setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Blessing in disguise - Page 4

[Private] Blessing in disguise

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Blessing in disguise

Daniel Langer |

Posted on Sat May 02, 2015 12:39 pm

I grinned at her suggestion that she would buy me a chalupa. I've never been able to resist free food. I said, and I started following her. I hadn't wanted to intrude, but I couldn't be bothering her to much if she was willing to buy me lunch.

Now that's a loaded question. I couldn't really describe our style to anyone. Some people might think that it was a bad thing - a band that refuses to stick to one style. To me music was about personal expression. It didn't matter what anyone else thought about it as long as you liked it, and I liked a LOT of different styles. Sometimes you wanted something with a chill vibe and a sick beat and you would start messing around with stuff that resembled hip-hop or more electronic, and sometimes you wanted to wail on a guitar. Sometimes you just wanted that had a more indie or folksy type feel. We're definitely rock, but we pull in a little of a lot of different styles. Like, I dunno, some classical type stuff, but also classic rock and metal, and there's definitely some hip hop. It was hard to tell what Michelle would think of all this too. Maybe she was a purist and she was going to rant to me about how alternative should stay alternative (if that was even possible since it was such a broad range). We're definitely not emo, and we have yet to cover top 40 so I guess that narrows it down some?

Back to top Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sat May 16, 2015 7:05 pm

Yeah unless you just have twenties falling from your asshole I don't see how anyone could turn down free food, I said, and it took me a few paces to realize just how foul mouthed that might have sounded to him. Maybe I cared? A little? But not really. If my mannerisms were offensive to anyone well - there wasn't anyone forcing them to hang out with me. So far I'd come to find that way of thinking to make me happy in the long run. It meant that for the most part the people around me were people I could be myself with and not worry about it. 

Classic rock, hip hop, metal, I trailed off, attempting to imagine the sound while I walked but it wasn't possible. I'm sure I'll just have to hear for myself, I said, smiling and looking at him. I hoped for his sake that I liked the music, because I wouldn't pretend I did if I didn't. Maybe he wasn't the type to get butthurt about things like that, but most of the time music was the thing that people left out when it came to heated debates. At least with younger people... religion, politics, music... oh, and World of Warcraft factions. Fuck, if that wasn't the truth. And the thing was I rarely saw Alliance people getting heated about their faction unreasonably. Horde people... shit it was like you'd literally shat on their cheesecake. 

So I'm pretty forgetful, when is your next gig around here? I can't remember if you said. And thank god the Taco Bell was only a building or two away, because my stomach really was rumbling.

Back to top Go down

Daniel Langer |

Posted on Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:13 pm

The more I thought about the idea of someone having twenties falling out of their asshole the funnier it was to me. I'm not sure if that would be a blessing or a curse I said with a laugh. On the one hand, you have twenty dollars whenever you need it. On the other, you literally pulled it out of your ass.

Trying to explain the band's sound to Michelle was challenging, mostly because we weren't entirely set on one. I wasn't sure if we ever would be. We all liked experimenting with so many different styles. It wasn't beneficial popularity-wise since it meant we couldn't consistently produce good music in one genre, but I wanted the band to be making music for the love of music itself and not to please the masses. It definitely made us more appreciative of the fans we did have. I guess right now we're just experimenting with a lot of different sounds. At gigs we play covers mixed with some of the original stuff we have, which is less eclectic sounding than you would think.

The music business was a hard one to be in. There was this constant waffling between wanting to hear that your music was great and wanting to hear the truth, even when it heard. Sometimes we'd get a bad opinion from someone and have to remind ourselves that you can please 'em all.

Damn, the girl really was forgetful. The name was one thing but she forgot the conversation we just had? At least I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't show up to see us after she said she would. Uhh, One Shot. I didn't really want to rehash what little conversation we'd had. At the time she'd been too focused on using me to get out of work or whatever anyway. I think we'll mostly just be playing classic rock and metal type stuff there.

Back to top Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:08 pm

Meh, I said, still moving and shoving my hands in my pockets, Money is disgusting anyway, right? How much of your money can you guarantee hasn’t been pulled from a gonorrhea-riddled stripper’s thong? And the thought even grossed me out a bit. And that’s why, kids, that debit cards are a thing. That’s why we keep our own germy plastic and most of the numbers are just digits on a computer, right? No herpes money for me! Trust me, I’m no clean freak, but physical money was always gross.

We approached the building, and an annoying part of the layout where the sidewalk stopped, in favor of parking spaces that lead right up to the landscaping. As someone who walked more than she drove, that shit pissed me off. I purposefully stepped in the middle of some leafy plant. Take that, pedestrian ignorant landscape! Random, but whatever.

No, no, bruh, I said wheeeeen. I promise, I can be a little thick, but I’m not deaf, I grinned. Finally, I made it through the tiny pebbles and weedy landscaping and back to pavement in front of the door. After you, new friend.

Back to top Go down

Daniel Langer |

Posted on Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:13 pm

I didn't really spend a lot of time thinking about where my money had been. I knew that it was nasty, but Michelle put it in such graphic terms that it really put a damper on the appetite - and made me want to wash my hands.

As we came up on the joint the sidewalk ended and we had to walk through some bushes, which I guess pissed Michelle off because she stepped directly on one and had some kind of mini-rant. I wasn't really sure how to respond to that so I walked between the plants (like a normal person might) and tried not to stare.

Oh I gotcha. Guess I'm the deaf one I said with a laugh. It was good to know she hadn't been completely ignoring our conversation, or at least that her memory didn't completely suck. It's on Saturday. We go on pretty early but, eh, a gig is a gig I shrugged. The setlist was decidedly classic rock and lacked some of the other influences I had mentioned to Michelle. From what I could tell, the bar's patrons wouldn't be impressed by our diversity. We did some pretty good covers though so it was a start.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics