just to check - I'd seen weirder shit than creature with their brains blown out jump back to life happen before - but it was definitely the girl, not some weird magical copy, and she was definitely dead.

My movements were fast and precise as I reloaded Neo and aligned myself with the wall, still just inside the salt circle. I threw a glance to Ren. Quote Begin We need to clear the house. Could've just been these two.. could be a shitload more of them ready to zap us full of sparkly magic, but I'm not leaving until I know anything cast on us or this house has been broken. Quote End I gestured for him to get in position and follow me, not even bothering to ask how he was. He looked okay and wasn't bleeding anywhere - at least not anywhere important - and that's all I cared about.

Back to top Go down

Ren Davenport | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:54 pm

My gamble payed out. Seconds after I retreated from the mage she went down at Rik's hand. Or her huge gun.

Sweat was beading on my forehead and dripping down my neck and I reached up to wipe it away. I quickly glanced at myself and my gun, but I had retained only minor injuries and the gun didn't even need to be reloaded. I could only hope we would do as well or better in the rest of the house.

Between us Rik and I had already covered a good portion of the first floor of the house. It was the upstairs that I dreaded. The darkness I had seen would be advantageous to mages and vampires who were more familiar with it than we were. Plus if there actually were any vampires, like we'd been told, this would be where they would be. At least if we ran into any vampires I'd be back on familiar ground, and we could maybe also get some intel on the one I was hunting, which was the reason I was in this mess in the first place.

I moved into position and gingerly stepped over the salt line as I followed her back into the hall, glancing behind me towards the back door as she led us to the front. I carefully peaked into each room as we went by, but the floor seemed to be deserted. When we reached the staircase, I looked up into the darkness at the top. It stared back ominously.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:23 pm

I stepped over the bodies without even a second glance, gun trained ahead and gaze set and determined, moving into the hallway. There were no obvious sounds from the house. I cleared one room, then another, my rubber soles making no sound as I went from room to room, checking them over with a well-trained eyes and a cold confidence. I was a silent predator.

We met up again at the base of the stairs and I could easily sense Ren's uneasiness. I shot him an unimpressed eye-roll but wasted no more time on him. I started up the stairs. Every one of my senses was on alert. I placed my feet carefully and slowly on each step just in case there were any creaky floorboards. As I ascended as fast as I safely could I couldn't detect any sounds and nothing was amiss.

All the time I was aware that the gunshots could easily have been heard by people and we might be running out of time. Although we might not be charged after the AOG jumping through hoops and sorting things out, I'd rather avoid the cops altogether let one of the leaders deal with the bodies and the mess of the house. It was their job and I had better things to do than explain anything to whatever moron cop might show up.

At the top of the stairs I looked over my shoulder to check if Ren was following and continued to the nearest door, holding back for him to be useful and cover me. There was still no sound - not silence, the odd car and bird audible from outside, but no sign of life within the house. Maybe we'd struck gold and the dead duo downstairs had been the only ones in the house. I still had no idea what the house was even used for, whether it was a regular mage residence or some weird witchy gathering place. Neither bothered me apart from the latter would suggest there might be other mages around. And, of course, there could be a few magical tokens that posh professor types would look upon with a gleam in their eye and a hand already opening their fat wallet.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics