setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open - Supers] A Matter of Time

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Erika Richards | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:22 am

Thread Details

Street, outside a seemingly abandoned house | Cold but sunny | 4pm

OOC Message

For anyone who might want to post a supernatural character - please let Ash post Ren in the thread first.

I checked the time on my phone again and paced a little more at the bus stop, waiting for Ren to arrive. Technically, he wasn't late - I was early. I was raring to go, ready for a mission and whatever else the mission might bring into my clutches, especially in this sort of neighborhood..

I'd scoped out the house a little already. Two stories, old, or as old as houses could get round here and made out of brick, had an overgrown but ornamental garden and a large yard out the back, again overgrown. Some of the windows were boarded over and it didn't exactly look lived in.. but it didn't quite look abandoned either. There were no cobwebs across the gate or front door, and the gravel drive looked freshly disturbed.

It had also obviously gotten onto the AOG awareness list for a reason. They'd listed it as a potential hideout for a fledgling vampire nest, along with a bunch of other stuff I hadn't really listened to. Vampires and a rich neighborhood - what else did I need to know? With the years and cash some of those fangers tallied up, there could be all kinds of things stashed away in that house. Even if we'd been instructed by the higher ups only to watch - unless there was any suspicious activity, obviously.

I tapped my foot on the ground and pulled out my phone again, glad no-one else was waiting at the bus stop. Shit, with houses like these I doubt any of the rich bitches round here would use the bus.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open - Supers] A Matter of Time

Ren Davenport | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:12 pm

OOC Message

A minute or two after four I walked up to where Rik was standing and waiting for me. Our first "mission" together was pretty typical AOG stuff, scoping out some old house to see if it was a vampire hangout. Our best chance of seeing one was once the sun went down, but meeting before that happened would give us the chance to scope the place out when vampires were at their weakest. I'd read the file and briefly entertained the idea that maybe one of them would know something, but I was probably just dreaming and we weren't really supposed to be actually doing anything useful - 'cause why would we ever want to do that? It was kinda like a slap in the face - please watch this house to see if your sworn enemies are there, but don't actually engage them. Bitch, please. I would engage them if I damn well pleased... Maybe.

Yo. I said when I reached the bus stop. A Mercedes whizzed by, disturbing the otherwise peaceful street and revealing the type of people that lived around here. The perfect neighborhood for the usually old and often rich vampires, who were seemingly fascinated with finery. Or maybe they were just so arrogant they thought they deserved that kind of lifestyle. What a bunch of fuckers. You ready?

My jacket concealed my pistol and another smaller backup handgun as well as my knife. I was seriously considering buying a higher caliber weapon - maybe a semiautomatic. I wasn't really trained for shotguns, but it wasn't hard to find the idea of a bigger gun appealing and I could always put in a few hours at the range.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:33 pm

Quote Begin No, I'm standing here waiting but I'm not ready. What the fuck do you think?Quote End I rolled my eyes at Ren, letting my mouth run but not really annoyed. As I strode over to him I could feel Neo against my back, the gun strapped loosely into place under my baggy coat. If only men were as reliable as guns, then the female half of the population wouldn't have so much to complain about. Not that I had much faith in my half of the human race either, but in my lines of work I didn't tend to deal with them so much.

When I reached Ren, I strode right up to him, ignoring his personal space, and pulled him down for a kiss before he could protest. Quote Begin Just in case anyone's watching - a happy fucking couple meeting, in love, rose tinted glasses, etcetera, not two people skulking about.Quote End I explained, my movements mechanical and not even bothering to make eye contact as my gaze swept the driveway of the house instead. Masquerading as a couple was one of the easiest ways to loiter without being noticed, if only because most people didn't want to watch other's blatant displays of PDA, so I stayed what would be considered uncomfortably close to most people. I'd stopped giving a shit years ago. Quote Begin Driveway recently been used. 'Place isn't as empty as someone wants people to think. I noticed a back entrance earlier.Quote End I said, reaching forward to ruffle Ren's hair. That was probably less couple-y and more what you'd do to a pet dog, but he wasn't so unlike that and I wanted to see if it'd annoy him. Plus a well trained dog might be more helpful.

Back to top Go down

Ren Davenport | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:17 pm

I think maybe it's better not to make assumptions. I retorted mildly. I was in a hunting mindset. I didn't have much patience for a certain woman running her mouth at a simple question.

I turned my attention to our mark. It was an old brick house with one of those really steep roofs you see on French architecture. It was unkempt and abandoned, at least to the untrained eye.

Rik's kiss surprised me, and honestly made me a little suspicious. From experience I could say with conviction good things did not come from kissing Rik, but her explanation made sense so I went along with it for the sake of the hunt. In another situation I might've made a joke about her wanting into my pants, but I was too focused. I didn't want her jokes or to make any of my own.

Part of losing my memories was being able to observe myself. There were things about myself that were obvious when I didn't have an explanation for them. I'd been told I was raised in a family of vampire hunters, although I couldn't figure why they hadn't tried to reach me. A strict training regime imposed by my parents would explain the way I felt when I hunted - focused and alert. It was clear that my mindset was that the hunt came first. Even Rik's ass couldn't top it.

I completely ignored Rik's hair-ruffle and instead cast a subtle glance in the direction of the house. She was right, the driveway had been used. The houses in the neighborhood were apart and there wasn't loads of traffic, it wouldn't be improbable that vampires could pull a car around the back of the house to another hidden entrance, especially under the cover of darkness. What are you thinking we do?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:44 pm

There was only one thing I was thinking about. While looking at the house, pacing about and even while kissing Ren. Getting in that house and getting my hands on any loot. There'd been this one time, a vampire hunt at a rich old house, with these gorgeous solid silver candlesticks that made me practically go goo-goo eyed just thinking about them. Fuck, they'd been beautiful. The only thing that beat them was the cash I'd traded them for.

Quote Begin I'm thinking we go in the house. Hey look, I saw something at the window.. suspicious, we should go in there now and check it out.Quote End I said drolly, not even bothering to look at the window or put any energy into making the lie sound believable while I spoke. I was going into that house, suspicious activity or not. Any actual activity meant a fun opportunity to spray some bullets and no activity meant a free pass at anything inside. Even if there wasn't anything inside, some of the accents on the house itself would be worth a pretty penny. It was a win-win either way, with one exception. Ren'd better not be a whiney, rule-following bitch. Quote Begin Whaddya say, huh?Quote End I asked, my gaze shifting to the side of the property leading up to the back gate. All I could see in my mind was candlesticks.. candlesticks and great big green fat wads of cash. Covered in blood, maybe. Vampire blood - even better.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics