setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Blessing in disguise - Page 3

[Private] Blessing in disguise

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Blessing in disguise

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:19 pm

Remy had been an odd bird, one of those people that you really just couldn't read whether or not she liked you, but I was pretty sure she was infatuated with the dude she was seeing. I never saw him, and I think that was part of her cover or whatever. She didn't want anyone to know shit about her, maybe cept that dude. 

Yeah, I'd say it was something like that. I kinda shrugged. I didn't wanna in the middle of shit like that, especially when it had long been past. And it didn't even really matter that much to me. 

Really, I might have made it seem like it left a lot to be desired, but I sorta wanted to believe that music was here, it just needed to be put together. I could sorta play, and I'd ran into more than a few musicians. But none of them really knew each other and I wasn't sure just how well the styles would mix. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to attempt a band, but where the hell did you even start? People were pretty touchy about music. There were so many different kinds and then different kinds within those different kinds. It sure as hell wouldn't be easy. Maybe you really couldn't just patch people together. You had to kind of grow together, right?

Oh, yeah, I've been there a time or two, I said, my eyes were kind of lighting up. I knew I'd end up being there more now that I knew Vincent would be around. Now this was just another reason. I know a few regulars there. And probably a lot more about them than he knew...

I craned around again to the register, to make sure no one was at the register. I almost panicked, until I realized it was Maggie. The funny thing was, I was beginning to use Maggie's incessant attempts to get me laid to my advantage. I winked at her and grinned. She mouthed something to me, and I had no fucking clue what it was. I figured though, that I could get out of here a little early if I played my cards right.

Excuse me, I'll be right back.  I briskly walked up to the counter, leaning on it and grinning, playing it up as much as I could. 
Whaddya think? I asked her quietly, raising my eyebrows. 
"I think your shift is over, go get 'em, Tiger!"

I walked just as fast back to Dan, knowing that the rest of this would lean on how well this worked with Dan.

So, my friend over there just informed me that my shift is over, and I'm starving. I don't suppose you'd wanna come with so I can find out more about the band?

Back to top Go down

Daniel Langer |

Posted on Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:49 pm

So you'll come see us then? Michelle seemed pretty cool, and she seemed to like One Shot, which meant that One Shot was probably a cool place. At least by Index standards. I was actually getting excited about it. The more I thought about it the more I hoped that there might actually be some semblance of a music scene and Michelle could be our in. I mean, at least she actually knew some regulars at the bar. I mean I knew Arden but I knew her brother more, and as far as I knew she didn't listen to much music from this century.

I nodded when Michelle excused herself and watched lazily as she walked to the register and had a short conversation with another employee and then walked back. I considered her suggestion that we grab lunch. I hadn't actually done anything that I'd come here to do, and my plans for lunch had been to head home and maybe make a sandwich or something. On the other hand, having a friend who was into the same music and who might know other people who were too would be worth putting off buying a few small things to have. Plus lunch with Michelle would be way more interesting than a sandwich alone or with whoever else happened to be in the house.

Sure. The band could use any advertising it can get. I joked. I didn't know where she was planning. I wasn't really familiar with any of the restaurants in town, except maybe the Taco Bell. Maybe this was my chance to get out and explore some new places.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:31 pm

Um... yeah, I said, matter of factly.

Oh, and uh... take your time with whatever you came here for, I didn't mean to interrupt your shopping. I'm going to go grab my shit from the back. I walked to the back room and grabbed my bag and my hoodie, just a plain gray loose thing I'd actually gotten in the men's section at Walmart and checked my phone for any texts. Nothing, really, but I had a thought and pulled up the texting app to send one of my own.

Rick
So we gonna talk about the other night?

I put the phone in my hoodie pocket and headed back through the store, shoving the hood over my head and pushing open the door, more than ready for some fresh air, raining or not. I leaned against the brick of the building and waited for Dan. When he came out I spoke again. So, I mean, you don't really have to come with me, but my friend.. eh, she's always excited to see me uh... getting out there or whatever you'd say. But if you do, I'm heading for Taco Bell. I began walking up the street with my hands shoved in my hoodie pockets, pulling the edges of the hoodie to cover my cold stomach.

Back to top Go down

Daniel Langer |

Posted on Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:40 pm

Alright I said, as a general statement of affirmation to both her saying she would go to the gig and saying that I should finish shopping. Nothing I needed was too pressing, but it was what I'd come here for after all. I continued my meandering around the store while Michelle was in the back room. Overall it wasn't bad. Maybe 4/5 stars, maybe I'd round it up to 5/5 if Michelle introduced me to the local music scene. The fact that the employees were actually connected to the music was pretty cool in itself. Sometimes stores employed people who just needed a job and didn't legitimately care about music, and it showed.

I leaned against the counter lazily as the girl Michelle had been talking to rang me up. She seemed somehow happy to see me, but I didn't question it until she questioned me. "So you and Michelle are going to lunch?" I looked at her, somewhat confused, but then shrugged. I guess She nodded and then handed me the receipt. I accepted it and gave a half-assed smile in return for her huge one.

I stuffed the receipt into my pocket and swung the bag with my purchases back and forth as I walked out and found Michelle. So you used me? I said with mock offense. Not that I wouldn't do the same in her shoes. It definitely explained her friend at the register's excitement that we were going to lunch at... Taco Bell. Maybe there were just no better options in this tiny town? That was disappointing. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I said it in a joking tone, but I was serious. I didn't really want to intrude if she didn't really want to eat lunch with me. She'd already promised to come to the One Shot gig, and hopefully some others would be there that she could introduce me to. That was all I really wanted. I'd agreed to lunch because I figured that you could never have to many friends and she thought the same, but if I was just being used...

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:04 pm

I smiled mischievously, hoping his mock offense didn't have any truth behind it. I shrugged and began walking toward Taco Bell, regardless of his plans. I suppose I could make up for it by buying you a chalupa or something. C'mon!, I said, walking backwards, not really yelling, but talking loudly so he'd know I wasn't going to wait around. Now that I had Taco Bell on the brain, it was so happening. It wasn't real Mexican, I'd have to save that for you know, when I had more money. Maybe when I hadn't just paid on the car.

Alternative, you said? That's a pretty wide range. What about um.. okay so like who are some of your influences? I asked once he'd caught up. To me, alternative was just like saying you liked rock. That could mean you were into eighties hair band shit, or that could mean you were screaming from the bowels of your lungs to some European death metal. Or maybe you were talking about.. I don't know, Imagine Dragons. Music had turned into like two gazillion categories, and a lot of bands didn't even really fit into any particular one.

I've heard a few musicians around here, a lot are like.. emo or uh.. I don't know they just cover top forty stuff. I'd love to see something a little different around here.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics