setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open -1] Homework Assignment

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:29 pm

Thread Details

About 50F | Just after dark

OOC Message
Ben is wearing the outfit on the left.

Uncommon Grounds had a completely different feel to it at night than it had in the mornings when I used to stop after a long shift. The lights were dim, so much that the screen of my laptop cast a blue glow onto my face. Luckily I hadn't ventured on Open Mic Nite, as the flyers posted on the doors said it was tomorrow. No, it was some hipster with an acoustic guitar, canned music coming from the speakers. An untouched coffee sat beside my laptop, and the dossier-like letter was barely hidden under the laptop. I wasn't easily noticed in the dark corner of the store, other than that damned blueish glow. I rubbed my temples in frustration as nothing I searched gave me any results. I knew that old bad had been full of it.

AOG - random companies and thousands of results that seemed not at all related. The most related thing that came up was some pilot terminology. Aircraft on Ground. Dad was also Navy, apparently, but I didn't think that's where Gayle had gotten the organization's name from.

Army of God - a few anti abortion groups, but I didn't think any of them seemed actually threatening enough to be a "security organization" needing an ex military man.

Finally, I searched AOG Washington, and I began to skim through pages of worthless, unrelated results.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open -1] Homework Assignment

Farah Adams |

Posted on Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:37 am

OOC Message

It'd been a couple of weeks since my eighteenth birthday and I was still buzzing from the fact that I was legally an adult now. I could do what ever I wanted. Okay, so no drinking for another three years but I wasn't really all that interested in getting drunk anyway. My friend Karmen had taken a bottle of vodka from her parents' liquor cabinet for my party and yeah, it'd been fun to get drunk... from what I could remember of the experience. But the next day I'd woken up feeling like ten tons of crap and in no way eager to repeat the experience. I could still vividly recall just how much my head had hurt. A couple of my friends on the other hand... way too eager to do it again. All week they'd been bugging me to come out with them. Apparently there was some terrible bar that didn't care about ID or even if you brought in your own booze. No matter how much I'd told them I wasn't interested they still tried.

Which, if I was being honest, was probably because of the car my parents had gotten me as a birthday present. I'd passed my drivers test a couple of days before my eighteenth and they were probably just after a designated driver. Only one of the others besides me could drive and I knew she had no interest in going to some seedy bar either. That hadn't stopped the texts or calls trying to change my minds. It had been kinda funny at first but now I was annoyed. I flipped my phone face down to hang up on another call and stirred my coffee, trying to turn my attention back on the textbooks in front of me. After a few minutes I felt bad and picked up my phone, thumbing through some of the texts I'd ignored and spotted one that stood out from Karmen; "Your mom said you were studying at Grounds so we're on our way byotch x" I cringed and wondered far away she was now. I gathered my books and got ready to leave but I hadn't even taken a step towards the door when I saw them outside. Those sneaky bitches. I looked around and made my way over to the darkest corner, one that, it turned out, was already occupied but I'd have to take my chances. I slid into and seat and ducked my head slightly, watching the door. Umm, this is probably really weird but is it okay if I hide here for like just two minutes? I asked quietly, turning my head to look at whoever's space I'd invaded. I'd feel bad about it later though.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Posted on Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:06 pm

I heard the steps coming toward me, and I could tell they were heading in my exact direction. I kept expecting them to stop. They didn't. They were soft, someone small, someone light on their feet. I looked up from the screen and I saw her - shit, she had to be sixteen? Maybe seventeen? I barely had any scrouples, but the ones I had were unnerved. Especially when my eyes were drawn to her thighs by her outfit. Fuck, if only girls understood how easy it was to put our minds in the wrong place. I pulled my gaze away, knowing that with my speed would have hopefully kept that glance hidden. Besides, it was dark.

That's fine, I said, already skimming the screen, scrolling down with the track pad. I made a slight welcoming gesture by scooting over to give more room.

Out past curfew? I questioned, clicking the button for the next page.

Back to top Go down

Farah Adams |

Posted on Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:45 am

A grin split across my face when he said it was okay and I turned a little more, trying to get a proper look at him now. Obviously he was nice if he was just going to let some random stranger hide by him without even asking for any kind of explanation. Or was that something I was supposed to be suspicious of? I could never get all these social and personality clues straight in my head. Those indicators that were supposed to send off 'red flags' about someones personality. It didn't seem fair to do something like that, not in my opinion anyway. Didn't everyone deserve the benefit of the doubt? 

He looked like he was quite a bit old than me, but I wasn't sure if that was because he actually was or if it was the light of his laptop screen- but then again the past had thought me I was terrible with ages so maybe it was best that I didn't make any judgement calls on that. I'd been so wrong when it came to Monday's age but that was different. I mean, it was more significant that I'd been wrong seeing as I'd ended up crushing on him. Something that had somehow been reciprocated despite the age thing. But now that I was eighteen... I stopped myself right there, knowing I'd never have any hope of getting any studying done if I started daydreaming about Monday right then. 

His question drew my gaze back towards him and I let out a little laugh, trying not to feel indignant about it. A curfew? I don't think I've even had one of those since I was like fifteen. Anyway nope, I'm eighteen so no curfew. I glanced up and watched the door, only having to wait a few seconds before they came through, four of them already dressed in what they thought would make them look older. I rolled my eyes and pulled my AP Bio book towards me, opening in and trying to find my place from before. Thanks, by the way. It's really nice of you to let me just basically, like, invade your space. The fact that they hadn't stopped me yet obviously meant I made the right choice.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Posted on Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:08 am

Eighteen, huh? It didn't matter, jail bait had never been my cup of tea anyway, and plus one year didn't make that big of a difference. The immaturity meant an even more likely strong attachment that I would never reciprocate. But I could enjoy the scenery. Well, used to be able to. Now it sparked more things in me, especially after that night with Sofia. Caution was not as easy as it was before, and I found that I had to think of things to get my mind off of the elephant that was forever in the room for me.

Luckily I had quite an arsenal of disgusting things to put me off the mood. The smell of a C. Diff infection was always the first that came to mind, and then the mucous of a COPD'er. That sort of thing could at least stave off my appetite. But for now, it also helped that I had a mission that dealt a little, apparently, with self preservation.

My attention was drawn to the mean girls themselves who had just walked in the door. I'd never paid that much attention to youth, outside of medical care during traumas resulting from their clumsy driving skills. I found it amusing how pack dynamics worked in humans too, even at such a young age. There was even an alpha, her head held high while she looked around. Oh, that's who this girl was hiding from. I smirked, and as if I still cared about high school social status and cliques, I'd already placed this girl higher than them. Especially with her Biology book in hand. Yeah, someone would definitely miss her if I had her for dinner.

Too bad you don't have something like that to use as an excuse then, I said, still looking at the likely prom queens but also future drug addicts and trailer park residents. I figured if I kept my current diet, it would only take a year before I could pick them off that back alley behind the hospital.

If I was so worried about personal space it wouldn't be very smart of me to be in public now would it? I grinned, pushing the laptop slightly away. I was now more interested in how this situation played out. I take it you're hiding from them?

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics