setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open - Supers] A Matter of Time - Page 3

[Open - Supers] A Matter of Time

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open - Supers] A Matter of Time

Erika Richards | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Mon May 11, 2015 5:09 am

I was focused on lock-picking, but shit that didn't mean I'd missed Ren's near run-in with a squirrel. I just sniggered to myself, stopping when the lock finally clicked and I could pull the door open.

The house was quiet, almost eerily so as I moved in through the door. It led into the hallway, the front door visible off-center the other end, past the stairs. I took a few, slow, steady steps, listening as I silently moved across the flooring, and watching, too. A painting hanging on the wall caught my eye, looked authentic, pricey.

My hand lay on my holster, ready to pull out my gun, but I didn't just yet. Not when I couldn't even hear anything. Just in case it wasn't a gang of fangers in the house, I wanted to maintain an air of innocence. Plus, with Ren toting his gun around like GI Joe, there was a good chance him being obviously armed would make him the initial target if something did jump out of the shadows.

I gestured for him to pass me, standing in the shadow of the stairs in the gloomy hallway, light only from the back door, and the small windows in the front door further on. I frowned down the small, long hallway, noting the cleanness of the air in the light. Surprisingly for an 'abandoned' house, there wasn't much dust about the place...

Back to top Go down

Ren Davenport | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:11 pm

I followed Rik through the back door with my gun at the ready. The house was a fancy place, for sure. Everything from the hardwood floors to the ornate details on the staircase oozed money. Shit, a bunch of lowlife vampers were living better than me.

I moved ahead of Rik after only slight hesitation. I wasn't sure I trusted her to have my back, but it would be useless trying to argue with her. I had figured that much out. If I anticipated her instinct towards self-preservation I might be able to use it to my advantage instead of being left high and dry like she would probably try at the first opportunity.

I glanced up the stairs but the landing and what I could see of the upstairs hallways were dark. If there were vamps here, they were probably up there hunkered down with the windows blocked. Unless the house had a basement. They liked basements.

The front door seemed to be the hub of the house, with the stairs and several arches all located nearby and leading to the different parts of the place. I looked through one of the arches, into a surprisingly clean and well-cared-for dining room. Definitely not abandoned. I took a cautious step into the room, but a large window facing the front of the house would probably prevent any vampires from jumping me. Unfortunately it also meant that someone might be able to see me if they looked in. I stepped into an area out of the line of sight of the window and waited for Rik to follow or maybe give some clue as to what her plan was.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:39 pm

The more I looked around the house, the more I had to hide a grin from Ren. But I'd definitely scored. Whoever owned the place, vampire or otherwise, definitely seemed loaded.

When Ren passed me I followed him a little, as I was supposed to, but gradually my footsteps slowed and I let him get a lead on me. I glanced around, up the stairs into the darkness above and simply around the hallway, keeping an eye out, just in case. And then when Ren disappeared into one of the rooms I quickly sneaked back on myself and disappeared into the one opposite.

I entered slowly at first, but it was pretty obvious the room was empty after a quick look and I strolled into it. It was a study/library or something of a mix between the two, with a large desk and rows of bookcases along the wall. One of the windows was boarded up but light shone through another and provided visibility. I walked towards a small bureau and picked up a statue of a wave formation from it, turning it upside down and weighing it in my hands. It was heavy, solid - pretty intricate too. Most likely it was made of brass and it might have been worth something, but I had to weigh up how easy it would be to get something that heavy out of the house unseen by Ren. I placed it back and passed onto one of the bookshelves, idly picking up a glass paperweight from the shelf in one hand and a random book from another. I had to work out how to get anything past Ren, unless I just left him in there high and dry, or decided I didn't care if he knew and stole a bunch of shit right in front of him. He hadn't ratted me out so far, but the idea of him having information on me left me feeling uneasy.

I glanced down to the open book in my hand. It was written in what looked like Latin and I scoffed - it figured, rich vampires and expensive books. I might be better taking a few of them off the shelves rather than carting small statues out of the house. I glanced back down to the book with more interest and then stopped. I didn't read Latin, but I'd seen the page layout dozens of times. It was a spellbook.

A spellbook. Either this was a group of vampires into collecting, or it wasn't just vampires we were dealing with - if at all. Shit. I shoved the small book into a pocket of my combats and readied my gun, on alert. If there were mages involved there could be all sorts of wards and charms on the house and it's contents.. and some residents who wouldn't be at all affected by light.

Back to top Go down

Ren Davenport | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:34 pm

After a few moments with no Rik I backtracked to the arch I had just entered through, but there was no sign of her in the hall either. I wasn't sure if I should go back or what. She hadn't said anything so it was possible that she had gotten caught up with a vamp except that there was sunlight coming in through most of the windows on the first floor and she didn't seem reckless enough to go upstairs alone. I hadn't worked with a partner since waking up in a hospital. I was told that my brother and I had worked together in the past but at this point I only had instinct to go on. Instinct told me that you didn't just leave your partner without a word so I walked back through the hall glancing through the various door and archways, hoping to catch a glimpse of her.

I finally found her in some kind of library area. What are you doing? I hissed. I'll admit, I was a little worried. Her being caught by a bunch of vamps would give them the upper hand and would not look good on the report. She was a big girl, but she was cocky too. Wasn't there supposed to be some shit about "pride cometh before the fall" or whatever. I guess it would give me some kind of sick pleasure to see her bitchiness get her into some real trouble. Although if it was of the supernatural sort the uppers would probably blame me, especially after what Rik said about them watching me or whatever. I wasn't sure why I had agreed to go along with the whole thing anyway. I should have just ignored my orders to meet up with the AOG and done my own thing. It was essentially what I was doing anyway except without big brother, or I guess in this case Father, watching me.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:51 pm

There was a movement near the door and I turned, sharply, pointing my gun at the intruder. When I saw who it was for a split second I thought about using the surprise as an excuse, but then rolled my eyes and lowered my handgun.

Quote Begin Aw, is little Ren scared of being left all on his own in the big bad house while his partner actually does some work? I'm saving your damn ass is what I'm doing.Quote End Saving my own was more like the truth, along with some select valuables, but for the sake of the argument Ren didn't need to know any of that. Quote Begin Look, if you're going to get your panties in a twist.Quote End I didn't want to let on about the book I already had stashed on my person, so I looked along the row of books and carefully picked out another. I flipped it open and checked the contents before holding it up to Ren to have a look at. I didn't even think about whether he might know what it was - just assumed. It didn't tend to occur to me that other members of the AOG might not have had close dealings with all supernatural species as I had over the years. Quote Begin Know what that is? I don't think it's vampires we're dealing with here. Or, just vampires. Now are you gonna hiss at me more or get with the fucking program? Quote End If I needed his back then he could be useful, though I doubted I might do. I was more concerned about getting anything out of the house for my benefit with bitch-tits keeping an eye on my every move.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics