setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Expectation

[Private] Expectation

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Private] Expectation

Daphne Collins | Witch; Necromancer

Posted on Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:03 pm

Thread Details

Cloudy | 8 pm

OOC Message
Outfit

I occasionally stopped in at Uncommon Grounds to pick up a cup of tea and maybe some biscuits before work. I kept to myself and didn't speak to anyone unless it was a polite reply Mary Ann or one of the other baristas, so I was surprised when I was approached by a man claiming to be a medium named Sabastien. He invited me to come to the shop on a Friday night, saying that he knew some others like me that I might be interested in meeting.

I was curious - I'd only met a few other mediums, and I'd never formed any lasting connections with any of them. The idea of some kind of network of mediums was appealing to me in it's own right, and I simply couldn't stop thinking about what Joel had said about gaining more power. Necromancy seemed like insanity, and yet it could offer mediums protection from other supers and mundanes alike.

The live shows must have been popular because the shop was pretty crowded when I walked in. A bloke with a guitar was sitting on a stool in the corner, playing some kind of bluesy cover. People were milling about, listening to the music or having quiet conversation with each other. I was unsure about what to do, I didn't see Sebastien about anywhere so I opted to order a drink and find a quiet place to sit until I saw Sebastien.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Expectation

Joel West |

Posted on Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:43 am

OOC Message

My need to further my interest in mediumship and necromancer reached a new height - one that toppled my distaste for social events. Evening social events, in my opinion, were usually even worse. Drinking, loudness and large crowds were all things that I either detested, or made me feel uncomfortable. Usually I simple had better things to do. I had so many books to read and study, then there was my work, and an endless amount of other hobbies and interests taking up my time. Social... things didn't even crop up on my radar.

Until I met Sebastien. As soon as I was around him, I could sense that something was different. He was a medium - that I found obvious, but I was also thrilled to be able to recognise that he was more than that too. He'd unlocked his necromancer powers. It was exhilarating, awe-inspiring, and also made me a little bitter towards him too.

So I found myself at Uncommon Grounds at a time I was usually either at home or at work, feeling uncomfortable and unsure. It wasn't a feeling I was used to. Mortals, I didn't care about their opinions, or how I would fare in their judgement. It was completely different where other mediums were concerned. For the first time in my life, I wanted others to accept me. No, more than accept me. I wanted to be included as truly one of them, have their respect, and hopefully one day be in charge, or the one they all looked to, as Sebastien now seemed to be.

I walked slowly into the shop, letting my power branch out to see what other mediums I could sense. Sebastien's aura was faint, and I wondered if he was upstairs, but the power and familiarity of it still meant it hit me. It was another that had me frowning, concentrating through the surges of overwhelming human emotions and auras until I picked up where it was coming from. My feet led the way towards it, my brow furrowed. Of all people to be here... the last time I'd seen Daphne and had learned her attitude towards broadening our species powers, she was the last person I expected to see in Sebastien's shop.

Her pale colouring meant she stood out easy enough around the humans and I walked straight up to her table.

Quote Begin I wasn't expecting to see you here.Quote End I said, with a blunt surprise, waiting for some kind of expectation as I stood at the table and looked down at the girl.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:07 pm

I was sitting quietly, sipping tea and watching the other people as they went about their business. The performer was playing an Elton John song that I kinda liked, and I swayed along with it. I hadn't been paying much attention, so I was surprised when a voice that was definitely Joel's rang out from almost directly above me. I glanced up, lips parting in surprise, to see him towering over me.

I was invited. I said mildly. I frowned up at him, Did you meet Sabastien too? It was pretty much the only explanation - at least, this didn't really seem like Joel's scene - not that it was much mine either. I'd never felt fully comfortable in crowded places. I knew how we'd last left things, and why he might be surprised that I was at a meeting for mediums. But he'd been right, at least in some ways. I wanted to legitimately protect myself from evil spirits. Maybe necromancy wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but I thought it might be worth investigating. And meeting other mediums couldn't hurt.

My neck was growing tired of being at such an awkward angle. Care to sit down? I said, gesturing to the empty seat at my table. I didn't particularly care if he did, I doubted he was fond of me, and I wasn't much of him.

Back to top Go down

Joel West |

Posted on Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:22 am

Of course Daphne had been invited. I wouldn't be surprised if Sebastien had invited every medium he could possibly come into contact with from Index, or even beyond, at some point or another.

I sat down opposite her but was still skeptical. Quote Begin Not to be rude, but the last time I saw you, you weren't real excited about the necromancy.Quote End I drawled, raising an eyebrow pointedly. She'd been against it, fiercely from what I could remember, but then I supposed that it had been a decent amount of time between then and the present. I gave Daphne a little look over. Back when we'd met, I'd never have thought I'd be in a coffee shop like this, at this time of night, for some extra-curricular event with music that sounded basically, atrocious.

Quote Begin But... I guess things can change.Quote End I said, looking out over the crowd of people apparently enjoying the music, and letting my eyes dart back over to Daphne, though I didn't turn my head at first. I was thinking, calculating.

I turned back to her, wishing I'd gotten a drink first. There was now a queue and I had no desire to wait among the most likely sweaty bodies. Quote Begin ...how have things been, with you?Quote End I asked, slotting my fingers between each other in front of my on the table.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:42 pm

I swept my gaze over the room as he sat down, trying to guess purely from looks who might be a medium, but it was impossible. Even Joel and I looked completely different and had completely different backgrounds. The only thing we really had in common was our power. Yet that had been enough for us to have met on several occasions.

I'm not really sure that I'm excited, but I figure if I'm going to be unexcited it won't be because of ignorance. I shrugged. I didn't really know whether I was really interested in necromancy. It just seemed wrong. You don't mess with the dead like that and come out unscathed.

I leaned forward to sip my tea and took the opportunity to look at Joel while he watched the crowd. He didn't look like he had changed much, except for a haircut if my memory was correct.  I'd probably changed more than him, both internally and externally. Whenever we talked he seemed so set in his beliefs. I wasn't sure what I believed. Last time we'd met I'd long pink hair, which I'd cut and let the color fade. It didn't hold well anyway.

Are you asking about my life, or whether I've been possessed by any evil spirits lately? I asked skeptically. I didn't think that Joel liked me well enough to care about my personal life, but it was hard to be sure about the phrasing. Perhaps he was just making small talk. Maybe he was waiting for Sebastian like me.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics