setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open -1] Homework Assignment - Page 2

[Open -1] Homework Assignment

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open -1] Homework Assignment

Farah Adams |

Posted on Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:36 am

Yeah too bad is right. I nodded, though I wasn't sure if I was just agreeing for the sake of it or if I actually wished my parents were stricter. It wasn't like they let me do whatever I wanted by they didn't exactly impose a lot of rules on my brother and myself. The last time Mom had been on my case about something had been all those college applications she'd insisted I fill out for all the fancy, over-priced colleges I hadn't any interest in going to. As long as I was taking the required steps to get to med school then I didn't care where I was really. I'd prefer to be close by, there were so many reasons for me not to go too far from Index. Family, friends, the fact that I really didn't feel like I was ready to live away from all that by myself with strangers in a dorm. But that was probably just me being a total wimp.

Then again, it's kinda awesome. Having some freedom I mean. Plus it's always when you're not supposed to be somewhere at some time... like, that's always when you want to stay the most. I lifted one of my shoulders in a little shrug and gave him another quick smile before turning my gaze back to my book. Well really I was looking over the top to keep an eye on Karmen and the other two, Lacey and Mia. Within our 'group of friends' those three were definitely the closest. They were all nice girls really, but recently they just been totally obsessed with partying and all that. 

I laughed at his joke, grinning more broadly now as my attention was once again drawn away from studying. Or pretending to study really. Well.. you could be one of those people who hates everyone and yet goes out it public so they can feel righteously indignant whenever someone so much as looks there way. One of those broody, misunderstood people. I joked back, giggling a little at the image I'd painted. Those kinda people were everywhere. 

His next question surprised me, making me wonder if it was like totally obvious or whether he was just really astute. It was probably obvious though, I had been staring at them. Yeah, I am. I mean, it's terrible because I don't even have the excuse of them being bullies. Not even close. I leaned a little close and lowered my voice conspiratorially. They're actually my friends. My friends that were currently dressed up kinda whore-ishly and looking nothing like they usually did.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:31 pm

I thought a little about my mother, my memories of her, and my worry about seeing her one last time. I wanted to. I wanted to ask Noelle about her own, and whether she'd seen any of her family since she'd been turned. I knew it was a bad idea, but I didn't want it to be. I wanted to hear that one last time wasn't a bad idea for closure's sake. It wasn't like I was close to my mother, but we weren't not close either. That was really the result of having a mother with a career, military or no.

You always want what you can't have or... I side-eyed her, Or what's forbidden. Basic psychology. Sounds like your mom knows what she's doing.

And I couldn't tell you the exact connection my mind made, something to do with parents and knowing what they were doing but.. I thought of another search phrase. I pulled the computer back to me, again covering the letter, and typed Dr. Reese AOG. A few hits from the Index General Hospital on myself on the first page. No surprise there.

Who says I'm not broody and misunderstood? I smiled, thankful I'd held myself together this long and my fangs were still where they needed to be. Fuck being new was annoying sometimes. Thinking about not thinking about something just made you think about the damned thing. I hit the next button and the second listing looked the most promising of anything I'd seen the entire time I'd tried to search for this man. It looked like a snippet from a forum posting.

...doc here in Darrington is terrible. Med school drop out. But the folks over at St. Paul can hook you up with ol' Sig Reese. He was..."

I clicked the link, and let the shitty wifi completely load before I bothered to pay the page any attention. Really now? I looked to the girls and back to the one sitting beside me. I think you could do better. I glanced at the screen, to see something sort of the setup of a reddit or 4chan forum. Not something I'd frequented, but I knew of it. So, if you're going to be all up in my space I suppose we should at least exchange names to make the conversation a little easier. I'm Ben.

Back to top Go down

Farah Adams |

Posted on Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:16 pm

My mom? Sure, I guess. Again I shrugged, not exactly willing to start correcting some stranger about personal matters like that, no matter how nice he was. Telling him that my mom was self-centered and more concerned with her career that her kids way be way inappropriate. Dad was the good parents out of the two, the one who I felt truly cared about us, but he worked at the hospital so I got that he was busy a lot too. At least his reasons were good and about helping others, not like my mother and just wanting to help herself. 

But yeah, the whole wanting what you can't have... it's ridiculous. I mean, I understand the thought process behind it but... I don't think I'll ever understand the capacity people have for lying to themselves. If I wasn't set on pediatrics I'd probably want to become a psychologist. Oh God, I was going on and on again. Embarrassment flooded through, blushing and attempting to hide it by ducking my head. Sorry, I have a tendency to ramble. Like, a lot. I mumbled, attempting a wry smile but getting the feeling I hadn't quite pulled it off. Seriously was that just a habit I'd be stuck with for life or was I magically going to grow out of it one day?

Another giggle bubbled up and slipped past my lips at his words, giving him a look that I was aiming for 'skeptically amused' with. Well, for one you don't seem overly offended by invaded your.. personal space bubble of doom or whatever you'd call the area around those people. I tilted my head to the side, looking him over again. Plus you seem nice. Other than the curfew comment he hadn't talked down to me like a lot of adults still tended to do. Or explaining things way too much, which was a huge pet peeve of mine. Being young didn't make me stupid.

Do better? You mean, get better friends? I should probably feel indignant hearing people I cared about described like that but I could only sigh. I was avoiding them to the point of actually hiding from them after all. They're not so bad it's just that... people change and all that. I slouched down in my seat slightly when their gaze swept past me again and completely missed me. Maybe they'd leave now- nope, they were actually sitting down at another free table across the room, obviously waiting to see if I'd show up. God, could they not just get a taxi? Why were they so insistent on me going with them? I gave a little 'hmph' of annoyance before looking away from them. Oh, I'm Farah - nice to meet you Ben.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:34 pm

I perked up, actually stopping to look at her. It didn't even matter that I knew I was in no position to give this stranger career advice. But there was a part of me that felt like it was my duty to share my wisdom. If she didn't want it, she could throw it to some deep recess of her mind. If she wanted it, she'd have it.

I don't recommend psyche, at least if you want to make an actual living. As far as pediatrics, be prepared to see way more crack babies than you ever knew existed. It wasn't something that had kept me up at night or anything, it was just the truth, and while I did have to pretend certain elements of me were still human, I made no attempt to pretend to be overly saddened about the way things were.

But I was reminded of that whole, pretending to be human thing, so in the spirit of things I tipped my drink up to my lips, and wiped them off. faking a swallow. I took another glance at the monitor of my laptop, but I would wait until this youngling was gone before I put too much concentration on the matter.

Being nice and being good are two completely different things. And the second one is the important one. I slid down just a little in my chair, more just relaxing and resting my foot on the chair across from me, setting my height a little more level with hers, not that that was exactly my intention. I looked over at her. They just um.. they don't look exactly like your type. Surely you're the smart one of the crowd, Farah.

Back to top Go down

Farah Adams |

Posted on Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:21 pm

His comment about the whole making a living thing was actually pretty funny, especially since thanks to my Dad I was actually pretty well acquainted with medical humor. He said things like that too. Which actually made me think of the fact that Ben had made the joke in the first place and given me advice so I was assuming he had to have experience with the whole thing. Yeah, keeping a roof over my head is something I assume will be pretty important when I'm a 'grown up'. I joked, remembering his curfew comment from before. 

But thinking about what else he said made me feel just the total opposite of amused really quickly. I knew that going into the field I wanted wasn't going to be all sunshine and rainbows but I wanted to work with kids more than anything. Through the good and the downright horrible. I know what I'm getting myself into, my Dad works at the hospital so it's not like I'm totally unprepared. I'll just have to deal with that when it comes to it I guess. I stopped then, realizing I was probably doing that thing where I was just way too open with people I didn't really know. I'd always been the kid who'd made friends quickly and even though I was older and wasn't trying to befriend everyone I met maybe it just translated to talking too much now.

Changing the subject seemed like a good idea.Or if not that then at least I could like switch up the focus. You seem pretty knowledgeable though, I'm guessing you work in medicine? I wanted to guess he was probably a doctor but that'd just be embarrassing if it turned out he was just someone who read about that kinda thing instead.

I shrugged a little at his point, not because I didn't agree with it but just because there wasn't much I could add to it. And some people can be both. For the sake of a brief conversation with a stranger while hiding from my friends I think either one of those things works. I said, grinning at him. I didn't pretend to be some expert judge of character but I liked to hope there was a little bit of both in everyone. But I wasn't so naive as to be sure there was. That kinda sounds like your saying I look like a nerd a little? Just kidding. I joked, but what he said made me think. They're just like really interested in going to parties and stuff lately, that's just not really my thing but I guess that makes them normal for our age. Which probably meant I wasn't. Normal that is, like I was prematurely middle-aged. I didn't feel that way though, it was just that the idea of talking to people at a bar who could be really drunk made me nervous.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics