setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Blessing in disguise

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:31 pm

Thread Details

Music Store | Warm, intermittent raining | around 3pm

OOC Message
Hair is down and straight, and she's wearing this.

One part I loved about my job was the ability to choose the music that played while I worked. So Corey Taylor's voice loomed over the speakers, not so loud that you could really jam to it, but you could stop and appreciate it if you wanted to. The window that had been crashed with the crazy fight had been replaced, and the carpet had been ripped up and replaced. But the black paint was still on the walls. The owner kind of liked it, and we simply covered the obscene word with some zildjian advertisements. It was funny, really, I thought I would lose my job, I thought the world had ended, but no. Because of the local media coverage of the "vandalism" there had never been more business since I'd worked there. It's like it reminded people we were there, which was kind of sad but also a good thing. I sold the cheapest model acoustic guitar to some soccer mom, who said her daughter had been inspired by some youtube videos to try to learn. I tried a little to upsale, but I think she knew that it would just be a brief phase for the girl, but she wanted to give her a shot "just in case". I didn't know the girl, so who was I to say?

I waved the lady off, wishing them both luck, and left to tend to the floor. Lesson books needed rearranged, Tee shirts needed refolded, etc. Even though business had been great since, I still felt guilty about the whole thing. Like, fuck, could I have done something to keep Vincent and Rick from whatever the fuck that was? I knew they weren't fighting over me, it would be conceited of me to think so, but I felt like I wasn't fucking helping shit. How often did these little battles happen, anyway? Vincent had seemed pretty chill about the aftermath. Did it happen so much that he was desensitized to it?

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Blessing in disguise

Daniel Langer |

Posted on Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:30 pm

OOC Message

Index's music scene was like a speck in the eye of Seattle's or Manhattan's. West Elkton was supposedly one of the town's artsier districts and home to what was pretty much the only music store in all of Index. Fortunately, the Mad Platter was a short walk from the house I was renting. The band had converted the garage space into a rehearsal space, and I didn't have a car yet anyway. I wasn't sure what kind of store the Mad Platter would be, but I needed a few small things that weren't really worth trying to head in to Seattle, and besides, our drummer, Aidan, had promised me that they had a perfectly good selection.

The air had that wet smell that it gets after it rains and felt sticky against my skin, but it wasn't hot. If I could bottle the essence of spring, I think I would bottle that air. The window at the front of the store looked like it had been recently replaced, and when I opened the door a chime rang out that announced my presence to anyone who cared to notice. I stuffed my hands into my pockets and allowed my gaze to sweep over the store. Aidan wasn't lying - the store had a pretty good selection of just about everything, as far as I could tell.

I could hear a rock song playing on the store's speakers and I paused to listen for a moment before venturing deeper. I walked slowly, casually browsing the various sections as I passed them. As I passed through the sheet music section my eyes briefly caught on a  blue-haired employee who was arranging lesson books. I couldn't place it, but something about her face struck me as familiar. I slowed even more as I studied her, trying to figure where I had seen her before and if I should know her name.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:14 pm

I know companies liked shit to be uniform and unique, but you know, why couldn't you make the clarinet books a different color than the trombone books? Everyone got the books put back in the bin with the right brand name, but fuck, they had flutes with tubas and bass oboes with french horns and... wait. What the fuck was the purpose in a bass oboe? And why the fuck did I know what that was? Always little reminders of her even though she was gone. Bitch could probably play a bass oboe.

I felt eyes on me when I reached to place the piccolo book back in its section, and I stopped, wondering if it would be Vincent, or a cop to ask questions or.. who knew? Shockingly enough, it wasn't any of them. But it was someone I felt like I should know. Was it someone Eva knew? Or.. No, no, I remembered this face. From my own life. This was someone I'd met before, but shit, obviously my memory was a gnarled mess.

Hey there, I said, hesitating just a bit between words, hoping a casual greeting was just the right thing when you weren't sure if you knew someone or not. You could play it cool either way, right? Maybe it would trigger something when I heard his voice.

Back to top Go down

Daniel Langer |

Posted on Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:33 pm

I froze a little when she talked to me. I guess I was more obvious than I thought I was. I wasn't openly staring or anything, just walking slowly while I tried to decide where I knew the girl from, but I'd been caught. I hadn't meant to be creepy or anything - or even to talk to her, really - but I'd been caught in the act of staring at a store employee like some kind of stalker. I figured I should probably explain myself.Uh, sorry. Just... have we met before?

I was frustrated - I was on the verge of remembering who she was, but it wasn't quite coming  to me. Like when there's a word on the tip of your tongue and you know what it means and it happens to fit perfectly into your next sentence, but you can't remember what it is. And the blue hair - I should remember that, right? Not that I'd only ever met one blue-haired girl, but it wasn't as common as, say, a natural hair color.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:54 pm

Oh, thank God, I wasn't the only one in a fog with past acquaintances. The voice was a little familiar, but it wasn't a one hundred percent answer. It had to be Seattle, though. 

I think so? I think um... did you ever live in Seattle? I used to. It's been a while. I put the last book in its right place, took a quick peek up to the register to make sure no one was waiting for me to ring them up. I aways went to that one place - oh what was it called? I think the name changed every month, but it's where all the good bands played. I grinned, hoping this was it. It seemed right. Oh... and uh, my hair was probably... another color. I think I'd only had it one of two colors when I lived there, either black or purple. Which of course, got me to thinking about my next color. Maybe another shade of purple. Time for a Sally's trip with Caly, fuck yeah!

Wait... where you in one of those bands? Dude, that was it!

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics