setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Expectation - Page 2

[Private] Expectation

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Expectation

Joel West |

Posted on Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:59 am

Whatever event or circumstance had changed Daphne's mind, her different attitude intrigued me. I sat up straighter, inclining my head as I studied the girl, hands still clasped in front of me. Maybe there was actually hope for her. I barely noticed any physical alterations to Daphne, but that one apparent change in opinion was enough to completely catch my attention.

Quote Begin Well, that's real good you're willing to learn about it.Quote End I said, smiling - and for once it wasn't a smirk or derogatory towards her. IT was a genuine, hopeful smile.

Her corresponding question to my own had me stumped though. What did the girl mean? I'd been trying to make conversation and it wasn't meant to go like this. I raised one eyebrow, wondering where exactly she was trying to go with the line of questioning and thinking thoroughly before answering. Quote Begin It was a general question about your life, but technically, if you were possessed by an evil spirit then that would obviously affect your life - so both.Quote End I answered with a smug smile, confident that might make Daphne stop and think as she hadn't seemed to contemplate both scenarios actually being connected. Quote Begin Why do you ask? Is this your way of telling me you have been possessed by evil spirits?Quote End I added on, even though I doubted it was true. If it were I hardly expected she'd be there telling me all about it... though stranger things most likely had happened. I'd come to learn that there were times when our powers couldn't be readily explained like any science from a textbook, even if that fact did irk me.

Back to top Go down

Daphne Collins | Witch; Necromancer

Posted on Sun May 03, 2015 2:28 pm

Learning about necromancy and actually pursuing it were to different things. I wanted to learn about it, sure, but I wasn't ready to cross the line into actually manipulating the dead. I'd already started researching it on my own time, and it didn't seem like a good idea. People have been fascinated with the idea of raising the dead since the beginning of time, and yet it didn't go well. It's never depicted well in literature, and things didn't go so well for our ancestors, the original necromancers. They were even considered to be cursed. Maybe they were hunted out of fear, but necromancy had been associated with evil for centuries.

No, I haven't been possessed or anything like that. It's just... I didn't really think you cared? I'd never pegged Joel as the type of person who asked questions if he didn't care what the answer was. Asking how I was would only lead to small talk, and neither one of us were the small talk types. I'd certainly never considered us friends, and it seemed like affection was the only thing that led a person to care about how another was doing.

Back to top Go down

Joel West |

Posted on Tue May 05, 2015 7:30 am

Daphne's reply only confused me further. It felt like she was punishing me in some way by not adhering to basic conversational rules. When I asked her how she was I'd expected a small rundown of how she was, what she'd been up to. The typical sort of things that came up in conversation. Instead it was starting to feel like this was a trick, emotional questioning response, and I had to wonder if Daphne was hormonal. I might have grown up in a female-dominated household and knew the signs, but there never seemed to be any way to prepare for occasions like this. I'd learned that differing to scientific, quantifiable matters, when speaking with females at times there just wasn't a right answer.

It had been a year or two since living with my family, though, and since living with Edie and Monday, the latter of which was more hormonal that my grandmother, I'd gotten used to not having to deal with these sorts of questions.

Quote Begin I was only asking how you were.Quote End I said, frowning at Daphne. Quote Begin ...and some people stereotype the English as well-mannered.Quote End I raised one eyebrow at her. What exactly was she trying to accomplish by refusing to answer my questions, and asking real strange ones back instead?

I shook my head and got to answering her question as best as I could - because that's what you were supposed to do, in that sort of situation. Quote Begin I was just trying to make conversation. And I care about all mediums, actually. It's necessary to make conversation with others and get to know them if our species is finally rise above the others, or if I want to progress, or join a coven. There's no point in blocking off such opportunities.Quote End I said, tone hinting that if Daphne kept up with her strange questions then it might be exactly what she ended up doing. Quote Begin It's good you haven't been possessed, though, unless obviously you were hoping to.Quote End I added on, just for good measure, and in an attempt to try and get back into the normal conversational equation.

Back to top Go down

Daphne Collins | Witch; Necromancer

Posted on Thu May 07, 2015 11:53 am

I couldn't say I'd ever been the type of person to substitute manners for authenticity, and I had never thought that Joel was either. Perhaps the English were supposed to be polite, but I didn't exactly have a typical upbringing. I'd learned that most people were jerks, and the fact that they shielded it behind manners didn't make it any better. To me if you don't care then don't ask. That's why I was surprised he had asked how I was, and his explanation didn't make things any better. I was just now warming to the idea of necromancy and Joel was talking about rising above other races. Slow your roll there, Hitler. I couldn't say that I had any affection for other supernaturals, but 'rising above' them sounded suspiciously like 'using dead people to kill them'. And I certainly couldn't say that I automatically cared about all mediums. Perhaps if I joined a coven I would care about the members of that coven, but I wouldn't be politely manipulating every medium I met under the guise that I cared about them in order to convince them to start the medium master race.

I didn't want to call bullshit on Joel's little speech so I just shrugged it off and sipped my tea like the polite English girl he had stereotyped me to be. That's true I said, And uh, things have been fine with me. If he claimed to care then I would just go along with it. We still weren't friends by any means, but I wasn't about to be rude to him purely based on principal. And yourself?

Back to top Go down

Joel West |

Posted on Mon May 11, 2015 5:27 am

I smiled to myself, and then at Daphne in what I hoped was an encouraging way. It seemed like the girl had done a lot of growing since we'd last met. Quote Begin Yes, it is.Quote End I confirmed, happy that she finally seemed to be sharing my view. It was about time. Quote Begin I'm pleased to hear that, and I've been good too. I've been practicing, honing my skills.Quote End I could sense a recognizable or different aura from among others in a crowded room with relative ease - just as I'd done with Daphne - and without feeling too drained, either. Quote Begin Obviously we should view each other with potential.. but I need something solid to offer a coven if I wanted to join one. And I think it could be the best way forward, the best way to learn.Quote End

Someone with an electric guitar on the small, makeshift stage let it make a particularly loud sound that could only be described as a wail, and I paused, frowning and waiting for the din to stop so I could continue. A loud, bustling coffee shop on an open mic night might not be the best time to try and talk, but I was determined to try anyway. Quote Begin What about you?Quote End I asked, curious as to what Daphne could actually do.

I spotted the dwindling queue for drinks out of the corner of my eye and stiffened, narrowing my eyes before glancing back to Daphne. Quote Begin Do you want another drink?Quote End I asked, well aware that she already had one, though I couldn't see how much left, but also that it was considered a friendly thing to do anyway. I was at the coffee shop to build bridges, however tiresome it might end up being. It would hopefully be worth it.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics