setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open - Supers] A Matter of Time - Page 4

[Open - Supers] A Matter of Time

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open - Supers] A Matter of Time

Ren Davenport | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:02 pm

For a brief second she was standing with her gun pointed at me and mine was slightly lowered and I thought she might shoot me. I doubted there was a trustworthy bone in her body. It was why I had come back instead of continuing through the house on my own. The fact that I had a partner I didn't trust wasn't making my job any easier. When the Father put me and Rik together, I could've strangled him. In fact, the only thing stopping me was my innate respect for the church and the fact that I knew I would get in serious trouble if I killed an AOG leader.

I narrowed my eyes and stepped forward to investigate her claim. Sure enough, the book looked like some kind of mage spellbook. I wasn't entirely sure how much I'd been trained to deal with mages. Vampires were a family specialty, or at least that was what I had been told. My weapons were modified with vampires in mind. Hell, even the combat training I'd done was to make me better at dealing with the vermin. We're not prepared to deal with mages. I said in a hard but quiet voice.

It had been her idea to come in unprovoked and I had been stupid enough to go along with it. Now we were in what was possibly some kind of mage house. I'd been relying on the daylight to protect me, but sunlight didn't hurt mages. They could know we were here. My mind was already racing through various exit strategies, including us walking through the back door right away and reporting it to the AOG and then leaving it to them to deal with whatever was going on here.

Back to top Go down

Erika Richards | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:39 am

I almost did a double take at Ren, but opted for just staring at him instead. Quote Begin We're not prepared to deal with mages.. shit, they don't heal like vamps or wolves do and they're not so bloodthirsty either. If we just riddle them with bullets it should solve any problems, stop being such a fucking pussy about everything. Or what, do you want to leave already? We don't know what sort of curses or hexes we walked into the second we stepped past that door, so sure, you're welcome to run out like a little girl if you want to, but I wasn't planning on bursting into flames today.Quote End I spoke slowly, sarcastically, taking my time as I reached into one of my pockets and pulled out a bag of salt, looking Ren in the eyes. Quote Begin If you've honestly got no idea, do what I do, and try not to be such a stupid moron. I don't want to have to explain your body to Father Williams.Quote End

I walked quickly around the outline of the room, sprinkling a thin but steady line of salt around us. With that done I dusted off my hands, wanting to pull out another bag of equipment from my pants, but not yet. If the house belonged to mages then individual items could have been enchanted in case someone tried to steal them. Leaving with pockets full of loot suddenly didn't seem such a great idea - unless I could cover them in herbs and salt first to try and break any potential spells. The worth of some of the trinkets in the room we were in alone made the risk seem worth it.

There was a creak above our heads as something moved in the room above us. I quickly held my gun ready, crouching down. Quote Begin Whatever you do, don't step on or outside the salt, or disturb it in any way, or it won't be mages or vampires you'll need to worry about.Quote End I sent Ren a pointed look and moved over to the desk, positioning myself behind it but so I could view the doorway.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:24 pm

I rolled my eyes at Rik. It'd been easy for me to ignore Rik's comments at the beginning of this hunt. I'd been focused purely on destroying whatever vamps were in the house, but the sudden change had me reeling and she was just making it worse with her annoying and unnecessarily rude commentary. As a person whose memories cover about 1 year out of the 20 I've been alive and no recollection of any kind of mage hunting or training I had a right to be unsure. And I wasn't wrong. Not really. A bitch and an amnesiac go into a house expecting vampires and get mages instead. Yeah, we were totally prepared.

I had basic knowledge of mages so I wasn't completely helpless, but head knowledge is nothing compared to experience. Not that there was no chance that I had ever dealt with mages before, but the only way to know was through my instincts, and those probably wouldn't kick in until I was actually face-to-face with one. I really was stuck following Rik's lead. The idea filled me with dread.

My eyebrows lifted in surprised when she produced a bag of salt. I hadn't thought to bring any, but she came prepared and it would likely be helpful. I nodded to her instructions - bitchiness aside - and raised my own gun. I moved into position while sending up a few silent prayers and a Hail Mary.

Back to top Go down

Erika Richards | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:54 pm

I rolled my eyes back at Ren - bitch - and resumed my position. I watched him raise his own gun, skeptic of his uncertainty. He didn't seem like a seasoned professional killer. It made me wonder if he'd even encountered a mage before and whether he was even capable of having my back. He'd better not nervous if one did show and fuck everything up. I'd seen he could shoot - that was all he needed to do. I also knew he was a pussy that wailed about his amnesia at every opportunity too, so I trusted him even less than I trusted anyone else.

There was every chance he might mess up, which is why my thoughts were going to be on saving my own ass, not his. Not that they wouldn't have been anyway, because I wasn't going to waste my time on other people. I had more important things to worry about - such as how to get anything of any value out of the house without being burnt to a crisp or suffering some magical injury instead.

I shifted my feet slightly, uncomfortable in my crouched position, and waited.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:35 pm

After just a few moments of crouching my legs started getting tired. At first it was quiet - like maybe the house was just settling or whatever bullshit they used to explain why old houses creak at random moments and scare the bejesus out of you. But just as I thought my thighs were going to fall asleep completely I heard the sound of footsteps on the stairs. They were quiet but quick. Considering that there were windows letting full sunlight onto the landing at the bottom of the stairs, it wasn't a vamp.

I sat with my gun raised and breath baited. A second pair of footsteps followed the first and then I heard voices. I couldn't make out what they were saying except that they were getting closer, presumably as the mages checked the various rooms along the hallway. It felt a bit like a game of hide-and-seek where you half hope that they won't find you and half hope that they will. Getting out alive seemed pretty good, but if I could get some info or anything, really, then it would be worth it to fight the sons of bitches.

I heard a door latch release and I knew they were in the room directly next to ours. I could practically hear my heartbeat in my ears and feel the adrenaline rushing in my blood as the footsteps drew nearer and nearer. Then, they were upon us. A model-tall woman with unnaturally red hair and a scar stretching from the base of her ear to her collarbone and a shorter bulky-looking man with a unibrow came through the door, guns blazing. Figuratively, of course.

The woman was wielding some kind of longbow. It kind of took my by surprise. I mean a longbow? Weren't we in pretty close quarters for that type of thing? But I didn't really have a lot of time to assess her weapon of choice as she loosed an arrow and I dived out of the way. It stuck into the desk beside me with such force that I gave a silent prayer of thanks that I wasn't shish kabobed. I fired off a round but missed. Fuck

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics